PDA

View Full Version : Clutch Issues LF Help

vTeC
06-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Last night I was getting off the interstate, stopped at a red light, and put my car in neutral as I normally do. The light turned green and I tried to put the car into first, but the clutch was very hard to press. It felt like my brake pedal. After trying a few more times, I put on my hazards and proceeded to check under the hood. All I could think was to check the fluid and see if I could see the slave cylinder moving. I couldn't remove the boot on it as the motor was pretty damn hot, so I sat for a few minutes with the car off, put it in 2nd and I could start the car back up and drive. I mashed the clutch in and it actually disengaged/engaged fine as I was going down the road but there was only about 1/2 inch of movement on the pedal and I could hear and feel the clutch grinding. It wasn't engaging fully at first, so I imagine it was spinning on the flywheel. I checked this morning and there are no leaks, fluid level is fine, and the clutch feels normal until I pump it about 10 times, then it starts getting stuck on the floor or only having a tiny bit of movement. I'm thinking it's either the slave or master cylinder since it looses pressure, but could this be the result of a broken prong inside the clutch or either the arm that goes from the slave cylinder inside the housing? I replaced the master cylinder/slave cylinder and clutch last year so it's not like any should be dying yet, so any input or help would be much appreciated

95 Acura Integra GSR.

vTeC
06-15-2007, 06:38 PM
Well just a follow up for anyone that has read this, I took the transmission off today, and as it was seperating from the motor, huge chunks of the clutch fell out. I took the clutch out and one side is completely gone. It apparently broke off in pieces (not wear) and is all over the transmission housing, so I took it back to where I bought it and it is being covered under warranty as a material defect.

Elite16
06-16-2007, 05:33 AM
Good. Sounds like a big defect lol glad you got it taken care of.