PDA

View Full Version : s13 SR20DET Rebuild

sullen
06-17-2007, 04:28 PM
I need a S13 SR20DET head

someone let me know for the love of god! nobody around here wants to sell just the head. everyone wants to unload an entire motor set. fuck that.

thinking questions:

1. can i use a non turbo SR20DE head on the turbo application?
2. are the cams the same from the turbo and the non turbo SR20's?
3. would a FWD SR20 head fit the RWD engine or would the oil galleries be misaligned?
4. would it be worth while to piece all of this stuff together or should i just buy another motor and have some spare parts?
5. where can i go about getting a head for my motor?

Benefit
06-17-2007, 04:29 PM
cant use the sr20de head....cams are the same (i think)....get on www.zilvia.net (http://www.zilvia.net) FS Section. if you do buy a head, make sure you get the cam caps with it, they are engine specific.

sullen
06-17-2007, 04:31 PM
damn that was a quick reply. i just posted that like 2 minutes ago. how much would i be looking at for just a head. i need the entire head package.

Benefit
06-17-2007, 04:32 PM
200-400$ for a head. but like i said , make sure you get cam caps with it.

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=145740&highlight=head

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=147175&highlight=head

a whole long block for 500$

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=146896&highlight=head

sullen
06-17-2007, 04:36 PM
yea, are there any shops in suwanee? i am in acworth. im just kind of hesitant about buying a head that i can't look at. i did that with the motor, but they seller never honored the warantee. they straight up fucked me.

Benefit
06-17-2007, 04:38 PM
whats wrong with your head? why do you need another one?

sullen
06-17-2007, 04:46 PM
i bought it from enginelandinc.com and they gave me a 30 day warantee. but it didn't work right. so i started getting into it. i found out that there was no oil going to the turbo, those lines were dry, and no new oil to the head. i had dumped all the new oil and stabilizers in there. so i took the valve cover off. i found out that the exhaust cam had spun from the timing gear. the locating stud in the cam that goes into the gear had sheared in half. the exhaust cam had peeled back at that same end like a banana. so i got those things out. the cam caps on the exhaust cam had been gouged out. once the cam came out, same thing underneath for those journals. then upon closer inspection, the oil galleries going to the exhaust cam on 3 of 4 of the journals, those things had been drilled out, no little pinholes there, just big recesses and sharp angles. no oil. so i deduced the oil pump is bad... and fucked everything up in turn.

Benefit
06-17-2007, 04:51 PM
that sounds like a horror story, any pictures? and yes sounds like a dead oil pump....just get on zilvia and buy a new head. you will have to take the head off , and the upper oil pan to change the oil pump. heads are cheap...oil pumps run from 200-250$ how long did you run the engine for? bearings could have been damaged also..

sullen
06-17-2007, 04:55 PM
whats your email address. i have pictures in my email. it probably ruined the bearings. it ran for a few minutes then lost the compression. i imagine thats when the cam fucked up, and everything spiraled downhill. and i need to find a job to make some money. but nobody wants to hire me with a felony. stupid fucking campus cop arrested me for a pocket knife. i wasnt even a student.

Benefit
06-17-2007, 05:00 PM
how old are you?? my e-mail is [email protected] .....

sullen
06-17-2007, 05:01 PM
19..... nice way to start off a fucked up life. isnt it?

Benefit
06-17-2007, 05:03 PM
eh not really, alot of people have good jobs, its not about the past , do what you can in the present...

sullen
06-17-2007, 05:04 PM
i thought i had some pictures in there. i used to. ill go home and get some in a minute. ill have them posted in like 30 minutes for you. sorry. i've already got everything apart. turbo is blown, way too much shaft play for a rebuild.

Benefit
06-17-2007, 05:06 PM
well yea if oil pump is dead and turbo isnt getting oiled...t25's are cheap , like 100 bux...or its a good time to upgrade to a s15 t28...i think just buy a longblock and a t25, put your intake and exhaust mani's on and drop it in...

sullen
06-17-2007, 06:21 PM
ok sorry, my parents went off on me. its fathers day, so they wanted me to be there. ell at home, comcast doesn't work with vista right now. pos. and i took the pictures on my cell phone and e mailed them to myself, but they're nbot in my inbox yet. so right now im sitting in a parking lot using wifi. but ill get those pictures to you.

TRDwasiq
06-17-2007, 06:23 PM
Shut up^^^ benefit has a spare sr20det head idk why he is not tellin u that

sullen
06-17-2007, 06:33 PM
yea, right. how much? i need that shit...

Benefit
06-17-2007, 06:37 PM
lol i dont...my head is off right now because i spun a bearing...then got the car running but forgot to tighten a rod cap nut...so had to pull it again. waiting on a headgasket...

sullen
06-17-2007, 06:40 PM
damn. my battery is almost dead. im still in the wifi area. hah. im gonna have to go home ina few and charge this bitch back up again. so know anyone with a good head? i still need that thing. if so, lemme know. oh and btw, when the email comes through, its gonna be from [email protected]

TRDwasiq
06-17-2007, 06:43 PM
goodhead??

Benefit
06-17-2007, 06:46 PM
www.zilvia.net (http://www.zilvia.net)