PDA

View Full Version : General Chat thoughts on the n/a 300zx

my97lude
06-22-2007, 09:19 PM
one of my friends is thinking about getting the last gen. n/a 300zx. whats everyones thoughts on this car. I personally think it looks hott, its rwd, and its rare. However, the n/a is a bit slow right? i mean 0-60 in the high 7's/low 8's. if anyones got one or driven one please give me some input. thanks

Nemesis
06-22-2007, 09:23 PM
I had an NA Z31, not quite what you asked for but close kind of. Anyways you dont buy an NA 300zx to be fast or make fast. Its cheaper on insurance which is probably a big plus. Either way, they are fairly heavy. If you really want to know Id PM SpeedMinded. Hes a Z32 guru.

300z
06-22-2007, 09:25 PM
i had one it was an auto it was a fun car
but man repair bills are a bitch
and hard to get to stuff under the hood
its not too slow but not blazing fast either
loved the car but have some money for repair bills

jfman
06-23-2007, 03:55 PM
but man repair bills are a bitch
and hard to get to stuff under the hood
its not too slow but not blazing fast either
loved the car but have some money for repair bills

+ 1 A friend had one is that car was a a piece of shit and a pita to work on.

Mooney1184
06-23-2007, 04:22 PM
i had a 90 5 speed, loved it to death, but its the last thing you will ever want to work on. like stated above, have a savings account ready for repairs. z1 motorsports in temple ga specializes in 90-96 300z's so your best repair job/cost will be up there. personally id love to have another one, but i wouldnt dare until im out of college and can afford it along w/ a dd. i miss the attention it got at red lights.

takume
06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Why not to buy the Twin Turbo but the NA ?
The only thing I know about this car is the repair/ maintenance is $$$

live~sideway
06-25-2007, 10:43 AM
ive got a friend with a 300z right now and im going to tell you its probably one of the least thought through cars nissan has ever put out. everything is hard to get to especially hoses which are normally impossible to get to. and parts are almost as expensive as bmw parts. so dont whatever you do get a 300z.

compufreak21
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
I had a 92 n/a 5spd and loved it but yea they are a pain in the balls to work on. Best advice is if you know a little about cars...get a shop manual as they dont make chiltons for these cars and get to know the guys up at z1. Fun car to drive but be ready to either pay big $$$ out of pocket or do the repairs yourself. Oh and a twin turbo swap is actually pretty straight forward in these cars. Direct swap and bolt in just have to wire in a boost guage! can get Twin Turbo front clips with low miles for $2800 all day long! This will be my next project actually. N/A to tt 300zx.

speedminded
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Drop an LS1 or 6 in it :goodjob:

speedminded
07-18-2007, 03:55 PM
I had an NA Z31, not quite what you asked for but close kind of. Anyways you dont buy an NA 300zx to be fast or make fast. Its cheaper on insurance which is probably a big plus. Either way, they are fairly heavy. If you really want to know Id PM SpeedMinded. Hes a Z32 guru.You automatically become one when you own one and work on it yourself :tongue: Death to the VG!

Drop an LS1 or 6 in it ;)

thursdaybuff
07-18-2007, 10:06 PM
a common thing would be to make an n/a to tt conversion as far as power goes but if that's not what you're going for, they make for awesome daily drivers if it's well taken care of.

Drop an LS1 or 6 in it :goodjob:
was never really a big fan of those swaps but i've seen some nice ones. i still prefer the power you get out of a well-built vg:

Example. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fprwUH2on1Q)