PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Newb question about turbo's and superchargers

KREEP
06-19-2007, 04:47 PM
I am new to this shit and son't know much about it but I just bought a 2000 acura integra gsr and I want to make it a lot faster so I wanna know which upgrade is best for my application? First off...should I go with a turbo or a super charger? 2nd if I was to go with a turbo what all is needed to be done to put a turbo on and or a supercharger. I also want to know what other kind of bolt on stuff can I use to make some more horse power?

List of stuff I already have:
tanabe cat back
aem cold air intake
Brand new clutch, lightwieght flywheel
dc sports header and short shifter
Neuspeed front strut bar

Evil Goat
06-19-2007, 05:01 PM
turbo would be best for your app. just depends on how far you want to go, you can s/c it but i can gurantee you will get bored

there are several people running nice sized turbos on well tuned setups into the 12's and 11's....

if youre going to go the turbo route the easiest thing for you to do is look for a package that includes the manifold, turbo, etc etc (peakboost makes some nice stuff = check this link for a nice install http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124104)

as far as what you need....research does wonders, noones going to do all the work and hand it to you....i spent about 4 months solid researching stuff just for a junked together system back in the day on my civic

basic stuff is mani, turbo, downpipe, wastegate (whether internal or external), bov, ic, psi gauge, ems, whether its hondata, crome, etc........there are other stuff you could shoot for as well...but id suggest you search around the honda/acura forums and see whats best for your budget