PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Accord VS G35... which should I get...?

DarkPrince10
06-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Aite so Now I got a choice... a G35 or a Accord...I dont know much about the G35, except when I drove one it felt like a multiple orgasim.... than there is the Accord... a nice comfy car with a MUCH better MPG. The car I get I plan on keeping for a looong time, and now, well, I want that will last...my brain says Accord, the speed freak inside me says get the G35...

what are you alls opinions on the cars?

an0therh22
06-16-2007, 11:11 AM
those 2 cars are in completely different classes and shouldnt even be in the same poll.

LeX
06-16-2007, 11:17 AM
I voted for the G35.... just because hands down would be my decision in your place but depends on how much you care about the speed. IN reality the G35 isnt that much faster so if you plan on keeping the cars stock the Accord would be just as fulfilling. If you wanted to mod it out a lot, the G35 would definitely be a better choice

jr4mny
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
easy decision...G35!! hands down.

blackshine007
06-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Well, if you brake the 2 cars down, in the end, the Accord wins. Here's why. When it comes to gas mileage, V6 or 4 banger, The Accord wins by a long shot. Space, Again, the accord, but the G35 isn't no slouch either. 4 door or 2 door. The accord is a very comfortable car, handles surprisingly well. When it comes to aftermarket support, the cars are about equal. RWD>FWD, but insurance ownz the Infiniti, but unless you like paying car payment like insurance payments, keep the Infiniti. Maintenence, again, in Accord's favor, unless you like paying alot of money to maintain your G. In the end, I would stick with the Accord. G35's are just plain sexy, but a little pricy and aren't worth it if you are on a slight budget

The Youngn
06-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Well, if you brake the 2 cars down, in the end, the Accord wins. Here's why. When it comes to gas mileage, V6 or 4 banger, The Accord wins by a long shot. Space, Again, the accord, but the G35 isn't no slouch either. 4 door or 2 door. The accord is a very comfortable car, handles surprisingly well. When it comes to aftermarket support, the cars are about equal. RWD>FWD, but insurance ownz the Infiniti, but unless you like paying car payment like insurance payments, keep the Infiniti. Maintenence, again, in Accord's favor, unless you like paying alot of money to maintain your G. In the end, I would stick with the Accord. G35's are just plain sexy, but a little pricy and aren't worth it if you are on a slight budget
There is an Accord V6 and i would assume that if he was comparing an accord to a G35 it would mean he was looking at a V6. And the G35 was rated Least deadly car on the road....which mean the insurance would be lower than what you are thinking

G35 hands down from me....its the obvious choice and no need to even ask

Kevykev
06-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I don't think i will ever see those two options in a Comparo again in life!

QX56tech
06-16-2007, 01:20 PM
No comparison!!!! G35 lol

Frög
06-16-2007, 02:24 PM
g35.. duh..

tony
06-16-2007, 02:24 PM
Insurance on my G35 was 900 for six months, G >Accord by a long shot, trust me

DarkPrince10
06-17-2007, 09:39 AM
haha thanks for the help guys!!!! I think I will end up with the G35... :D:D:D

Im young... I need speed... I got time later for a accord :D

w3bcod3r
06-17-2007, 10:44 AM
wtf? was that a serious question?

PawnShopCEO
06-17-2007, 11:06 AM
this was like a ... hmm what should i get.. a minivan for a porsche 911

Julio
06-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I have an 07 V6 accord and although I will admit the g35 has more power, looks better... but then what else?

Is more expensive, burns more gas, re-sale value compared to Accords sucks and then what ? At the end of the day is a nissan...

v6 accord has all the bells & whistles..... ??

In reality, there not that far a part if we look at it as regular consumers and not with modifying on our minds......

Im just talking as a regular consumer yall...

Because when it comes to modifying the car.. g35 all way...

regular consumer v6 Accord all the way...

Alot of people get g35 because it makes them feel maybe BETTER then the Joe blow driving a corolla or something...
But in reality, g35's value is rather cheap now a days.
Anyone with a yearly income of 25 k to 30k a year and decent credit can Own a used one, EASY.

:goodjob:

BTLFED
06-17-2007, 11:11 AM
This is the dumbest comparison evar.

IndianStig
06-17-2007, 11:20 AM
GET A YUGO.......

MORE OBVIOIUS COMPARO WOULD BE THE G35 AND NEW 3 OR THE ACCORD AND NEW ALTIMA.

3 SERIES ftw AND ALTIMA ftw

BTW, IF YOU'RE SERIOUS, G35, vq=SEX

bigdare23
06-17-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm felling the hybrid accord (due to the amount of power it makes as a hybrid)

G35>Accord in this case

1SICKLEX
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Accord has a much superior interior. Otherwise, G35c for me. RWD, VQ, beautiful looks.
http://www.my-car-picture.com/image-files/03-accord-coupe576.jpg
http://www.nissannews.com/images_kam/bigprod_images/06_g35SC.jpg

joesblk_teg
06-17-2007, 08:11 PM
I have an 07 V6 accord and although I will admit the g35 has more power, looks better... but then what else?

Is more expensive, burns more gas, re-sale value compared to Accords sucks and then what ? At the end of the day is a nissan...

v6 accord has all the bells & whistles..... ??

In reality, there not that far a part if we look at it as regular consumers and not with modifying on our minds......

Im just talking as a regular consumer yall...

Because when it comes to modifying the car.. g35 all way...

regular consumer v6 Accord all the way...

Alot of people get g35 because it makes them feel maybe BETTER then the Joe blow driving a corolla or something...
But in reality, g35's value is rather cheap now a days.
Anyone with a yearly income of 25 k to 30k a year and decent credit can Own a used one, EASY.

:goodjob:

Agreed +1

Benefit
06-17-2007, 08:19 PM
G35, don't be stupid.

_Christian_
06-17-2007, 08:24 PM
there should be no dilemma

BlkCD5
06-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Decide on what you'll be using the car for!!! If you're more consumer oriented, get the accord. It has enough power, better gas mileage and doesn't look that bad. If you choose it over a G35, get the navigation and all options. I know this is off topic, but what about a Acura CL-s?? Btw is this going to be your only car??

DieselNuts
06-18-2007, 11:10 AM
There is a possibility that my G will be for sale. Let me know what car you decide on...

yumyumdimsum
06-19-2007, 08:40 PM
get the g35...i had a 03 accord 6 speed....nice car but limited to mods

The Yousef
06-21-2007, 12:15 AM
those 2 cars are in completely different classes and shouldnt even be in the same poll.

what he said...

DarkPrince10
06-21-2007, 12:50 AM
well, I decided if I got any of the 2, I would have to be working full time to pay it off :-p(with school it would be a bitch and a half) Kind of off my price range now since my work hours got cut in half...
My sights are set MUCH lower now :( but in about a year when I got it saved up Ill be going for the 06 models :-D
I can link anyone who wants to see the one I wanted to get, it was like 17,000 with 70k on it...

thanks a lot for your input. It helped knocked the Accord out of the water.

goddamn I cant wait to own one of them...

DUBSf22c
06-21-2007, 03:22 AM
this is a joke!

spoon91
06-21-2007, 04:58 AM
This is My Wife's '03.

BlkCD5
06-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Its good that you thought about the purchase in the long term, which most don't. They either end up in a bind or get tired of the car and sell it, in which their money went down the drain.

Craigers2k
06-21-2007, 12:00 PM
G35

AnthonyF
06-22-2007, 09:13 AM
why is this a ?

an accord of a fuckin infiniti??

no i'm not one for settleing. if i got a g35 it would have to be loaded, meaning almost all options and the Brembo Brakes. I couldn't spend the money for a G and get some basic ass model.

but heres an idea....why don't u change ur options. Get something else cheaper, just a nice and mod it. Have a car you can afford and play with at the same time.

ATK_Designs
06-22-2007, 09:28 AM
why is this a ?

an accord of a fuckin infiniti??

no i'm not one for settleing. if i got a g35 it would have to be loaded, meaning almost all options and the Brembo Brakes. I couldn't spend the money for a G and get some basic ass model.

but heres an idea....why don't u change ur options. Get something else cheaper, just a nice and mod it. Have a car you can afford and play with at the same time.

If I have to do it over again, I'll get the basic models.

Because I don't need wheels, nav, brembos, etc. All those are going to be changed out anyways. So the more I save, the better I'll be off.

AnthonyF
06-22-2007, 09:42 AM
then ur going to buy a slow ass over priced 350z. thats all you will be getting. Might as well get something for ur money.

u mentioned SAVE....dont buy a G then. the resale is horrible if your going to keep it for a long time. If u break something it'll cost an arm and a leg if ur not super rich (if u were u'd buy a ferrari or sumthing)

chinitoxamor
06-22-2007, 10:01 AM
i vote accord.. my opinion.. interior,mpg,alot of aftermarket parts.. i drive a 99 accord right now.. im hoping to switch in for a 06 or 07 soon.. either that or ill just get a 350z.. the g35 is nice.. but im not a fan of it unless its widebody.. speedfreak.. hott but just not my taste.. i like the 350z better

chinitoxamor
06-22-2007, 10:03 AM
This is My Wife's '03.

hott wife hahaha ;] i would babie it

ATK_Designs
06-22-2007, 10:14 AM
then ur going to buy a slow ass over priced 350z. thats all you will be getting. Might as well get something for ur money.

u mentioned SAVE....dont buy a G then. the resale is horrible if your going to keep it for a long time. If u break something it'll cost an arm and a leg if ur not super rich (if u were u'd buy a ferrari or sumthing)

you misunderstood my point.

Reason I didn't want them is because:

Nav - Will change out for DD HU with aftermarket NAV
Wheels - Change out for 19" staggered setup
Brembo - Change out for BBK
Seat - Change out for Bride racing seats
HID option - Change out for 06 (I think only available on first gen 03, 03.5 and later, HID came as standard).

Well, that's what I did on my car, so if I can save couple bucks here and there by choosing the standard package, it can use that money toward the upgrade.

But like I said, playing with the G35 is very expensive. $20K into my car and I still want a lot more. Modding the G is VERY VERY Addicting

Unless you have a beater or the $$, my vote goes to the accord if it's your DD - Cheaper to play with, you get good gas milage, comfort, etc. :goodjob:

After getting the G and mod it, you just don't want to drive it daily anymore. ;)

dLux636
06-23-2007, 10:47 PM
thing, G35 RWD=fun accordFWD=lame

takume
06-25-2007, 09:26 AM
I know most people would say G35, and it is a good looking car with superior power. However, the interior is really UGLY.
I would buy Honda just because accord is more all around than a G35 IMO.

MaRk2k
06-25-2007, 10:45 AM
This is My Wife's '03.

damn that shit is badass

Jkuao
06-25-2007, 11:47 PM
There is an Accord V6 and i would assume that if he was comparing an accord to a G35 it would mean he was looking at a V6. And the G35 was rated Least deadly car on the road....which mean the insurance would be lower than what you are thinking

G35 hands down from me....its the obvious choice and no need to even ask

G sedan was rated as one of the safest. Coupe was not but the 350Z was rated one of the deadliest. I would say the G coupe splits the difference. IMO the spectrum is due to the types of drivers the car tends to attract. G coupe insurance isn't going to be cheap but some people on this forum seem to think paying 3k per year is reasonable.

Buying a G to modify is hardly a great idea. If you get a new one, voiding the warranty is stupid. If you're doing stereo, you're making the car a target when it was far lower profile than any Honda/Acuras. Brembos were only available on the early ones and short of expensive pads its all bling factor. Aftermarkets are much nicer. To be honest the flaw behind modding is also the case w/ the Accord but the additional cost of the G makes it much more expensive.

It comes down to what you want. If you have a big 5 figure modding budget on top of buying the car, then why not get the G. If its a car that you can sell at 200k for a decent amount of money and leave stock, the Accord is a safer bet. If you're actually concerned about gas mileage...the G may not be for you. I don't get much above 23 w/ premium on my sedan which is a bit lighter than the coupe. Even doing a big roadtrip it barely creeps above 24.

AnclyT
06-29-2007, 12:49 PM
just get a lambo and call it a day