PDA

View Full Version : Who really wants to be JDM, anyways?

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I do. If it's affordable.

Feel the same?

MIGHT be able to hook some people up...

Tonight an old buddy of mine from highschool stopped by. He was shocked I still drive my civ. He works at a shop down in Jacksonville, and mostly is into drift. He said at his shop, though, they've got some EF front cuts just sitting around. I told him shoot me some prices on 'em and I'd pass it on to ya'll to see what kind of interest would spark up. The deal would be basically I"d drive down there, and bring back up like 2-4 halfcuts at a time.

Please...don't mark me for trying to be a "dealer" and don't mark my words that this deal will go down. Alot of effort has to go in before these will be available...this thread is JUST to see who's interested in getting these halfcuts for a GREAT price (currently, price is undisclosed).

So post up...let me know if it's rex or hatch fronts you want...and PLEASE...ONLY serious inquiries, and I am ONLY offering this to the EF Squad of ImportAtlanta...not honda-tech, not anywhere else. So...take advantage of what may be available soon.

If I go down to get one, or a few...I'm DEFINITLY coming home with one for myself.

thepolecat
06-17-2007, 08:41 PM
any EG crap?

Halfwit
06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
i may have to break my no jdm rule, shoot me a roundabout figure when u can.

id love seats though...steering wheel, jdm oem shift knob/boot ect. i like the lil things that i myself can appreciate wilst driving.

and since i need a new fender, why not huh?

wouldnt mind tagging along if u need some help down there either.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 09:20 PM
any EG crap?
I'll see what I can find...but mostly I'm hooking up EF'rs... Worst that could happen if they have one is I'd say call them up yourself and tell them I sent you, and you'll still get a deal...

Papa_Smurf
06-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Um, i'd REALLY like sum nice EF Si seats.

Also, if they had a JDM b16 for cheap then i wouldn't mind picking it up.

LMK if they have any seats.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Um, i'd REALLY like sum nice EF Si seats.

Also, if they had a JDM b16 for cheap then i wouldn't mind picking it up.

LMK if they have any seats.
Doubt they'll have your seats, but I could probably get your engine...

SiGuy
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
would the front cut include....fenders, headlights, bumper, hood, rad. support, dash steering column and what not....

or

would it just be the normal half cut with no fenders, bumper, hood, and lights?

Papa_Smurf
06-17-2007, 11:19 PM
so seats at all? is it basically like the front clip, light steering wheel to the front bumper, so no seats? hmm... if so, that'd suck.

But yea, dude if you can get me a b16 or somethin for cheap then i'd be inclined to jump on it. Just LMk when you get sum prices. I'm interested in ANY motor that will fit in an EF.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:25 PM
would the front cut include....fenders, headlights, bumper, hood, rad. support, dash steering column and what not....

or

would it just be the normal half cut with no fenders, bumper, hood, and lights?
...I can't get you full details, yet, but as he described him, it'd be enough to make your car JDM from the windshield forward.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:26 PM
so seats at all? is it basically like the front clip, light steering wheel to the front bumper, so no seats? hmm... if so, that'd suck.

But yea, dude if you can get me a b16 or somethin for cheap then i'd be inclined to jump on it. Just LMk when you get sum prices. I'm interested in ANY motor that will fit in an EF.
I've got two d15b2's and a b18a1!

LoL

Also, door hinges...friday afternoon is fine or whatever. Let me know if you still need my number.

Whiteboy™
06-17-2007, 11:41 PM
any sedan cuts? pm me

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:42 PM
LoL, he didn't mention any. Sedan cuts are hard to find...you know that. When I talk to him, again, I'll ask him to try to come across one, if he can...

SiGuy
06-17-2007, 11:43 PM
...I can't get you full details, yet, but as he described him, it'd be enough to make your car JDM from the windshield forward.

that would be awesome....please let me know when you find out....or atleast post up all info..which i am sure you will..;)

Papa_Smurf
06-17-2007, 11:48 PM
lol i really want a b16 and a good cheap EF shell. Me and my dad really want to do another motor swap, and my ZC is too nice to replace. so i'm really just looking for another project.

And my name is Alan when i call you on Friday :goodjob:

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Hell, I might can get my hands on a whole hatch...

I don't know, I'll definitly let ya'll know what I come across. Just wanted to see what kind of interest would arise.

Papa_Smurf
06-17-2007, 11:55 PM
well you can defiantly see that there is alot of interest here!

Keep us posted w/ w/e info you get.

Black R
06-18-2007, 01:30 AM

I'd like this... only if it is affordable though.

bigdare23
06-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Hey Joker once you find out a price pm me and I'll tell you if its worth it or not.

When I said I had the hookup on JDM parts I mean I HAVE THE HOOKUP!!! Just ask Jfrolang how much he paid for his old frontend and how much he paid for his new frontend.......

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 06:51 AM
LoL, I know you've got the hookup, bro. And I'll be sourcing through you for my d15b for the rex (i believe)

Just throwing out another source. If I can help out the EF Squad, you can bet I will.

bigdare23
06-18-2007, 11:15 AM
LoL, I know you've got the hookup, bro. And I'll be sourcing through you for my d15b for the rex (i believe)

Just throwing out another source. If I can help out the EF Squad, you can bet I will.

{high fives}

Halfwit
06-18-2007, 06:38 PM
jdm parts fight ^

thepolecat
06-18-2007, 06:43 PM
I'll see what I can find...but mostly I'm hooking up EF'rs... Worst that could happen if they have one is I'd say call them up yourself and tell them I sent you, and you'll still get a deal...

it would be great if you could- thanks man

BTLFED
06-18-2007, 06:45 PM
You find a trailer Evasive and get who ever is getting what to pay for my gas and we can roll down there in the 4Runner. I love going on road trips. :D

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 07:06 PM
You find a trailer Evasive and get who ever is getting what to pay for my gas and we can roll down there in the 4Runner. I love going on road trips. :D
Spend a weekend. Get some chicks. Get some tang. WORD!!!!

My thought was steal Kyle's brother's F150. Throw a clip in the back. :)

Either or...I've got a 5x8 trailer that we could throw one, maybe two in. I'd say just get a uhaul car hauler and throw like 3-4 on it...if we get 3-4 inquiries.

BTLFED
06-18-2007, 07:23 PM
Spend a weekend. Get some chicks. Get some tang. WORD!!!!

My thought was steal Kyle's brother's F150. Throw a clip in the back. :)

Either or...I've got a 5x8 trailer that we could throw one, maybe two in. I'd say just get a uhaul car hauler and throw like 3-4 on it...if we get 3-4 inquiries.

Are these going to be just half cuts or are they going to have engines and trannys in them too?

Halfwit
06-18-2007, 07:26 PM
i heard they come with built k series. dibs.

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 07:36 PM
I heard they come with d-series turbos done by mainstream. Cuz mainstream is the ONLY place I would recommend...

**giggle giggle**

Rumor has it, they'll come with b16's...it's the full front-cut according him. But...again...don't quote me til I get an actual price and all that for ya'll. But he said they were the full halfs just sitting around the shop....

bigdare23
06-18-2007, 09:07 PM
{ Hmmmm should BigDare make another JDM tyte rex........ naaaawwwww}

bigdare23
06-18-2007, 09:08 PM
{ Hmmmm should BigDare make another JDM tyte rex........ naaaawwwww}

Just fyi if the halfcuts (with motor) are less than $2500 then that's a decent deal.

EvasiveEF9
06-19-2007, 09:10 PM
OK uh...ya'll are gonna shit yourselves.

PLEASE...serious buyers ONLY...

Halfcut will include:
Engine, tranny, and EVERYTHING from the dash forward. There are CRx's and Civic hatches available. As of right now, I don't know that any sedans are available...

Asking price? He's looking to get about 1500-1600 per piece. BTLFED and I have talked about going down there to get 3-4 of them (or however many we can get our hands on) If enough people throw up interest, maybe we'll make two trips...cuz I kinda want one, and I know I'm not alone.

Anyways, please post SERIOUS buyers only. The date for going down there would probably be mid to late July, and 3/4 payment will be expected before we even go down to get the halfcuts. We'll probably return about 5 days later with all the halfcuts.

Post up if you're serious about buying...

Oh...also, if you want a FULL JDM CRx or Hatch...4500$ is the asking price...

Papa_Smurf
06-19-2007, 09:15 PM
so 1500-1600 for the half cuts w/ JDM b16's, right?

i'll defiantly have to take this into consideration. Could be the start of a new EF project.

EvasiveEF9
06-19-2007, 09:30 PM
My thought exactly...especially seeing as I eyed another hatch...

(no worries casey...I'm still in desire of your rex)

bigdare23
06-20-2007, 12:09 AM
That's the hookup for real Seriously!!! If you just want the motor, you can sell off everything else and bam you got all your money back (or visa versa)! Good deal and I might just cop one cuz I wanna do a jdm hatch now....... :ninja:

bigdare23
06-20-2007, 12:09 AM
That's the hookup for real Seriously!!! If you just want the motor, you can sell off everything else and bam you got all your money back (or visa versa)! Good deal and I might just cop one cuz I wanna do a jdm hatch now....... :ninja:

Fuck it I might just buy a damn car.....

Black R
06-20-2007, 04:18 AM
i don't want the motor though - just the front end sheetmetal... will i be able to purchase that?

Black R
06-20-2007, 04:19 AM
actually, the 1pc headlights and front end off of a jdm 4dr ef would be ideal for me imho.....!

EvasiveEF9
06-20-2007, 07:26 AM
BlackR, not sure I can get the 4dr stuff...we'll see. I think they come in full halfcuts. However, I'd be willing to drag it up here, pull the engine and sell you just the body panels, or rest of it, or whatever you wanna call it... We'd work out a deal if that's all you wanted, or keep the engine and sell it yourself. Either or.

Dare, let me know, bro.

This evening, I'm gonna update my ORIGINAL POST with who wants what so I can go ahead and see who the serious interest lies in, and we'll get started from there.

EvasiveEF9
06-21-2007, 06:27 AM
Post up...anyone else?

EvasiveEF9
06-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Alright, he's got two hatch halfs, and one rex half. Who wants what...serious buyers only... 3/4 deposit will be expected before I go down for these...and I'll probably go somewhere about 1/2 of the way through July

Papa_Smurf
06-23-2007, 04:31 PM
what motor?

EvasiveEF9
06-23-2007, 05:00 PM
One has a b16, one has...fuck.

Let me get back to you. I think it's a d16, and another is a ZC...but I don't wanna be wrong. I know one's got the b16...

Papa_Smurf
06-23-2007, 05:06 PM
if they're the same price, then B16>ZC for sure.

My stock ZC only put up like 116hp 102tq. I dont think there was a stock b16 there, but i think the lowest hp for a b16 was sumwhere around 140-145 if i'm not mistaken.

You shouldn't have left so early, i wanted to see what ur car had. I dont think i ever even saw you pop the hood :(

EvasiveEF9
06-23-2007, 05:29 PM
Haha, I keep it closed for two reasons.

1) It's just a stock LS motor. Aside from being an OBD1 conversion B-series in an EF with an adjustable fuel press regulator for emissions purposes...it's nothing special.
2) My hood release cable was annhiliated about 4 years ago when a tire detreaded itself at about 95mph wrapping my fender inside out and up over the hood...hence how I ended up with the Z3's. When that happened, I never put the cable back in. I bought one...just...never made it in. When I bring home a halfcut, I'll probably take one from it. So it's kinda a bitch to open for now, though.

That and it's not ALL that pretty under the hood. It's converted and everything, it's all hooked up...but I've got loose wires everywhere. Give me a couple months. I'm trying to get my hands on a CRx to drop my D15B2 in, and cruise in it while the civic hatch gets COMPLETELY disassembled and painted and re-done. It'll all be cleaned up, then. I won't have converted to LSVTEC, yet...but it'll look cleaner.

For now, just check it tomorrow in the mountains. The mountains is where the 1.8L will show it's potential over the 1.6L just due to torque. I can jump the hole quicker than the 1.6. Highway is where the 1.6 was meant for. You'd eat me alive out there.

Anyways, back on topic. As for the ZC half vs. the Si half, or whatever the case may be...I'm waiting to get a full inventory on what the dude's got down there. I'll probably price the Si differently from the ZC, or just offer all pieces seperate (IE: JDM front OR B16 motor....etc)

I need to get a hold of him like...tonight.

Whiteboy™
06-25-2007, 02:43 PM
all this talk of trailers. my buddy has one that he rents out, send me a PM if you want to know more. i would easily hold 3-4 cuts

uproot
06-25-2007, 09:38 PM
to answer your original question, i do. I really want to be JDM.

EvasiveEF9
06-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Was supposed to meet with the guy today, and it fell through. Hopefully him and I will meet tomorrow...