PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: TRACY "Hachi/Miata Pity Points"

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 03:09 PM
I never agree with the hachi/miata HP pitty points. It's the same way I felt in drag racing...you choose your platform so you can be competitive in your class. People in the pro street tire class used to always bitch about certain rules because the Supra's always won that class. IMO, if you know the Supras are faster, then don't choose a Honda for that class. The 240's don't get any pitty points against V8's because they have less torque. I also think that's why some of the girls drive hachis...for the HP pitty points. Besides the speed issue, the miatas get a lot less angle...they always look like they are driving damn near straight IMO. Andy runs with almost stock HP but no one ever believes it cuz he drives the shit out of the car.

What an ignorant, disrespectful, and nasty thing to say about your fellow drivers Tracy.

I usually like you, and think pretty highly of you, but you seem to think that people like you, and Dan should be competing with amateurs like myself, and others in events. Aside from that attitude, just generally pissing me, and a many other drivers too nice to say anything off, You're way fucking wrong, and this is why:

Now not to piss on your parade, but before you start shit talking Corollas and the people that drive them, do try to keep in mind that a) Not all of us own a shop, b) Not all of us are backed by a shop, or c) Not all of us can even afford to have a shop work on our cars.

Now firstly, You have a "race car". Don't mistake it for anything else. You load it up onto a trailer, and drive it to the event, take it off the trailer, and start competing. If something goes wrong, you have lots of people, tools, and parts at your disposal to help you diagnose, and fix it.

If the race car breaks down, you aren't stranded at the venue.

If something goes wrong, or doesn't run correctly, YOU HAVE YOUR SHOP to take the car back to, and mechanics to work on the car.

You're not sliding your daily driver, you're sliding a purpose built, BatlGround built drift car, (of which you have two, in case you forgot) against, largely a bunch of people who can hardly afford to modify their car, let alone build one exclusively for drift events. At the moment I can't even afford to put axles in my car, and will be forced to sell it, if I can't come up with the money needed to fix the thing, before the next quarter starts at my school.

"If you know the Supra is faster then don't choose a Honda for that class."

The only thing wrong with this statement is the fact that there isn't a tiered system of any kind at our local events, and to put it metaphorically, "not everyone can afford a Supra". But since we don't have a class system, of any kind, that leaves people like you, taking on people like Jason, Huy, Sean, Harrison, and other privateers who struggle just to put tires on their car, and afford the entry fee.

"Hp pitty points" Yeah fucking right, have you ever tried to slide an AE86 Tracy? Have you ever actually completed an entire course in an AE86? Have you ever even driven one? Have you ever done anything but bad mouth the people who pay to come to the events you guys host, when they bitch about it not being "exactly" fair. I would give anything, anything to watch you, or even Dan try and slide a Corolla; or even better my piece of shit Corolla, with my standard "drift" set up around a course. If the heap didn't break first, I'd get to enjoy watching you try not to explode in a confounded fury, as the car did everything you didn't expect it to.

Not even the great Tony Schultz could do it right off the bat, and all know what an astoundingly gifted driver he is. In fact after trying the first few times, he compared it to "driving on ice", and said "I don't know how you do it..." before going to drive another car. Yet I've got video after video, of me in my run down piece of shit Corolla, that I paid way too much for, sliding entire courses, and hitting the correct clipping points at events. Do you know how many hours I spent in parking lots, rain soaked, and gravel roads hauling ass, so I could learn how to control my car? Hundreds. Do you know how many times local kids are nearly arrested for trying to practice before an event, so they can try keep up with the likes of you, and your shops drift car?

I used to compete with 135/70/13s on the rear on my Corolla, because that was the only thing I could AFFORD to slide on. Have you ever had to slide a car, sporting a set of rear tires with a 70 series sidewall? I very much doubt it.

It's easy to say people with Hachis just want "pity points" when you're sliding a purpose built, shop backed, no holds barred, fucking race car, and yet people like Jason, Huy, Mike, or Marty still manage to out place you at events. Do you know what would happen if you were to put a seasoned hachi driver behind the wheel of one of BatlGrounds drift cars? Chances are you'd see it being controlled in a way you didn't think possible. Many of us, myself included would give anything to see what we're capable of in a nicely set up, reasonably powerful car; but lets be real here, who wants to share their pride and joy, with someone driving a car costing many thousands less?

Do you understand the dynamic differences of drifting a car with a shorter wheel base, versus drifting a car with a longer wheel base? If you really did, I don't think I'd be posting this thread.

"Pity Points" maybe, or maybe the underdogs want you to acknowledge their talent, ability, and all the hours they spent practicing, when they're driving a car that doesn't even come close to being comparable to yours. Maybe while you're chilling in the glory of top 8 finish; the guy who had to work twenty times as hard as you to be there, and be competitive, in a lesser car, only to finish in a lower spot, would appreciate a little respect from the local drift queen.

Do you know what the difference is between you and a lot of the guys out there at these events? It's simple; You come to compete. We come to learn.

That simple difference alone, shows in our driving.

So before you go shit talking Corolla drivers again, and their desire for "pity points" maybe you should step down from your throne (purpose built race car), and try to drift one of the local kids AE86s. Try it for a few months, just to see if you can even come close to doing what they do. I promise it will make you a better driver, faster than you ever thought possible.

Sincerely
-Robbie

Bballjamal
06-20-2007, 03:11 PM
Damn, long ass rant!

xLSTONEx
06-20-2007, 03:12 PM
cliffnotes

Bballjamal
06-20-2007, 03:14 PM
cliffnotes

I think he said....

Stop hating on people because of what they drive?

Then I saw,

The difference between you and us, is that we come to learn, you come to compete! :goodjob:

O, and something about she has a shop to come to if she screws something up to where they have their home garages :D

Of course that was at a glance

Sol-Badguy
06-20-2007, 03:20 PM
:goodjob:

Ed
06-20-2007, 03:23 PM
i'd love to give you +100000 rep points but i can only afford 1 or 2... so here ya go...

best rant ever...

gijoe0720
06-20-2007, 03:25 PM
i'd love to give you +100000 rep points but i can only afford 1 or 2... so here ya go...

best rant ever...

agreed

Mk3Jesse
06-20-2007, 03:26 PM
werd, good rant.

ShooterMcGavin
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
working a thesis paper? this is a good start :goodjob: :D

Killer
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
dang.. that's one long rant....

Psycho
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I'm staying out of this one.

2.0civic
06-20-2007, 03:52 PM
damn

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm staying out of this one.

I wish I could, but that's shit that should have been said a while ago.

I'm sure she'll tear my head off when she reads it.

Psycho
06-20-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm sure she'll tear my head off when she reads it.
With her mouth:boobies:

Repost Squintz
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
*brings out lawnchair/popcorn/strongbow*

Mr_Mischif
06-20-2007, 03:58 PM
This is such a good thread, and it can only get better.

Bballjamal
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Fuck that! I grabbed some wings and a beer for this one!

Psycho
06-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Fuck I gotta shower and go to school :(

Some one call up Battlground and tell tracy to hurry up an post.

Mr_Mischif

You forgot the beers! *passes heineken*

Tracy
LOL. I hope you don't think I'm going to read all of that.

I'm never allowed to have an opinion. I'm used to it...and I don't feel the need to defend myself anymore the way I used to. My opinion is my opinion. Yours is yours.

Psycho
06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
He said that you're not as good a driver as you think you are, and that he heard your nipples are cork-screw shaped like a wine bottle opener.

Repost Squintz
06-20-2007, 04:03 PM
You forgot the beers! *passes heineken*
lol strongbow is beer :cheers:

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:04 PM
He said that you're not as good a driver as you think you are, and that he heard your nipples are cork-screw shaped like a wine bottle opener.

Thanks for the cliffs :)

telum01

*phew* i'm not the only one that didn't read it. i don't feel so bad for reading the first sentence of the quote and giving up.

Ed

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: i think i just repped you so i dont think i can rep you again... but i got you later lol

Mr_Mischif
06-20-2007, 04:05 PM
lol strongbow is beer :cheers:

oh shit, I was wonderin why you brought a bow!

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Strongbow is cider actually.

Repost Squintz
oh shit, I was wonderin why you brought a bow!
correction it's a cider.
damn it; she beat me too it.

Psycho
*phew* i'm not the only one that didn't read it. i don't feel so bad for reading the first sentence of the quote and giving up.
Reading is hard.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:08 PM
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (11 members and 0 guests)
tracy, confusedkorean, YSLBTT, Psycho, Mr_Mischif, joecoolfreak, estis fatuus, Xpsi, shagwAg3n, RobbieDB, Leadfoot_mf

BTW, might as well put this in here since everyone is looking. For my "fellow drifters" that I am so disrespectful to, please read below:

http://www.driftfury.com/images/df_banner.gif
www.driftfury.com

http://www.driftfury.com/images/driftfury_banner.jpg
www.myspace.com/maximumangle

July 22nd

You read right! Drift fury is offering up a free drift event to the first 40 drivers who show up and take us up on it at Watermelon Capital Speedway in Cordele, GA www.watermeloncapitalspeedway.com Thanks to Santa Willie! He is taking his payouts from NOPI Drift in Miami and paying your way in to drift!

There won't be any pre-registration for this event. It's first come first serve. If you come and don't get in, then I guess you are a spectator :) Which is also free BTW. If you don't like it...to bad..it's free :D

http://www.driftfury.com/img/company/nopi_drift.gif
www.nopidrift.com

-There will be no competition/payouts at this event although we will still have NOPI Licensing.
-We start registering cars at 6:30am, so be there or be square.
-It will be a single run only event (NO TANDEM and NO BANK PRACTICE)
We will drive from 8:30am until 7pm with a lunch break in between.
-Your car must pass our tech requirements, duh.

You can find out everything you need to know at www.driftfury.com

DISCLAIMER:
Drift Fury may revise event details, rules, schedule, and/or any other related information at any time with or without notice at any time by updating the www.driftfury.com (http://www.driftfury.com) website. We cannot possibly review all sites linked to or from our site. If you have any questions that you do not feel are addressed on our website please contact [email protected]

If you have any other questions, please e-mail me [email protected]

MERRY CHRISTMAS! SANTA CAME EARLY THIS YEAR!

http://www.batlground.com/images/maxxis_banner.gif

Psycho
06-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Were you really born in 77, tracy?

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM

I'm never allowed to have an opinion. I'm used to it...and I don't feel the need to defend myself anymore the way I used to. My opinion is my opinion. Yours is yours.

... Are you kidding. You opinion is typically the one held in such high regard. A nobody like me takes the time to do all that bitching, and I can't even get a real response, or debate out of you? What a cop out...

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Were you really born in 77, tracy?

yes sir 2/15/77

Psycho
06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't believe that.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM
... Are you kidding. You opinion is typically the one held in such high regard. A nobody like me takes the time to do all that bitching, and I can't even get a real response, or debate out of you? What a cop out...

Well if that's the case (my opinion being held in such high regard) I never knew it. I just speak my mind and sometimes people like it, most of the time they don't from what I know to be true.

Read around if you want. I've been trying to clean up my act. I'm not feeling the arguments anymore. I just want to have fun.

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 04:13 PM

Yea, no shit. God who would join a forum, and want to read?

Tracy
06-20-2007, 04:14 PM
I don't believe that.

Why cuz I am so fine:D??? or because I am so immature:D???

Ed
06-20-2007, 04:24 PM
bump...

i cant believe this thread is done already.

Killer
06-20-2007, 04:26 PM
correction it's a cider.
damn it; she beat me too it.

go on? what is this cider/beer you speak of?

Killer
06-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Well if that's the case (my opinion being held in such high regard) I never knew it. I just speak my mind and sometimes people like it, most of the time they don't from what I know to be true.

Read around if you want. I've been trying to clean up my act. I'm not feeling the arguments anymore. I just want to have fun.

gah tracy ur such a bitch... lol

Kyle
06-20-2007, 04:28 PM

I have no problems with you tracy but... If someone spends their time to type something like this the least you can do is read it. If you don't want to get into it with him thats certainly understandable, but you can read it.

RandomGuy
06-20-2007, 04:29 PM
wait'll takumi finds out about this

Repost Squintz
i posted it earlier lol....Strongbow

Psycho
Why cuz I am so fine:D??? or because I am so immature:D???
You know, every time you lie, god kills an Ethiopian.

RandomGuy
06-20-2007, 04:31 PM
damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn one more lie and he's thru

Ed
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM

:lmfao:

Psycho
06-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Actually, that kid died long ago. I just took apart an RC car and put all the components in his corpse. He runs out of batteries really fast.

.gauge.
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Good thread, and it's a shame that the person you're trying to get to won't even read it.

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 04:52 PM
You're telling me...

What a let down.

bigpanda16
06-20-2007, 04:56 PM
free drift event though...
lawd have mercy on our souls
be nice to try out my "new" mk2
if i can find the time to prep it...unlikely

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 04:58 PM
What an ignorant, disrespectful, and nasty thing to say about your fellow drivers Tracy.

Get off you're fucking high horse it wasn't a disrespectful statement.

I usually like you, and think pretty highly of you, but you seem to think that people like you, and Dan should be competing with amateurs like myself, and others in events.

Why shouldn't they be...because they own a shop

Aside from that attitude, just generally pissing me, and a many other drivers too nice to say anything off, You're way fucking wrong, and this is why:

Oh great

Now not to piss on your parade, but before you start shit talking Corollas and the people that drive them, do try to keep in mind that a) Not all of us own a shop, b) Not all of us are backed by a shop, or c) Not all of us can even afford to have a shop work on our cars.

They own the fucking shop you fucking tool, that means they work on them. Fuck I hate this bullshit ass shop argument.

Now firstly, You have a "race car". Don't mistake it for anything else. You load it up onto a trailer, and drive it to the event, take it off the trailer, and start competing. If something goes wrong, you have lots of people, tools, and parts at your disposal to help you diagnose, and fix it.

If the race car breaks down, you aren't stranded at the venue.

If something goes wrong, or doesn't run correctly, YOU HAVE YOUR SHOP to take the car back to, and mechanics to work on the car.

When did she say it wasn't a fucking racecar, they have tools and a trailer because they fucking bought them. If you don't have the money to do the same get a better fucking job.

You're not sliding your daily driver, you're sliding a purpose built, BatlGround built drift car, (of which you have two, in case you forgot) against, largely a bunch of people who can hardly afford to modify their car, let alone build one exclusively for drift events.

They have two because they have two drivers. Those other people should also get other jobs.

At the moment I can't even afford to put axles in my car, and will be forced to sell it, if I can't come up with the money needed to fix the thing, before the next quarter starts at my school.

Get another Job its what Racers do, I'm about to be working two jobs so I can run the Koni Challege Series. Yeah life is hard

"If you know the Supra is faster then don't choose a Honda for that class."

The only thing wrong with this statement is the fact that there isn't a tiered system of any kind at our local events, and to put it metaphorically, "not everyone can afford a Supra". But since we don't have a class system, of any kind, that leaves people like you, taking on people like Jason, Huy, Sean, Harrison, and other privateers who struggle just to put tires on their car, and afford the entry fee.

JOB GET A JOB

"Hp pitty points" Yeah fucking right, have you ever tried to slide an AE86 Tracy? Have you ever actually completed an entire course in an AE86? Have you ever even driven one? Have you ever done anything but bad mouth the people who pay to come to the events you guys host, when they bitch about it not being "exactly" fair. I would give anything, anything to watch you, or even Dan try and slide a Corolla; or even better my piece of shit Corolla, with my standard "drift" set up around a course. If the heap didn't break first, I'd get to enjoy watching you try not to explode in a confounded fury, as the car did everything you didn't expect it to.

So because you bought a car that's short wheelbase and makes 4.7hp you want pitty points. I've driven damn near everything you can imagine on a road course and you can adapt to driving anything if you're a good driver....learn to drive.

Not even the great Tony Schultz could do it right off the bat, and all know what an astoundingly gifted driver he is. In fact after trying the first few times, he compared it to "driving on ice", and said "I don't know how you do it..." before going to drive another car. Yet I've got video after video, of me in my run down piece of shit Corolla, that I paid way too much for, sliding entire courses, and hitting the correct clipping points at events. Do you know how many hours I spent in parking lots, rain soaked, and gravel roads hauling ass, so I could learn how to control my car? Hundreds. Do you know how many times local kids are nearly arrested for trying to practice before an event, so they can try keep up with the likes of you, and your shops drift car?

First I don't have anything against Tony Schultz but you clowns act like hes gods gift to drifting and hes just not that damn good.

I used to compete with 135/70/13s on the rear on my Corolla, because that was the only thing I could AFFORD to slide on. Have you ever had to slide a car, sporting a set of rear tires with a 70 series sidewall? I very much doubt it.

I noticed you high lighted AFFORD....GET A FUCKING JOB

It's easy to say people with Hachis just want "pity points" when you're sliding a purpose built, shop backed, no holds barred, fucking race car, and yet people like Jason, Huy, Mike, or Marty still manage to out place you at events. Do you know what would happen if you were to put a seasoned hachi driver behind the wheel of one of BatlGrounds drift cars? Chances are you'd see it being controlled in a way you didn't think possible. Many of us, myself included would give anything to see what we're capable of in a nicely set up, reasonably powerful car; but lets be real here, who wants to share their pride and joy, with someone driving a car costing many thousands less?

You really think youre a badass, you really think you would be that much better in a nicer car...

Do you understand the dynamic differences of drifting a car with a shorter wheel base, versus drifting a car with a longer wheel base? If you really did, I don't think I'd be posting this thread.

Step 1 get the job....Step 2 buy long wheel base car....Step 3 Dominate D1

"Pity Points" maybe, or maybe the underdogs want you to acknowledge their talent, ability, and all the hours they spent practicing, when they're driving a car that doesn't even come close to being comparable to yours. Maybe while you're chilling in the glory of top 8 finish; the guy who had to work twenty times as hard as you to be there, and be competitive, in a lesser car, only to finish in a lower spot, would appreciate a little respect from the local drift queen.

That bitch ain't the queen. If you are really as good as you think you are and you really worked that hard, you wouldn't need anyone else to respect you're mad drifting skills

Do you know what the difference is between you and a lot of the guys out there at these events? It's simple; You come to compete. We come to learn.

That simple difference alone, shows in our driving.

So are you saying you're better than Tracy or not?

So before you go shit talking Corolla drivers again, and their desire for "pity points" maybe you should step down from your throne (purpose built race car), and try to drift one of the local kids AE86s. Try it for a few months, just to see if you can even come close to doing what they do. I promise it will make you a better driver, faster than you ever thought possible.

Sincerely
-Robbie

Yeah they have a racecar that they built at their shop. With their money, that they earned by working on cars. Lots of long hours working on cars. I know because I'm there a lot and I know how many nights Dan and Brandon have been at the shop till 5 am fixing the cars.

I really want to run Koni Challenge Series, the problem is its 5 to 7 thousand dollars per seat per race. I can't afford that so I'm working a second job to save up the cash. Lifes hard sometimes but don't bitch about you're short wheelbase low power car....do something about it...don't expect to get pitty points.

Yep I'm an asshole

Matt

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Matt you working at the Pink Pony now for extra dough? EL OH EL

Now firstly, You have a "race car". Don't mistake it for anything else. You load it up onto a trailer, and drive it to the event, take it off the trailer, and start competing. If something goes wrong, you have lots of people, tools, and parts at your disposal to help you diagnose, and fix it

all im gonna say to this thread is the past 3 nights we were ALL HERE till 1am working on the race cars. Its not as glorified as you think.

Dont take everything so personally, it was a OPINION, and whether you agree with it or not, dont take it as a personal attack.

I agree there is some one sidedness towards the 86 people, i saw that first hand at Formula Drift this year.

But regardless, they have worked hard for what they have.

On one hand you say "oh your the big bad shop with all this money to have pro race cars" then on the other hand you say "god what we wouldnt all give to have a prepped race car to drive"

so which is it? you can only have it one way.

Batlground had the "struggling days" just like any small business. They had cars they broke and had to drive home (EVO comes to mind). They had a race car (supra) that wasnt ever sponsored.

So after all the hard work, they get their due and have some nice drift cars an its a problem?

gimme a break.

rickgiblin
06-20-2007, 05:28 PM
ok, i know i dont have any car to be talking about but, if you cant afford it then why are you doing it? is there a gun to your head saying that you must drift this weekend or you will die. shit, if you cant afford the right stuff the either get another job (kroger and mcdonalds are always hiring) and save up your money and only drift once every 2 or 3 times comp's come around. or save up your money and buy one of those longwheelbase cars you talk about. honestly, i dont drift, i have a civic... yes a civic, and it looks like shit rite now cuse im saving up money to put it in shows... im not here bitching about how its not fair that jeff gise's car is in the same catagory as mine. i know he'll beat me every show. so basically, quit bitching and grow up. do what you can afford, or go take out a loan... then you will have the money that you wish you had. o dont forget to apply for bankruptsy(sp)

(sorry for all the mispelled words)

P.S.- THIS IS AMERICA, everyone is entitled to there freedom of speech and opinion

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 05:29 PM
You're a moron. Not because you didn't present a good argument, but because you seem to have missed the entire point of my rant.

Did I say myself, or anyone else wanted pitty points? Not once.

What I did say however, is that it's total bullshit to call the competitions we have here completely "fair" when their isn't any sort of class system.

This is a grassroots sport, not a professional competition. It's a little ridiculous to have people with full blown race cars, competing against amateurs with daily driven street cars. They've got a reputable shop, and race cars, why not stick to Formula D, and compete with the other people, and shops, with comparable vehicles, who are building drift specific cars?

Did I say Tony was gods gift to driving? No I didn't, dick. But I did use his name, for the sake of illustration, given the fact that most people locally are familiar with him.

As far as the Corolla's are concerned, I love the damn things. I don't want pitty points, I'm perfectly content going and spending my money, just for the peace of mind of knowing I'm not going to get arrested for sliding my car around. It's just a bit dumb to call such a thing a "competition" when street cars, have to compete against purpose built race cars.

Imagine how much closer the competition would be if the time was taken to organize, the cars into classes, based on power to weight ratio, and driver skill.

And so far as where talking about me, I couldn't careless about my "drifting skills". I've got to much other shit I need to take care of before concerning myself with that. Drifting is an expensive hobby, one that I as a full time student, can not afford. But to go around pretending the events around here are "fair" is total bullshit.

When people arrive at local events, most everyone can accurately guess who's going to be in the Top 8. It's just a matter of what order they're in.

rickgiblin
06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
You're a moron. Not because you didn't present a good argument, but because you seem to have missed the entire point of my rant.

What I did say however, is that it's total bullshit to call the competitions we have here completely "fair" when their isn't any sort of class system.

This is a grassroots sport, not a professional competition. It's a little ridiculous to have people with full blown race cars, competing against amateurs with daily driven street cars. They've got a reputable shop, and race cars, why not stick to Formula D, and compete with the other people, and shops, with comparable vehicles, who are building drift specific cars?

Did I say Tony was gods gift to driving? No I didn't, dick. But I did use his name, for the sake of illustration, given the fact that most people locally are familiar with him.

As far as the Corolla's are concerned, I love the damn things. I don't want pitty points, I'm perfectly content going and spending my money, just for the peace of mind of knowing I'm not going to get arrested for sliding my car around. It's just a bit dumb to call such a thing a "competition" when street cars, have to compete against purpose built race cars.

Imagine how much closer the competition would be if the time was taken to organize, the cars into classes, based on power to weight ratio, and driver skill.

And so far as where talking about me, I couldn't careless about my "drifting skills". I've got to much other shit I need to take care of before concerning myself with that. Drifting is an expensive hobby, one that I as a full time student, can not afford. But to go around pretending the events around here are "fair" is total bullshit.

When people arrive at local events, most everyone can accurately guess who's going to be in the Top 8. It's just a matter of what order they're in.

dude, plain and simple... if you think its not fair, then dont go and hold your own events. pay for the place, and all that other bs that they have to worry about and do it for you. the end

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 05:32 PM
Plus, standing out in the middle of the track shooting the events, isn't as fun as competing, but it gives me plenty of time to work on my photography.

2micro4u
06-20-2007, 05:36 PM
~Wow this is deep~
I think I will just go sit on the sidelines.......

B18c-rex
06-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Have no problem with BG or tracy for that matter . But i can agree that they should be in a pro class not novice / amateur imo .

2jz240sx
06-20-2007, 06:29 PM
you guys ever thing that the reason there is NOPI DRIFT , DRIFT FURY is because of BG?

2jz240sx
06-20-2007, 06:35 PM
i dont know much, but i do know that Drift Fury i think has the most scheduled events this year out of ANYONE, and Batlground puts it on.

so the very events you attend are put on by the big bad shop your thinking shouldnt even be there.

talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Also, look at any NDRA event, There is always amateurs going up against "pros". What happens if SPOOLIN (a local driver) or PETER HEU (ISP LOCAL DRIVER) run Tony1? Tony1 is prob the best driver right now in his class. so are you telling me that because he is THAT GOOD he should be put in a different class?

you should be thankfull that you CAN COMPETE agains PRO drivers. Imagine what will happen when some JOE SMITH places top 4 or 5 against PRO DRIVERS. imagine the possibilities.

to me that would make me work harder, not bitch an try to make it harder for my "car" to get noticed

drifting is no longer a parking lot sport, its here, its big, its growing. deal with it

B18c1Turboed
06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Also, look at any NDRA event, There is always amateurs going up against "pros". What happens if SPOOLIN (a local driver) or PETER HEU (ISP LOCAL DRIVER) run Tony1? Tony1 is prob the best driver right now in his class. so are you telling me that because he is THAT GOOD he should be put in a different class?

Just to clairy NO HES NOT!!! Brian Ballard is, Brian races all events and wins them, altough his is a full out race car,but i guess so is peters and spoolins!

And the class they race is not a PRO class its a Sportsman class!!!

P.S NOT TRYING TO START SHIT!!!

04CoorsCan
06-20-2007, 06:50 PM
i dont know much, but i do know that Drift Fury i think has the most scheduled events this year out of ANYONE, and Batlground puts it on.

so the very events you attend are put on by the big bad shop your thinking shouldnt even be there.

talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

you should be thankfull that you CAN COMPETE agains PRO drivers. Imagine what will happen when some JOE SMITH places top 4 or 5 against PRO DRIVERS. imagine the possibilities.

to me that would make me work harder, not bitch an try to make it harder for my "car" to get noticed

drifting is no longer a parking lot sport, its here, its big, its growing. deal with it

I don't see John Force Bracket Racing @ Commerce.....

I don'e see Dale Jr. Racing @ Lanier.....

They have their own class......

I think the guy has somewhat of a valid point...but no reason to tear him a new hole just because he has an opinion...and I believe Tracy handled it the best by just letting him vent, letting it blow over, and NOT making more of a scene out of it.

EmminoDaGreat
06-20-2007, 07:04 PM
all im gonna say to this thread is the past 3 nights we were ALL HERE till 1am working on the race cars. Its not as glorified as you think.

Moral support counts as work at BG too EL OH EL :D

I still love ya tho. PS im guessing you are posting under 2jdave name 2.

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 07:18 PM
Moral support counts as work at BG too EL OH EL :D

I still love ya tho. PS im guessing you are posting under 2jdave name 2.
bleeding brakes, swapping rims, packing the trailer, unloading merchandise, strapping cars down, an other remedial tasks.

whatever saves dan an brandon time so they can do the big stuff helps out :)

you know, the same kind of stuff i used to do at other places ;)

I kinda agree with 2JDave, but i also see what your talking about in terms of PRO vs AMATEUR.

Does it make it hard to WIN competitions, YES. DOes it make it easier for you to get noticed? YES

Imagine if a highschool player could compete against NBA teams during his school year? Does he get more exposure that he plays against THE BEST than if he had to go other routes to get noticed?

it goes both ways.

Also, stop acting like drifting is a veteran sport. Its NEW in the united states. Look how fast it has grown in 1 year. last year drift fury was only local. now its like 11 or 13 events NATIONWIDE. Now you have NOPI DRIFT to get into.

I mean, even if you dont PLACE at Drift Fury you can still get a license to compete in NOPI DRIFT.

Look at Drift411 an other places that hold competitions.

I mean the sport is growing fast, and i think it will take some time to even out. NDRA/NHRA is CONSTANTLY changing an track racing has been around for what, 50 years? maybe more. same with Road racing.

Problem with drifting IMO from my limited knowledge is there is no MEDIUM drifters. there are parking lot drifters, then there are your PRO drifters.

there is no middle class, at least not a big one. you either SUCK, or your good. no in between.

Danny,
Would you consider Tony1 a PRO driver?
Would you consider Peter a PRO driver?
Would you consider SPOOLIN a PRO driver?

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 07:23 PM
I don't see John Force Bracket Racing @ Commerce.....

I don'e see Dale Jr. Racing @ Lanier.....

They have their own class......

I think the guy has somewhat of a valid point...but no reason to tear him a new hole just because he has an opinion...and I believe Tracy handled it the best by just letting him vent, letting it blow over, and NOT making more of a scene out of it.

No reason to tear him a new one, yeah the same reason there was no reason to make this thread....whats the fucking point anyway.

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 07:30 PM

There are always going to be people with more money than you...get used to it. There are guys running in my class that show up with 3 car stackers and a fucking pit crew. That doesn't mean they are better. It just means I have to work harder to beat them.

I'm running 25 hours of Thunderhill in December and you can bet youre bottom dollar that we will be the one of the most under funded teams there and Ill put money on the fact that we will finish top 5 overall.

You know that old saying its not about how you finish its how you play the game....thats bullshit....its about how you finish.

So quit youre bitching about youre little girl car and go slide or what the fuck ever it is you drifter dorks do.

DrivenMind
06-20-2007, 08:22 PM
There are always going to be people with more money than you...get used to it. There are guys running in my class that show up with 3 car stackers and a fucking pit crew. That doesn't mean they are better. It just means I have to work harder to beat them.

I'm running 25 hours of Thunderhill in December and you can bet youre bottom dollar that we will be the one of the most under funded teams there and Ill put money on the fact that we will finish top 5 overall.

You know that old saying its not about how you finish its how you play the game....thats bullshit....its about how you finish.

So quit youre bitching about youre little girl car and go slide or what the fuck ever it is you drifter dorks do.

Damn man, you got a lot of pent up hostility. I'm not saying that it's not a great that BG puts the events on. It is. The contribution they've made to the "drifting" community is enormous, but shouldn't that also should be a little more reason for them to host the events, instead of competing in the events they're hosting?

I mean it's a competition, meaning it's supposed to be "competitive". When they and a few others run, it's only really competitive for about 6 people or so, as they typically always make up the top 8. Does that make any sense?

I'm not saying I really give a shit, about it being fair, life is not fair. But I think it's a little dumb to host a "competition", when you know what the outcome is going to be. Feel me?

DRFTR
06-20-2007, 08:53 PM
everyone just needs to put up or shut up...i remember back in the day when BatlGround first came about and would come to the street races...i built all the cars that came out with me and everyone knew who we were...we were really fast and usually the prime target...then one nite at the old BatlGround shop came this black beast of a supra...came down made a pass...a few weekends later they came down with tracy's old 240 with a sr20 swap which was really rare at the time to race one cars i built...Tracy first called out the NOS Miata but the bottle was low and i knew what they pulled up with so she ran a black gst eclipse...walked are ass and they all talked shit...i talked shit back...at that moment i bought a gsx 2g and had my target set on them being batlground...i have no shop, work all by myself in my 3 car garage, built a beast of a gsx with the help of Magnus Motorsport in Canada...got into trouble with the car playing around at the street races, got locked up and had to sell the car and lost my ass for it...i had about 35K in it...a few years later...i was working for Dan and Tracy at BatlGround...i respect both of them alot...they started with nothing and built a shop around there supra...they started at the bottem like everyone else...Batlground Engineering gets nothing but total respect from me...i had my run in with them...but the point is...they are just that good...i worked my ass off to try to compete with them in the NDRA only to get in trouble for it...You chose your own battles...i chose to compete with the best...if you are not good enough to compete with them, then practice more...Dan and Tracy both use to hit the parking lots just like everyone else...just because they have a shop doesn't mean everything is free...they still have to work for everything they have or get...so what they have sponsors...anyone can get sponsors...thats all i have to say for now...but i am tired of everyone coming down on Tracy cause she says something...but i forgot that nobody on IA runs their mouth
-dave

DRFTR
06-20-2007, 08:55 PM
oh and one last thing estis fatuus...you decided to buy a corolla...not tracy...not dan...not Batlground...you did...you could have get a 240 like everyone else...but you wanted to be cool and have an AE86 i guess...nobody twisted your arm to drift your daily driver...nobody is telling you compete with them...and if you are try'n to compete with them with a budget where you can't even afford to keep up your car then you don't need to be competing and your a fool for doing so...use your head man...if you can barely afford the registration fee then what makes you think you can afford to drift or race period? save your money...built a car that is built to do what ever you want it to do...if you want a daily driver then built a daily driver...if you want a race car built a race car...if you want a drift car build a drift car...its that simple

and just a note to everyone...don't fuck with Big Baller on here...he'll getcha everytime...
-dave

04CoorsCan
06-20-2007, 08:59 PM
No reason to tear him a new one, yeah the same reason there was no reason to make this thread....whats the fucking point anyway.

He was voicing his opinion about how he didn't think higher class of cars should run with lower class of cars. What...all of a sudden you can't fucking read???

Im not backing the guy...Im just saying...why can't he voice his opinion...??? YOU obviously know how to voice yours in such a mighty way....guess you are right and everyone else is wrong.

And since you feel the need to do that to him...I feel I have the need to do that to you. So if you want to internet fight....fine. But he makes a valid point...

And Mr. Kidd said it best....there are alot of parking lot drifters and experienced drifters...but nothing in between, not much anyways..but it will come....that statement right there should end this thread.

So Big Baller....go to your 15 jobs to pay for yourself to go do all these races that you will be so proud to be at...and with all your hard practice, you will have beaten the "pro drivers"....lol....get a clue dude..

04CoorsCan
06-20-2007, 09:00 PM
and just a note to everyone...don't fuck with Big Baller on here...he'll getcha everytime...
-dave
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL:rolleyes:

04CoorsCan
06-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Oh...and that was my last post in this lovely thread....next time I post on IA...I'll remember "I can't mess with Big Baller...cuz he'll get me and he won't let me have an opinion that I back up with simple facts"..... RIIIITTTEEEEE

DRFTR
06-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh...and that was my last post in this lovely thread....next time I post on IA...I'll remember "I can't mess with Big Baller...cuz he'll get me and he won't let me have an opinion that I back up with simple facts"..... RIIIITTTEEEEE

haha...you need to forget that subaru and stay with the 67 mustang...
-dave

Kyle
06-20-2007, 09:18 PM
oh and one last thing estis fatuus...you decided to buy a corolla...not tracy...not dan...not Batlground...you did...you could have get a 240 like everyone else...but you wanted to be cool and have an AE86 i guess...nobody twisted your arm to drift your daily driver...nobody is telling you compete with them...and if you are try'n to compete with them with a budget where you can't even afford to keep up your car then you don't need to be competing and your a fool for doing so...use your head man...if you can barely afford the registration fee then what makes you think you can afford to drift or race period? save your money...built a car that is built to do what ever you want it to do...if you want a daily driver then built a daily driver...if you want a race car built a race car...if you want a drift car build a drift car...its that simple

-dave
I think you are missing his point. He is not complaining about his situation. He is saying Tracy has no room to talk about fair and unfair. Her race car is in the same class as corolla's, etc.

It seems half the people in here are missing the point and attacking his post.

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Damn man, you got a lot of pent up hostility. I'm not saying that it's not a great that BG puts the events on. It is. The contribution they've made to the "drifting" community is enormous, but shouldn't that also should be a little more reason for them to host the events, instead of competing in the events they're hosting?

I mean it's a competition, meaning it's supposed to be "competitive". When they and a few others run, it's only really competitive for about 6 people or so, as they typically always make up the top 8. Does that make any sense?

I'm not saying I really give a shit, about it being fair, life is not fair. But I think it's a little dumb to host a "competition", when you know what the outcome is going to be. Feel me?

No pent up hostility at all, I'm not even into the drifting thing. I'm not sure what the point of youre post was, you did so much bitching about so much shit that I can't seem to narrow it down.

As far as the number of people that are competative, 6 to 8 is about right. On any given race weekend in a field of 30 or more about 5 or 6 guys are going to be competative. Thats just how things work.

BB6dohcvtec
06-20-2007, 09:37 PM
I think you are missing his point. He is not complaining about his situation. He is saying Tracy has no room to talk about fair and unfair. Her race car is in the same class as corolla's, etc.

It seems half the people in here are missing the point and attacking his post.

+1 i am not into drifting at all... but i always thought ya'll had some type of classes for that kind of stuff. so are ya'll telling me that every car full race or daily driver are in the same class???? that pretty ridiculous for a person who wants to start watching and learning about. I mean for hardcore fans they don't care they love it, but for the people who arent so big on it and want to try to get into it, it will get pretty damn boring watching a full race car blow the doors off the daily drivers every event. I mean i am pretty sure the sport of drifting is cool but without classes it seems pretty bland.

BB6dohcvtec
06-20-2007, 09:38 PM
No pent up hostility at all, I'm not even into the drifting thing. I'm not sure what the point of youre post was, you did so much bitching about so much shit that I can't seem to narrow it down.

As far as the number of people that are competative, 6 to 8 is about right. On any given race weekend in a field of 30 or more about 5 or 6 guys are going to be competative. Thats just how things work.

and if those 5 to 6 guys win every event how do they expect the sport to grow??

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 09:40 PM
He was voicing his opinion about how he didn't think higher class of cars should run with lower class of cars. What...all of a sudden you can't fucking read???

Im not backing the guy...Im just saying...why can't he voice his opinion...??? YOU obviously know how to voice yours in such a mighty way....guess you are right and everyone else is wrong.

And since you feel the need to do that to him...I feel I have the need to do that to you. So if you want to internet fight....fine. But he makes a valid point...

And Mr. Kidd said it best....there are alot of parking lot drifters and experienced drifters...but nothing in between, not much anyways..but it will come....that statement right there should end this thread.

So Big Baller....go to your 15 jobs to pay for yourself to go do all these races that you will be so proud to be at...and with all your hard practice, you will have beaten the "pro drivers"....lol....get a clue dude..

Did you read the first fucking post you dumb mother fucker. He bitched about so much stuff I couldn't even remember it all. I never fucking said he couldn't have his own a opinion, I just happen to think he is wrong. Thats my fucking opinion and if you don't like it you can stick it up youre ass.

Keep trying to shine you little wannabe bitch...everybody thinks they are a badass. Everybody says they wanna go pro, the diffrence is I'm doing something about it. I probally won't be seeing youre name on Speedvision but you're damn sure gonna see mine.

PTFO
Matt

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 09:42 PM
and if those 5 to 6 guys win every event how do they expect the sport to grow??

The sport will grow in time, growth doesn't happen over night. Thats a lot of whats wrong with drifting now. The sport has grown so fast that it can't keep up with itself.

Matt

Tracy
06-20-2007, 09:46 PM
Kyle, I may have read his post if the first line of his thread wasn't full of name calling ;) I don't deserve to be disrespected like that and I'm not going to take it.

NOW...

We don't compete in the series we own. HELLO!??? You are misinformed. We own Drift Fury and compete in NOPI Drift, which we aren't employed by nor do we own. All of this race car/shop car crap is just plain stupid. We started out as peons just like everyone. We spent almost every dime we had last year trying to make it big. It paid off for us. If we didn't get sponsored this year...we were done. House gone, shop gone, cars gone. Don't get all high and mighty on me based on assumptions you have made up in your head :)

Calling me names and discounting our hard work is not a way to have a polite debate. I'm just not going to take it anymore. It's not worth it to me to dignify people's problems with us and what we do or how we got there. Do some homework or ask. Don't just run off at the mouth because you read some stuff on the internet.

BTW, I still haven't read the first post and I refuse unless someone wants to come at me correct. Until then...ta ta.

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 09:52 PM
Kyle, I may have read his post if the first line of his thread wasn't full of name calling ;) I don't deserve to be disrespected like that and I'm not going to take it.

NOW...

We don't compete in the series we own. HELLO!??? You are misinformed. We own Drift Fury and compete in NOPI Drift, which we aren't employed by nor do we own. All of this race car/shop car crap is just plain stupid. We started out as peons just like everyone. We spent almost every dime we had last year trying to make it big. It paid off for us. If we didn't get sponsored this year...we were done. House gone, shop gone, cars gone. Don't get all high and mighty on me based on assumptions you have made up in your head :)

Calling me names and discounting our hard work is not a way to have a polite debate. I'm just not going to take it anymore. It's not worth it to me to dignify people's problems with us and what we do or how we got there. Do some homework or ask. Don't just run off at the mouth because you read some stuff on the internet.

BTW, I still haven't read the first post and I refuse unless someone wants to come at me correct. Until then...ta ta.

Quoted for truth.

See you guys in Vegas....its gonna be crazy.

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 09:53 PM
so how would YOU FIX IT?

240sx only class?
AE86 only class?
350z only class?

the problem with drifting is its really about DRIVER SKILL. in drag racing its the most money usually that wins.

Look at Andy Sapp, he has a 180whp BMW, no tire sponsors, and everyone knows him. and he competes against PRO cars. If he can do it why cant others? because Andy drives the shit out of his car. Other people just arent as good.

In drifting EVERYONE makes 300-400whp, everone has similar setups. so where do you draw the line between PRO and AMATEUR? Guys that have sponsors an guys that dont?

so what type of sponsorship? what if megan gives you free coilovers? is that the same as someone with BF GoodRich in their backpocket giving them 1000 tires a year and unlimited budget to build their car?

I get what you are saying, but someone made a great point. These competitions are for practice, they are for fun, sure you can win, but against NICER CARS (meaning better setup) then yes your odds are smaller.

You cant expect to compete with a 240sx with a welded diff and a 220whp SR. its not gonna happen. But you can try, get better, do more mods, keep trying, do more mods, etc.

Life is hard, its not fair sometimes, and especially in racing, there is ALWAYS SOMEONE BETTER THAN YOU. So you can either try to segregate yourself from everyone else so you can get a cool little trophy (LAME) or you can step up and try to win, and realize that to be the best it costs time, money, effort, blood, swear, and tears.

if you arent prepared for that sacrifice, then racing isnt for you.

Anyone making assumptions about how easy BG has it has no idea what it takes. I have learned alot in the last month about just how hard it REALLY is.

Kyle
06-20-2007, 09:56 PM
I agree that it was probably not the most effective way for him to start his rant, but it wasn't calling you names it was simply saying that what you said was ignorant, disrespectful, etc.

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:00 PM

GOD DAMN RIGHT

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:01 PM
I agree that it was probably not the most effective way for him to start his rant, but it wasn't calling you names it was simply saying that what you said was ignorant, disrespectful, etc.
she said that miatas an haichis get pity points.

OPINION

how is that disrespectfull to him?

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
Fucking gay ass drifting. I just think its fun to argue.

B18c-rex
06-20-2007, 10:04 PM
So basically the shop run teams are saying that you need to quit drifting if you cant " pay to play " . Wow ... what great mentors to this sport / hobby they are .

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
So basically the shop run teams are saying that you need to quit drifting if you cant " pay to play " . Wow ... what great mentors to this sport / hobby they are .

Oh shut the fuck up... where exactly did the "shop team" say that.

However the reality of motorsports is just that.

Get used to it.

Kyle
06-20-2007, 10:07 PM
she said that miatas an haichis get pity points.

OPINION

how is that disrespectfull to him?
Agreed.

Agreed.

Just wondering why are you asking me questions? I am on no ones side. Ask estis fatuus to support his statements not me.

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:14 PM

you obviously cant read.

what they are saying is:

Thanks for coming, keep trying, keep supporting, keep modding, one day you will get to where we are.

But it seems the people that are funding all these events are now being told that its NOT FAIR they have a nicer car then JOE SCHMOE

Its not their god damn job to fucking mentor.

you lazy ass motherfuckers want everything GIVEN to you, like its some god given right.

You think maxxis just called BG or Forseberg out of the blue an said "hey, we saw you in the phone book, run our tires"?

you think Falken just randomly picks people from the internet to run their products?

ITS CALLED HARD WORK, PERSEVERENCE, TIME, YES IT INCLUDES MONEY, BLOOD , SWEAT, TEARS, LATE NIGHTS, NEGLECTING FAMILY, BRINGING YOURSELF TO THE BRINK OF FINANCIAL RUIN, ETC.

all you do is sit their at your fucking computer , read something on a thread somewhere an take it as gospel.

If you want to bitch about COMPETInG AGAINST BETTER CARS, BUT YOU ARENT WILLING TO PUT MONEY IN YOUR OWN RIDE TO BETTER YOURSELF OR YOUR CAR, THEN STOP BITCHING.

I guess in your guys world, everyone is a winner, and everyone is special. Get a clue.

When you are on top, everyone hates. THey have to, jealousy is a powerfull thing.

Well, this weekend when i go play basketball, im gonna tell the other guys on the court that if they are better than men, they need to go to a different class or section of the court so i can be my own winner.

FUCKING LAME ASS KIDS

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:18 PM
GOD DAMN RIGHT
HELL FUCKIN YEAH, GOD DAMN IT

What are we talking about?

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
Dang mike got pissed...laid it out for em..

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER

Maniaç
06-20-2007, 10:20 PM
lol, reps!

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 10:24 PM
Latest Reputation Received
Thread Date Posted By Comment
ATTN: TRACY "Hachi... 06-20-2007 11:10 PM B18c-rex

LOL HE NEGATIVE REPED ME........LIKE I GIVE A FUCK......LLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLL

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Dang mike got pissed...laid it out for em..

POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER
do NOT MAKE ME GET GANGSTA UP IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:28 PM
This thread is ghey and so is Alex's hair.

B18c-rex
06-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Well i was more than happy to help them and volunteer 'd at there events . So go attack someone else . All i am saying is at least have respect for the people who do not have it as well as some others in regards to competition.

Maniaç
06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
This thread is ghey and so is Alex's hair.lol, yes it is.. and yes this thread is very gay, but funny!

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
I hate Battlground for no reason at all, just as much as the rest of you all do. But it's funny how some people think that they shouldn't be competing in an even that they sponsor or host.

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:37 PM
Well i was more than happy to help them and volunteer 'd at there events . So go attack someone else . All i am saying is at least have respect for the people who do not have it as well as some others in regards to competition.
WHEN THE FUCK DID THEY DISRESPECT ANYONE? SHE SAID SOME CARS ARE GIVEN PITY POINTS. I AGREE WITH IT, I WAS AT FORMULA D, AND I WAS WORKING FOR MAINSTREAM AT THE TIME. IT WAS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS THAT THE 86 CARS WERE GIVEN PREFERENTIAL TREATMENT.

HOW DONT THEY RESPECT THE AVERAGE DRIFTER?

THEY PUT ON THE FUCKING EVENTS THAT THESE GUYS GO TO, THAT YOU VOLUNTEER AT?

HERES A LIFE LESSON:
YOU GOTTA EARN RESPECT, ITS NOT JUST GIVEN OUT.

Glides
06-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Sorry Op. But you either come correct or you go home last.

See buddy, what is going on is the very essence of Drifting. Drifting is all about the fact that a Hachi CAN compete with other cars. It's all in how good of a driver you are.
Where is the fun in knowing that you will be put in a group with exactly the same skill as you are? How the hell do you learn that way? I would much rather be placed with someone who I don't think I can beat and have them make me up my game than running with someone the same as me.

I have a Hachi, i'm not afraid to take it against any car. Matter of fact, I was running DG events hitting the first turn in third gear in an S14 with an open diff and cut springs and holding right there with everyone else, not because my car was gangster but because I gave it all I had. You either do that and live with what you get or you bitch about it after the fact and blame everyone but yourself.

As for tailoring the events, how do you expect them to do that? Hell, Drift Fury events offer limited seat time as it is now. Besides, if you can't hang with the big boys it sounds to me like you need to be going to practice days and not competitions. GEt more seat time and maybe you can work wonders with your Hachi.

I so see your point, it's frustrating to go against a full race car in your street car that you drive to the event. But therein lies the difference in performance. They CAN go all out because they don't have to drive home. Unless you are willing to make that sacrifice, then drive light and be assured of making it home. But don't bitch about it and try to make it her fault that you can't go all out. She has nothing to do with that one.

In closing, either get your shit together and go all out or don't. But don't blame her.

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Well, this weekend when i go play basketball, im gonna tell the other guys on the court that if they are better than men, they need to go to a different class or section of the court so i can be my own winner.
Running around in circles with a helmet on doesn't count as playing basketball, Mike. :lmao::crazy::taun::D:cheers::bump::bannana:

Vteckidd
06-20-2007, 10:41 PM
Sorry Op. But you either come correct or you go home last.

See buddy, what is going on is the very essence of Drifting. Drifting is all about the fact that a Hachi CAN compete with other cars. It's all in how good of a driver you are.
Where is the fun in knowing that you will be put in a group with exactly the same skill as you are? How the hell do you learn that way? I would much rather be placed with someone who I don't think I can beat and have them make me up my game than running with someone the same as me.

I have a Hachi, i'm not afraid to take it against any car. Matter of fact, I was running DG events hitting the first turn in third gear in an S14 with an open diff and cut springs and holding right there with everyone else, not because my car was gangster but because I gave it all I had. You either do that and live with what you get or you bitch about it after the fact and blame everyone but yourself.

As for tailoring the events, how do you expect them to do that? Hell, Drift Fury events offer limited seat time as it is now. Besides, if you can't hang with the big boys it sounds to me like you need to be going to practice days and not competitions. GEt more seat time and maybe you can work wonders with your Hachi.

I so see your point, it's frustrating to go against a full race car in your street car that you drive to the event. But therein lies the difference in performance. They CAN go all out because they don't have to drive home. Unless you are willing to make that sacrifice, then drive light and be assured of making it home. But don't bitch about it and try to make it her fault that you can't go all out. She has nothing to do with that one.

In closing, either get your shit together and go all out or don't. But don't blame her.

FINALLY SOMEONE WITH A CLUE POSTS.

thanks and congrats to you for TRYING and giving it your all. Im sure it pays off.

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 10:42 PM
But it's funny how some people think that they shouldn't be competing in an even that they sponsor or host.

They don't compete at events that they sponsor or host....why is that so hard to grasp

Tracy
06-20-2007, 10:44 PM

If this is directed to me, please quote where I said that. Just because everyone is coming in here with their opinions doesn't mean you get to twist my words. If not then my apologies.

Either way, if you want to be pro you need to be prepared to do exactly that. Don't confuse the line between amateur/practice events and PRO Motorsports. Either way, what was quoted in this thread which started this debate was not about any of this. It was a simple opinion that I have based on my experience with drift events. It shouldn't have turned into I suck and am ignorant and so on. That was uncalled for. To start a whole new thread was also ridiculous. It was obviously started for the intended purpose to call me out and be mean to me. AND to bring in how we have gotten where we are and to assume you know anything about that is absurd ;) this whole you have a race car and I built my car in my back yard is a stupid defense. Dan built our Supra on jack stands in our apartment complex driveway for the first 6 months (we didn't have a shop). We started on the streets just like most of you. We built the supra with all the money we had and some that we didn't with tools from his dad's carport and jack stands from Pep Boys. We have a shop because he built the crap out of the Supra and whooped up on everyone in town with it. The shop was started by demand. I'm flattered that our perceived value is so big. If you only knew.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 10:46 PM
I hate Battlground for no reason at all, just as much as the rest of you all do. But it's funny how some people think that they shouldn't be competing in an even that they sponsor or host.

We don't. We own/host Drift Fury and we don't compete in that. I don't know were this is coming from :???:

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:47 PM
They don't compete at events that they sponsor or host....why is that so hard to grasp
So then what was that guy talking about?

What am I talking about?

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:48 PM
where am I?

Who are you?

Glides
06-20-2007, 10:51 PM

Now for you.

Yes, it is EXACTLY that. If you don't have the money to pay, don't fucking play!

This is motorsports dude, not the fucking Wiggles show where everyone gets a cookie just because they are sitting at the table. If you can't step correct, don't step. That is life. If you don't like it, leave.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 10:53 PM
So then what was that guy talking about?

What am I talking about?

He doesn't know, that's the point. This has just gotten taken way out of context and gone places that had nothing to do with what I said. What I said was pretty simple and if you read the original thread I was agreeing with what someone else from the same event said. Trust me when I say I am not the only one who thinks this. It's like the SR20 or KA-T debate. 50% of people say SR the other 1/2 say KA-T. Why does it have to be I suck and we have race cars and now we are hating on the little people. I never did that. I never called a driver out. I made a generalization on the makes of a car. Give me a break. Luckily I'm bored enough to even post since I am on the way to Denver or else everyone would prolly be bored tonight.

Psycho
06-20-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm not saying that it's not a great that BG puts the events on. It is. The contribution they've made to the "drifting" community is enormous, but shouldn't that also should be a little more reason for them to host the events, instead of competing in the events they're hosting?
You're lucky I'm not hosting these events. I would rule them with an iron fist, and elect myself winner even though I never competed. Oh, it's comming too. Just a few more years for my law degree, then I will have the money.

B18c-rex
06-20-2007, 10:59 PM
If this is directed to me, please quote where I said that. Just because everyone is coming in here with their opinions doesn't mean you get to twist my words. If not then my apologies.

Either way, if you want to be pro you need to be prepared to do exactly that. Don't confuse the line between amateur/practice events and PRO Motorsports. Either way, what was quoted in this thread which started this debate was not about any of this. It was a simple opinion that I have based on my experience with drift events. It shouldn't have turned into I suck and am ignorant and so on. That was uncalled for. To start a whole new thread was also ridiculous. It was obviously started for the intended purpose to call me out and be mean to me. AND to bring in how we have gotten where we are and to assume you know anything about that is absurd ;) this whole you have a race car and I built my car in my back yard is a stupid defense. Dan built our Supra on jack stands in our apartment complex driveway for the first 6 months (we didn't have a shop). We started on the streets just like most of you. We built the supra with all the money we had and some that we didn't with tools from his dad's carport and jack stands from Pep Boys. We have a shop because he built the crap out of the Supra and whooped up on everyone in town with it. The shop was started by demand. I'm flattered that our perceived value is so big. If you only knew.
^^^ It was not suppose to be taken as a personnel attack . And i appoligize if it was taken that way . Maybe you guys should be talking with the officials who judged the event instead if you feel it is unfair.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:00 PM
You're lucky I'm not hosting these events. I would rule them with an iron fist, and elect myself winner even though I never competed. Oh, it's comming too. Just a few more years for my law degree, then I will have the money.

Well please keep in mind that once you finally make it after all of your hard work...you'll be hated on for doing well. AND please don't buy anything that you enjoy with your money that you worked hard for because you won't deserve your prize. Trust me. I read it on the internet. SELL OUT!

Big Baller
06-20-2007, 11:01 PM
Fuck you, you guys never even hang out anymore.....

lol

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
^^^ It was not suppose to be taken as a personnel attack . And i appoligize if it was taken that way . Maybe you guys should be talking with the officials who judged the event instead if you feel it is unfair.

It's not that big of a deal. It was a general statement/opinion of mine. I don't feel the need to whine about it. I made a 5 sentence post with 1 opinion of mine and now I am being crucified for it. It's not that serious. AND I wasn't that upset about it. For crying out loud.

BG/Tracy/Drift Fury sucks for being a human with an opinion...gawd freaking forbid.

Glides
06-20-2007, 11:05 PM
They don't compete in their own events.

Since the bulk of you ninnys can't grasp that, it's obvious that you have never run an event. Let me break it down to you.

Events start way the hell before any drivers get there.
There's track set-up
Making sure that everyone that is helping is there (they never are)
Laying signs for noobs to get to the event
Tech inspection when you guys do show up
Finding the person to open the track (or calling him if he overslept)
Dealing with random people
43243252155 phone calls from people either lost, overslept, broken down or any other number of things that go wrong.
Drivers meetings (there never is one, someone ALWAYS misses it)
Rounding up drivers for the meetings.
Setting up gate detail
Making sure safetly crew is there.

Thats before the event even starts. Once it starts, shit flys 5455435 ways. They don't HAVE time to compete in a Drift Fury event because they are running the hell all over.

Who is too close,
Group line ups
So and So feels cheated
Someones not manning the gate, gotta replace them.
Bob needs to pee, send someone out to man cones
Can't find anyone, I'll go do it.
blah blah blah the list goes on and on.

If Tracy has time to piss in a cup at one of her events, I would be suprised.

Psycho
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I honestly don't know what you people are bitching about. If anything, you should be proud that you are competing with Batlground. It has taken them years to be where they are. Look at them, they're all almost over the hill, and soon they won't be able to compete in fear of breaking a hip. But look at you, you're all young yet you are almost on the same level as them. Imagine what you can accomplish a few years down the road, let alone when you are at their age. If anything it should give you something to strive for, not bitch at.

I'm done reading this shit. I'm gonna go pick up some smokes. Peace out, bitches.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:13 PM
They don't compete in their own events.

Since the bulk of you ninnys can't grasp that, it's obvious that you have never run an event. Let me break it down to you.

Events start way the hell before any drivers get there.
There's track set-up
Making sure that everyone that is helping is there (they never are)
Laying signs for noobs to get to the event
Tech inspection when you guys do show up
Finding the person to open the track (or calling him if he overslept)
Dealing with random people
43243252155 phone calls from people either lost, overslept, broken down or any other number of things that go wrong.
Drivers meetings (there never is one, someone ALWAYS misses it)
Rounding up drivers for the meetings.
Setting up gate detail
Making sure safetly crew is there.

Thats before the event even starts. Once it starts, shit flys 5455435 ways. They don't HAVE time to compete in a Drift Fury event because they are running the hell all over.

Who is too close,
Group line ups
So and So feels cheated
Someones not manning the gate, gotta replace them.
Bob needs to pee, send someone out to man cones
Can't find anyone, I'll go do it.
blah blah blah the list goes on and on.

If Tracy has time to piss in a cup at one of her events, I would be suprised.

Dude, thanks! This whole thing is worth it to know that one person gets it. I really appreciate that.

We run a NATIONAL drifting series with 3, one more time.....3 staff members....for 0 money right now. We even lose money right now...all for the love of it. All hoping to bring the sport up to par. All hoping to give people a place to go to drift and give away money to some folks. Gawd forbid we actually start making money at it for al of the hard work we had put into it. We'll suck even more I presume.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:22 PM
did I mention:

http://www.driftfury.com/flyer/df_wcs_free.jpg

Glides
06-20-2007, 11:24 PM
Dude, thanks! This whole thing is worth it to know that one person gets it. I really appreciate that.

We run a NATIONAL drifting series with 3, one more time.....3 staff members....for 0 money right now. We even lose money right now...all for the love of it. All hoping to bring the sport up to par. All hoping to give people a place to go to drift and give away money to some folks. Gawd forbid we actually start making money at it for al of the hard work we had put into it. We'll suck even more I presume.

No problem.

If any of you think that you can do better, feel free to plunk down the, oh...$2500 track rental fee, $800-$1500 insurance fee, $500 safety crew fee for the day depending on where you are, get your ass up at 4:30 in the morning to go set up the track, spend over 18 hours at the event for set-up, running and clean up (because none of you asses EVER pick up your own shit, so event organizers get to do it after you leave). Do all that and throw your own event. Then you can safely complain about the way they run theirs.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:28 PM
No problem.

If any of you think that you can do better, feel free to plunk down the, oh...$2500 track rental fee, $800-$1500 insurance fee, $500 safety crew fee for the day depending on where you are, get your ass up at 4:30 in the morning to go set up the track, spend over 18 hours at the event for set-up, running and clean up (because none of you asses EVER pick up your own shit, so event organizers get to do it after you leave). Do all that and throw your own event. Then you can safely complain about the way they run theirs.

BTW, nice Hachi!!! :lmfao:

Glides
06-20-2007, 11:30 PM
THANKS!!!!! :)

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:32 PM
THANKS!!!!! :)

Way cooler than the 240, IMO, that is if I'm allowed to have one. I'm sure you'll rawk it just as hard.

BB6dohcvtec
06-20-2007, 11:38 PM
The sport will grow in time, growth doesn't happen over night. Thats a lot of whats wrong with drifting now. The sport has grown so fast that it can't keep up with itself.

Matt

riggght :thinking: when it blows up let me know. won't be holding my breath tho. until they get smarter about it, it will always be sports entertainment and not a competition, when it becomes more of a competition then it has the possibility of growing into something more and serious.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:40 PM
riggght :thinking: when it blows up let me know. won't be holding my breath tho. until they get smarter about it, it will always be sports entertainment and not a competition, when it becomes more of a competition then it has the possibility of growing into something more and serious.

I'm pretty sure that what he said...but I could be wrong.

BTW, it is a competition. Just because one doesn't get it, doesn't mean it's not legit. ;)

Glides
06-20-2007, 11:44 PM

Actually, it's the fastest growing motorsport in the United States at this moment and gaining ground worldwide. You don't get serious sponsors like factory backing by being just entertainment.

Yea, I like the Rolla, still messing witht he tune on it. Megasquirt = suxxors.

Tracy
06-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Actually, it's the fastest growing motorsport in the United States at this moment and gaining ground worldwide. You don't get serious sponsors like factory backing by being just entertainment.

Yea, I like the Rolla, still messing witht he tune on it. Megasquirt = suxxors.

Yea, Dan hates it. You should try to Spectre thing. Based off the Mega Squirt, but already put together with other features.

Bballjamal
06-20-2007, 11:56 PM
If ya'll need help! Holla holla holla! Networking FTFW

Repost Squintz
06-21-2007, 01:14 AM
i go and drink some more of the beer... and now look what happens. damn it, i always miss it.

chnco
06-21-2007, 03:51 AM
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DRIFT, THAN DON'T FUCKING DRIFT!!

Dude, who told you to drive your DAILY driven car??? Sorry to break the news to you buddy, but shit happens. I know I can't drift competively, I can't afford it. I love going to events and messing around and gain skills, but I don't bitch about people that have shops. They make a LIVING around it, they don't go for shits and giggles like some of the other us.

You better get a good grasp on motorsports before writing a rant like this.

I've met you plenty of times at Barrett. Feel free to call me out next time I'm out.

chnco
06-21-2007, 03:52 AM
oh, BTW, I'll be drifting a hachi soon enough.

RandomGuy
06-21-2007, 08:20 AM

Yea, I like the Rolla, still messing witht he tune on it. Megasquirt = suxxors.what version are you running? I'm running 2.24 i believe.... Its not as bad as people say :)

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:32 AM
mmmmm strongbow :yumyum:

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:35 AM
bump...

i cant believe this thread is done already.
lol, whatta instigator :lmao:

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:35 AM
u've never heard of or tried strongbow? :gay:

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:37 AM
and here i thought he just did it cuz he didn't like them......cuz they're b____ :lmao:

RandomGuy
06-21-2007, 08:39 AM
and here i thought he just did it cuz he didn't like them......cuz they're b____ :lmao:lack

of vitamins is bad for you

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:46 AM

all else aside, you should really learn the difference between:

YOUR
YOU'RE

:goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 08:55 AM
lack
of vitamins is bad for you

bwahahahahahaha :lmfao: :goodjob:

Killer
06-21-2007, 09:01 AM
u've never heard of or tried strongbow? :gay:

i have now :D it's decent...

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 09:05 AM
^^^damn that was quick, what'd u go out and buy some as soon as u saw this thread yesterday? :D

Killer
06-21-2007, 09:08 AM
^^^damn that was quick, what'd u go out and buy some as soon as u saw this thread yesterday? :D

i did on the way home :D

ShooterMcGavin
06-21-2007, 09:13 AM
lol good call :goodjob:

Tracy
06-21-2007, 09:48 AM

So now choosing to buy a Hachi or Miata is only for those less fortunate???

I think they cost just about as much as a 240 :???:

There are plenty in FD and D1, built just as much as any 240 out there with just as much $$$ put into them.

Stop making this about me and make it about pity points for a Hachi or Miata.

B18c1Turboed
06-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Danny,
Would you consider Tony1 a PRO driver? YES
Would you consider Peter a PRO driver? YES
Would you consider SPOOLIN a PRO driver? NO

Killer
06-21-2007, 10:11 AM
only good thing that came from this thread?????

i discovered strongbow.. lol...

Vteckidd
06-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Danny,
Would you consider Tony1 a PRO driver? YES
Would you consider Peter a PRO driver? YES
Would you consider SPOOLIN a PRO driver? NO

so you admit that even in a sportsman class there are PRO drivers.

kinda getting my point?

Ran
06-21-2007, 11:07 AM
IF YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO DRIFT, THAN DON'T FUCKING DRIFT!!

Dude, who told you to drive your DAILY driven car??? Sorry to break the news to you buddy, but shit happens. I know I can't drift competively, I can't afford it. I love going to events and messing around and gain skills, but I don't bitch about people that have shops. They make a LIVING around it, they don't go for shits and giggles like some of the other us.I feel you here. I couldn't afford drifting my daily driver so I traded for the Yaris and bought the Datsun. Even then I couldn't afford the maintenance on the Datsun in addition to tires and registration fees. So now I don't drift. It's that easy. :)

Tracy, why not introduce some sort of low-key tier system? You know, break it down by classes for cars. That way you don't get 400+HP Mustang's and 350Z's against 100-120HP AE86's and such. Just an idea.

Sport1.3
06-21-2007, 11:14 AM
Glides- Made an awesome statement, and Honestly changed my first oppinion ab this thread/situation. I totally agree

Estis: sry dude, Racing's always been ab who has more money/seat time then you. Even if you were to build specifically classed systems, there would be debate on whether or not it was still fair. Look at the SCCA and AutoX or any sanctioned Road racing for that matter. There is CONSTANT debate on whether the ruling on a SINGLE car make being in a certian class is fair or not...sometimes the powers that be see it fit to change the classing system, but not usually. Plain and simple, there is always someone that is going to be faster then you, more experienced then you, has more money to invest then you, has a better team and so on... You have to decide whether or not you are going to allow that to stop you from competing and involving yourself in the "hobby" you apparently love so much. Competing against professionals only makes you that much better a driver if you can even keep up.

Big baller: You're such an Asshole lol...Gluck at Thunderhill/koni challenge. Glad to see some ppl are actually doing what they say instead of just talking

Tracy: Duh you have no respectable Opinion.....YOU'RE A WOMAN...GEEZEEE!!!!!! lol :crazy:

CopyRight
06-21-2007, 11:57 AM
tracy let's her snaggle tooth do all the talking....it's the brains of the whole operation.

Leadfoot_mf
06-21-2007, 12:06 PM
everyone please stop calling it a sport it is not a sport. anything that is judged to deem the winner is not a sport.

Ran
06-21-2007, 12:13 PM
everyone please stop calling it a sport it is not a sport. anything that is judged to deem the winner is not a sport.Sport (n) -

a. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
b. A particular form of this activity.
2. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
3. An active pastime; recreation.

It's a motorsport. Quit with the "mightier than thou" bullsh*t. :goodjob:

Glides
06-21-2007, 12:49 PM
everyone please stop calling it a sport it is not a sport. anything that is judged to deem the winner is not a sport.

Hmm. So I guess with your reasoning Ice Skating, Gymnastics, Diving and many other sports that are grouped in with Olympic sports are not sports?

Do you honestly believe the shit that you just typed? If you do, you need help. :thinking: :umno: Stay SmashT

Version 2.24 on the Megasquirt. I actually got the car because the Megasquirt corrupted and dumped the firmware.

Doppelgänger
06-21-2007, 02:02 PM
I feel forry for anyone taking Ledfoot seriously lololol

Oh i had to update the flier for the Cordele event...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/teamFBG/a645050f.jpg

bigpanda16
06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
how bout those "parking lot" drifters that arent scared of the Wall/or perhaps tap it slightly on purpose
where do they fit in
...the middle?

Tracy
06-21-2007, 02:51 PM
I feel forry for anyone taking Ledfoot seriously lololol

Oh i had to update the flier for the Cordele event...

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l281/teamFBG/a645050f.jpg
Cute :D

Sport1.3
06-21-2007, 04:10 PM

If i didnt already know you Tim, i would think you were retarded lolol :screwy:

Big Baller
06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Glides- Made an awesome statement, and Honestly changed my first oppinion ab this thread/situation. I totally agree

Estis: sry dude, Racing's always been ab who has more money/seat time then you. Even if you were to build specifically classed systems, there would be debate on whether or not it was still fair. Look at the SCCA and AutoX or any sanctioned Road racing for that matter. There is CONSTANT debate on whether the ruling on a SINGLE car make being in a certian class is fair or not...sometimes the powers that be see it fit to change the classing system, but not usually. Plain and simple, there is always someone that is going to be faster then you, more experienced then you, has more money to invest then you, has a better team and so on... You have to decide whether or not you are going to allow that to stop you from competing and involving yourself in the "hobby" you apparently love so much. Competing against professionals only makes you that much better a driver if you can even keep up.

Big baller: You're such an Asshole lol...Gluck at Thunderhill/koni challenge. Glad to see some ppl are actually doing what they say instead of just talking

Tracy: Duh you have no respectable Opinion.....YOU'RE A WOMAN...GEEZEEE!!!!!! lol :crazy:

Its true I am an asshole, but most of the people here have no other experience with any other form of motorsports on a higher level, I do....which doesn't make me better than them it just makes my opinion different. I understand what it takes to get a pro ride. For me its going to take a lot of sacrifice and that goes for my wife too. In the last 6 months she has probally seen me on 3 to 4 weekends total. I'm always gone to the track, I'm always trying to learn, to get faster, or to compete.

I'll post up more about Thunder-hill in the competition forum its going to be pretty crazy, we are bringing a couple of Rolex series guys with us.

Matt

Tracy
06-21-2007, 05:53 PM
Its true I am an asshole, but most of the people here have no other experience with any other form of motorsports on a higher level, I do....which doesn't make me better than them it just makes my opinion different. I understand what it takes to get a pro ride. For me its going to take a lot of sacrifice and that goes for my wife too. In the last 6 months she has probally seen me on 3 to 4 weekends total. I'm always gone to the track, I'm always trying to learn, to get faster, or to compete.

I'll post up more about Thunder-hill in the competition forum its going to be pretty crazy, we are bringing a couple of Rolex series guys with us.

Matt

I'm going to help you and be your agent :) I know the ropes and I love you.

I sacrificed my everything for what we do. Although, I wouldn't give it back for anything. Your wife handles it pretty well...not without complaints, but she deserves props just for putting up with you period.

edit-and you are an asshole.

BTLFED
06-21-2007, 09:28 PM
I just read all 8 pages and I can honestly say that this thread backfired. No one seems to grasp what Tracy and Dan went through to get where they are. Well, I mean, the usual suspects know (Me, Mr. Kidd, Big Baller, Allen, DRFTR), but there are people in here that don't have a grasp on reality. Catch the net, live in the now.

Glides, you are the fucking man. You truly grasp what is going on in this thread. Kudo's to you my friend, and reps awarded. :goodjob:

Tracy
06-21-2007, 10:04 PM
I just read all 8 pages and I can honestly say that this thread backfired. No one seems to grasp what Tracy and Dan went through to get where they are. Well, I mean, the usual suspects know (Me, Mr. Kidd, Big Baller, Allen, DRFTR), but there are people in here that don't have a grasp on reality. Catch the net, live in the now.

Glides, you are the fucking man. You truly grasp what is going on in this thread. Kudo's to you my friend, and reps awarded. :goodjob:

You forgot Halfbaked in the list of usual suspects. he's gonna be pissed. I'm telling!!!!

*mwah*

Yea Glides is the shit. He's part of SEDA. So he knows how it goes down.

BTLFED
06-21-2007, 10:21 PM
You forgot Halfbaked in the list of usual suspects. he's gonna be pissed. I'm telling!!!!

*mwah*

Yea Glides is the shit. He's part of SEDA. So he knows how it goes down.

I meant in this thread lol

HalfBaked
06-22-2007, 02:04 AM
GOD DAMN IT.

I'M SO FUCKING PISSED.

Black R
06-22-2007, 02:59 AM
y'know this brings up a thought I had about the hachi's at the big events... there are some big factory sponsored jdm rigs out there and the vipers were wiping up the field. at one point i did feel it was unfair to have the hachi's against the vipers - they were like the underdogs and hubinette was tearing them a new asshole with just the insane amount of torque.

at the same time though, imho it's easier to drift a short wheelbase car...

what were we talking about again? i'd rather hear about tracy's girl-girl adventures!

BTLFED
06-22-2007, 05:25 PM
GOD DAMN IT.

I'M SO FUCKING PISSED.

No you aren't! :slap:

FoolsDrifFWD
07-10-2007, 04:38 AM
I think that if you run at Formula D you should NOT BE alowed to drift at grassroots events. Its like putting a F1 driver vs a guy on a horse its dum as hell.

FoolsDrifFWD
07-10-2007, 04:52 AM
everyone just needs to put up or shut up...i remember back in the day when BatlGround first came about and would come to the street races...i built all the cars that came out with me and everyone knew who we were...we were really fast and usually the prime target...then one nite at the old BatlGround shop came this black beast of a supra...came down made a pass...a few weekends later they came down with tracy's old 240 with a sr20 swap which was really rare at the time to race one cars i built...Tracy first called out the NOS Miata but the bottle was low and i knew what they pulled up with so she ran a black gst eclipse...walked are ass and they all talked shit...i talked shit back...at that moment i bought a gsx 2g and had my target set on them being batlground...i have no shop, work all by myself in my 3 car garage, built a beast of a gsx with the help of Magnus Motorsport in Canada...got into trouble with the car playing around at the street races, got locked up and had to sell the car and lost my ass for it...i had about 35K in it...a few years later...i was working for Dan and Tracy at BatlGround...i respect both of them alot...they started with nothing and built a shop around there supra...they started at the bottem like everyone else...Batlground Engineering gets nothing but total respect from me...i had my run in with them...but the point is...they are just that good...i worked my ass off to try to compete with them in the NDRA only to get in trouble for it...You chose your own battles...i chose to compete with the best...if you are not good enough to compete with them, then practice more...Dan and Tracy both use to hit the parking lots just like everyone else...just because they have a shop doesn't mean everything is free...they still have to work for everything they have or get...so what they have sponsors...anyone can get sponsors...thats all i have to say for now...but i am tired of everyone coming down on Tracy cause she says something...but i forgot that nobody on IA runs their mouth
-dave

What makes them sooo good?:thinking::thinking::thinking: Tell me I want to know because I dont see anything good. When I see them go aound the track I want to piss my pants with hysteria.

viperbite
07-10-2007, 05:27 AM
lol yall are just being brats cuz she drifts and you dont.
and some dont even have RWD cars lol @ this thread
from the posts ive seen, she hasnt been mean or anything.
she even offered free admition to a drift group that just started up.
so stop hating
mods should close this because its gay. and totally retarded
say it to her face say it to her face pussys
cuz we all know you wouldnt. fags
stupid internet drama
ftl =D

Glides
07-10-2007, 08:18 AM
I think that if you run at Formula D you should NOT BE alowed to drift at grassroots events. Its like putting a F1 driver vs a guy on a horse its dum as hell.

Somebody went fishing on page 22 today.

Elbow
07-10-2007, 10:14 AM
lol yall are just being brats cuz she drifts and you dont.
and some dont even have RWD cars lol @ this thread
from the posts ive seen, she hasnt been mean or anything.
she even offered free admition to a drift group that just started up.
so stop hating
mods should close this because its gay. and totally retarded
say it to her face say it to her face pussys
cuz we all know you wouldnt. fags
stupid internet drama
ftl =D

out of curiosity who are you

Tracy
07-10-2007, 10:33 AM
uhhhhhhh :???: still going on huh?

v-empire
07-10-2007, 10:47 AM
woah!
http://www.mythinglinks.org/BoyDonkeyMarketplace1974~HutchinsonEncyclo~RE00728 8.jpg

ThatS13guy
07-10-2007, 11:26 AM
wow, well put

KevinT707
07-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Robby for President!

BuBBa DRiFT
07-10-2007, 03:36 PM
All I know is I really want a Corolla GTS

anyone got one for sale?

Sport1.3
07-10-2007, 03:59 PM
WTF DInOSAur thread!...let it die ppl

Julio
07-10-2007, 06:27 PM
How did I miss this thread? Talk about backfire hahahahah

BG = Hardwork...

Actually, anyone who works hard, practice hard will just get better at whatever they do. I mean, Is common sense, shit not only in the motorsports in almost anything.
Yes, Money helps, but it doest really sometimes.... I mean, how many people with money try shit sometimes and it doesnt work.. Micheal Jordan, trying to play for the whitesox... haha, he was a joke.

This thread was 1000% lame....

Tracy
07-10-2007, 06:34 PM
w3rd