PDA

View Full Version : another drunk driver story

kilpatty43
07-07-2005, 09:48 PM
my friend derek called me a little while ago...i havent heard from him in a few weeks...well apparently...he and his friend james were driving home 3 weeks ago and got hit head on by a drunk driver...james was driving and he jerked the wheel to the right thus putting him in teh direct path of the oncoming truck...james was killed on impact...derek broke both his femurs...and his right wrist...his left shoulder was dislocated...he broke several ribs...one puncturing his lung...he also ruptured his spleen...he had a severe concussion and was placed in a drug induced coma for a week...the drunk driver was a 18 year old kid coming home from a party...he walked away without a scratch on him...he was arrested and is facing 1st degree vehicular homicide and multiple other charges involved with the wreck...

its so sad...i dont get the point in drinking and driving...hell even cops will drive you home nad there is always someone you can call...please dont drink and drive...too many innocent people are hurt when you do...

s four t5
07-07-2005, 09:50 PM
Sheesh heather...i'm sorry to hear about that. My drunk driver story doesn't even compare to that...

topsecret2JZ
07-07-2005, 09:54 PM
fuck drunk driving

quickdodgeŽ
07-07-2005, 09:55 PM
^^^ You tell 'em. Later, QD.

lilgapeach
07-07-2005, 09:57 PM
I am sorry to hear about that Heather... My dad is always telling me about these drunk driver wrecks he gets called to and it seems like ,most of the time the drunk driver is not hurt at all but the non drunk ppl are hurt badly or die. My cousin is in the USMC, a few months ago he was on leave so him and some friends were going to FL on there way there they were hit head on by a drunk driver 2 of his friends were DOA 1 was in ICU for a long time and my cousin was pretty beat up. The drunk driver didnt even have to go to the hospital, Anyways Heather I really am sorry to hear about that, I will keep both of them and their families in my prayers.

kilpatty43
07-07-2005, 10:51 PM
they say that most drunk drivers do walk away uninjured...its bc theyre totally relaxed...when a lucid person gets into a wreck they tense up thus why often times they get hurt...when youre drunk you dont tense...thus why you usually dont get hurt

as far as my friend goes...he is doing pretty well...he's in good spirits and is getting better each day...he knows that he is lucky to be alive and is trying to be optimistic...ill pass along yalls comments to him

lilgapeach
07-07-2005, 10:56 PM
Glade he is ok and in good spirits. I know about all the tenseed up adn relaxed stuff when you wreck I just think it's wrong as hell that the dumb asses walk away like that makes me mad.

kilpatty43
07-07-2005, 10:59 PM
yeah i agree...my mom was hit by a drunk driver when she was pregnant with kristi and i...she rolled down a cliff and he walked away...luckily she wasnt hurt too badly...

also...pauls dad was killed last august by a drunk driver...

lilgapeach
07-07-2005, 11:07 PM
Damn I am glde your mom was ok you and Kristi seem prety cool! I think I remember reading about Paul's dad in a thred. I don't know how it feels to loose a loved one to a drunk driver but I have a lot of sympothy for thoes who do. I get horrer stories about accidents involving a drunk driver ever time my dad has a day off of work.

flysi00
07-07-2005, 11:49 PM
damn that sucks sorry to hear that