PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Prelude SH VS Integra GSR

my97lude
06-13-2007, 12:22 PM
Alright guys, i want to get everyones opinion on this. What car would you guys rather have a 97-01 Prelude Type SH (Active Torque Transfer System) or the 98-01 Integra Gsr. In your opinion whats an all around better car? What looks better, what would handle better, whats quicker, etc? (trying to understand why people have more respect for the teggy)

I actually own a 98 prelude type sh so my opion will obviously be bias. I have yet to drive a gsr, however i still think their great cars. A few months ago i was in the market for a new car and came really close to getting a gsr. I just think people ragg on the preludes alot and i want to know why? everyone says it weighs alot but does 300lbs really make that big of a diff.? the preludes got more horses than the integra so would that make up for it? Anyways, here are my pros and cons for both cars.

Prelude
Pros: looks great, very underrated, somewhat rare unriced (my car is all stock), atts is amazing, has 5 lug rims, 2.2l H-22 w/ 200 horses, has a better resale value
Cons: Weight, no leather, engine doesnt react well to bolt ons (you really have to spend a lot of money to see gains)

Integra
Pros: The B18C is an amazing engine to mod (reacts great to a few bolt ons), its only 2700lbs, better gas mileage, the 98+ gsr's came standard w/ leather, there are a lot of after market parts,
Cons:Everyones got one and they are kind of played out, people rice the shit out of them, its acuras "civic"

cactusEG
06-13-2007, 12:35 PM
go with the lude

GSRteg®
06-13-2007, 12:54 PM
I would go with the integra GSR bro. There ugradable and fun to drive just my :2cents: .

my97lude
06-13-2007, 01:16 PM
i would love to see a quarter mile race between the two. stock for stock. im also curious to know which one handles better. has anyone driven both cars (stock)?

The Ninja
06-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Umm... doesn't the GSR make 200-220? stock on a 2.0l engine? weighs less than a lude, so I'm guessing it would beat the lude in the 1/4. And to me, ludes handle like 98-02 Accords. Sorta... boat-like.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Umm... doesn't the GSR make 200-220? stock on a 2.0l engine? weighs less than a lude, so I'm guessing it would beat the lude in the 1/4. And to me, ludes handle like 98-02 Accords. Sorta... boat-like.

huh? the integra makes 170 hp from a 1.8l. the lude makes 200 horses from a 2.2l. the teg weighs 2700 lbs and the ludes about 3000 lbs. trust me, they dont handle anything like the 98-02 accords. i dont know where you got that from.

.blank cd
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Handling can always be fixed. Mine (97 EX Accord) handles like its on rails :goodjob: but id still go w/ a GSR. Lude is too heavy. Unless you wanna go w/ an Accord w/ a H22

The Ninja
06-13-2007, 02:06 PM
huh? the integra makes 170 hp from a 1.8l. the lude makes 200 horses from a 2.2l. the teg weighs 2700 lbs and the ludes about 3000 lbs. trust me, they dont handle anything like the 98-02 accords. i dont know where you got that from.

From personal experience. I've driven a number of ludes.

Sry about the engine mixup.

efman
06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
ludes are slow as hell handling wise, i've seen some try to go fast in the mountains and it just did'nt work out, bodyroll galore on those !!!!

latoilette
06-13-2007, 02:09 PM
well. I have both of these cars.
except, my prelude is not SH.

I pick prelude the winner. Better styling, more confortable ride, H22 is much more fun to rev than B18c. hmmm.... however, in both kyb agx and eibach shock setup, i think integra handles slightly better than the prelude.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
there is a HUUUGGEEE diff. between the type sh and the base model. you guys have to rmr that. the sh handles like a rwd car.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Trust me stick with the Lude its more fun to drive then the GS-R and that thing is so common place I would never ever get it even if it had a Type R swap.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
AHAHAH BODY ROLL GALORE!!! HAHAH those guy dont know nothing about suspension on a Prelude. The best where it handles like on a rail is GC with Koni Yellows. Nothing comes close even those Tein Coilover. Trust me there's so many well modified Preludes that use those. You'll know the difference.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 02:30 PM
Just look at all the options I posted. America got shafted so bad its not even funny. If you had those options oyu would never EVER sell your Prelude.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Oh and one of the seats not shown is the rare Type S seats which are nearly impossible to find. Too bad i found some and buying. XD!!!!

my97lude
06-13-2007, 02:57 PM
ohh i know dude...i am well aware of all the jdm shit out there. i am pissed that we didin get any of that stuff over here. even with the usdm stuff and some of the jdm stuff that is accessible it is still pretty good.

The Yousef
06-13-2007, 03:40 PM
And to me, ludes handle like 98-02 Accords. Sorta... boat-like.

are you high?

did the prelude you drive have blown struts?

:lmfao:

soplocar
06-13-2007, 03:49 PM
GSR FTW!!!!! you have more room to play with!!!!

Nissangeek
06-13-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd go with the GSR but I'm kinda partial to the B18. Did honda ever make a 'Lude Type-R? I saw one with what looked like OEM type-r badging but I didnt think they ever made one. Just curious.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
they made a lude SIR and a lude type S. both of them had a 220 horsepower engine would rape a type r. i believe the type s had atts like the type sh. not sure though

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 04:17 PM
FUCK. Okay Type S came with ATTS. The SiR-S came with LSD SiR-4WS came with the 4WS whic is similar to the 4th gen.USDM SH came with ATTS.. And you think it has bad handling....then um how come it won the Car and Driver Award for Best handling for $30,000

my97lude
06-13-2007, 04:34 PM
crazy asian....i want to see some pics of your lude

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 04:40 PM
Not done yet soon. Just waiting on a new paint job and a supension.

josh green
06-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I would go with the GSR, parts are cheap and plentiful. WHO HONESTLY gives a shit that a bunch of people have them? There are a ton of ludes out as well. Not so many 5th gens b/c they were way overpriced by the end of their run. Price tags were close to the $30k mark. The lude has always been honda's test car. It was the 1st to have a hydraulic clutch, disk brakes, and state of the art suspension. The biggest reason people choose the GSR over a lude is from, the engine, transmission, weight, price of mods, price of body panels, PARTS INTERCHANGEABILITY, these are all things that people want. We all know the engine and tranny in the ludes are a little disappointing. The engine has things that other honda engines do not have that people wind up removing anyway like the balance shafts. The tranny doesnt have that sporty of gearing for the weight that the 4 cylinder engine has to haul, it has cable shifters that are known to break. The B series engines and transmission are near indestructible and replacement parts for them are much cheaper and easier to buy.
I remember when I had my lude, it was such a pain to work on the car. Putting the clutch in the car was a huge pain. Preludes have always had some goofy cross members and shit on the car.

Basically if all you want to do is drive the car and have a nice handling car thats not a turd buy a lude. If you want to buy a car that you are going to try to make fast, track race or drag race the gsr would be the better choice. Stock for stock the GSR is probably the faster of the 2 and the lude being the better handling. The 5th gen lude takes most of its styling from the 88-91 years so it has a little more old school styling, back when hondas had low longer hood lines.

The prelude type-s HAD the ATTS system, you are thinking of the prelude SIR-S spec that has the LSD tranny and NO ATTS.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 04:45 PM
booooo....heres one of mine. i dont know what i want to do with it yet.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t174/my97lude/000_0208.jpg

josh green
06-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I have a friend who has 91 lude, and he is huge into handling and I have yet to drive or ride in a fwd honda that handles like his and his isnt even a 4ws. It has an extremely close geared tranny and cruises 80mph at close to 5k. The engine is far from hondas finest but it has nice qualities. It is a factory 2L that has a 95mm stroke so it is very torquey and pulls extremely well out of the corners. That car in 88-91 was $20k!!!!!!!!! That car was hondas true test car, something they made completely different in the other models and the next generation of lude.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 04:57 PM
i always thought the prelude was quicker from 0-60. there are soo many times out there, the quickest time i heard was either 6.7/6.8 lude and 7.1 for the teg.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 05:08 PM
AAHAHAH that's what you think. Ton's of lude you do know that compared to GS-R Honda Prelude and the only model to have a low number due to the cost. Ya if you see one, those are high mileage and finding one with low mileage is rare. Trust me Honda Prelude are not common as you think it is. If it was then more ppl would be modding them. But a lot and I mean a lot are trashed. So ya.
Also why is that then a lot of Eks use the H22 for boost instead of Type R wouldnt you be getting more nope...Torque. H22 puts out more torque then any other 4 cyl engine Honda made. you also know that the best (wish we had it) was the Euro R tranny. Basically its the sibling of the Type R tranny with almost close to the same ratio of the gear. GS-R in my book the only way to get it to be good is if you swap out the engine and everything which in my book not worth it.

Also have you ever driven an SH with a heavily modified engine. Trust me it handles and performs better then the previous models. I know that cuz I have several friends who have SH and LSD in their Prelude and on track they can take corner faster then those GS-R or whatever you want to it to be.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
6 Seconds...WTF!!! Some Prelude ran a close 5 second Flat almost to a near high 4s. And his his all NA. Boosted of course that's a whole another dimension.

1/4 the best one so far that was NA was like 13.7 or so I think.

.::UNKNOWN::.
06-13-2007, 06:32 PM
i say get the lude first off being that there isn't many out there...... second being watch this i know it is a forth gen but all honda could do was get better and actually they really didn't change the suspention btw the two here is the video showing the preludes handling capability http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7JjvHqEEM8

TypeRPersonality
06-13-2007, 06:33 PM
I've owned a 99 SH myself and have driven numerous GS-R's too. I would choose the Prelude. Even my friends who are GS-R owners admit that the Prelude is an all around great car.

Stock, a Prelude is faster, higher trap speed and it's torque makes up for it's weight.

A lot of Prelude parts are rare and expensive, but if you got the money, it wouldn't cause the Prelude to be a bad candidate.

josh green
06-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Also why is that then a lot of Eks use the H22 for boost instead of Type R wouldnt you be getting more nope...Torque. H22 puts out more torque then any other 4 cyl engine Honda made. you also know that the best (wish we had it) was the Euro R tranny. Basically its the sibling of the Type R tranny with almost close to the same ratio of the gear. GS-R in my book the only way to get it to be good is if you swap out the engine and everything which in my book not worth it.

Also have you ever driven an SH with a heavily modified engine. Trust me it handles and performs better then the previous models. I know that cuz I have several friends who have SH and LSD in their Prelude and on track they can take corner faster then those GS-R or whatever you want to it to be.
The H series is NOT used NEAR as much in drag racing over the B series. The B series have a better flowing head and out perform the h22's in boosted applications. This is true as well in all motor. The fastest all motor drag racing record was held by a B series engine until the almighty K series came out. Not to mention that the fastest FWD honda ever uses a B series engine. Try to type a little better, its kinda hard to understand what you are saying.

EDIT: Lastly, you cannot run a lot of power through the ATTS system. Back when I was in the preludepower.com days people were messing up trannies when they were making 300whp through them. Worlds fastest drag prelude is still in the mid 11 seconds, you can find it on honda-tech.

dumpdaccord
06-13-2007, 08:52 PM
quick question, if you get a GSR, where do you intend to keep it? and where do you intend to drive it?

its a highly desired car and not worth the trouble of trying to keep if you ask me. when you park a car you shouldnt have to worry about tow trucks and petty theives(although every make&model of car gets stolen this specfic has been in the top 10 for years).

just my 2cent.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
I know that ATTS isnt that great because when you reach a certain speed I think it was 80, ATTS goes off or does something. Also consider this. My friends NA Prelude is pushing 245HP at the engine not sure at the wheels but Brian Crower Stage 2 cams,valves,springs, blueprint and balanced engine, port and polish, SMSP Header, Blacktrax intake maifold, Type S pistons with Golden Eagle Rodgs, and free flowing 2.5 exhaust....ya Im kind of going how does a GS-R NA beat that.

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Oh and to top it all of he's getting rid most of em cams and what not to get the Brian Crower Stroker kit.

Julio
06-13-2007, 09:01 PM
I know that ATTS isnt that great because when you reach a certain speed I think it was 80, ATTS goes off or does something. Also consider this. My friends NA Prelude is pushing 245HP at the engine not sure at the wheels but Brian Crower Stage 2 cams,valves,springs, blueprint and balanced engine, port and polish, SMSP Header, Blacktrax intake maifold, Type S pistons with Golden Eagle Rodgs, and free flowing 2.5 exhaust....ya Im kind of going how does a GS-R NA beat that.

how does he know what he's putting at the crank and not the wheels? I think hes bench guessing... put that bitch on the dyno and then talk #'s.

:goodjob:

I would take a GSR..

The Yousef
06-13-2007, 09:14 PM
I would take a GSR..

fuk u! :2up:

~flees~

Crazy Asian
06-13-2007, 09:29 PM
he dynoed..it and it showed at the engine. He lost they dyno sheet but I think he was using that dyno-meter or what the dyno where they take off your wheel and dyno it. Im not sure. But he rape's his poor Prelude. Every time he takes it out to Pomona that poor tranny takes such a beating I cant believe its alive.

my97lude
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
the type sh can only handle about 240-250 and then the atts will cut out. people have talked about adding a cooler, but usually when you boost a car you have to go obd1 and that right there will take out the atts. even so, i personally dont care about how fast a car goes in a straight line. all i know is my type sh owns on curves and stuff.

BlkCD5
06-13-2007, 09:37 PM
I would go with the lude. :goodjob:

MaRk2k
06-13-2007, 09:50 PM
prelude has had the best handing for Honda for quite a while

Black R
06-13-2007, 09:59 PM

You do realize that 245 at the crank is 209 at the wheels given only 15% drivetrain loss.....?

Shit, that's pretty much some cams and pistons in a bseries! AND 300 lbs is a LOT of weight to have to deal with. 300lbs hurts in acceleration, braking AND cornering!

JG already said it best - if you want a cruiser, a nice daily driver for a secretary, then get a prelude.

If you want potential, and tons of aftermarket support, get an integra.

Fuck the SH crap! I'd rather have a REAL LSD!

Brut
06-13-2007, 10:06 PM
I would go with the lude. :goodjob:

x2

Siverprobegt
06-13-2007, 10:57 PM
x2

x3

josh green
06-13-2007, 11:13 PM
You do realize that 245 at the crank is 209 at the wheels given only 15% drivetrain loss.....?

Shit, that's pretty much some cams and pistons in a bseries! AND 300 lbs is a LOT of weight to have to deal with. 300lbs hurts in acceleration, braking AND cornering!

JG already said it best - if you want a cruiser, a nice daily driver for a secretary, then get a prelude.

If you want potential, and tons of aftermarket support, get an integra.

Fuck the SH crap! I'd rather have a REAL LSD!
^^^^^^^^^ This is coming from someone who actually races their car. 300lbs in a naturally aspirated setup is A LOT of weight, especially in a 4 cylinder. This is a long debated argument and the prelude owners will be extremely biased. Obviously honda felt the integra was a better chassis b/c they raced it.... They raced the accords, and not ever the ludes. back in 2000 and 2001 who wouldnt have bought a ITR over the lude? Same power, less weight, better handling, better braking and now worth much more for resale.

patrick4588
06-13-2007, 11:23 PM
i have owned a 98 prelude sh and i currently own a gsr. i prefer the gsr. everyone will have their own opinion on everything. stock for stock, the prelude has more torque, but in the quarter mile i believe the gsr would win. the prelude does not have the gearing to be a fast track car. now a h2b prelude is a nasty setup. i find my gsr more fun to drive than the prelude was. just something about it feels better. the rpms seem to rev more freely and to me its just more fun. i have more suspension work on my gsr than i did to the prelude so im not going to comment on which would handle better because i dont know how the prelude would do with the same modifications. i do know that i got a lot of body roll on the prelude however. i like the way the integra's look a little bit better; but both are well designed vehicles.

kyx
06-13-2007, 11:56 PM
Well I currently own a lude, the only thing i like in a gs r is that you can get as a 4door sedan. But for the American roads and highways torquer engine is better. Also the styling of the lude is incredible even tough its a 10year old design it still looks better then most of the cars on the road, also as you know Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear stated that the 5th gen prelude is the best looking Japanese car for its time.

I own a SH, but unfortunately one of the atts oil sensors is broken so haven't filed whats it like, (new sensors is around $240), I dont track my car so I can live without it.

Any ways to make a prelude a good handling car all you need is a good set of shocks and spring and a rear sway bar and its going to out corner a gsr with the same modes any days. I currently have Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro's and that thing is on rails. No engine modifications for the h22 since its kind of pointless you can never get as much as power as the bolt ons on a b18..

so basically my opinion on this topic is if you dont have alot of money and you like boltons buy a gsr, if you have slightly more money buy a lude enjoy the looks and spend some money on quality good parts.

btw, you know a guy on pp.com and honda-tech pulled 343 horses I believe on a 130k engine with a custum turbo kit, stock block and head. <---- it was something like this...

Benefit
06-14-2007, 12:54 AM
prelude's are some of sexiest looking cars on the road...stock.

Crazy Asian
06-14-2007, 01:14 AM
Hmm not sure. Gonna go see him this following week. He supposed to have that Type S with 5 Speed LSD. Said he's throwing out everything for a stroker kit but like I called him a couple of minutes ago and said he's now uncertain. BTW my bad 245 at the WHP.

I think this guy know what he's doing since he had a TT Supra with 6 Speed. Gave that up. Went to a Type R. He liked it but the suspension is what he really didnt like. He told me the suspension was way too firm for his liking. So he swapped it and did everything still not his liking. So he bought a Honda Civic. So while he was driving that junk for a while. He was seriously thinking about going into the mod scene again...so he bought a Prelude. All I know if I remember correctly a lot of the parts on the car are extremely rare and hard to find. That SMSP header my bad its a Hytec header and it got something else. I ono were gonna dyno it when I get down there. He needs to retune and what not. Ill get back to you on how much he's putting.

Crazy Asian
06-14-2007, 01:22 AM
Oh and also funny thing. He told me he was gonna buy a GS-R and just tinker around with it but gave up since it looked like frog. LOL though he was gonna swap in a K20...I'm actually thinking that may have been a better idea since those engines are fucking amazing with just minor mods.

Also it maybe I'm more biased to looks then performance. GS-R too me looks nasty. I can't stand it. Prelude's on the other hands looks oh so clean. Combined when dropped I'll take that any day then a GS-R. I think I'm not a speed aficiando. When I get more money we'll see. But so far I've concluded I'm just gonna keep the Lude until I'm ready for nicer car...and so far eh.

Oh and I was looking online seeing wtf performance parts are there for B18....omg...nm. LOL

sshonda2004
06-14-2007, 01:47 PM
go with the lude, my patna got a prelude sh and i seen him take a gsr

Benefit
06-14-2007, 02:15 PM
sshonda2004 , you have a honda but your the drift king?

{X}Echo419
06-14-2007, 03:50 PM
When I had my GS-R it had KYB's and sprint springs along with some proformance mods.
anyways, when I'd go to the moutians with my S2000 friends I would keep up with or leave some of them. that thing handled like nobody's business. of course I was driving so that was a factor. :2cents:

2DR_JEEEZER
06-21-2007, 04:42 PM
i take the gs-r, cuz i have one! =p

OneSlow5pt0
06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
the last gen prelude is the only honda i can deal with

NAG2I
06-21-2007, 06:01 PM
driven and ridin in gsr's.
havn't done either in a prelude.

imo preludes looks done compare to integras.
just me though.
preludes to me aren't the ones for building into race cars.
they are big and weigh to much imo

way better prices on everything for integras too

anyways just my 2 cents.

OnURleft
06-21-2007, 06:24 PM
I believe car and driver rated the Prelude SH the best handeling car in the United States for under $25,000 in 1997.. for all of you that suggest its a boat hah your way off....
However, I'd still go with the GSR as i've riden in some Type R's, GSR's etc and autocrossed a few and their weight and tossability make them specatular. They are a blast to track and easier to mod.

eltravieso
06-21-2007, 06:32 PM
GSR bro.....but dats jus me... i have minor mods and still killin sum ludes out there.....take it how u feel

SH22
06-21-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey i read your post and i too have a Lud3. And just to clear things up your
prelude comes with 195 hp.See 99-01 preludes came with 200 hp, 97 &98 did not. I have a 2001 prelude SH and a/b 2 months ago i was driving up 85N and ran it2 a GsR(alright)
We hit it 4rm shalloeford rd to pleasnthill, i took him all the way. I had my brother in the car with me and he was alone. I only have a short ram intake and a "12" sub.The guy said he was all stock. Now you tell me do you think weight really matters or dose it not?

Ludester
06-21-2007, 07:52 PM
stock for stock a fifth gen has a little edge on the gsr. the quater mile times has the prelude winning by .1 or .2 seconds. They are both great cars. Prelude is a little more roomy and the teggy looks like it's begging for more power.

I've owned a sh lude. If you do decide to go with the lude over the gsr and plan on doing modifications I wouldn't get the SH. I would get the base model. the SH tranny starts acting up when you hit about 170-180 ft/tq. yeah... Quiet contrary to what people say about horse power but the horse power has nothing to do with ATTS. It has to do with torque. that's why it's called active torque transfer system. The funny thing is this system only works when you're basically about to die anyways. It also can be tricked by rain very easily because of the slippery conditions; causing the car to over steer a bit.

just my 2 cents

edit: The sh will out handle a gsr any day stock for stock. Ofcourse you can upgrade any cars suspension to be superior but out the box only the teggy type r handles better.

_Christian_
06-21-2007, 08:42 PM
i have driven both and they prelude is a much better handling car, looks better, and is faster. i had a 97 prelude base model with KONI adj shocks, neuspeed springs, neuspeed front and rear sway bars, and a neuspeed strut bar. it drove on rails. here's what she looked like:

Ludester
06-21-2007, 09:33 PM
I have kyb shocks with eiboch pro kit, type s strut bar and I handle wonderfully. I don't get any body roll. I read in a previous post where someone said preludes have body roll like accords but that's certainly not the case. You really have to drive one to really know.

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5710/picture087eq6.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4508/picture092ok6.jpg
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/8650/picture093jh8.jpg

koukis14
06-21-2007, 10:40 PM
Go with the Prelude. I hate Hondas and I want one.

AnthonyF
06-22-2007, 09:10 AM
LUDE!! they are a little more rare and the few i see running up and down buford hwy have a loud ass riced out muffler.

i love the look of the 97+ lude.

my biggest con for the lude is that it is FWD. They made the rears so larger from 92+ that it looks like a RWD car.

manilikecars
06-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Oh and one of the seats not shown is the rare Type S seats which are nearly impossible to find. Too bad i found some and buying. XD!!!!

i hate you just kidding. I want those seats so bad maybe i can just copy them. Whats up with those blue ones in the jap mag man. UGLY!!

manilikecars
06-23-2007, 05:38 PM
ok maybe i am way off here but even though the ATTS lets both wheels spin its nothing like a lsd. The lsd makes both wheels spin at the same time where the atts put more power to the wheel to help the car grip. Its a steering system. My bud has a lsd in his rsx and i have seen it slid when he is hard in it in curves because the wheels are spinning at the same rate and they slide instead of grip. ATTS for the curves and LSD for the launches.

manilikecars
06-23-2007, 05:41 PM
TRYMY4.0 - i love the yellow lens in the grill, looks bad ass:goodjob:

oh and my pics for the GSR vs. Prelude. Depends on what i was doing. Love my car but the GSR has more mods. But love my car because its not as common.

allmotoronly
06-23-2007, 06:15 PM
I personally have owned and modded both. If you want something that you can mod for cheap, go with the GSR, if you want to go for power, go with the prelude.

My prelude had the SiR S-Spec engine, and like my97lude said, it would rape a ITR. I would not go with a prelude SH. The ATTS adds about 250lbs and does nothing that an aftermarket LSD or a jdm LSD tranny wouldn't fix, without the weight. It is also not a good idea if you plan on adding more power. the ATTS units have a reputation for failure under additional power. anything more than about 240whp and dont expect the ATTS unit to last more than 10 or 15k miles.

I currently have a GSR and parts for the engine and body are much cheaper. My only problem is the extreme lack of torque compared to the H22A.

Frög
06-23-2007, 08:24 PM
duh! prelude.. why 4 pages of this? didnt even need to start a thread.. cmon..

Benefit
06-23-2007, 10:24 PM
exactly, i hate hondas and prelude would be the only honda i would own

o_bomb
06-25-2007, 08:56 PM
duh! prelude.. why 4 pages of this? didnt even need to start a thread.. cmon..

LOL!!! get the big block:goodjob:

OneSlow5pt0
06-25-2007, 08:58 PM
exactly, i hate hondas and prelude would be the only honda i would own

x2

Nippon
06-25-2007, 10:24 PM
ludes are slow as hell handling wise, i've seen some try to go fast in the mountains and it just did'nt work out, bodyroll galore on those !!!!

Ludes are slow as hell handling wise???? Muhuhuhahahahaaaaaaaaa:ninja:

o_bomb
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
then get sway bars and more rubber!!

IndianStig
06-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Preludes are the superior sub 30k honda.

The regular honda/acrua owner won't see that.

Mod the cars, mod for mod, the prelude is better. I drive a 4th Gen Prelude with an h22. I get GSR's trying to fuck around with me all the time. I stay in 3rd and 4th gear and kick their ass, low-mid range TQ FTMFW, oh yeah, my top end power gives me the jump on S2k's untill 90, so thats not a area of lack luster either.

Prelude FTW.

Omar, you got a PM. :goodjob:

Jkuao
06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
Wow, I could have sworn it was 1997 all over again. Haven't gotten into a Prelude v. GS-R argument since around then. What's next a Civic Si v. Prelude argument? Celica GT-S pissing match? Regardless they run 15's in the quarter and .8's in the skidpad and blow up when you mod them. If you're buying it to mod, a standard WRX would beat the crap out of any of them. If you're buying it for commuting the GS-R gets better mileage and the hatch holds more. If you like the coupe style, solid handling, and low end torque get the Prelude. Regardless, the punk thieves make your insurance expensive as does the morons who decide to race them out on the streets.

Loved my '99 Prelude but they're are better and faster cars out there. Got tired of worrying about the bitch ass thieves who ought to get curbed.

B0snian
07-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Integras are Orgasm Cars.

_Christian_
07-02-2007, 09:34 PM
^lies.