PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a shop that does custom frame work/airbags on a classic truck?

RutRoe
06-19-2007, 03:13 PM
I've got a new project and I need some leads for someone to help me with it....

I've got a classic "truck" that's going to need a c-notch I think, plus a simple airbag set up, and possibly a Mustang II front end... who knows.

Does anyone know of any good shops or individuals who are skilled at such a task?

Thanks for your help,
Rut

Sammich
06-19-2007, 03:17 PM
go to yotascene.com and ask around on there. there are a couple of guys that are in georgia that may know, or can do the work for you.

Spectic Tank
06-19-2007, 03:39 PM
I sent you a PM

DieselNuts
06-19-2007, 03:43 PM
I know the perfect person to do what you need done. He and his dad have notched multiple trucks and done multiple restorations. They are closing down their shop though so I will have to see if they will take something like that on in their private shop.

What kind of truck is it?

Spectic Tank
06-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I know the perfect person to do what you need done. He and his dad have notched multiple trucks and done multiple restorations. They are closing down their shop though so I will have to see if they will take something like that on in their private shop.

LMAO...I just sent this dude a PM telling him to get in touch with you. Are you stalking me:ninja:

Who pissed u off at Grayson Tire...I was dissapointed when I didn't see Patience in your sig.

David88vert
06-19-2007, 06:04 PM
One of my friends does lots of them on the side at his house. PM me and I'll give you his contact info. I'm headed over there now.

RutRoe
06-19-2007, 10:10 PM

It's pretty rare and not that many people have seen them before...it's a 1949 or 50 International Harvester Metro Panel van.

Believe it or not, my grandfather used to deliver parts all over New Mexico with it and my dad spend tons of time in there as a kid riding around with him. It was a big part of my family's history, and the person my grandmother gave it to after my grandfather passed away heard that I was asking about it and offerred me the truck.

I just really want to do something neat with it and I've wanted to have it since I saw it when I was like 6 years old.

Who knows.. I'm doing lots of research now so that when it gets brought out from New Mexico in the next couple of months, I'll know where to take it and be confident in who ever is doing the work.

thanks for everyone's help... keep the suggestions coming.

Thanks!

DieselNuts
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
LMAO...I just sent this dude a PM telling him to get in touch with you. Are you stalking me:ninja:

Who pissed u off at Grayson Tire...I was dissapointed when I didn't see Patience in your sig.
maybe I am, maybe im not.....just dont look out your window....

I thought you had sigs turned off. I'll put her back in there when I get a chance :goodjob:

It's pretty rare and not that many people have seen them before...it's a 1949 or 50 International Harvester Metro Panel van.

Who knows.. I'm doing lots of research now so that when it gets brought out from New Mexico in the next couple of months, I'll know where to take it and be confident in who ever is doing the work.

I'll get in touch with my friend so you can talk to him. He will be able to give you more info than I will. PM me your E-mail addy.

Teds Auto Body (http://www.tedsautobodyinc.com/)

Not too much info on the site, but there are a couple pics of their cars.