PDA

View Full Version : Is this possible?

98cvcex
06-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Putting an automatic H22 into an automatic civic. I haven't heard of anyone doing but was wondering if it is possible.

dorin48
06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Anything's possible with enough money.

IDriveToast
06-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Lol, I dont think it fits. An automatic GS-R doesnt fit. And an auto h22 into an accord (using the h22 tranny) is hard lol. Lots of cutting and rewelding involved.

Benefit
06-14-2007, 12:43 AM
and why automatic???

Grimm Reeper
06-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Putting an automatic H22 into an automatic civic. I haven't heard of anyone doing but was wondering if it is possible.

It's possible cause I know a guy who has an EK with that motor in there, but it's manual. Anything can happen with cash in hand.

cactusEG
06-14-2007, 09:06 AM
fuck auto.. wast of money

GSRteg®
06-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Its possible just takes alot of time and money and why in the hell you would want an AUTO? :thinking: :lmfao:

98cvcex
06-14-2007, 04:09 PM
appreciate everyone's input. The reason for automatic is cause want to be little different than everyone. Right now my setup is a turboed automatic d series and don't know of anyone else with one.

IDriveToast
06-14-2007, 04:21 PM
I know a couple built motor, turbo, automatic d series. They eat transmissions for breakfast. Which is the reason 99% of people don't use automatics in import cars. The transmissions really don't hold the power.

At least with a manual you've got a chance of your clutch going out before having your transmission break.

And the Auto H22 will not fit into the civic without a LOT of cutting and welding. The transmission on the H22 is HUGE. There just isnt enough clearance space in the civic front end.

So, if you're thinking of going H22 then you'll need to go manual. Unless you have the time and money to get a ton of custom fab work done to the engine bay/frame/suspension.

Different is not always better.

98cvcex
06-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Converting is one my options. After talking to some shops, converting and building a D series is best option for $$$.

SloWRX
06-15-2007, 05:28 PM
Lol, I dont think it fits. An automatic GS-R doesnt fit. And an auto h22 into an accord (using the h22 tranny) is hard lol. Lots of cutting and rewelding involved.

there is no automatic GS-R...

IDriveToast
06-15-2007, 07:04 PM
Sure there is. Automatic tranny bolts right onto a GS-R. I've done it before :P

So don't try to correct people unless you know what you're talking about. B-series is B-series. Tranny bolts right up.

_Christian_
06-15-2007, 07:16 PM
appreciate everyone's input. The reason for automatic is cause want to be little different than everyone. Right now my setup is a turboed automatic d series and don't know of anyone else with one.

no one else has it because autos suck...:slap:

twinj
06-16-2007, 04:54 PM
I know a couple built motor, turbo, automatic d series. They eat transmissions for breakfast. Which is the reason 99% of people don't use automatics in import cars. The transmissions really don't hold the power.

At least with a manual you've got a chance of your clutch going out before having your transmission break.

And the Auto H22 will not fit into the civic without a LOT of cutting and welding. The transmission on the H22 is HUGE. There just isnt enough clearance space in the civic front end.

So, if you're thinking of going H22 then you'll need to go manual. Unless you have the time and money to get a ton of custom fab work done to the engine bay/frame/suspension.
Could not have been said better.
Different is not always better.

there is no automatic GS-R....
yes there are. Plenty just not in very high demand

Frög
06-16-2007, 04:57 PM
no one else has it because autos suck...:slap:

so true..