PDA

View Full Version : London Attacked

The Ren
07-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Reported by ABCNEWS.COM
Explosions on Double-Decker Bus and in London's Subway System Cause Havoc As G-8 Gets Underway

LONDON Jul 7, 2005 — Several blasts rocked the London subway and at least one packed double-decker bus during the morning rush hour Thursday, police said, causing "terrible injuries" and prompting officials to shut down the entire underground transport network.

The near simultaneous explosions came a day after London was awarded the 2012 Olympics and as the G-8 summit was getting underway in Scotland. Initial reports blamed a power surge, but officials were not ruling out an intentional attack.

"There have been a number of dreadful incidents across London today," said Home Secretary Charles Clarke, Britain's top law enforcement officer. He said there were "terrible injuries."

Explosions Go Off on the London Subway
Iraq Extended Coverage
Official: Little Hope for Missing SEAL

One witness, Darren Hall, said some passengers emerging from an evacuated subway station had soot and blood on their faces. He told BBC TV that he was evacuated along with others near the major King's Cross station and only afterward heard a blast.

Sky News showed a picture of a mangled red bus; police said they suspected a bomb caused the explosion.

Police confirmed an explosion destroyed a double-decker bus at Russell Square in central London, and Dow Jones Newswires reported police reporting explosions on at least two others buses.

A witness at the Russell Square blast said the entire top deck of that bus was destroyed.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," Belinda Seabrook told Press Association, the British news agency.

She said the bus was packed with people.

"It was a massive explosion and there were papers and half a bus flying through the air," she said.

There was no immediate official comment from British Prime Minister Tony Blair, who was hosting the world's most powerful leaders at Gleneagles, Scotland. It was not clear if the G-8 gathering focusing on climate change and aid for Africa but from which Iraq has largely been left off the agenda would have to be postponed.

Police said incidents were reported at the Aldgate station near the Liverpool Street railway terminal, Edgware Road and King's Cross in north London, Old Street in the financial district and Russell Square in central London, near the British Museum.

The Yousef
07-07-2005, 07:12 AM
it's horrific...
2 confirmed dead....over 150 injured...my God have mercy on their souls and their families...

yousef

Brett
07-07-2005, 07:21 AM
And people still question the need for us to fight the war we are to stop terrorism.... This was done im sure by Al Quida because of them helping us in IRAQ

LaurenK
07-07-2005, 07:23 AM
I don't understand why everyone can't just leave in peace and be free...

4dmin
07-07-2005, 07:25 AM
god damn France must of grown some balls and got pissed :D

civic95
07-07-2005, 07:27 AM
I don't understand why everyone can't just leave in peace and be free...

It's called human instinct. People want to obtain power, control others, enforce what they beleive in, etc. That will never change.

4dmin
07-07-2005, 07:53 AM
just in they caught the people responsible for the london attacks..........................

\/

LaurenK
07-07-2005, 07:56 AM
I remember those little critters!

The Yousef
07-07-2005, 08:14 AM
I remember those little critters!

are you pondering what I'm pondering?

HEATON
07-07-2005, 08:32 AM
god damn France must of grown some balls and got pissed :D
LOL Thats what i was thinking after losin the Bid for the Olympics. When i was in Paris, i noticed 90% of the buildings had something bout 2012

Kristi
07-07-2005, 09:06 AM
its up to 40 dead and 300 hurt

that is sad

kilpatty43
07-07-2005, 09:26 AM
thats it...pull out the troops and nuke the bastards

Hulud
07-07-2005, 09:32 AM
i wouldnt be surprised if it was the French. They have now lost 3 bids for the olympics since 1992, and it was to the British.

Hulud
07-07-2005, 09:34 AM
40 killed 350 wounded so far

Hulud
07-07-2005, 09:35 AM
ok it wasnt the french it was the Secret Organization Group of al Qaeda of Jihad in Europe

Hulud
07-07-2005, 09:36 AM
story here (http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/07/explosions.claim/index.html)

chrisdavis
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
are you pondering what I'm pondering?

I think so. But where are we going to find two circus elephants and a cotton candy machine at this hour?

Hulud
07-07-2005, 09:42 AM
lol

Brett
07-07-2005, 09:43 AM
I think so. But where are we going to find two circus elephants and a cotton candy machine at this hour?

Funny you should ask that, I just so happen to have the exact things you need right here at the house..... But do you also want the one legged pig that can snort the star spangled banner as well?

5thgcelica
07-07-2005, 09:54 AM
wow. thats crazy

now maybe we'll get some REAL help in taking those bastards out

kilpatty43
07-07-2005, 10:07 AM
LOL Thats what i was thinking after losin the Bid for the Olympics. When i was in Paris, i noticed 90% of the buildings had something bout 2012
i dont think this had anything to do with the olympics...if you think about it...london just found out yesterday that they got the bid...that means that someone had to think this up and put it into action all before this morning...i dont think so...and i have a hard time believing that itd be set up just in case they got the bid...

HEATON
07-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Sar·casm:noun Pronounced:sär-'kaz-em
Meaning:
Sarcasm is sneering, jesting, or mocking a person, a situation or thing. It is often used in a humorous manner and sometimes expressed through particular vocal intonations. Sarcasm is often expressed in ironical statements. This is often done by simply over-emphasizing the actual statement, or particular words of it.
Origin:
The word comes from the late Latin word, sarcasmus, which, in turn, comes from the Greek sarkasmos, from sarkazein - to bite the lips in rage,- from sarx, sark-, flesh - the root word literally mean "to cut a piece of flesh (from the targeted person)."

I know..Im surprised they didnt blow up the tunnel that connects the mainland to England..

Spyder
07-07-2005, 11:47 AM
thats it...pull out the troops and nuke the bastards

Fuckin A this has been my feeling all along. turn the whole pile of kitty litter over there into glass. :king:

4dmin
07-07-2005, 12:00 PM
^ :werd: in the 100s of billions we are spending there we could of nuked them w/ a couple million dollar bomb... and the oil will still be there after the affect

Z33_kid
07-07-2005, 12:03 PM
^^^ yea true

HEATON
07-07-2005, 01:26 PM
Yes, but we dont needa another Hiroshima. We are tryin to BUILD a "culture" by putting a small group out of pwoer, not destroy everyone.

Spyder
07-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Yes, but we dont needa another Hiroshima. We are tryin to BUILD a "culture" by putting a small group out of pwoer, not destroy everyone.

who said we wanted to kill everyone....

ill give you waffle house if you nuke them for us :goodjob:

HEATON
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
NUKE....WMD..'MASS'...hmmm...

4dmin
07-07-2005, 01:34 PM
i look at it this way... look at japan they got 2 nukes and they now own more than 1/2 of the us ;)

Kevykev
07-07-2005, 01:36 PM
damn

verash
07-07-2005, 02:59 PM
This is for the ones saying we should 'nuke' Iraq. Statistically speaking, there is alot more violence occuring here in the U.S alone than the whole war against Terrorism.

Jaimecbr900
07-07-2005, 04:05 PM
As everyone knows by now, London was attacked by terrorists in retaliation for their help in the Iraq war. The reason why they chose London was because of the G8 Summit in nearby Scotland. They were trying to make a point.

To be perfectly honest, if I was in charge I would order total and direct profiling and weed out the terrorist cells. Forget politically correct. Forget "innocent" people getting pissed. If you have nothing to hide, there won't be anything found. Right? Right. People are dying simply because the bleeding heart politically correct liberal world wants to give EVERYONE, even if they quack like a duck/walk like a duck/and waddle like a duck, 16 strikes before they're out. I say screw that. You wanna deter someone from doing something to you??? Then they gotta be scared of the consequences. Terrorists aren't scared of the consequences right now. You gotta fight fire with even bigger fire.

I know that if a bomb was about to be dropped in my neighborhood because they thought a terrorist was hiding there.....I'd find that fucker myself and paint a big flourescent orange X on his back and tie him down to the middle of the street AWAY from MY shit and let him get what's coming to him.

You can't fight terrorism with politics. We'll always lose that way. We have the means to end things, but there are too many politically correct bastards waiting on a written invite to do it. I bet if a bomb got planted in THEIR front yard, they'd pull the trigger then. Chicken shits. Give me the big red button. I'll push it....peace out to all of them and their helpers.

Brett
07-07-2005, 04:11 PM
I know that if a bomb was about to be dropped in my neighborhood because they thought a terrorist was hiding there.....I'd find that fucker myself and paint a big flourescent orange X on his back and tie him down to the middle of the street AWAY from MY shit and let him get what's coming to him.

You can't fight terrorism with politics. We'll always lose that way. We have the means to end things, but there are too many politically correct bastards waiting on a written invite to do it. I bet if a bomb got planted in THEIR front yard, they'd pull the trigger then. Chicken shits. Give me the big red button. I'll push it....peace out to all of them and their helpers.

Exactly!! But god forbid we play by thier rules, if we did that we would have been in and out of IRAQ in months and Al Quida would be afraid to even think about the name UNITED STATES but we have to play by the world rules which will always cost us more lives then need to be lost

HEATON
07-07-2005, 05:20 PM
Yea Jamie kinda how we did in WWII. Verash your right EXCEPT.....NO! The reason we are having the war against TERRORISM is that TERRORISM has caused more casualties then anything in the world together. Shit son your rackin up all the shit points today.

verash
07-07-2005, 05:26 PM
if there was a shit point system, id be number 1 at something.

Jaimecbr900
07-07-2005, 05:31 PM
This is for the ones saying we should 'nuke' Iraq. Statistically speaking, there is alot more violence occuring here in the U.S alone than the whole war against Terrorism.

I didn't see this post before.

What "statistics" are those? Overall # of murders? Overall # of dead people?

That's comparing apples to yugos my friend.

Terrorisms faults cannot be measured merely in the casualty numbers. That would be far too short sighted. Terrorism has far reaching and deep ripple effects on everything from local to world economies to morale to actual deaths. Look at how the world has changed since 9/11. The world's economy has yet to fully recover.

So if you factor in the impact terrorism has on EVERYTHING it affects, it is by far one of the most devastating weapons every imagined my friend.

Look at the news tonight. Do you think that although tragic a store owner's senseless murder for $20 out of a cash register is going to impact as much as 4 bombs in London???? Not in this lifetime bud.

So, although 4 bombs killed 40 people in London today that doesn't mean that it only affected those 40 people alone. So, the impact and results of those 4 actions will affect MILLIONS of people in the months to come.

We have nothing to compare that to here domestically. Sorry, but if you wanna compare "stats" you have to compare similar things.

HiPSI
07-07-2005, 05:58 PM
my girlfriend just got back from london a week ago and rode those same subways basically every day for two weeks while there. that's a bit too much of a close call for my taste :(

Brett
07-07-2005, 05:59 PM
^^Glad she was there last week and not this week