PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVIC N1 vs Pioneer AVIC N2

JC
07-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Alright guys. I have a question. I am looking at getting rid of my Eclipse 7301 Double Din TV/Nav unit and looking to get either an AVIC N1 or AVIC N2. I am asking for people who have expierence with either unit. What is the major difference between the 2 units, and which one is better and why? What are any flaws that you have had with it? Just trying to figure out, if I am gonna spend the money which one is worth buying. Thanks guys.

threehundred
07-07-2005, 06:37 AM
My girl has the AVIC-N1. She's looking to get rid of it just because she doesn't really need it. It's barely used.

JC
07-07-2005, 08:35 AM
get me a price and I will let you know. I usually dont buy high quality head unit that are used because there are too many chances something could be wrong, but if the price is right I will consider it.

threehundred
07-07-2005, 08:51 AM
Actually, if you wanna research it and make an offer. It's in her car and functional. She'll most definately want you to buy it as is, obviously, but you can see it working in her car and help me remove it if you want it, that way you'll know it is working order. Make an offer and i'll let you know ASAP.

JC
07-07-2005, 08:53 AM
alright, I will research it and consider it and come up with a price. In the meantime, does anybody have the N2 or N1 and can tell me the major differences, ease of use, and which one they would reccomend.

ACCORDRYDA23
07-07-2005, 11:09 AM
alright, I will research it and consider it and come up with a price. In the meantime, does anybody have the N2 or N1 and can tell me the major differences, ease of use, and which one they would reccomend.

no real major differences.. the N2 is capable with xm navtraffic and has a slightly different user interface. and you have to wire it in a different way so you can watch dvd's while driving. i personally think the N1 is great..... and if you get a good deal on it then go ahead and buy..... hollaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

YokotaS13
07-07-2005, 08:01 PM
Actually, if you wanna research it and make an offer. It's in her car and functional. She'll most definately want you to buy it as is, obviously, but you can see it working in her car and help me remove it if you want it, that way you'll know it is working order. Make an offer and i'll let you know ASAP.
I will trade you a clarion 7inch touchscreen dvd and crap liek 1600-1800 retail, i need the pioneer for navi.

sleepsi
07-31-2005, 06:42 PM
the n-2 doesnt work while driving. only in park..or n..

Directech
07-31-2005, 09:15 PM
Horrible Sound Quality Piece......Less Than 2 Volts Of Output.....Extremely Weak For The Price Of The Unit......Just My Opinion.....I Know A Little About Stereo

XBLG20
08-01-2005, 02:15 PM
^^^ agree .... great for Nav bad for audio

SOHC MONSTER
08-11-2005, 11:53 AM
i have last years pioneer. avh6500dvd touch screen. im asking $700 works great looks good!

hybrid90accord
08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
the n-2 doesnt work while driving. only in park..or n..

It can be bypassed you just give up the rear view camera option and it's not in full screen, I did one at my job. Also with the N! you can bypass the park brake wire to watch dvd while driving but the second you upgrade to the 2005 N2 dvd upgrade navigation disc you will loose the option of driving and watching dvd at the same time. Its something encripted in the DVD disc

Spyder
08-23-2005, 01:35 PM
Alright guys. I have a question. I am looking at getting rid of my Eclipse 7301 Double Din TV/Nav unit and looking to get either an AVIC N1 or AVIC N2. I am asking for people who have expierence with either unit. What is the major difference between the 2 units, and which one is better and why? What are any flaws that you have had with it? Just trying to figure out, if I am gonna spend the money which one is worth buying. Thanks guys.
How much will you want for the 7301 when/if you sell it? PM me if you want :)

JC
08-23-2005, 09:18 PM
I have absolutly no idea. Been to busy to ever put much more thought into it.