PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get transmission parts?

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Looking for B-series gears and synchros and such...not even SURE where to look for tranny stuff...

EmminoDaGreat
06-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Gear-speed or Honda OEM.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 03:54 PM
I'd like to find better than OEM if that's possible or worth the money. Not sure. All I know is that I ran AutoX this morning, and I'm not happy with how slow it wanted me to shift from 1st to 2nd, and my second gear (ls tranny) is a little too long for autox.

So the questions for the gearing is what to do...replace final drive, or replace second gear? This is an LS tranny that is a DD with a relatively good amount of highway driving, autocross now and again just for fun pushed by a currently stock B18LS motor OBD1. Tranny NEEDS to be rebuilt, anyways, so I may as well do it right while I'm in there.

EmminoDaGreat
06-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Get another b-series second gear, like a b16 they are shorter and just put it in. They all fit. As for performance synchros gearspeed does carbon coated ones.

Kyle
06-17-2007, 04:03 PM
Yeah you need tranny stuff. You prob. could have came in third in your race if your tranny was better.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 04:15 PM
LoL, it's not like 3rd would have been that much better than 4th...it's just novice class. Placing doesn't really matter much to me...I just know that I was getting continuously better in my times across all 4 runs, and that fourth run could have been better if the tranny didn't keep kicking itself outta gear...causing me to keep having to go back to 1st. In autocross...2hands on the wheels...so I wasn't exactly able to hold it in 2nd gear. But what gets me is it's NEVER given me that much crap...

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 04:16 PM
Gear-speed or Honda OEM.
Repped, BTW.

StraightSix
06-17-2007, 11:08 PM
That sounds more like a synchro problem more than anything else. The thing you'll notice when you auto-x is that as your skills develop you may not really need the gear that you think you need.

Another thing to consider is that the transmission ratio change may move into a different class. For instance, my car, a '90 Civic hatch standard, is not eligable for the stock class because of the transmission (Si 5 spd) and wheel size (15 in).

Just my $.02.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:13 PM
yeah, it's pretty much ridiculous what can change your class...

But the civic, I don't really care what class IT ends up in. It's just the daily driver that I toy around with on the track...

Can't wait to get the synchros done, though...