PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of the AJC?

Hulud
06-17-2007, 09:54 PM
answer the poll, whores!

Echonova
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Sucks

Echonova
06-17-2007, 09:56 PM
BTW... what poll??????????

Edit: nevermind

Hulud
06-17-2007, 09:57 PM
BTW... what poll??????????

Edit: nevermind
patience is a virtue

Echonova
06-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Instant gratification FTMFW!!!!!!!!

Hulud
06-17-2007, 10:02 PM
lol

xLSTONEx
06-17-2007, 10:06 PM
They are going broke anyway so it doesn't matter. They are one of the most respected papers in the nation and do a hell of a job. But the poll you made doesn't express most views that people probably feel about the paper.

SampaGuy
06-17-2007, 10:30 PM
They suck ass! I used to work for them, quit after 3 months because i couldnt stand it. The paper itself and the company both suck.

Hulud
06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
They are one of the most respected papers in the nation and do a hell of a job.
do a hell of a job? :lmao: ok....

But the poll you made doesn't express most views that people probably feel about the paper.
ok, if you say so :rolleyes:

xLSTONEx
06-17-2007, 10:44 PM
do a hell of a job? :lmao: ok....

ok, if you say so :rolleyes:
are you pissed that I am right or something?

Hulud
06-17-2007, 10:46 PM
are you pissed that I am right or something?
i aint pissed bout nothin!

except i havent played poker with you in forever, cause i need some money

xLSTONEx
06-17-2007, 11:34 PM
i aint pissed bout nothin!

except i havent played poker with you in forever, cause i need some money
come to the cash game with us sometime.

Kyle
06-18-2007, 01:55 AM
The only thing I use the AJC for is to get the ads for best buy, fry's, etc. I get my news elsewhere.

Hulud
06-18-2007, 08:45 AM
come to the cash game with us sometime.
when do you guys play?

Jecht
06-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Eh I find a few of the stories on the front interesting, but most of the time I don't even pay attention to the thing that just got thrown into the end of my driveway.

OneSlow5pt0
06-18-2007, 09:29 AM
whats the AJC?

ShooterMcGavin
06-18-2007, 10:38 AM
:wgaf:

SLOWLYbtngU
06-18-2007, 10:59 AM
They suck ass! I used to work for them, quit after 3 months because i couldnt stand it. The paper itself and the company both suck.

Funny...I thought the company was great! Still do. Cox Enterprises is not going broke and therefore they have the money to support the AJC.

When I worked there they were trying really hard to appeal to the "younger crowd," but it was hard when now a days you can just get online get all the info you need and then some. So we came up with Access Atlanta. Yeah a cheap rip off of Creative Loafing. We knew what we were doing when we moved all of the CL booths down two feet and replaced them with AA ones. Creative Loafing gave us hell for trying to take their readers. AA sucks... I know but we couldnt think of anything else that would work.

Hulud, what is your viewpoint on it? What is wrong with the AJC?

Shawna
06-18-2007, 11:00 AM
it has its ups and downs....

Julio
06-18-2007, 04:45 PM
lol.. I dont know when was the last time I picked up a paper... I'm a vendor.. and I think there reps are terrible.
lol

ep9716
06-18-2007, 05:33 PM
One Person Voted That They Love It HAHAHA LMFAO

Hulud
06-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Hulud, what is your viewpoint on it? What is wrong with the AJC?
since you asked.

here are the topics i will be presenting in this post:

Front Page
Spelling
Stories
Readers

Front Page

Reading the front page on most if not ALL days, it does not display important news that would deem worthy of a front page of the biggest newspaper in the south east. Most days I see articles that do not affect the mass public at all, for example a couple years ago my friend had an article on the front page because he was intown for summer trying to get a summer job. Why on earth does that deem to be on the front page? Today as well, there is a PICTURE that took up half of the front page about people mourning two people's deaths. OK dont get me wrong i feel bad for those people, but that should NOT be on the front page. Its not like they had a story with it, just a picture with a caption, how is that something that should be on the front page? Also on the front page today was a story about RENTING rims for your car. Thats just plain stupid, who cares? That should not be on the front page.

Spelling

How can a newspaper that is so "respected" still print with so many errors? I mean i can understand every once and a while, but damn, almost everyday? They have writers and editors and if someone doesnt have an editor why dont they use spell check on the computer? How can you present a paper with this many incorrect spellings if you are getting paid to present news?

Stories

The stories that the paper presents are weak and most are not news worthy. This really entails into the front page issue i have, where how can you put some worthless story on the front page that is not an important issue? If you really want people to read and enjoy your paper, then present stories that people want to read about on the front page, stories that affect peoples lives. Not grieving people or teenagers trying to find a summer job. Present the paper with a dignified sense so that people will be more apt to purchasing the paper and using it for reading material, rather that a streak free shine with windex on car windows.

Readers

Obviously im not the only one who feels this way, as you can see by this small poll. But also its a proven fact that the AJC has lost more readers over the past year than any other major newspaper in the country. Obviously if they keep up with this horrid presentation of the news it will drive people to go online more for their news and cancel subscriptions.

Thats all for now, i could go on longer but i dont really feel like it.

SLOWLYbtngU
06-19-2007, 11:55 AM
since you asked.

here are the topics i will be presenting in this post:

Front Page
Spelling
Stories
Readers

Front Page

Reading the front page on most if not ALL days, it does not display important news that would deem worthy of a front page of the biggest newspaper in the south east. Most days I see articles that do not affect the mass public at all, for example a couple years ago my friend had an article on the front page because he was intown for summer trying to get a summer job. Why on earth does that deem to be on the front page? Today as well, there is a PICTURE that took up half of the front page about people mourning two people's deaths. OK dont get me wrong i feel bad for those people, but that should NOT be on the front page. Its not like they had a story with it, just a picture with a caption, how is that something that should be on the front page? Also on the front page today was a story about RENTING rims for your car. Thats just plain stupid, who cares? That should not be on the front page.

Spelling

How can a newspaper that is so "respected" still print with so many errors? I mean i can understand every once and a while, but damn, almost everyday? They have writers and editors and if someone doesnt have an editor why dont they use spell check on the computer? How can you present a paper with this many incorrect spellings if you are getting paid to present news?

Stories

The stories that the paper presents are weak and most are not news worthy. This really entails into the front page issue i have, where how can you put some worthless story on the front page that is not an important issue? If you really want people to read and enjoy your paper, then present stories that people want to read about on the front page, stories that affect peoples lives. Not grieving people or teenagers trying to find a summer job. Present the paper with a dignified sense so that people will be more apt to purchasing the paper and using it for reading material, rather that a streak free shine with windex on car windows.

Readers

Obviously im not the only one who feels this way, as you can see by this small poll. But also its a proven fact that the AJC has lost more readers over the past year than any other major newspaper in the country. Obviously if they keep up with this horrid presentation of the news it will drive people to go online more for their news and cancel subscriptions.

Thats all for now, i could go on longer but i dont really feel like it.

I dont want to sound like I am defending them..But well I guess it is gonna sound like that so fuck it.

When it comes to the Front Page, They try to keep their stories local. It is the largest newspaper in the South but it is central to Georgia. They print the New York Times at their printing press along with several other papers..From a corporate viewpoint, why step on the toes of those that feed you? You feel me? They arent going to compete with NYT... They dont see them as the competition. Their competition is or was the mom and pop papers that were local to certain neighborhoods (i.e. Brookhaven Buzz.) They started buying those b/c they were their competition. At the same time, what do you want to see on the front page when there is no news? They try to not repeat stories and lets face it...Right now there isnt much to report on.

The paper makes money off of those that advertise in it and those that buy the paper. I personally feel you should write a letter to the publisher. When Roger Kintzel was Publisher I thought the paper was great, then...Well I quit. So did a lot of the writers. They moved out of town and write for other smaller publications that are also owned by Cox.

About the spelling errors...Lol...They stopped using spell check b/c it was changing words around and I guess they never fixed the bug in the system. Sad thing is that I worked there and never read the paper unless I needed to for meetings. I would just log in and read online. The editors dont do shit...They play mini golf in their offices or attend elaborate meetings out of town.

Fast Shadow
09-07-2007, 05:15 PM
I used to work for Cox Enterprises. It's a public poll, you can see my answer for what I think of them.