PDA

View Full Version : Would it be weird if i built a JDM style domestic??

madking411
06-22-2007, 02:20 PM
...hm, im just wondering, cuz i REALLLY like JDM style, but right now i dont have a japanese car, i have a domestic. But i want to start workin on it soon, probably when the school year starts in the fall..First mod will be a fart can style exhaust:D , but i want it to have a JDM style angle out the back of the car. Am i crazy for wantin to build somethin so mixed up like that?:thinking:

An American JDM car......hmmmm.....

silversol
06-22-2007, 02:21 PM
sounds like a whack idea to me. but what kind of domestic?

william_jeff
06-22-2007, 02:23 PM
sounds like wheat...

madking411
06-22-2007, 02:37 PM
its a white 96 pontiac sunfire...

Well, then, if i cant build it JDM style...how can i build it so it'll still be reeeally really hot and CLEAN* with minimal extra body work in the end?

*(as in, no body kits and strobes and wings and lambo doors and crap like that? i dont like cars wit all that nastiness on them..):no:

william_jeff
06-22-2007, 02:43 PM
get a honda

scionara
06-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Word ^^^

mxglory258
06-22-2007, 03:16 PM
Agreed. PIck up yourself a honda. then ORDER a JDM style exhaust (who knew)? lol

madking411
06-22-2007, 03:24 PM
well, me buying a honda wont be happenin anytime soon cuz i dont have any moneyy right now for a new car, and plus we just got finished rebuilding the pontiac trans, so i kinda wanna keep it for a long time....Meanwhile, i wanna build it so it'll b a really clean, nice car...can i get any help or advice on how i should build the car? cuz im not gonna trash it and get a new one...at least not for a long while..

mxglory258
06-22-2007, 03:48 PM
I'd cut my losses and buy a honda if it were me. As for you i'd just look into a clean exhaust, dont just put a muffler on it. Do a whole exhaust. You may have to fab up a header. I don't know about those cars at all. But if your doing exhaust do it complete so its actually benificial rather than just the loud muffler. Then some suspension work and wheels, and you'll have a clean car.

madking411
06-22-2007, 03:51 PM
alrite then. thanx. All im lookin for is somethin really nice and clean and has a good exhaust note. When fall comes, is when i'll get to work!

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 03:52 PM
It's impossible to make a domestic JDM.
JDM= Japanese
Domestic= American

You do the math

GSRteg®
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Get a honda last last you longer!

Well, then, if i cant build it JDM style...how can i build it so it'll still be reeeally really hot and CLEAN* with minimal extra body work in the end?

*(as in, no body kits and strobes and wings and lambo doors and crap like that? i dont like cars wit all that nastiness on them..):no:

Dracc
06-22-2007, 04:07 PM

NO NO NO son.. omg.. hell no.... shhh... just walk away.. if you want JDM get a honda.. if domestics peeps saw this lol...:no:

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 04:09 PM
there is realy no way to make a sunfire have the jdm look. there is no JDMish parts for that car.

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 04:17 PM
the closest way is to buy a cavalier(both cavi and sunfire=j-body) and badge it as a toyota cavalier(yes, its real.look it up). or have the real thing imported(street-line.net)i have yota cavi taillights on my car.

if you have any questions about your car IM me, or you can and SEARCH for your answers on j-body.org. MOST IA people don't like us domestic people, especialy if your wanting to make one JDM mad TyTe yo!

iEvo
06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
get a mo-ped

Dracc
06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
the closest way is to buy a cavalier(both cavi and sunfire=j-body) and badge it as a toyota cavalier(yes, its real.look it up). or have the real thing imported(street-line.net)i have yota cavi taillights on my car.

if you have any questions about your car IM me. MOST IA people don't like us domestic people, especialy if your wanting to make one JDM mad TyTe yo!

yes the yota cav is real.. and so is the converstion.... most ppl on IA don't like us cause we are domestic.. who cares. we all have cars we love get over it.. but trying ot jump in the the JDM scence with a domestic vehicle....:no: no sir..... we like to call the PMS.... Poser Man Syndrome.. please dont' fall victim to this, I have spoken

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 04:29 PM
http://www.streetvisioncc.com

^ shameless car club plug

check us out, madking411

Dracc
06-22-2007, 04:33 PM
http://www.streetvisioncc.com (http://www.streetvisioncc.com/)

^ shameless car club plug

check us out, madking411

hahahahah.... free advertisment :goodjob:

Kyle
06-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Well if you're going to invest money into this car to make it JDM you might as well just spend a little of that money and trade it in for a honda.

Humphrizzle
06-22-2007, 05:06 PM
wtf?

you cant make an ugly car clean from lowering it, exhaust and wheels...

it just wont happen.

AnthonyF
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
what a dumb fucking idea. how can a USDM be JDM?

if ur american...how can u ever possibly be hispanic?

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 05:16 PM
what a dumb fucking idea. how can a USDM be JDM?

if ur american...how can u ever possibly be hispanic?

said the guy with yellow fog lights on a 'stang

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 05:26 PM
^^^lol

Humphrizzle
06-22-2007, 05:28 PM
that's pretty stupid to say... how could my USDM civic ever be JDM then?

no car made in america can be "JDM"..

stupid thread all around.

get a body kit and do that stuff

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
it cant no car in america can be "JDM"..

so a car imported from japan, in america, is not JDM? :rolleyes:

get a body kit and do that stuff

no, bodykits for sunfire are not good, unless it's from RKsport which is $$$$

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
^^^ Because JDM parts are made for USDM civics to convert them. JDM parts are not made for other domestic cars

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 05:35 PM
JDM parts are not made for other domestic cars

were did my toyota tail lights come from then? 'cause they were shipped from japan

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
were did my toyota tail light come from then? 'cause they were shipped from japan

You said you have a cavalier right? And they have a yota cavi right? Therefore they would have tailights to fit your car right?

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
yes, yes, yes

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, my point has been made

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 05:46 PM
im lost

Humphrizzle
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
i dont think you all know what JDM and USDM mean.

JDM: Japanese Domestic Market- meaning the car was made IN Japan along with the parts on it.

USDM: United States Domestic Market- car was made IN US along with the parts on it.

excluding CRX's.. they were imported in early 90s

JDM parts were not made to convert USDM to JDM civics.. they were made because that's how they were made in Japan.

Fuckin ridiculous.. learn some shit

BluesClues
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM

JDM: Japanese Domestic Market- meaning the car was made IN Japan along with the parts on it.

USDM: United States Domestic Market- car was made IN US along with the parts on it.

JDM parts were not made to convert USDM to JDM civics.. they were made because that's how they were made in Japan.

No they were not made to convert, but you can convert. You can convert a USDM civic to be JDM using JDM parts. My point is that you can not convert a domestic car if there are no japan parts made for the car

green91
06-22-2007, 06:11 PM

Shit, i guess my 91 civic is CDM then since it was made in canada. damnit.

cactusEG
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM
sale ur car and get an acura

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 06:47 PM
ok, my tail lights was made for a japanese car. what part of that is NOT JDM?

mxglory258
06-22-2007, 06:50 PM
wtf?

you cant make an ugly car clean from lowering it, exhaust and wheels...

it just wont happen.
I meant just for a start. I just left words out b/c i'm in a rush today

Dracc
06-22-2007, 07:06 PM
the Yota cav is pure JDM

Jerra
06-22-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm with them...get a Honda. They are inexpensive, more reliable than anything Domestic...and parts are pretty cheap on most of them. Get a nice little Teg or some shit.

If you try to make your Sunfire JDM...you'll have to get everything custom...and it will still be slow as shit.

For the record...you can have something that is Japanese and American at the same time...how about all those guys in WWII who knocked up little Japanese girls...those kids were....wait for it...Japanese and American...Oh Snap!

Get a Honda.

Echonova
06-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Swap a Cavi front end on to the Sunfire, it bolts right up... It looks pretty good. Sunfire front end on a Cavi = FTL. DON'T DO A BODY KIT!!!!!!!! Almost any and every body kit looks, feels, smells, and tastes like rice. Keep it low key and you won't have every ricer trying to run you at every light. As far as JDM for USDM....... DDEERRRRRR.

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Swap a Cavi front end on to the Sunfire, it bolts right up... It looks pretty good. Sunfire front end on a Cavi = FTL.

i have a sunfire front end on my cavi. i think i looks realy good

RandomGuy
06-22-2007, 08:40 PM
i say you get a mugen valve cover ... it'd look sick

COGCaviZ24
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
^ LOL

Kyle
06-22-2007, 09:42 PM
i say you get a mugen valve cover ... it'd look sick
Nah just get bucky to spray mugen on the current valve cover.

Humphrizzle
06-22-2007, 11:26 PM
I'd like to see you convert everything on a honda civic ej6 to EK4 EK9 status.

Echonova
06-22-2007, 11:39 PM
i have a sunfire front end on my cavi. i think i looks realy goodI'm sorry you are gay. While I can appreciate the struggle, don't push the agenda on the rest of us.

Dracc
06-23-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm sorry you are gay. While I can appreciate the struggle, don't push the agenda on the rest of us.

you are :gay: .... its hot looking.. why fault the man for doing what he wants to HIS CAR... i mean come one its what he wants.. now as far as the JDM thing welll we all know thats a :no:

superboost
06-23-2007, 07:51 AM
its been done :tongue1: lol

http://www.motorpasion.com/images/fast_furious_mustang-03.jpg

http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/710/710765/the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-rb-powered-mustang-20060531034526431.jpg

COGCaviZ24
06-23-2007, 08:14 AM
I'm sorry you are gay. While I can appreciate the struggle, don't push the agenda on the rest of us.

yup, i'm a full blown homosexual, but some how i managed to get a woman to marry me and have my son(see avatar).u dont know me.

i'm not pushing anything. i agreed that the idea of a JDM sunfire was not a good idea. if you appreciate anything, you should appreciate my passion for cars, ALL cars. i dont stick to cars that are gm(unlike most import guys that think domestic is the worst thing on the road). i just know them well. as a matter of fact, i just helped a friend build a b17a, turbo, chipped the ecu(92 integra), rewire the harness, and put it in a civic dx.

but i'm done here.

ryanh300
06-23-2007, 01:34 PM
You guys need to look at the thread starters birthday. He just turned 16 in November, hes just a kid who probably doesnt make any decisions for himself about his car.

madking411
06-23-2007, 01:52 PM
can someone delete this thread?? im not gonna do ADM/JDM....im gon go back to my old corolla and play around with that. I'll have a new thread on it though, cuz it needs a carb re-build and i need to know where i can get that done...

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-23-2007, 02:01 PM
There is nothing "JDM" about the Toyota Cavalier. It wasn't made in Japan it was made here in the USA. After the Cavalier was done here it was then shipped off to Japan under "Toyota." Im not trying to offend you in any way but im just putting out the facts. And also, your part was shipped from Japan because the Cavalier that was made here was shipped to Japan then was stripped for that part and then shipped right back here, to you. So therefore, nothing is JDM about that Toyota Cavalier except it went by Japan specs with the RHD, amber turn light signals, and other things. And just because a vehicle follows Japan specs doesn't make it JDM, it was made here in the USA, not in Japan.

There is my :2cents:.

Total_Blender
06-23-2007, 05:37 PM
how about all those guys in WWI who knocked up little Japanese girls...those kids were....wait for it...Japanese and American...Oh Snap!

I think this might be the single most misinformed thing I have ever read on IA. And that saying a lot. Don't you mean WWII? Because WWI was in Europe. Kthxbye.:goodjob:

Anyhow, paint your hood flat black, get a folgers can on your exhaust, and some "type R" stickers. Be sure to add some blue headlights and some altezza taillights, and maybe som Japanese letter decals. You don't have to know what the letters mean, just tell people they mean "made in Japan".

Since your transmission was "rebuilt" I am guessing its an automatic, which is good. You'll be driving faster since you don't have to stop to shift. :goodjob: You might also want to invest in a high downforce rear wing that will reduce the effect of all the weight on your front end from the front wheel drive layout.

madking411
06-23-2007, 08:53 PM
I think this might be the single most misinformed thing I have ever read on IA. And that saying a lot. Don't you mean WWII? Because WWI was in Europe. Kthxbye.:goodjob:

Anyhow, paint your hood flat black, get a folgers can on your exhaust, and some "type R" stickers. Be sure to add some blue headlights and some altezza taillights, and maybe som Japanese letter decals. You don't have to know what the letters mean, just tell people they mean "made in Japan".

Since your transmission was "rebuilt" I am guessing its an automatic, which is good. You'll be driving faster since you don't have to stop to shift. :goodjob: You might also want to invest in a high downforce rear wing that will reduce the effect of all the weight on your front end from the front wheel drive layout.

oh good lord....it concerns me slightly that you'd actually advise someone in such detail on how to turn their car into complete TRASH.....:lmfao:

Total_Blender
06-24-2007, 08:02 AM
its been done :tongue1: lol

http://www.motorpasion.com/images/fast_furious_mustang-03.jpg

http://carsmedia.ign.com/cars/image/article/710/710765/the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-drift-car-of-the-day-rb-powered-mustang-20060531034526431.jpg

I hated this car pretty bad when I saw a pic of the body the other day. Now that I have seen whats in the engine bay I really hate this car. Why would someone do this? Is this some kind of sick joke? Look how close the intake manifold and turbo pipes are to the strut towers... thats not good. You hit a bump and you'll lose boost when the manifold breaks or the turbo tubes come loose :crazy:

Jerra
06-24-2007, 11:17 AM

Yeah...i did in fact mean WWII...missed an "I" in there...my bad.

sirkus
06-24-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd just tint the windows 5%-15%, get the car repainted. Maybe lower it a little if you can, and then throw some 17's on it. That's as clean as you'll ever get a Sunfire.

BTLFED
06-24-2007, 11:32 AM
GAWD I FUCKING HATE THE WORD "CLEAN!" HALF OF YOU FUCKING PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT REALLY MEANS. :slap:

sirkus
06-24-2007, 11:36 AM
GAWD I FUCKING HATE THE WORD "CLEAN!" HALF OF YOU FUCKING PEOPLE DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THAT REALLY MEANS. :slap:
What does it mean then? I always thought it was just it being an overall nice car. Paint (in great condition), wheels, and everything pretty much goes together well. "It looks clean." :thinking:

It's better than the word "HawT"

BTLFED
06-24-2007, 11:40 AM
It is the most overused fucking word in the import industry.

I fucking hate "Hawt" more.

COGCaviZ24
06-24-2007, 05:13 PM
There is nothing "JDM" about the Toyota Cavalier. It wasn't made in Japan it was made here in the USA. After the Cavalier was done here it was then shipped off to Japan under "Toyota." Im not trying to offend you in any way but im just putting out the facts. And also, your part was shipped from Japan because the Cavalier that was made here was shipped to Japan then was stripped for that part and then shipped right back here, to you. So therefore, nothing is JDM about that Toyota Cavalier except it went by Japan specs with the RHD, amber turn light signals, and other things. And just because a vehicle follows Japan specs doesn't make it JDM, it was made here in the USA, not in Japan.

There is my :2cents:.

ahh damn, you got me. thought i could pull a fast on the ignorant. lol

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-26-2007, 01:29 AM
LOL, it's all good.

AnthonyF
06-26-2007, 06:48 AM
said the guy with yellow fog lights on a 'stang

hey retard...yellow fog lights CUT THROUGH FOG. they aren't country oriented.

i live out in the country where fog is a must every single morning. :2up:

COGCaviZ24
06-26-2007, 07:19 AM
hey retard...yellow fog lights CUT THROUGH FOG. they aren't country oriented.

i live out in the country where fog is a must every single morning. :2up:

dont give me that shit. i live fairly close to you and go thru hoschton from time to time for work, and unless it rains, there is very little fog period. i'd understand if you lived in london (damn fog breathers). not trying to dis your car thu, i think it looks good :goodjob:

§treet_§peed
06-26-2007, 09:12 AM
damn i am sleepy.. 26 hours later i sit here

AnthonyF
06-26-2007, 11:06 AM
dont give me that shit. i live fairly close to you and go thru hoschton from time to time for work, and unless it rains, there is very little fog period. i'd understand if you lived in london (damn fog breathers). not trying to dis your car thu, i think it looks good :goodjob:

no! u don't gimme shit! :D i'll admit...white foglights just SUCK!

Gutling
06-26-2007, 11:17 AM
my old car, rksports cat-back, front lip. eibach springs, and 17x7 wheels.

AnTi-PooN
06-26-2007, 11:27 AM
jdm pontiac i see those all the time... lol

allmotoronly
06-26-2007, 11:33 AM
sunfire=waste of time and money. It wont be jdm, it will be nothing but rice. no different than all the other sunfires and caviliers that wide around with shitty sounding fart can exhaust. They just dont have the sound of a true japanese 4 cyl.

Gutling
06-26-2007, 12:03 PM
lol sound of true japanese 4 cyl? you do know thats what started the whole fart can bumble bee trend :P
It wont ever be jdm, but its no more a waste of money than selling it to buy a honda, because lord knows theres not millions of them with shitty sounding fart can exhaust, or rice.
If you like the car, there are a couple of good places to check out, Rksports.com, j-body.org, search around.

§treet_§peed
06-26-2007, 07:12 PM
how about if you wanna be JDM.. you go to Japan.. buy a real JAP car then Bring it back over here on a boat..:goodjob: lol :D

AnthonyF
06-26-2007, 07:17 PM
^^ or on his way to japan...jump out of the plane and kill yourself for asking so a dumbass question

OTG Signs
06-26-2007, 07:43 PM
I wanted to do a rotary swap and a single kicked can on my car, 'til I realized rotaries are unreliable as shit.

§treet_§peed
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
^^ or on his way to japan...jump out of the plane and kill yourself for asking so a dumbass question or that would work as well

allmotoronly
06-26-2007, 11:00 PM
lol sound of true japanese 4 cyl? you do know thats what started the whole fart can bumble bee trend :P
It wont ever be jdm, but its no more a waste of money than selling it to buy a honda, because lord knows theres not millions of them with shitty sounding fart can exhaust, or rice.
If you like the car, there are a couple of good places to check out, Rksports.com, j-body.org, search around.

no excuse you can make will make a sunfire any cooler. Theres millions of hondas out there for a reason. and FYI, the fart can bumble bee exhaust was not started by the japanese, it was startd by beaners here in the us who are too cheap to put a real exhaust system on their car, so they cut the exhaust out and run some flex pipe out the back with a huge tip.... A real JDM exhaust is not going to sound like a fart can. The last three systems I have had (RSR exmag, mugen twin loop, A'PEXi WS2) were deep sounding, not raspy and buzzy like the ricers you see here with their caviliers that are sooo "jdm".

allmotoronly
06-26-2007, 11:04 PM
lets take a vote... what would you rather have, this

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/10668-2001-Acura-Integra.jpg

or this

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/-elmo-/Rice.jpg

allmotoronly
06-26-2007, 11:07 PM
or this

http://www.pilesgm.com/Carshow/CAR%20SHOW%20IMAGES/2003%20cars/DONNIE%20HANCOCK%201998%20CHEVY%20CAVALIER%20Z24.j pg

F1ian(si)
06-26-2007, 11:58 PM
sounds like a dumbshit idea to me

Nissangeek
06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
that's pretty stupid to say... how could my USDM civic ever be JDM then?

no car made in america can be "JDM"..

Cars made in the States are not JDM. You can make them look JDM which, I guess, would be JDM style, but if the car is American it isn't from the Japanese Domestic Market.

Japanese- A native or inhabitant of Japan.
b. A person of Japanese ancestry.
2. The language of the Japanese, possibly related to the Altaic family, written in kana and Chinese characters.

Domestic- Of or relating to a country's internal affairs
A product or substance discovered in, developed in, or exported from a particular country

Market-A place where goods are offered for sale

So as you can see, saying something is JDM means that it is from *gasps* JAPAN!! You may have JDM parts and your car may look like a JDM car; it may even be RHD, but unless it was built in Japan to be sold in Japan it is not JDM. It is just an American car built in America, albiet by a Japanese company, to be sold in the states. It just has JDM parts on it.

boostedb16
06-27-2007, 08:22 PM
just leave it oem because most of the honda owners that say "jdm" really mean they have oem tyte car.lol

sagarchahal
06-28-2007, 12:06 AM
uhhh nooo get a honda

Bballjamal
06-28-2007, 12:19 AM
lol, it's easy to have a clean cavy...

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/2359/cav4fn9.jpg

I've seen some clean sunfires, but not many!

Either way, it's time to upgrade....

takume
06-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Man, a sunfire can never be a civic or integra or whatever related to JDM.
It just impossible to ask a man to ack like a woman unless he is... (haha~~ you know what I mean). Later.

Humphrizzle
06-28-2007, 07:34 AM
you dont make sense.