PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Vaccum source

1NonlyAccord
06-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Where is the largest vaccum source on the engine bay? :thinking:
bought a Golden Eagle Manifold so i can boost my car.the vaccum source is the only problem standing in the way.
99 accord

would the owners manual have any info? where would it be under..:???::???:
Thanks

koukis14
06-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Buy a repair manual or stop trying because you have NO clue how a car works AT ALL.

green91
06-19-2007, 08:58 PM
all vacuum sources (post throttle body) have the same amount of vacuum so pick one and go. i recommend using the 3/8" hose coming off the FPR that runs to the firewall, i use it on all my cars.

IDriveToast
06-19-2007, 09:23 PM
Honestly....the largest vacuum source on a motor is where the intake manifold leads to the brake booster. Many after market vacuum blocks that companies such as FullRace make use the brake booster line as their vacuum source.

There are certain vacuums you want to try your best to avoid using...

One is MAP Sensor.
The 2nd is Fuel Pressure Regulator. If you end up drawing too much vacuum from your fuel pressure regulator it CAN mess up fuel pressure.

green91
06-20-2007, 05:46 AM
The 2nd is Fuel Pressure Regulator. If you end up drawing too much vacuum from your fuel pressure regulator it CAN mess up fuel pressure.

Which is exactly why i use the larger of the two hoses on the fuel pressure regulator, its much bigger and has more vacuum.

1NonlyAccord
06-20-2007, 08:06 AM
So can i "T" off the FPR line and run the 3/8" hose to the opening of the GE manifold, then put the fittings in and spit it how ever many times there?
heres a pic of the engine bay and the FPR lines.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i243/mr_crispy1011/FPR.jpg
so would i cut it b4 FPR or after/below it?