PDA

View Full Version : I think china has lost it,lol

OneSlow5pt0
06-18-2007, 11:59 PM
China Plans Highway on Mount Everest

By Associated Press

document.write(getElapsed("20070619T014909Z"));3 hours agoUPDATED 2 HOURS 57 MINUTES AGO

BEIJING - China will build a $20 million blacktop highway on Mount Everest as part of the route for the Olympic torch relay, state media reported Tuesday.

Xinhua News Agency said the construction would turn a rough, 67-mile road stretching from the foot of the mountain to a base camp at 17,060 feet, into a paved "highway fenced by undulating guardrails."

Mount Everest, the world's tallest mountain, is 29,035 feet tall.

It said construction would start next week and would take about four months and the new highway would become a major route for tourists and mountaineers.

In April, organizers for the Beijing 2008 Summer Olympics announced ambitious plans for the longest torch relay in Olympic history _ an 85,000-mile, 130-day route that would cross five continents and scale Mount Everest.

Taking the Olympic torch to the top of the mountain, seen by some as a way for Beijing to underscore its claims to Tibet, is expected to be one of the relay's highlights.

China says it has ruled Tibet for centuries, although many Tibetans say their homeland was essentially an independent state for most of that time. Chinese communist troops occupied Tibet in 1951 and Beijing continues to rule the region with a heavy hand

TIGERJC
06-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I hope they dont do that

thecrazyone
06-19-2007, 12:06 AM
actually in reality, China is going to be one of the most thriving countries in the next 20-30 years, they haven't even scratched the surface of their potential. i suggest you learn Mandarin.

BlkCD5
06-19-2007, 12:16 AM
yup with even more counterfeit shit

yudalicious
06-19-2007, 12:17 AM
good for tibet... before china "took over" tibet after ww2, tibet was a piece of shit land, with no economy, no major highways, and an infant mortality rate of 43% (meaning almost 1 out of 2 infants die during birth or within their first year of life)... needless to say now, it's alot lower, and tibet has some more highways.

Stormhammer
06-19-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm kinda at a loss for worlds

I meant Mount Everest is one of the few testaments left that stands in the face of man and laughs. People have died just trying to climb to its top. And China is just going to pave a road

... for $20 million, thats going to be one shitty road ( I assume they're going to tunnel through based on the proposed budget )

Crazy Asian
06-19-2007, 12:50 AM
And watch when the runner goes and everyone cheering...a massive avalance comes out of nowhere and wipes everyone out and for some reason you can hear the echo of the avalanche saying PWNED BITCHES!!!!

GIXXERDK
06-19-2007, 01:18 AM
I'm kinda at a loss for worlds

I meant Mount Everest is one of the few testaments left that stands in the face of man and laughs. People have died just trying to climb to its top. And China is just going to pave a road

... for $20 million, thats going to be one shitty road ( I assume they're going to tunnel through based on the proposed budget )

+1

In reality I dont see this working with the unpredictable weather.

automaniac
06-19-2007, 03:07 AM
yup with even more counterfeit shit

LOL.....Heh....maybe even the road will be counterfeit...(reused concrete or dirt)...:goodjob:

David88vert
06-19-2007, 06:38 AM
This will probably turn into the greatest rally road ever built! Initial D FTW!

If it's open after the Olympics, I'd like to go drive it - downhill of course. At that altitude, cars aren't going to make much power.

koukis14
06-19-2007, 07:56 AM
good for tibet... before china "took over" tibet after ww2, tibet was a piece of shit land, with no economy, no major highways, and an infant mortality rate of 43%.

But they had Brad Pitt for 7 years.

ShooterMcGavin
06-19-2007, 08:46 AM
^^^lol, china pwns tibet :goodjob:

telum01
06-19-2007, 08:56 AM

shit's cheap in China. labor won't cost a thing compared to labor in the US.

SL65AMG
06-19-2007, 09:00 AM
its a feat for man to be able to climb it and its a huge accomplishment when one does.... and china just wants to ....build a road to the top.... for olympic runners..... what the hell? no olympic runner would make it to the top, let alone RUN up mount everest.

stupid ass Chinese!

ShooterMcGavin
06-19-2007, 09:06 AM
^^^watch yo mouth before i come cook your pets for dinner...

nextelbuddy
06-19-2007, 09:35 AM
i gues some people, didnt read all the way. they are not building a road all the way to the top. only to about 17,000 feet on a existing 67 mile road they are just paving.

ShooterMcGavin
06-19-2007, 09:48 AM
^^^right on, just goes to show that stupid americans can't even read :lmfao:

OneSlow5pt0
06-19-2007, 09:50 AM
^^^right on, just goes to show that stupid americans can't even read :lmfao:

lol....damn GA schools

Hulud
06-19-2007, 09:52 AM
some people are fucking retarded (im referring to the people in this thread thinking this is a bad idea)

you act like its to the top of the mountain

edit**** thanks nextelbuddy for having some common sense

2.0civic
06-19-2007, 09:56 AM
its a feat for man to be able to climb it and its a huge accomplishment when one does.... and china just wants to ....build a road to the top.... for olympic runners..... what the hell? no olympic runner would make it to the top, let alone RUN up mount everest.

stupid ass Chinese!

wow...

you guys cant read or do math or something...

Look at where the basecamp is they are building to compared to the summit....:goodjob:

2.0civic
06-19-2007, 09:57 AM
some people are fucking retarded (im referring to the people in this thread thinking this is a bad idea)

you act like its to the top of the mountain

edit**** thanks nextelbuddy for having some common sense

damn i didnt make it to your post lol:goodjob:

nreggie454
06-19-2007, 10:03 AM
17k feet is waaaaaay up there. When I was younger, my dad drove our family up and down Pike's Peak (~14k feet, don't know how high the road goes) and there was one or two checkpoints on the way down where you had to stop so a guy could make sure your brakes weren't too hot.

ShooterMcGavin
06-19-2007, 10:10 AM
lol....damn GA schools
i don't know, that's a pretty big assumption that he even WENT to school :goodjob: