PDA

View Full Version : Where to get custom exhaust pieces made?

sogood
06-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Just looking to see if anyone knows of any good shops that make/can make custom exhaust pieces. I'm looking to get a custom y-pipe and straight pipe made somewhere around Atlanta. If y'all know of or have any recommendations on where to go, please let me know. Thanks :goodjob:

AnthonyF
06-18-2007, 08:24 AM
your kinda down the street from me. Shop is on Buford hwy s. of N. Druid Hills.

anyways, any mineke can. As long as u have a cat they will touch ur car. a few perforamce shops will too, but they have other projects so it make take awhile to get it done.

sogood
06-18-2007, 12:10 PM
your kinda down the street from me. Shop is on Buford hwy s. of N. Druid Hills.

anyways, any mineke can. As long as u have a cat they will touch ur car. a few perforamce shops will too, but they have other projects so it make take awhile to get it done.

That's cool, I'm actually on N. Decatur Rd, right where it hits Briarcliff. Right up the street from Emory Village, if you know where that is.

Mineke can do that kinda work? That's fine with me, I just don't want shitty parts, looking to get mandrel bent stainless steel and have no problem paying the price for it. Thanks for the info, man. I'll check that out.

MaRk2k
06-18-2007, 12:18 PM
where can u get ur muffler to (cock) to the side and point up n shit at?

Ran
06-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Mineke can do that kinda work? That's fine with me, I just don't want shitty parts, looking to get mandrel bent stainless steel and have no problem paying the price for it. Thanks for the info, man. I'll check that out.Meineke doesn't mandrel bend. Had a buddy get a custom exhaust done at Meineke and it's all crush bent. The exhaust also clangs against the rear suspension constantly.

Take your car to one of the IA-sponsor performance shops. Either that, or buy the mandrel bent pieces from Summit and just have them welded together. Good luck. :)

Sport1.3
06-18-2007, 01:08 PM
If money is no issue, go to Summitracing.com and order all Stainless steel 180* and 90* bends as well as some straight sections. They also sell completed y-pipes as well. they are all mandrel bent and pretty cheap for what you would see them anywhere else. then you can have it all cut and fabbed up at a muffler shop.

I just did this sat for the rest of my exhaust for my MR2, i bought all mandrel bends in 2.5" 18 gauge steel, 2.5" high flow cat, 2.5" Dynomax muffler, 4 2.5" flanges, 3 stainless hangers, and all the hardware. All that cost me $210

SLo_MKIII
06-18-2007, 01:32 PM

there is a place called g and s muffler next to area 41 in kennesaw that specializes in exhaust work so they should definitely be able to do it:goodjob:

AnthonyF
06-18-2007, 03:35 PM

ummm y?:thinking:

Ran
06-18-2007, 04:11 PM
ummm y?:thinking:Because that's JDM-tyte yo!!!

We ain't rollin' wit no str8-pipe glasspak. WTF is wrong witchu? :mad:

I'm gonna leave now... :ninja:

scttydb411
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
give mainsteam a call.

AnTi-PooN
06-18-2007, 10:48 PM
my freind just got flows put on at meinke down on 20 by 985 and they did an excellent job looks and sounds great but i didn't check how they did the piping. They have good prices too though.