PDA

View Full Version : I dont get nascar fans

Extrememustang
06-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok remember when you were a kid and you collected posters and had matchbox cars and you would hang your posters on the wall of your favorite band or baseball player. Then you GREW up and got a decent place to live. You didn't put your old posters up anymore because well your an adult, so your posters of Ken griffey Jr, or the band nirvana or w/e just didnt have its place. THEN you have the nascar fans OMFG!!!!!!!! Posters, card board stand ups,pictures, SHRINES,clothes,hats,toy cars, and etc.All over the fucking place, so maybe Nascar ppl never grew up. No idea on that one. Also I would rather watch Lemans or something else, you know cxars that were made for this shit. I mean yay a fard 700hp taurus making all lefts. Shit if i ever pissed off a nascar driver then go ahead and try to catch me all I have to do is turn right.

Clegger
06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
if you like nascar and you live in Washington Oregon or California you are GAY I think its a east coast thing

Extrememustang
06-14-2007, 07:28 PM
I think its funny when black ppl like nascar.

TheGodfather
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Nascar seems predominently southern. I don't know many northerners who are into it at all.

Up north they have snow sports and in the south we have car racing.

Edit: and don't forget the south also has some great Civil War enactments that rewrite history. :goodjob:

OneSlow5pt0
06-14-2007, 07:40 PM
whats wrong with having stuff?i have tons of Braves,Bills, and GT stuff...

also i like NASCAR,Moto GP,Secca, and Le Mans

but i dont like F1 and Indy

ep9716
06-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Nascar To Me IMO=Waste Of Time..And They Cut Off Family Guy And American Dad To Put That Shit On.

Extrememustang
06-14-2007, 07:45 PM
And They Cut Off Family Guy To Put That Shit On.

OH NOESSSSSSSS

ep9716
06-14-2007, 10:06 PM
OH NOESSSSSSSS
The Shits Funny Mayne..LOL..

RutRoe
06-15-2007, 02:50 PM
Well NASCAR is an amazing sport... I know cause I travel with it every week. I work for SPEED and do fun stuff at the races every week.

Here's what I can tell you...it's a great, great sport, filled with great driver's, great people, and amazing fans.

It's hard to really explain what it is about NASCAR that makes it so cool, but it's way more than you can imagine. There's more technology and skill than you can possibly fathom.

But if you wonder why there's so much merch, it's because the fans really belive in supporting their "driver" to the extreme. Again, it's hard to wrap your mind around until you come to a race and see why it's so fun and why people love it so much.

But I've heard the turn left joke a million times... hell I think I made it a few years ago, but that was before I knew what I was talking about.

If you want to learn something about it, I'd be happy to give you some links so you can read up on the technical side of it...but just so you know, saying that the lemans cars are "set up for this" doesn't really make sense.

Cars are set up for different tracks and different racing styles. Period.

And it's about as intelligent of a statement for me to say "No mustang could ever compete on a track with any turns, cause all they can do well is haul ass in a straight line."

Crazy Asian
06-15-2007, 03:00 PM
I just like it when its on the last lap or something. Or when they all blow up and crash then I laugh cuz it's amazing on how much damage everything is doing.

civic95
06-15-2007, 03:26 PM
Well NASCAR is an amazing sport... I know cause I travel with it every week. I work for SPEED and do fun stuff at the races every week.

Here's what I can tell you...it's a great, great sport, filled with great driver's, great people, and amazing fans.

It's hard to really explain what it is about NASCAR that makes it so cool, but it's way more than you can imagine. There's more technology and skill than you can possibly fathom.

But if you wonder why there's so much merch, it's because the fans really belive in supporting their "driver" to the extreme. Again, it's hard to wrap your mind around until you come to a race and see why it's so fun and why people love it so much.

But I've heard the turn left joke a million times... hell I think I made it a few years ago, but that was before I knew what I was talking about.

If you want to learn something about it, I'd be happy to give you some links so you can read up on the technical side of it...but just so you know, saying that the lemans cars are "set up for this" doesn't really make sense.

Cars are set up for different tracks and different racing styles. Period.

And it's about as intelligent of a statement for me to say "No mustang could ever compete on a track with any turns, cause all they can do well is haul ass in a straight line."

I agree with Rutledge

And how are nascar fans different than any other fans? If you go to the mall how many people do you see wearing football/basketball jerseys? How many cars have GA Bulldog/GA Tech/TN (etc) license plates, flags clipped on the windows, bumper stickers, tow hitch covers, etc?

Lizbiz101
06-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I think its funny when black ppl like nascar. My dad used to race for NASCAR and he's black. He used to race a looooong time ago, when I was like 6 or 7 years old. He's still into NASCAR and has an organization for African Americans that are into it he also works for NASCAR.com. There are alot of black people that like NASCAR fyi. I just think things arn't how they used to be.

Check him out (http://www.ulterior.net/Les/)

Kamikaze
06-15-2007, 03:44 PM
I think its funny when black ppl like nascar.

It's even funnier when they beat you at your own sport. :lmfao:

Extrememustang
06-15-2007, 05:40 PM

Lol yea. Thats it beat white ppl at water polo or a cold sport like..............skiing.Lol

ep9716
06-15-2007, 06:41 PM

LMFAO REPS

RutRoe
06-15-2007, 06:48 PM
My dad used to race for NASCAR and he's black. He used to race a looooong time ago, when I was like 6 or 7 years old. He's still into NASCAR and has an organization for African Americans that are into it he also works for NASCAR.com. There are alot of black people that like NASCAR fyi. I just think things arn't how they used to be.

Check him out (http://www.ulterior.net/Les/)

That's awesome...

Lizbiz101
06-15-2007, 10:56 PM
That's awesome...Thanks!!!:D

Echonova
06-15-2007, 11:22 PM
If it involves 2 or more wheels and a motor I'm there, and yes until you go to a NASCAR event.... you don't get it. Atlanta and Bristol are my two favorite tracks.

chrisdavis
06-15-2007, 11:49 PM
If it involves 2 or more wheels and a motor I'm there, and yes until you go to a NASCAR event.... you don't get it. Atlanta and Bristol are my two favorite tracks.

Im not a big fan of Nascar but Bristol fucking rocks :D

Friggintitsman
06-15-2007, 11:50 PM
Soap box derby > NASCAR

RutRoe
06-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Soap box derby > NASCAR

Two things I'm sure you know nothing about....

And belive it or not, we built and raced soap box derby cars while I was in Daytona this year, for the NASCAR race.

I can assure you, you're incorrect, even though I'm sure you were just trying to be a smart ass.

Oh well.