PDA

View Full Version : Alternator REMOVAL HELP!!!! UGH!!!

blaknoize
06-21-2007, 07:23 AM
:welcome:

I have the magical CRX. Its a 91 Si. All stock. I have a bad alternator and I've removed it from the motor but I CANT GET IT OUT! How in the world do u remove the alternator from the engine bay? Someone send me a pm or e-mail at [email protected]. Cuz I'm really not trying to send it to a shop for such a simple job.

EmminoDaGreat
06-21-2007, 08:42 AM
Unbolt the brake master cylinder, slide it to the side and pull it out.

patrick4588
06-28-2007, 01:44 PM
i pulled my axle on gsr.

bigdare23
06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
LOL, take off your drive wheel and take it out near the axle.

thepolecat
06-28-2007, 01:58 PM
finagle (technical term) it through the bottom- It is possible because I did it as a mechanic.

AnclyT
06-28-2007, 02:14 PM
bring it to "Vuong's Garage" in gwinnett

EvasiveEF9
06-28-2007, 06:19 PM
Slide it to the passenger's side of the engine bay and pull it through the top. It's a bitch, but it works...well...then again, I had DPFI...

That, and my car isn't a magical EF...it's just a plain one...

i4_garage
07-03-2007, 10:09 AM
unbolts the fuel rail but not remove it completely, just put it to one side , angle the alternator and u can pull it up on the driver side between the shock tower and intake manifold. Took me about 20 minutes :) to do it on Kevin's car the second time.

KevinT707
07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
unbolts the fuel rail but not remove it completely, just put it to one side , angle the alternator and u can pull it up on the driver side between the shock tower and intake manifold. Took me about 20 minutes :) to do it on Kevin's car the second time.
True, I think this ^ is easier than unbolting the Brake Master Cylinder like Emmino said (cause then you have to bleed the brakes afterwards) but I have done it like this way before. I tried Li's way but after removing the fuel rail still couldn't get it out after 30 mins of wiggling, took off the Alt bracket & then it came out & just the right angle.

Slide it to the passenger's side of the engine bay and pull it through the top. It's a bitch, but it works...well...then again, I had DPFI...

That, and my car isn't a magical EF...it's just a plain one...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work on a B-Series/CRX.

EvasiveEF9
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
Yeah...thank god for the lift's at work. I was up under my car today at work...that thing'll be easy as shit to get out when I need to...now, anyways...LoL

Vuongy_Dong
07-03-2007, 06:41 PM
I've took'n care of it for him awhile back for him.