PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Anyone ever painted GSR blades?????

KREEP
06-22-2007, 12:21 AM
I want a set of black wheels and am getting tired of looking so I think I might paint mine black! Has anyone ever done this and does anyone think this might look good or bad?:crazy: Let me know something I wanna hear some feedback.

changaroo
06-22-2007, 01:10 AM
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wMTE3NjA4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
:)
http://www.reaction-image.net/albums/Paint-Rims/ryan_car_4.sized.jpg

KREEP
06-22-2007, 01:34 AM
what about black on black. I want to paint the wheels in my sig.
What do yall think about that? Or should I go a gunmetal grey?

Humphrizzle
06-22-2007, 04:09 AM
the gunmetal kinda makes them look like USDM ITR's

kinda cool style.

i like it.

GSRtegŪ
06-22-2007, 07:45 AM
I have bronze blades on mine!

Nissangeek
06-22-2007, 08:03 AM
Do you just hit them with the rattle can or is there a special paint to use?

Nissangeek
06-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know how to strip off clear coat?

william_jeff
06-22-2007, 08:08 AM
please don't do that. how about you trade me my fat fives for your blades and paint the fives black. i hate seeing blades painted.

gtikid
06-22-2007, 09:39 AM
I want a set of black wheels and am getting tired of looking so I think I might paint mine black! Has anyone ever done this and does anyone think this might look good or bad?:crazy: Let me know something I wanna hear some feedback.

This has been done many many many many many many times. Personally, i've never been a fan of blades. I say you sell them b/c you can still get decent money from them and buy some wheels :goodjob:

However, the gunmetal blades do look good on that white Integra

gtikid
06-22-2007, 09:40 AM
Does anyone know how to strip off clear coat?

You can use either paint stripper (most people prefer aircraft stripper, i've never had any luck with it), or just sand the whole thing, that's how I normally do mine. Sand, smooth, primer, paint :goodjob: O and any kind of paint will work man, doesn't matter if it's wheel paint or not, anything will work, just find the color you want

Nissangeek
06-22-2007, 02:35 PM
You can use either paint stripper (most people prefer aircraft stripper, i've never had any luck with it), or just sand the whole thing, that's how I normally do mine. Sand, smooth, primer, paint :goodjob: O and any kind of paint will work man, doesn't matter if it's wheel paint or not, anything will work, just find the color you want

Awesome. Thanx. I want to strip the clear coat off my fat fives cause its making them look grungy since its so old. What if I just want to strip them and then polish them? will that sanding make them look shitty and scratched up?

william_jeff
06-22-2007, 02:38 PM
go to TI.net and hondatech they have writeups on polishing fat fives and blades

Papa_Smurf
06-22-2007, 11:07 PM
I personally like you polished blades.

Looks sick IMO

gtikid
06-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Awesome. Thanx. I want to strip the clear coat off my fat fives cause its making them look grungy since its so old. What if I just want to strip them and then polish them? will that sanding make them look shitty and scratched up?

Polishing is a long process. No sanding will not make them look scratched up. It's a long process though and you gotta be really patient and have lots of different grit :goodjob:

sk8er602
06-23-2007, 08:46 PM
I painted the blades on my hatch, it is something i regret every day. I thought it was a good idea(The paint job is very smooth and done right). I should have sold them and got something else, now they are just even more bland and boring. But if you want painted blades go for it, just don't do it with out some time to think about it.

You might be able to make some cash out of it if you wanted. Sell yours (300ish), get some that are painted for less then you sold yours for (200ish), and then repaint. It should pay for the paint and leave you a little cash for some thing else.

KREEP
06-23-2007, 11:41 PM
What can I get out of these blades with new tires on them? I would really like to trade them out for a paint job on the teg + cash. My front bumper really looks like shit and the rest of the car isnt bad but could use some paint. Actually just the hood ,front fenders and the bumper needs paint! Oh well:no: :screwy: :blah:

cactusEG
06-24-2007, 05:40 PM

GSRteg has his painted

GSRtegŪ
06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Here is what CactusEG is talking about. ^^^^

GSRteg has his painted

Humphrizzle
06-25-2007, 04:59 AM
i dont think wheels would be a fair trade for a paintjob.

gold wheels are ugly

i hate OEM wheels

garearijagija;igjaeima

KREEP
06-25-2007, 11:30 AM
i dont think wheels would be a fair trade for a paintjob.

gold wheels are ugly

i hate OEM wheels

garearijagija;igjaeima
If you read what I wrote it says that I will trade them for a paintjob plus me giving cash towards the paintjob!

GSRtegŪ
06-25-2007, 12:06 PM
You want to trade Blades.... BTW the guy I bought them from had this on his teg and they looked good ( it was also black). :rolleyes:

If you read what I wrote it says that I will trade them for a paintjob plus me giving cash towards the paintjob!

turb0teg
06-25-2007, 01:47 PM
I like polished blades on eg hatches. its pimpdizzle.

TheChosenOne
06-25-2007, 05:05 PM
Just sell um'!