PDA

View Full Version : Misc Attn Guitar players

Ed
06-12-2007, 09:46 AM
Im looking for some lessons, if anyone is interested in teaching me, pm, reply to this topic, whatever. I've had a few sessions with my brother when i was a kid, and i remember SOME stuff. Not a total newbie.

Preferably in the smyrna or marietta, and im available at night...

Kelly
06-12-2007, 09:52 AM
*waits for killer* :ninja:

Ed
06-12-2007, 09:54 AM
*waits for killer* :ninja:

he can play and teach?

Kelly
06-12-2007, 09:56 AM
He can play, that's for sure. He could prolly help you out a lot and i'm sure he wouldn't mind.

Ed
06-12-2007, 09:57 AM
He can play, that's for sure. He could prolly help you out a lot and i'm sure he wouldn't mind.

tell his ass to get over here now then. lol

Killer
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
I'M HERE!!! I'M HERE!!!

Ed
I'M HERE!!! I'M HERE!!!

so can you teach?

Sol-Badguy
I play, but I'm not NEAR well enough to teach.

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:00 AM
lol, i strictly play rythm though.. i'm not sure what ur wanting to learn....

i can teach you how to play chords... and basically how to read tablature(spl) but i myself can't read music so...

Kyle
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Lolololol. But reall does he play any good rock or just faggy stuff like Jack Johnson?

Kelly
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Lolololol. But reall does he play any good rock or just faggy stuff like Jack Johnson?

Somebody's jealous...

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:02 AM
lol, i strictly play rythm though.. i'm not sure what ur wanting to learn....

i can teach you how to play chords... and basically how to read tablature(spl) but i myself can't read music so...

cool. let me know your availability.

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:05 AM

i'm sorry i have a different taste in music than you....

i use to play "rock" not old rock but some of the newer stuff, but after awhile i got bored with it to be honest... my parents bought me an acoustic.. and i basically never picked up my electric again...

ed, if anything else, i've got some books you need to borrow, read up on... i tought myself, and i don't know the things a guitarist should know.. to be honest... but if you wanna hang out maybe learn a little i'd be more than happy to show you what i know.. then you can go from there.....

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:07 AM
cool. let me know your availability.

well, i'm literally .3 seconds from sidelines.... and i'm home practically every night.. i get home about 6:30 or so...

what kind of guitar do you have?

XanRules
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Play Bass instead :D

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
i need to buy one still... if you got an extra one ill buy it...

and yes to the books that would be cool.

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:12 AM
i find bass boring. sorry

XanRules
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5XeVLJeMdE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zjgEvOy4ZY

Do you still? :D :D :D

Good Luck in your quest, by the way!

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:16 AM
not bad videos... but thanks anyway :)

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Play Bass instead :D

bass can be easier, or way more complicated....

the basics are easier though.... single notes are easier to hit than chords....

BUT chording a bass and doing all that crazy shat is insane (my room mate is an incredible bassist)

Ed, i don't have one you could buy (i did have one awhile back) but i could let you play mine, and i'll just use my room mates.....

what kind of guitar are you looking for? acoustic? electric? acoustic/electric? hollowbody/electric?

it is easier to learn on an electric, BUT i prefer an acoustic... because it builds up your fingertips then playing an electric is much easier....

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:35 AM
acoustic for now...

Clegger
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I can teach you how to play Guitar........................ Hero, its like way harder and chicks dig it more haha

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
I can teach you how to play Guitar........................ Hero, its like way harder and chicks dig it more haha

i have to disagree... it seems pretty dumb lol

Clegger
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
lol no shit man I was being sarcastic. I wish I knew how to play real guitar

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:44 AM
lol no shit man I was being sarcastic. I wish I knew how to play real guitar

as do all guitar hero's..... lol...

i think it's hilarious to see those kids in walmart thinking they are bad... you hand them a real guitar and the look of confusion takes over their faces... lol...

ed, what are you looking to spend on one.. if you don't mind me asking... and are you left or right handed?

Ed
06-12-2007, 10:45 AM
clegger thought you were being serious my bad...

right handed... not too much maybe 100-200 bucks... something simple for now

Kyle
06-12-2007, 10:46 AM
Somebody's jealous...
Eh not so much, just lol'n at you really.

i'm sorry i have a different taste in music than you....

i use to play "rock" not old rock but some of the newer stuff, but after awhile i got bored with it to be honest... my parents bought me an acoustic.. and i basically never picked up my electric again...

Ah that's cool, kinda surprised you got bored of it, but I guess things change.I played electric for a while, had a nice setup and everything, but I never had time so I just quit.

OneSlow5pt0
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
i want to learn too,next time i get a good bit of $$ im goona buy a nice starter guitar

Killer
06-12-2007, 10:57 AM
Eh not so much, just lol'n at you really.

Ah that's cool, kinda surprised you got bored of it, but I guess things change.I played electric for a while, had a nice setup and everything, but I never had time so I just quit.

i started out on an electric... it was a strat styled cheapo that my grandmother bought me..... cheap amp too....

my parent's got me a plain acoustic a couple years later.. and i fell in love.. not needing an amp to be heard wins in my book! lol.. i then took the two guitars and tore them apart.. just to see what i could do with them..... yeah that didn't work out too well! lol (oh and in the meantime i had bought an electric acoustic, it's a regal.... it's made by "CURBOW" he hand makes guitars in blue ridge and is literally world famous... mine is one of his production guitars though.. his hand mades are crazy expensive).... i also bought an ibanez arx100.... bad ass electric.. but i never touched it.. so i sold it awhile back....

ed, i'll do some looking around for you... i know some one with lefty... all you need to do is switch the bridge.. which is simple.... and i've got some other friends that may have something as well...

Kyle
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
i started out on an electric... it was a strat styled cheapo that my grandmother bought me..... cheap amp too....

my parent's got me a plain acoustic a couple years later.. and i fell in love.. not needing an amp to be heard wins in my book! lol.. i then took the two guitars and tore them apart.. just to see what i could do with them..... yeah that didn't work out too well! lol (oh and in the meantime i had bought an electric acoustic, it's a regal.... it's made by "CURBOW" he hand makes guitars in blue ridge and is literally world famous... mine is one of his production guitars though.. his hand mades are crazy expensive).... i also bought an ibanez arx100.... bad ass electric.. but i never touched it.. so i sold it awhile back....

ed, i'll do some looking around for you... i know some one with lefty... all you need to do is switch the bridge.. which is simple.... and i've got some other friends that may have something as well...
Nice, I feel like even if i continued I would have not been too great. But do you know what site I can use to figure out exactly what kind of guuitar I have. I bought it a while ago from a friend. It's one of the nicer 1996 Epiphone Les Pauls, he says he paid $600 for it but I can't figure out what exactly it is.

Ed
06-12-2007, 11:11 AM
thanks killer... let me know... im free tonight, if youre up for anything... im usually bored at nights...

Killer
06-12-2007, 11:15 AM
Nice, I feel like even if i continued I would have not been too great. But do you know what site I can use to figure out exactly what kind of guuitar I have. I bought it a while ago from a friend. It's one of the nicer 1996 Epiphone Les Pauls, he says he paid $600 for it but I can't figure out what exactly it is.

well, gibson makes epiphones.... and originaly it's a gibson les paul...... and they make A LOT of different les pauls...

epiphones are a bit cheaper than actual gibsons.. but still great guitars...

i would just google it to be honest... or maybe hit up some sort of gibson site/or guitar forum...

or look for a serial number...

Killer
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
thanks killer... let me know... im free tonight, if youre up for anything... im usually bored at nights...

i'll give you a holler later... i may get one of my other friends to come down and we can all play just strum a little. what time is best for you?

Ed
06-12-2007, 11:17 AM
im home at 7. anytime after that.

Ed
06-12-2007, 11:18 AM
you got my number?

Kyle
06-12-2007, 11:21 AM
well, gibson makes epiphones.... and originaly it's a gibson les paul...... and they make A LOT of different les pauls...

epiphones are a bit cheaper than actual gibsons.. but still great guitars...

i would just google it to be honest... or maybe hit up some sort of gibson site/or guitar forum...

or look for a serial number...
Yeah I know the basics about gibson and epiphone. It's the typical cheaper japanese/chinese countrepart. Like BBS and ASA. But yeah when I googled it I was seeing that there are tons of editions of les pauls. Thanks for the advice though, I will try that.

Killer
06-12-2007, 11:24 AM
yeah, les pauls are awesome... but there are soooo many differnt styles and editions....

if you pull up a 96 you should be able to narrow it down though...

ed, i'll pm you my number..

OneSlow5pt0
06-12-2007, 11:59 AM
one of my firends swears by ibanez,my uncle too...thats probbly what ill get too

Shawna
06-12-2007, 12:23 PM
Ed my lil bro is actually going to go to school for this and he had an offer to intern with a music label here in ATL once he graduates from HS

Killer
06-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Ed my lil bro is actually going to go to school for this and he had an offer to intern with a music label here in ATL once he graduates from HS

you trying to steal my thunder???!!!!

Shawna
06-12-2007, 04:11 PM
nope just saying thats all

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:01 AM
Did ya'll have fun at your little pow wow last night? :D

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
why ask me in this thread... when i told you about it last night....

and it wasn't a pow wow.... weirdo...

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:21 AM
How bout Shindig? That better?

I bet ya'll had boy talk about how mean girls are and blue balls and nascar, etc...

You did, don't lie :D

(jus playin boys)

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
it was fun! i need to buy my guitar...

killer i tried to play with my sisters guitar, but its so small, and it sounds so bad!!! it sucks more than bush's administration...

btw, i rock at mario party 8 on wii...

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:24 AM
How bout Shindig? That better?

I bet ya'll had boy talk about how mean girls are and blue balls and nascar, etc...

You did, don't lie :D

(jus playin boys)

the hell??? one, girls are stupid, two haven't had blue balls in awhile... (thanks to you) and nascar??!?!??! u know i don't watch nascar!!!!

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:26 AM
nascar is for rednecks...

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:28 AM
the hell??? one, girls are stupid, two haven't had blue balls in awhile... (thanks to you) and nascar??!?!??! u know i don't watch nascar!!!!

One, you're gonna get blue balls if you don't stop calling me stupid.

Two, it was a joke.

Llama :bannana:

Killer
it was fun! i need to buy my guitar...

killer i tried to play with my sisters guitar, but its so small, and it sounds so bad!!! it sucks more than bush's administration...

btw, i rock at mario party 8 on wii...

yeah man, i think you basically know how to play.. u just need a guitar... and i've played numerous times on those tiny guitars... yeah.. they blow........

as for mp8... had i known coins were not an issue... uda been raped!!!!

Killer
One, you're gonna get blue balls if you don't stop calling me stupid.

Two, it was a joke.

Llama :bannana:

i didn't call you stupid....

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:29 AM
nascar is for rednecks...

should i start watching??? i do drive that truck now!

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:31 AM

Whaddya mean they're not an issue?

P.S. Ed, I killed Killer ( :ninja: ) twice at the game.

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:32 AM
yeah man, i think you basically know how to play.. u just need a guitar... and i've played numerous times on those tiny guitars... yeah.. they blow........

yeah, i might go buy it tonight... :D

excuses... that is all...

and yes you need to watch nascar, you're a redneck... shit does that mean that if i buy a truck i must watch it as well?

me and you then... we gotta play it, ill whoop your ass too!

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM

well, one of the boards that i had played by myself, you had to have 50 coins at the end to buy a star...

we played the same board... and you didn't need any coins at all... u just had to make it to the end.... (coins were literally to buy candy, and get rides further up the board) and i didn't buy anything extra because i wanted to have the coins i needed to get the star.... :(

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:36 AM

and yes you need to watch nascar, you're a redneck... shit does that mean that if i buy a truck i must watch it as well?

maybe we could just tell people we watch it.. and talk like boomhower (king of the hill) when we talk about it.. so that way we look like we know what we're talking about!...

ed, i'll let you know next time we're playing.. u can ride up!....

and either way.. i kill at the mini games.. (babe i've been practicing.. u don't stand a chance!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!)

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:37 AM

me and you then... we gotta play it, ill whoop your ass too!

Rednecks say "whoop" :yes:

Anyways, I would skool you. Watch your back Mr. Ed, watch your back.

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
well, one of the boards that i had played by myself, you had to have 50 coins at the end to buy a star...

we played the same board... and you didn't need any coins at all... u just had to make it to the end.... (coins were literally to buy candy, and get rides further up the board) and i didn't buy anything extra because i wanted to have the coins i needed to get the star.... :(

Ah, I see. That sucks darling...

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:38 AM
maybe we could just tell people we watch it.. and talk like boomhower (king of the hill) when we talk about it.. so that way we look like we know what we're talking about!...

ed, i'll let you know next time we're playing.. u can ride up!....

and either way.. i kill at the mini games.. (babe i've been practicing.. u don't stand a chance!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!)

yeah give me a call def. i can be there in 5 minutes and 43 seconds min if i drive in evo time...

btw, i know you put it in parenthesis, but it sounds wrong, cuz you're quoting me, and sounds like you are posting to me... lol

Killer
06-13-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah give me a call def. i can be there in 5 minutes and 43 seconds min if i drive in evo time...

btw, i know you put it in parenthesis, but it sounds wrong, cuz you're quoting me, and sounds like you are posting to me... lol

i'm not allowed to call you babe? lol...

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:42 AM
i'm not allowed to call you babe? lol...

not in a public forum... :ninja:

Kelly
06-13-2007, 10:47 AM
not in a public forum... :ninja:

Like I said, last night was a "Pow Wow"

Ed
06-13-2007, 10:55 AM
Like I said, last night was a "Pow Wow"

ah you wish you were there to join in the fun... :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

mario party 8 that is... :ninja:

johnnyd
06-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Grab an acoustic, a cheap beginners book (one with a CD to listen to and play with is helpful) and have at it. Tear through the book at your own pace and when you're done practice a bit with just made up riffs on the chords you know. Work on the transitions, check out some simple tabs and youtube videos that teach you how to play things, and bam.

I've been teaching myself for 3 months now and I played my first set at an open mic the other night with a friend. It just takes a lil effort

Killer
06-25-2007, 04:07 PM
Grab an acoustic, a cheap beginners book (one with a CD to listen to and play with is helpful) and have at it. Tear through the book at your own pace and when you're done practice a bit with just made up riffs on the chords you know. Work on the transitions, check out some simple tabs and youtube videos that teach you how to play things, and bam.

I've been teaching myself for 3 months now and I played my first set at an open mic the other night with a friend. It just takes a lil effort

yeah, i've got him started on half the stuff you mentioned, books, tabs, trasitions, powerchords... he's picking up pretty well.

johnnyd
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
cool, only other thing I recommend is start acoustic, go from there. Power chords don't sound so hot on it though. But it builds up the callous on your fingers and makes it easy as hell to transition to electric