PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Fun roads to drive

Magnus213
06-23-2007, 11:40 PM
Tomorrow morning my friends and I are going out for a little spirited driving, and we're looking for some good roads to drive. We're not going to be street racing, we're just looking for some fun twisties with little traffic. Anyone know of anything around the John's Creek area?

dLux636
06-24-2007, 12:07 AM
hmmm, iam new to atlanta but i would guess just drive north until you hit the mountains and you will find some nice roads there.

Magnus213
06-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Yeah that's kind of the backup plan. We don't want it to be more than an hour, two tops, round trip. Last time we ventured up 141 into South Forsyth territory and found some fun stuff. I think, if I can think of nothing else, we'll either drive up and find some fun roads around Lake Lanier or, as a last resort, drive toward Vogel State Park. The roads there are absolutely awesome.

jfman
06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Go to lumpkin County and drive the loop.

Jerra
06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Up in Winder...um...heading toward athens on 316 take a left at the little road right before you get to 29...just keep driving around...there are tons of little windy roads.

cactusEG
06-24-2007, 10:18 PM
go to blood mnt.. or helen for the sights

admedlin
07-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Dude there's a road between columbus and thomaston, hwy 36 i think? the speed limit is 55, but when I was driving it every day I averaged about 80. Nice twisties, left right left right, downhill, uphill. there's no traffic at all :)

vwimmer
07-15-2007, 08:33 AM
Aww damn, you live in the Johns Creek area too!

Alright, well I know a perfect place to go around 2am when the traffic is completely dead. Alright, say you're heading down Medlock Bridge coming from State Bridge. At the highway 120 (Abbotts Bridge) intersection (You should see a shell to your right, and a BMW dealership other side of the intersection on the left) make a right on to 120, head down it a about 5miles and you'll come across about a mile or two of some pretty crazy turns. I'd suggest you go past it, and turn around in that little parking lot before the train tracks, ride back and enjoy.

Me and a friend hit a little over 90mph on these turns on Friday night in his Chev Malibu, we out ran our friend's SRT-4. But I'd definitely advise getting to know this road a bit before tearing it up hardcore.

burke420
07-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Helen, says it. but if you goto Helen, you might as well drive to NC, for the Taiul of the Dragon. search it! but just crusie around, and find a good road, and practice it! i did in douglasville

Revmaynard
07-15-2007, 06:26 PM
There is a road here in the Decatur area that is called Mason Mill, it's pretty badass to be nestled in a neigborhood/city area.

On Google maps it doesn't show it how it's been laid, I might do a video from in my friends car and post it up.

chsdog55
07-15-2007, 07:14 PM
Blood Mountain is good and So if Fort Mountain. Fort mountain is near elijay and chatsworth.