PDA

View Full Version : Misc ROFL @ Dale Earnhardt Jr. Fans

Ran
06-13-2007, 10:19 AM
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/yamahabasher/jr2.jpg

It's official, Earnhardt Jr. is going to race with Hendrick Motorsports and be teammates with Jeff Gordon. I'm sure that every Earnhardt fan out there just died a little inside. I just wanted to laugh at their expense. :D

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
im nolonger a fan of Jr.........and dale Sr. is rolling over in his grave right now

Glides
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Dale Sr has been doing backflips in his grave since his ex-wife went Gestapo on his son and his company. This won't even phase him.

ShooterMcGavin
06-13-2007, 11:12 AM
i don't get it, what's the big fucking deal?

koukis14
06-13-2007, 12:00 PM
i don't get it, what's the big fucking deal?

X2 I am excited to see what he can do with Hendrick. Who gives a shit if a bunch of rednecks don't like Jewnyer because he is now team mates with Gordon. I am wondring what will now happen to the "Garage Mahal" now the Bud money is no longer pouring in. They won't have the income without him to keep it up and running. The only reason #3 fans did not like Gordon is because he was as good if not better than Seinor and was from Calfornia so they all took their dicks out of their sisters and called him a faggot.

Honestly I am more interested to see what the Car of Tomorrow can do at Talladega. I bet it wil only go about 170 and be a boaring as fuck race

ShooterMcGavin
06-13-2007, 12:31 PM
oh, so it's all about some hick nascar related rivalry? in that case then really...:wgaf:

Bballjamal
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
quick summary!

Dale Sr built a team and name and company, Dale Jr left team and company (who I believe his wife owns), but they will fall with no big name under their belt, which means no big sponsors, like Bud....

I think thats semi right, I was more of a drag racing follower than Nascar!

Nomad!
06-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Did Bud remain as the #8 car's sponsor?

Mike Lowrey
06-13-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL @ Rednecks and their racing......

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
DEI owns #8,so no

this is like if Derek Jeter went to the Red Sox

Ran
06-13-2007, 02:17 PM
i don't get it, what's the big fucking deal?Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Hendrick Motorsports are long-time rivals. They were always the two biggest groups fighting it out on the track. A true die-hard Earnhardt fan would never cheer for a Hendrick driver. Having Earnhardt Jr. actually drive for Hendrick is like a huge slap in the face. It's a pretty big deal in the racing community whether you're a NASCAR fan or not.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 02:19 PM
there have been talks of trading the 5 to the dei team for the 8 and negotiations are still going as far as sponsorship deals. alot of stuff is still in the works. i dont think sr. would be turning over in his grave...i think he would be happy for jr. and jr wants to make his own name just like his father did....he does not want to ride the coat tails. teresa does own the majority of dei but jr still owns 49%..this is the whole reason why he has left..he wanted the 51% share of the company and she did not want to hand it over...he had his ideas on how the company needed to be ran and she had hers..they differed so he did what he had to do to succeed in this sport. dei still has truex jr and there are already rumors of kyle busch heading to dei and he is an excellent driver. he has already won in the truck series, busch series and cup...and hes only 22..there are drivers twice his age that have not done that. while dei will get hurt initially they will pull through. and hendrick is gonna be a major force in the 08 season with the 48, 24 and jr running with them. i am willing to put money down that jr will have his championship within the next 3 years.

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 02:22 PM
i just thought JR. would have gone to childress and everyone would have been happy,he would have even got to run the #3

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Dale Earnhardt Sr. and Hendrick Motorsports are long-time rivals. They were always the two biggest groups fighting it out on the track. A true die-hard Earnhardt fan would never cheer for a Hendrick driver. Having Earnhardt Jr. actually drive for Hendrick is like a huge slap in the face. It's a pretty big deal in the racing community whether you're a NASCAR fan or not.

i have to disagree with you on this..while im no earnhardt fan im also not a hendrick fan...but i think that if you are a true fan of someone you will stick with them no matter where they go. im all about ford and the 17 and 99 cars are the shit...but if edwards or kenseth were to move to the evernham racing stable i would follow suit..and im hardcore anti-dodge. jr and gordon are freinds..most ppl do not realize this..infact most drivers on the track these days are freinds off the track...its not 1970 anymore..you wont see any more fist fights on the back stretch....these are different times. if gotrdon and jr were freind before how does jr going to hendrick make anything different?

i think the fans wanted a rivalry and could nto get it....and gordon being as good as he is and surpassing sr. has fueled the want for that rivalry. im glad jr is with hendrick and i hope he wins his first championship with them.

Ran
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
i just thought JR. would have gone to childress and everyone would have been happy,he would have even got to run the #3I'm not sure if it was Childress or DEI that owns the #3, but they wanted him to drive a black #3. I'm pretty sure that I don't have to explain how Junior took that.

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm not sure if it was Childress or DEI that owns the #3, but they wanted him to drive a black #3. I'm pretty sure that I don't have to explain how Junior took that.

well,now im even more of a Harvick and Burton fan...im not a Jr. fan anymore,

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 02:28 PM
i just thought JR. would have gone to childress and everyone would have been happy,he would have even got to run the #3

that was my first thought on the subject..but jr has said before he wants to be known for himself and his accomplishments...not his fathers. there would have been a lot of weight on his shoulders if he were to go with the team that his father won so many champion ships with if he drove the 3 car. if had gone and failed miserably in that endeavor it would have ruined him. if he had succeeded it would have been soiled by his fathers legacy. the headlines would read "jr wins in sr.'s car" or "like father like son" he would have won in dads car....it would not be jr's title anymore. see what im saying?

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 02:29 PM
well,now im even more of a Harvick and Burton fan...im not a Jr. fan anymore,

why so?

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 02:33 PM
why so?

i hate Hendrick,always have always will...dont like their drivers.

but i agree with alot of your last post:goodjob:

Ran
06-13-2007, 02:34 PM
i have to disagree with you on this..while im no earnhardt fan im also not a hendrick fan...but i think that if you are a true fan of someone you will stick with them no matter where they go. im all about ford and the 17 and 99 cars are the shit...but if edwards or kenseth were to move to the evernham racing stable i would follow suit..and im hardcore anti-dodge. jr and gordon are freinds..most ppl do not realize this..infact most drivers on the track these days are freinds off the track...its not 1970 anymore..you wont see any more fist fights on the back stretch....these are different times. if gotrdon and jr were freind before how does jr going to hendrick make anything different?

i think the fans wanted a rivalry and could nto get it....and gordon being as good as he is and surpassing sr. has fueled the want for that rivalry. im glad jr is with hendrick and i hope he wins his first championship with them.The fans had their rivalry just fine. HMS and DEI have been long-time rivals for a long time. Note the term rivalry, which doesn't have to be a fighting term. It's simply a team that you try the hardest to beat, or your toughest competitor. It's similar to the argument between imports and domestics. Whether the rivalry is in the marketing between HMS and DEI or just the fanbase, it's still there and a lot of people are very pissed off. Junior is going to lose a lot of fans with this move but, at the same time, gain some new ones.

It's good to see that you have the open mindset to follow your drivers no matter what path they choose, but a majority of the fanbase isn't quite as understanding. I'm sure that we'll be seeing that throughout the rest of this season and even more-so when he's actually in a Hendrick car.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 02:43 PM
The fans had their rivalry just fine. HMS and DEI have been long-time rivals for a long time. Note the term rivalry, which doesn't have to be a fighting term. It's simply a team that you try the hardest to beat, or your toughest competitor. It's similar to the argument between imports and domestics. Whether the rivalry is in the marketing between HMS and DEI or just the fanbase, it's still there and a lot of people are very pissed off. Junior is going to lose a lot of fans with this move but, at the same time, gain some new ones.

It's good to see that you have the open mindset to follow your drivers no matter what path they choose, but a majority of the fanbase isn't quite as understanding. I'm sure that we'll be seeing that throughout the rest of this season and even more-so when he's actually in a Hendrick car.

i didnt mean to make it sound that a rivalry can only be negative...but the thing is...now that jr is will gordon doesnt that make the rivalry even better....now you got team mates that are gonna help each other but at the end are gonna race there hearts out to make sure they beat each other.....thats just awesome to me. it just seems to me that if you are willing to give on being a fan of anyone simply becuase of who they race for then your heart was in the wrong place to begin with. thats just my opinion. i still think you will see a bunch of red in the stands for the rest of this season and as soon as they get the sponsor ship deals worked out and jr has bud with him you will continue to see red. he is still in a chevy and will, i honestly think, end up in a bud #8 car undr hendricks name.

i would follow my drivers simply becuase im loyal to that driver....im not loyal nessesarily to dewalt or office depot or even to roush-fenway. it just seems to me that if you dump your driver simply becuase of ownership changes, regardless of a rival team, then you were just being fake as hell the whole time anyways...how were you such a die hard fan if you are willing to drop him in a split second over something that is for his own good and is going to better his career?

i guess im just very opinionated..but im enjoying this debate

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 02:50 PM
so....your saying if i like the braves and john smoltz,and hes goes to the mets or yankees i should be a fan of them?

Ran
06-13-2007, 02:55 PM
i didnt mean to make it sound that a rivalry can only be negative...but the thing is...now that jr is will gordon doesnt that make the rivalry even better....now you got team mates that are gonna help each other but at the end are gonna race there hearts out to make sure they beat each other.....thats just awesome to me. it just seems to me that if you are willing to give on being a fan of anyone simply becuase of who they race for then your heart was in the wrong place to begin with. thats just my opinion. i still think you will see a bunch of red in the stands for the rest of this season and as soon as they get the sponsor ship deals worked out and jr has bud with him you will continue to see red. he is still in a chevy and will, i honestly think, end up in a bud #8 car undr hendricks name.

i would follow my drivers simply becuase im loyal to that driver....im not loyal nessesarily to dewalt or office depot or even to roush-fenway. it just seems to me that if you dump your driver simply becuase of ownership changes, regardless of a rival team, then you were just being fake as hell the whole time anyways...how were you such a die hard fan if you are willing to drop him in a split second over something that is for his own good and is going to better his career?I agree with you on the competition point. Seeing Junior and Gordon race together will be impressive. Even more so because they'll be competiting against each other while still taking HMS through the season. I'm thinking that it's going to be a good year for HMS.

i guess im just very opinionated..but im enjoying this debateSame here. Reps for you. :)

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 03:07 PM
so....your saying if i like the braves and john smoltz,and hes goes to the mets or yankees i should be a fan of them?

not at all...but if you are a smoltz fan and he is traded there is no reason to not like him anymore he is still the same guy doing the same thing....just under a different team....plus baseball and nascar are kinda hard to compare so try agian!

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 03:08 PM
I agree with you on the competition point. Seeing Junior and Gordon race together will be impressive. Even more so because they'll be competiting against each other while still taking HMS through the season. I'm thinking that it's going to be a good year for HMS.

Same here. Reps for you. :)

def gonna be a good year and reps back atcha!

Eurostunna07
06-13-2007, 03:09 PM
HELL YA BEST NEWS EVER

wee taakking overrrrrrrrr ONE CAR RACER AT A FUCKING TIME!

GangstaCoupe
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
I believe that back when Sr. signed the Bud deal it was to DEI and it was for 10 yrs. I dont believe it for Jr. but rather to DEI which had Jr. at the time. However its been a while since this happened and I forget exactly how the nego went as I stopped following nascar when it became so pc.

Glides
06-13-2007, 03:12 PM
oh, so it's all about some hick nascar related rivalry? in that case then really...:wgaf:

Pretty neat how that Hick Nascar motorsport completely dwarfs Drag racing (Import AND omestic) Drifting and any other Import motorsport scene in the United States combined. The Money generated by this hick motorsport would boggle your mind. Soon it will be bigger than any Motorsport out there.

Call it what you will, but its large, Tony Montana large and it ain't going away.

GangstaCoupe
06-13-2007, 03:16 PM
Pretty neat how that Hick Nascar motorsport completely dwarfs Drag racing (Import AND omestic) Drifting and any other Import motorsport scene in the United States combined. The Money generated by this hick motorsport would boggle your mind. Soon it will be bigger than any Motorsport out there.

Call it what you will, but its large, Tony Montana large and it ain't going away.

Recent polling has show that nascar intrest has started to decline, at least thats what I had read a while back. Also I have heard races that are usually "sold out" months in advance if not a year in advance are now having trouble even filling the seats the day of. Btw Nascar no longer reguards itself as motorsports group, it is now an "entertainment company" much like that of pro wrestling.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 03:17 PM
I believe that back when Sr. signed the Bud deal it was to DEI and it was for 10 yrs. I dont believe it for Jr. but rather to DEI which had Jr. at the time. However its been a while since this happened and I forget exactly how the nego went as I stopped following nascar when it became so pc.

im sur the bud deal is def with dei not dale jr...but if you are budweiser and your #1 advertisment is going somewhere..you want to stay with them. think of all the money they have tied up in the dale jr line up with there products, commercials, clothing and collectibles..ect ect ect. it would not suprise me in the least if they came up with something to get out of the contract and go with jr to hendrick. if dei will not let them go then bud will wait it out and when it comes time to re-negotiate they will go with hendrick. this is jr's 9th year in cup so the contract is up again at the end of next year if its a 10 year contract and was started when jr started cup.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 03:21 PM
Recent polling has show that nascar intrest has started to decline, at least thats what I had read a while back. Also I have heard races that are usually "sold out" months in advance if not a year in advance are now having trouble even filling the seats the day of. Btw Nascar no longer reguards itself as motorsports group, it is now an "entertainment company" much like that of pro wrestling.

and the support that nascar has lost still dwarfs other motorsports. im sure there are some sales dwindleing from time to time.....but they still have there tracks that are always sold out.

yes they are an entertainment deal.....but thats what you gotta do when you are the largest spectator sport around..you gotta entertain..and they are nothing like pro wrestling....wrestling is an over glorified choreographed "fight" with actors that are in charactor and the outcome is predetermined far before the event even happens

GangstaCoupe
06-13-2007, 03:26 PM
yes they are an entertainment deal.....but thats what you gotta do when you are the largest spectator sport around..you gotta entertain..and they are nothing like pro wrestling....wrestling is an over glorified choreographed "fight" with actors that are in charactor and the outcome is predetermined far before the event even happens

Ummm have you watched a Nascar Race lately? :screwy:

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 03:31 PM
Ummm have you watched a Nascar Race lately? :screwy:

actually yea...i have watched quite a few..and been to alot also. why dont you give us some examples of how the nascar races are fixed and/or choreographed. how exactly do they make the motors blow up at certaint times of the race? who made the call to choreograph a couple deaths in this sport? you my freind are fooling yourself if you think this shit is fake....you dont have to like nascar or agree with it....but if you know nothing about it then you really should not comment on nascar

GangstaCoupe
06-13-2007, 05:31 PM
I was mainly talking about it being over hyped and dramatized, I know the racing isnt fake... It might not be the WWF now but is sure on the path to that.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 05:59 PM
every sport is overhyped...its not just nascar. look at football...wtf is so exciting about watching football on monday night....or anynight for that matter? how about baseball....tons of excitment there......and basketball i dont even wanna start???? its part of drawing crowds to watch the sport.....if they advertised it as just driving in circles no one would watch it. just like if football was advertised as men in tights jumping on each other to get a ball no one would watch it

"B"
06-13-2007, 06:03 PM
1. Dale Jr. signed a contract on a napkin when he was 16.

2. Jr. will be talking to Teresa about taking the #* with him.

3. Dale Sr. and Rick Hendrick were friends. In fact, Hendrick supplied engines to DEI when it was first started by Dale Sr.

4. I died a little bit inside today.

5. I am really excited to see what Jr. can do in better equipment.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 06:07 PM
#5 = truth

"B"
06-13-2007, 06:08 PM
All of them are facts.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 06:11 PM
All of them are facts.

no doubt..i was just extra agreeing with you on #5

Josh...
06-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Both Dale Earnhardts are vastly overrated, and people just stop talking bad about Sr. because he died. I don't know about anyone else, but all I hear is that "Dale Earnhardt Sr. was the best driver ever," and that total bullshit. Richard Petty has 200 wins and 7 championships, Jeff Gordon has 79 (I think) wins and 4 championships. I know that Sr. had 76 wins and 7 championships, but he did that in nearly twice the time that Gordon has been racing. Jr. really has to step up now, and I bet he has a great next season.

81911SC
06-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Gordon> Earnhardt
More wins in a competitive decade. Petty's record will never be broken because of the strict guidelines now, yes the same guidelines Gordon strives in.

japan4racing
06-13-2007, 07:04 PM
as much as ppl will fight with you about this gordon is a damn good driver and to be honest with you tony stewart is one of the best drivers nascar has too. gordon is re-writing the record books for sure....earnhardt sr. had alot of fans becuase of his agressive "i dont give a shit" attitude. he was a bad ass and ppl like that. there is no doubt he was a good race car driver but i think he was more intimidating than anything...hence the name intimidator...ppl got out of his way because they knew he would wreck them. ppl get out of gordons way because he is obviously faster. either way they are all great drivers and do more than i could do in any of these cars. i can see this thread going to hell pretty soon about who is the best driver in nascar today.

Clegger
06-13-2007, 07:15 PM
http://www.grannygear.com/Assets/Images/Races/Moab/2006/Shake_N_Bake.jpg

SHAKE N BAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

this entire thread has Talladega Nights written all over it

OneSlow5pt0
06-13-2007, 07:18 PM
i agree that Gordon is a great driver,for the moeny ill say the best driver still racing

but,Sr. was great,he didnt take any shit off anyone..people got scared when they saw that black #3 coming

i agree gordon,will probbly end up with all the records when he retires...but that doesnt mean i gonna like him

PhAtBoYMr2
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM
who the fuck watches nascar anyways? that shit ain't no real racing

formula 1 is where it's at.

"B"
06-14-2007, 02:01 PM
Both Dale Earnhardts are vastly overrated, and people just stop talking bad about Sr. because he died. I don't know about anyone else, but all I hear is that "Dale Earnhardt Sr. was the best driver ever," and that total bullshit. Richard Petty has 200 wins and 7 championships, Jeff Gordon has 79 (I think) wins and 4 championships. I know that Sr. had 76 wins and 7 championships, but he did that in nearly twice the time that Gordon has been racing. Jr. really has to step up now, and I bet he has a great next season.

Sr. wasn't given the best cars right from the start either. I am not saying that Sr. is the best ever, but for you to say that Gordon is better best of the wins is crazy.

Nomad!
06-14-2007, 03:31 PM
http://www.grannygear.com/Assets/Images/Races/Moab/2006/Shake_N_Bake.jpg

SHAKE N BAKE!!!!!!!!!!!

this entire thread has Talladega Nights written all over it

"THAT JUST HAPPENED!" :lmfao:

Josh...
06-14-2007, 06:46 PM
Sr. wasn't given the best cars right from the start either. I am not saying that Sr. is the best ever, but for you to say that Gordon is better best of the wins is crazy.

I not saying that he is the best based on wins alone, but the fact that he races clean, most of the time. Most everyone knew that if Sr. was behind them and it was the last lap, then they where going to get spun out. Thats just shitty racing, regardless if Gordon, Stewart, or Sr. did it. And Tony Stewart is a very good driver, but he gets away with so much. Does anybody remember a couple years ago when NASCAR said they where going to suspend him from a few races for spinning so many people out? Yet, when it was time to make a decision, magically he was only fined and got to run all the races.