PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Help with MSD injectors

Professor X
06-15-2007, 07:06 PM
I have a b16a2 engine and I want to install 50lb MSD injectors. I would like to use my stock fuel rail but some modification is needed due to the difference in size of the MSD injectors. I would like those who have installed these into a Honda engine to please offer thoughts. If I can't use my fuel rail, that's fine. I would rather be sure before buying something prematurely.
Thanks
Tony

green91
06-15-2007, 07:16 PM
Not that there is anything wrong with MSD injectors ( i really dont know much about them) but why not just use one of hte many injectors out there that are a direct fit?

Professor X
06-15-2007, 07:36 PM
That's where I am at this point. I am weighing my options. I purchased the MSD's from a friend without doing much research. I would rather purchase injectors that fit, but most aftermarket applications don't fit exactly correct so I am just testing the waters to see if it's better to keep what I have or sell them and get a direct bolt in. Thanks for your input!

green91
06-15-2007, 07:40 PM
i figured it was a good deal kinda situation, id check their value on ebay and seeing if you could come out ahead with a set of bolt-ins.. makes it alot easier, plus your fuel rail isnt hacked if u ever wanna put back in stockers

anothaRRR
06-17-2007, 08:33 AM
If they are the same size as the Holley injectors u should be able to have the rail bored out...I have a STR fuel rail that has been bored out if for Holley injectors, might be the same size, if your interested...

93H22ACX
06-17-2007, 09:21 AM
either get the rail from fonzo or you can get the injectors cut to size.

probably best to buy the rail :) :goodjob:

Professor X
06-17-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok, thanks. I'm going to check and see if the Holley Injectors share the same dimensions as the MSD's. BTW, Alpfonso, you have PM!