PDA

View Full Version : California crushes more street racing cars

Stormhammer
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

:bannana: :bannana:

Kyle
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Lol. Notice a trend in the cars getting smashed?

Lol at them spelling it "B-20 Vtech engine."

And finally lol at "Zavala, who admits he has been involved in street racing, estimates he and his mother spent about $10,000 on improvements to his car."

Maniaç
06-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Nice thread. I enjoyed it.. sucks what happened to their cars though.

TIGERJC
06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
poor rx7

Jecht
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM
poor rx7

No RX-7 in that group, the pic was all Hondas. :thinking:

Da_unknown
06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
that sucks

thepolecat
06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
yeah I though the top was an RX7 at first too. the blue one looked kinda nice- I wish I had gotten the parts off first. damn- but they got what they deserved

HeLLo iM iZzY
06-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I just hope that wasn't a Type R at the top.

Kyle
06-20-2007, 11:23 PM
I just hope that wasn't a Type R at the top.
Yeah seeing special edition cars destroyed, riced out, etc. is never good.

OneSlow5pt0
06-20-2007, 11:35 PM
lol,i thought the top was a BMW from the back.......o,well thier more honda ricers out there

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
lolz :smileowne

"That's my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can't crush my memories."

:lmfao:

The Yousef
06-21-2007, 12:13 AM
ha ha hahahahahahahah...

TIGERJC
06-21-2007, 12:18 AM
No RX-7 in that group, the pic was all Hondas. :thinking:
that looks like a miata or rx7 at the top

Kyle
06-21-2007, 12:20 AM
The acura emblem on the upper left corner of the car says otherwise.

tCz-R-Slo
06-21-2007, 12:22 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/cowmaster15/CrushedHondasSIg.jpg..

nreggie454
06-21-2007, 12:23 AM

The black car with the Acura emblem?

EDIT: I'm too slow.

TIGERJC
06-21-2007, 12:25 AM
ok, atleast it was hondas that got crushed. I would hate to see a hard to come by car get crushed.

The middle emblem in the pic almost looks like that old gay mazda emblem

The Yousef
06-21-2007, 12:28 AM
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/cowmaster15/CrushedHondasSIg.jpg..

hahahahhaah...+10

YoungGun
06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
If you read the article its not just street racing. They all had parts without id stickers or with altered numbers or something. Some of that could be beauracratic bullshit but who knows. Glad we don't have anything like that going on here.

Slow Motion
06-21-2007, 12:57 AM
Aww...hell nah. WTF Can the police crush your car like that. Impound it yes. But to crush you private property. WTF gives.

They better not start that here. I can do the taking my drivers license and pay the fine to get it back and the time. But to crush my car.

Z32redondo
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Damn that sucks. If someone crushed my car. I would be pissed.

coolcat
06-21-2007, 03:10 AM
If someone crushed my car. I would be pissed.

lol, Ya think?

God
06-21-2007, 03:52 AM
i have no prob with crushing cars w/ stolen parts

granted if they did that here, half of the imports in gwinnett and dekalb wouldnt be on the road anymore

Jecht
06-21-2007, 08:02 AM
Aww...hell nah. WTF Can the police crush your car like that. Impound it yes. But to crush you private property. WTF gives.

They better not start that here. I can do the taking my drivers license and pay the fine to get it back and the time. But to crush my car.

I believe that they can't crush your car here in Georgia, but they can do it in Cali.

koukis14
06-21-2007, 08:14 AM
I wonder how many of the kids that have their cars crushed are Mexican?

GSRteg®
06-21-2007, 09:11 AM
This is so gay what he said. He means street race....

"It will never go away," Maldonado said. "If it's in your heart, you will continue to do it until you can't anymore."

BlkCD5
06-21-2007, 09:32 AM
:thinking: sometimes its the cop's say that if you were street racing or not. I"m sure there have been cases where cops wrongfully accused people of racing. They could easily do that and have the car crushed out of spite.

SPOOLIN
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
they shouldnt be allowed to that without paying you for it first, thats like theft.

GSRteg®
06-21-2007, 09:34 AM
True that!

:thinking: sometimes its the cop's say that if you were street racing or not. I"m sure there have been cases where cops wrongfully accused people of racing. They could easily do that and have the car crushed out of spite.

Kyle
06-21-2007, 10:17 AM
Damn that sucks. If someone crushed my car. I would be pissed.
I'd be ecstatic. :thinking:

Doppelgänger
06-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Another reason California needs to fall off into the fucking Ocean. Crushing cars isnt going to stop them. If anything, it would be all the more reason to run from the cops.

Shit, they dont even care/realize they can make a lof of money off those cars if they were to auction them off or part them out. I dont think it would help the stolen parts/cars situation better. People are just going to buy stuff to replace what is now lost and if they stole a car... they will steal another. If they bought stolen parts, the'll just buy more again.

Craigers2k
06-21-2007, 11:08 AM
lolz :smileowne

"That's my girlfriend, the love of my life. The cops can crush my car, but they can't crush my memories."

:lmfao:

:werd: :lmfao:

GSRteg®
06-21-2007, 11:09 AM
True!

Another reason California needs to fall off into the fucking Ocean. Crushing cars isnt going to stop them. If anything, it would be all the more reason to run from the cops.

Shit, they dont even care/realize they can make a lof of money off those cars if they were to auction them off or part them out. I dont think it would help the stolen parts/cars situation better. People are just going to buy stuff to replace what is now lost and if they stole a car... they will steal another. If they bought stolen parts, the'll just buy more again.

Ran
06-21-2007, 11:18 AM

Shit, they dont even care/realize they can make a lof of money off those cars if they were to auction them off or part them out. I dont think it would help the stolen parts/cars situation better. People are just going to buy stuff to replace what is now lost and if they stole a car... they will steal another. If they bought stolen parts, the'll just buy more again.QFT

B18c1Turboed
06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
When i got married to my wife 6 years ago, she was from Cali and we considered living out there, this is the reason we dont!!
I wasnt going to be able to bring my car, if i got stopped they would give me a REF ticket and that is like 500.So i couldnt see moving out there and getting rid of my pride and joy.just becasue of their laws

YOu guys dont rememebr on MTV IM A STREET RACER!! hahahahha, that was filmied in Cali, they are mean out there!!!

BlkCD5
06-21-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by DropTopDrifter

Well, they don't see it from that perspective. Auctioning and parting the cars will fill their pockets, yes, but it will still not solve illegal street racing. It would just be recycling the problem. They bitch about it and go through extreme measures. All they have to do is provide spots for them! I wonder whats next? They find drugs in a person's house, they demolish it?!?!

Doppelgänger
06-22-2007, 07:47 AM
That should compare 'street racing deaths' to 'deaths caused by SUV's'.... They are wasting time on punishing them so much. Eventually 'street racers' are going to take evasive actions to keep cops away. Or next think you know they are going to go start taking out the crushing machines lol.

What they dont realize is that some people know that if they get caught, they're going to do anything they can to get out.... if they know they are going to loose their car... they'll start ramming police cars to get away.

Stormhammer
06-22-2007, 08:39 AM
if they know they are going to loose their car... they'll start ramming police cars to get away.

lol I would after trying to outrun them in my turbocharged wedge of DOOM -does little driving motions with RRRR pssht sounds-

I seriously wonder sometimes what'd it'd be like to be in a high speed pursuit ( just out of curiousity, nothing like OMG THATD BE SO FREKAIN AWESOME )

cactusEG
06-22-2007, 08:39 AM
repost

Glides
06-22-2007, 08:44 AM
And one wonders why Cali is considered the Car Capital of the US when it has the tightest restrictions in the world on doig anything to your car. I would rather live in the "Wild West" of car ownership, The South, where anything goes, half the places don't even require emissions and "Street Legal' all depends on if you get pulled over, and if you do, who pulls you over. One cops definition is radically different from anothers and most of them aren't out to shaft you in the ass and crush your car for a broken tail light.

Fuck California.

Ruiner
06-22-2007, 09:24 AM
I wonder if some of you people read... They weren't specifically crushed for street racing in a sense. They were crushed 'cause the cars were illegal and/or contained stolen parts.

Police need a court order to destroy the cars. They must prove that the serial or identification numbers on a vehicle or its parts are removed, altered or destroyed.

superboost
06-22-2007, 05:16 PM
if they can crush ricer cars like that, then they should also start crushing repeat DUI offender cars. DUI accidents endanger and kill far more people than street racing ever does or will. However, I doubt the senators will have the balls to push a measure like this forward because a number of them get DUIs themselves.

quickdodge®
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19339955/

:bannana: :bannana:

Too bad they don't leave the drivers in the cars when they crush them. Later, QD.