PDA

View Full Version : Hey Paul.......

Brett
07-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Guess your bashing bush for unemployemnt cant stick now...lol

Job market rebounds in June after anemic May
Employers add 146,000 jobs; U.S. jobless rate sinks to near four-year low

Updated: 8:52 a.m. ET July 8, 2005
WASHINGTON - Hiring around the country picked up slightly in June with employers adding 146,000 jobs — helping to push the unemployment rate down to 5 percent, the lowest in nearly four years.

The latest snapshot of the nation’s jobs climate, released by the Labor Department on Friday, supported the view of Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan and his colleagues that the labor market continues to improve gradually.

The modest payroll gain of 146,000 jobs in June was up from 104,000 net jobs added in May. Payroll growth for both April and May turned out to be better than the government previously reported. Still, the strength of job growth seen in June was likely to disappoint economists. They were forecasting a more robust increase of around 195,000 jobs for the month.

Manufacturers shed jobs in June for the fourth month in a row. Job growth slowed in retailing but picked up briskly in professional and business services, and leisure and hospitality.

The 5 percent civilian unemployment rate, meanwhile, was down a notch from the 5.1 percent registered in May. It matched the jobless rate in September 2001 and was bested only by a 4.9 percent unemployment rate in August 2001.

The Federal Reserve, wanting to keep inflation in check, lifted a key interest rate by one-quarter percentage point to 3.25 percent last week and signaled rates were likely to climb higher through this year. Fed policymakers suggested the economy and the job market are in good shape despite the toll of high energy prices.

“Although energy prices have risen further, the expansion remains firm and labor market conditions continue to improve gradually,” Fed policymakers said last week.

Oil prices surged to $61.28 a barrel on Wednesday, a closing price that marked a new record high.

The labor market, which has seen uneven job growth from month to month, is one part of the economy that has struggled to get back to full throttle after the 2001 recession. Economists would like to see steady payroll gains of at least 150,000 each month.

President Bush, plagued by questions about the health of the job market in his first term, wants to see the country enjoy good economic conditions.

In June, manufacturers cut 24,000 jobs. Makers of motor vehicles and parts, which have cut production and offered promotions to sell off excess inventories and entice buyers, lost 18,000 jobs over the month.

Professional and business services, however, added a robust 56,000 jobs in June, up from 10,000 new positions created in May. Employment in financial activities grew by 16,000, an improvement from the 4,000 new jobs seen in the previous month. Leisure and hospitality companies stepped up payrolls by 19,000 in June after being flat in May.

4dmin
07-08-2005, 09:40 AM
why its been up for the past 4 years... its been on a decline trend since the 911 hike... i didn't say he was the cause just a factor of the economy... 5% is still high and high energy prices soaring its not going to make an impact on the economy...

Brett
07-08-2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah but he has NO CONTROL over energy prices, I know you know better then that :tongue:

Dragonfly5338
07-08-2005, 01:24 PM
PROPAGANDA!!! FUCK BUSH! i like my gov't the way i like my women - BRAZILIAN!

(wtf - i don't think that made any sense, but it was still funny)

4dmin
07-08-2005, 01:52 PM
Yeah but he has NO CONTROL over energy prices, I know you know better then that :tongue:

aww but he does... just like when clinton used some of the oil reserves :) plus if you don't think he is making $$$ of oil right now your :crazy: thats where the bush family made alot of $$$.

Jaimecbr900
07-08-2005, 10:55 PM
PROPAGANDA!!! FUCK BUSH! i like my gov't the way i like my women - BRAZILIAN!

(wtf - i don't think that made any sense, but it was still funny)

I'll pay attention to you Val..... ;) .....I got it darlin'......smooth one.... ;)

Ironic since you're a, ahem, BUSH basher..... :D