PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Suspension

splink48
06-19-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm doing my homework before I go ahead and screw something up. I don't even have the car in question yet, it'll be a few weeks, but anyway.....down to business.

I'm looking at either a 99 or 00 model civic ex coupe and I want to drop it...probably on the stock 16s. I want to make it over a speed bump after taking some reasonable precautions (yeah, I know, but you shoulda seen my mx6). I want the car to eventually stop settling (again....you shoulda seen my mx6). I also don't want to be throwing tires at it every 10k miles (so no huge camber problems..........and you shoulda seen my mx6). Finally....I'm putting the suspension on for more than just looks (no really...quit laughing....really....I mean it) and I want a firm ride, but not so firm that if I were to drop the thing from the top of stone mountain to the ground that it wouldn't move the suspension at all.

I guess with all of that said, what do you think? oh yeah.....budget minded too. I'm one of those lucky people that work for a living (living meaning a mortgage, a wife, two car notes, and all the other nice little bills that go along with it) so money is tight.