PDA

View Full Version : crow mountain hill climb

99SI
07-07-2005, 01:48 PM
I have posted about this event previously, however, I don't see it in here anymore. There are new pictures in the gallery if anyone is interested in seeing the course. I am including a layout,map, of the course. It seems to be filling up pretty quickly and I don't know how many entrants they will cap it at. This event is not going to be held until October, but if you're interested it may be worthwile to go ahead and sign up. This is a link to the race website. http://www.crowmountainhillclimb.org/index.htm

99SI
08-03-2005, 12:29 PM
A little update. I ran the route last weekend while me and my girlfriend were up there visiting her family and it was extremely fun. There are some other routes going off the mountain in the same area if anyone is interested in doing a run up there sometime. These roads are small and have many 180 degree switchbacks. I would generally carry 35-40 MPH through the corners letting my LSD pull me out. The fastest I ever got was on one brief straightaway where I hit close to 85. This route is not for the faint of heart as there are no guardrails and many trees close to the road. Well worthwhile to run this road and a few of the others in the area if you are anywhere near the area. If you are interested in any more info about the area or you want to try to get a run together let me know. Pm me on here and I'll get back to you.