PDA

View Full Version : My GSR hatch Vs. Last Z28

turb0teg
06-24-2007, 03:44 PM
I was on my way home and I see a camaro behind me. It's the last body style camaro, not sure of the year, 97-00??. He pulled up beside me and I see it's a Z28. I'm thinking, "this is going to be interesting." Anyways, we are going down the road, no other cars are around so we hit it. We were both going about 45mph, I didn't downshift, I just stayed in 4th gear. He pulls on me. Ok, he didn't get too far ahead and I should've down shifted. Sweet, he slows down and waits for me. We look at each other, I tell him I didn't downshift and he's says "alright." We go again except I downshift. I went to 3rd even though I had a good 20+mph left in 2nd (40 roll). We are even for a bit then I start to pull on him. Not quite sure of the mph when we stopped, but my back bumper was at his front bumper. I slow down and he yells that his car is an automatic and kinda smiles. I get down the road and :lmfao:

Halfwit
06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
why would u
1: not downshift
2: upshift when u have 20mph left?

sounds sketchy.

remix
my d16b4 vs: new zo6

we were goin down the highway at 4:30 pm on a friday afternoon (no traffic at all) and so we punch it. we both smiled as we were racing, our hearts were beating, and we were having adrenaline rushes, we get near 70 mph and i see hes about to start pulling, so i upshift to 5th and str8 leave him. we both left off at about 180. good kill IMO.

1civic
06-24-2007, 04:54 PM
I was on my way home and I see a camaro behind me. It's the last body style camaro, not sure of the year, 97-00??. He pulled up beside me and I see it's a Z28. I'm thinking, "this is going to be interesting." Anyways, we are going down the road, no other cars are around so we hit it. We were both going about 45mph, I didn't downshift, I just stayed in 4th gear. He pulls on me. Ok, he didn't get too far ahead and I should've down shifted. Sweet, he slows down and waits for me. We look at each other, I tell him I didn't downshift and he's says "alright." We go again except I downshift. I went to 3rd even though I had a good 20+mph left in 2nd (40 roll). We are even for a bit then I start to pull on him. Not quite sure of the mph when we stopped, but my back bumper was at his front bumper. I slow down and he yells that his car is an automatic and kinda smiles. I get down the road and :lmfao:

That was me.. ;) .. Just so you really know I was in Overdrive the whole time.. :taun: . I'll be sure to downshift next time... :umno: .. Later... :D

KevinT707
06-24-2007, 05:03 PM
Halfwit is SO cute. He makes the most clever stories ever, I'm about to get it published for children's books.

Halfwit
06-24-2007, 05:06 PM
thanks. i try.

AnclyT
06-24-2007, 05:08 PM
THREAD FAILURE!

turb0teg
06-24-2007, 07:16 PM
I didn't downshift the first time b/c I wasn't ready when he took off so I just floored it. I kept it in 3rd for the second run b/c I have a bad rear motor mount and it kicks the motor real hard, so I just sacrificed a little speed so it wouldn't kick and possibly pop it out of gear.

On_Her_Face
06-24-2007, 08:29 PM
why run with broken shit, ur just more prone to breaking more shit?

AnclyT
06-24-2007, 08:40 PM
because it's cool to be like toretto..

On_Her_Face
06-24-2007, 08:45 PM
ya its all for the glory i guess

turb0teg
06-24-2007, 08:52 PM
I just haven't had time to put it on the lift yet. And I didn't make it kick, so what's the problem?

On_Her_Face
06-24-2007, 09:28 PM
just wondering.. why

slowhawk01
06-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I just haven't had time to put it on the lift yet.

You know they make a cool device called a jack so you don't need a lift:D

turb0teg
06-24-2007, 09:41 PM
You know they make a cool device called a jack so you don't need a lift:D

haha, true, but I'm too lazy to pull it on wood, then jack it up, set the jack stands, and lay on the sizzling hot cement. Just gotta get to my friends shop on a weekend.

slowhawk01
06-24-2007, 10:08 PM
haha, true, but I'm too lazy to pull it on wood, then jack it up, set the jack stands, and lay on the sizzling hot cement. Just gotta get to my friends shop on a weekend.

Been there on that. Hell I'm still there:lmfao:

1civic
06-25-2007, 11:03 AM
I didn't downshift the first time b/c I wasn't ready when he took off so I just floored it. I kept it in 3rd for the second run b/c I have a bad rear motor mount and it kicks the motor real hard, so I just sacrificed a little speed so it wouldn't kick and possibly pop it out of gear.

I'm Sure I posted telling you it was me..... :???: .. I took off tring to get away from you... :doh: .. I should have floored it.. ;).. When I seen you take off I thought forsure your car was going to blow up... What was with all that smoke from your tail pipe... :screwy: .. Was that Oil smoke or fuel, I think You might want to check your oil ... :2cents: . Anyways when Your ready for a real race with my V6 with Z28 stickers let me know... :D ..

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 12:42 PM
any pics of the car then?

ryanh300
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
I'm Sure I posted telling you it was me..... :???: .. I took off tring to get away from you... :doh: .. I should have floored it.. ;).. When I seen you take off I thought forsure your car was going to blow up... What was with all that smoke from your tail pipe... :screwy: .. Was that Oil smoke or fuel, I think You might want to check your oil ... :2cents: . Anyways when Your ready for a real race with my V6 with Z28 stickers let me know... :D ..

haha stop making excuses and take the loss like a man...you got beat by a 4cyl.

BufordhwyPlya
06-25-2007, 02:42 PM

And what do you drive?

:lmfao:

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 02:59 PM
And what do you drive?

:lmfao:

Is the EJ8 civic in his sig not a good clue?

explains why you drive GTslOw

On_Her_Face
06-25-2007, 03:43 PM
i dont think he was really asking what the guy drove i think he was making a joke out of it.

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 03:55 PM
i dont think he was really asking what the guy drove i think he was making a joke out of it.

I just wanted to say GTslOw.... :D

95alty
06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
That story by half was hilarious... Stop being silly :gay: :gay: :gay: :idb:

FAHHQUE700
06-25-2007, 04:11 PM
this whole thread makes no sense.... so you legitimatly won the race? and you think you raced Gtslow? if so... he must have been eating a hamburger, talking on the phone, and getting road head, while racing you....

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 04:49 PM
this whole thread makes no sense.... so you legitimatly won the race? and you think you raced Gtslow? if so... he must have been eating a hamburger, talking on the phone, and getting road head, while racing you....

What in the hell are you talking about?

1civic
06-25-2007, 08:52 PM
What in the hell are you talking about?

Don't mind him.. :screwy: . He smokes crack.... Would you like to run this Z28 again for a little money... Should be easy money for you since you already won once... Right ?.. Let me know I'm sure we can set something up... :goodjob:

1civic
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM

I got one for you NutSwinger.. :idb: . Run your HotRod.... :goodjob:

1civic
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM

Dude you are so lost.... :crazy: .. , Tell him about the Z28 with a V6 in it.... :lmfao: .. OH !! FAHHQUE700, Wasn't you behind me that day... :yes:.. I almost lost you in the smoke though... :screwy:

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 10:00 PM
Don't mind him.. :screwy: . He smokes crack.... Would you like to run this Z28 again for a little money... Should be easy money for you since you already won once... Right ?.. Let me know I'm sure we can set something up... :goodjob:

I don't race for money. But I might head out to silver dollar friday night if I can get my motor mount in and make a little money. It is a lot quieter now, I put my axle back back on. Any pics of the z28?

1civic
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
I don't race for money. But I might head out to silver dollar friday night if I can get my motor mount in and make a little money. It is a lot quieter now, I put my axle back back on. Any pics of the z28?

No Pics Man !!... Good Luck gettin your car fixed, Its Not good having a busted motor mount... ;)

B18CDELSLO
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
turboteg are you boosted?

turb0teg
06-26-2007, 10:11 PM
nope, 2 owners ago the car was boosted though. Supposedly used to be a 12 second car.