PDA

View Full Version : Random GOT LUG NUTS??

BABY J
06-13-2007, 02:25 PM
http://www.teamjamoto.com/dixeregionpage.htm#v8301600

* discuss *

Benefit
06-13-2007, 02:44 PM
wtF????

Doppelgänger
06-13-2007, 03:02 PM
retard... this forum is for talking about In Car Entertainment... like putting video monitors in a car... not videos on the web lol. Besides, there is already a post in the Pics&Vid section.

BABY J
06-13-2007, 03:10 PM
My bad - workin from my phone - so I hit the wrong forum. ;)

speedminded
06-13-2007, 03:29 PM
In before it gets moved and i never find it!

Ok, i don't feel like searching the mazda forums for the story...i see lugs so what's the deal -- were they glued to the wheel and they forgot to spin them with an impact or what? If there were no lugs on at all i can't even imagine rolling the car more than a car length without feeling it. believe me, i've pushed or moved cars withe the lugs touching but not torqued and you CAN feel it. I just thought it was something broken in the suspension until it realized i could hand tighten the lugs...

watched it again, someone walks up and sets the lugs at each hub so that tells me someone forgot them...i don't foresee someone being able to locate all 20 of them that fast if they were indeed on the stud at all. :dunno:

Doppelgänger
06-13-2007, 03:51 PM
My bad - workin from my phone - so I hit the wrong forum. ;)i was being friendly btw.. hence the 'lol' in my previous post :)

Yeah, the forum has me a little goofed up too.

BABY J
06-13-2007, 04:01 PM
LOL @ the emergency brake being up - "no worries buddy, I'm sure it's not going anywhere." LMAO!!

StraightSix
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
One of the Clemson guys dug this up:

Originally Posted by go_speed_go View Post NASIOC
Hello all,

I was at the event and know the guy who owns the car. (No it wasn't me)

I was in the paddock area next to him changing wheels at the same time as him. I watched him torque all of them. I even borrowed his torque wrench to tighten mine (I always forget something after I get on the road).

He went to a wheel/tire business and asked for spline drive lug nuts for his particular make/model/year car for the Enkeis, and that's what they gave him. He did not purchase the tires or wheels from them, just the lug nuts.

The lug nuts where sheared off the studs. Several members lifted a corner of the car to slide a jack underneath it. With a few more jacks, blocks of wood, etc, they were able to mount the stock wheels and stock lugs nuts (at least 3 per wheel) back on, torque them and drive the car off course. The design of the car, possilbly for aerodynamics, tucks all mechanicals on the underside a little higher than the body line, or lowest part of the brake rotors. Not even the exhaust was really scratched.

I'm not a mechanic, but the mechanics theories there was that the lug nuts where the incorrect size, but they were just small enough to grip the outer edge of the threads (as I mentioned, they torqued to 75-80 ft/lbs without complaint).

Hopefully, the only damage is to the body and brakes.

Bballjamal
06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Wow, that would trip me out!

aaronfelipe
06-13-2007, 08:22 PM
L O L!!!

BanginJimmy
06-14-2007, 04:32 AM
no way in hell you get 30lbs of torque on a too large lug nut, not to mention 70-80 so I'm going to call BS on that one.

and now that I watched the video I know for damn sure it wasnt just a too large lug nut. They didnt let loose on the launch or the first couple of turns. They were ptobably hand tight and just spun off. Even thats pretty unlikely though considering 3 came off at the same time.

speedminded
06-14-2007, 08:27 AM
no way in hell you get 30lbs of torque on a too large lug nut, not to mention 70-80 so I'm going to call BS on that one.

and now that I watched the video I know for damn sure it wasnt just a too large lug nut. They didnt let loose on the launch or the first couple of turns. They were ptobably hand tight and just spun off. Even thats pretty unlikely though considering 3 came off at the same time.+++ for you!

...but all 4 came off didn't they? I seriously doubt they could be torqued to spec and even then how on earth could all 5 on each wheel come off...20 lug nuts!!! There is no way. :no:

Glides
06-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Yea it's a weird movie. All 20 to come off at the same precise time and not on the launch or the first 2 turns is some bad luck for that guy. He needs to stop touching children or whatever fucked up stuff he is into so the Karma Dragon doesn't rear up and bite him in the ass again.

AnthonyF
06-14-2007, 10:09 AM
i no see video. :(