PDA

View Full Version : Just returned from my AutoCross race

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Was held at Turner this morning. I ran 2nd heat.

Ground the shit outta my gears on my fourth go-round. Bad/Worn synchros FTL.

My car did fairly well seeing as it was my first time out. I was placed in Novice class. I THINK I ran 4th in my class. I SHOULD have had third with my 4th run (I've been told) but my tranny wouldn't stay in gear. Not sure why, yet... On the way home, I realized my axle had been destroyed. I can hardly accelerate without the car rattling and hearing the sound of metal clanking. Lucky me I've got an extra set here at the house.

Anyways, I'll post times/position when I get the final results. I'm not happy, though...I need a shorter 2nd gear. 1st wasn't quick enough, and by the time second gear was hitting the powerband, it would be time to break and turn.

Anyways, just thought I'd share :bannana:

Halfwit
06-17-2007, 03:34 PM
SWEET. ur on ls tranny right?

b16! that should serve your purpose right?

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 03:39 PM
LoL, yes, I considered the b16 si tranny...cuz I DO want LSD, as well. The only problem is this is in the civic, and the civic will only see occasional days at the track after I get that rex. Otherwise, the civic is my DD including highway time up to Dahlonega for school...so I like the long gears for gas mileage.

What I may do is take this other LS tranny, pull it apart, replace ALL the synchros (semi-metallic, or whatever to allow quicker shifting) replace the bushing in the shifter, and use an Si 2nd/3rd gear, and keep everything else LS. It's just time and money... Don't know if I'll do LSD for it, though. Probably will save that for the rex.

bigdare23
06-18-2007, 02:46 PM
Man those z3 fenders really make u fly! LOL

That should be your trademark!

J/k

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Man those z3 fenders really make u fly! LOL

That should be your trademark!

J/k
I've got another trademark in mind. Kyle, Joey, and Chris know it. :)

Apparently someone had the idea before me a long time ago...that's all I'm gonna say.

But no, really, I mean, I don't wanna brag, but the Z3's really keep my alignment straight with the aerodynamics at about 10-20mph, but after that, they don't do much. I also think I would have run better if I'd changed to lighter-weight light bulbs in my turn signals.

Halfwit
06-18-2007, 07:28 PM
its not the trademark that i know about?

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 07:37 PM
its not the trademark that i know about?
No no no...that's my stamp after I've had my way with the drunken passed out girl...

LoL. No no...not THAT trademark. THAT I'm looking to pass to a couple people..and we'll be our own little group for the track.

The trademark I"m talking about has something to do with OLDSKOOL BMW...but I didn't know that until after I'd had my marks on my car for a couple months...

Black R
06-18-2007, 11:06 PM
fuck fuck fuck i missed that last event somehow. :(

but my hoosiers are corded anyway, so I guess I'll see you at the next one. :/

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 11:11 PM
Hopin' so. Worst case scenario, we can meet at the EFMeet. We'll get in touch more about when the next events are and crap.