PDA

View Full Version : Any EF'ers going to the import alliance?

EvasiveEF9
06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
Import Alliance is July 14-15.
Size: Suppose to be a huge show
Cost: 1$ per car

I'm pretty sure I'm going, and I'll probably be leading the Marietta/Roswell/Woodstock/Kennesaw crew...

Crews haven't been setup, yet, though.

Curious if anyone else is goin' to this? Would love to ride up with ya'll, and/or have ya'll along with me...

More information, chec the meets section and look up "Import Alliance"

EF'ers in attendance:

01: EvasiveEF9
02:
03:

EvasiveEF9
06-12-2007, 07:21 AM
...no one interested, or are ya'll just checkin' if you can go?

mxglory258
06-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Good possibility. I'll cruise up. i hope to have my car presentable by next weekend so.

GsrCrx
06-15-2007, 09:01 PM
if i can get my car fixed by then im down man.....might as well do some mountain runs too lol

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2007, 09:07 PM
LoL, you talkin' to the king of the mountains...

GsrCrx
06-15-2007, 09:08 PM
jajajaja, well.......u talking to the king of.........uhhhhhhhhhh..............boost, lol

EvasiveEF9
06-15-2007, 09:12 PM
jajajaja, well.......u talking to the king of.........uhhhhhhhhhh..............boost, lol
Eh...you're gonna have to fight for that title...

You're up against BTLFED and Halfwit if he can get it to run right...

Toonz MIGHT be snailed...I'm not sure? I know there's someone I'm missing that's up there, too...

GsrCrx
06-15-2007, 09:21 PM
lol, i know man, i was just fucking with you, but i dont even know who btlfed or halfwit are.......

KevinT707
06-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I rather not drive 200 miles for a meet

EvasiveEF9
06-16-2007, 02:16 PM
That's only like 20bucks in gas round trip for our cars! LoL

I may reconsider and just drive to some city and party.

KevinT707
06-16-2007, 06:13 PM
That's only like 20bucks in gas round trip for our cars! LoL

I may reconsider and just drive to some city and party.
You must be crazy, I only get 240 miles per tank which costs around $25 so that's $50 round trip.

bigdare23
06-16-2007, 08:53 PM
More than likely, I wont be able to make it joker.

BTLFED
06-17-2007, 10:49 AM

:umno:

I have had a turbo and nitrous for MANY years.

I am the king of boost, along with Halfwit.

quickdodgeŽ
06-17-2007, 10:50 AM
You're up against BTLFED and Halfwit if he can get it to run right..

There is no fight. I'm going with BTLFED for the title because OGs take the cake. Halfwit comes in a definite second, though. Later, QD.

BTLFED
06-17-2007, 10:53 AM
QD knows what it is. :yes:

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 02:52 PM
There is no fight. I'm going with BTLFED for the title because OGs take the cake. Halfwit comes in a definite second, though. Later, QD.
...QD posts in our section?

It's official. The EF squad rules...

BTW, QD...went out for my first AutoX run today!!!! What a friggin' rush!

quickdodgeŽ
06-17-2007, 04:04 PM
...QD posts in our section?

Yessir. You know I'm down with old school rides. I didn't knowq you had a section until today.

It's official. The EF squad rules...

I would have said that anyways.

BTW, QD...went out for my first AutoX run today!!!! What a friggin' rush!

Fucking awesome, huh? It's a hail of a rush to be able to run your car in different directions other than straight. And legally. Later, QD.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Yessir. You know I'm down with old school rides. I didn't knowq you had a section until today.
Well, I mean, we JUST came up like...a week ago, maybe? Glad to see we've earned ourselves a position here. And yeah...judging by your ride...you're old skool.

I would have said that anyways.
Yeah, but this just makes it official...

Fucking awesome, huh? It's a hail of a rush to be able to run your car in different directions other than straight. And legally. Later, QD.
Yeah...tickets just got to be too expensive, as did my insurance. At first my dad got kinda pissy when he heard I was doing it for fear that I'd mess up my car. Despite it's completely built and paid for by me...he still worries about me messing it up... I've never really been into drag. To me drag is meant for...say...70's american muscle. If you've got something newer than that, or imported, you'd DAMN well better be able to handle a turn.

I was relatively proud, though. I THINK I placed 4th in my class (granted, it was Novice...it was still a class, damnit!). I'm just not happy cuz I feel I should have earned third. My car wouldn't stay in 2nd during my fourth go-round which held my best time. For whatever reason, it just kept kicking out. So...I'm gonna go ahead and rebuild the OTHER LS tranny and sell this one off to AgentEasy in it's current state (of which he is aware of). Looking (money depending) to go carbon synch and Si 2nd gear, and just leaving the other gears alone. I MIGHT replace 3rd with an Si gear...I just need to look at a chart with the gear ratios and compare/contrast what I'm gonna do. New bushings in the shift couldn't hurt me, either.

GsrCrx
06-17-2007, 08:44 PM
hey, i have never done autocrossing, i have mostly been a dragstrip guy, is there any requirements???

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Make sure all your shit's tied down. Have a license. Have the cash to pay the fee. Have a good running condition car. That's pretty much it. Just don't let ANYTHING be loose.

Helmet is optional. You HAVE to have one, but they hand them out at the race to borrow...but just keep in mind how many heads have been in there...

CHADbee
06-17-2007, 09:26 PM
i dont drive an ef or a honda

but i'll be there with competition clutch. all IA'rs stop by our booth and say hey!

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 09:27 PM
i dont drive an ef or a honda

but i'll be there with competition clutch. all IA'rs stop by our booth and say hey!
Give me a free clutch and I will :goodjob:

YAY FOR HANDOUTS! WOOT! :lmfao:

...ok, but seriously...

CHADbee
06-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Give me a free clutch and I will :goodjob:

YAY FOR HANDOUTS! WOOT! :lmfao:

...ok, but seriously...
lol

i can give u free stickers and we all know how much HP that will give u!

thats the point, see we give out free stickers which = more HP which = clutch going out faster which = u having to buy a clutch

muuhahahahahahaaaa!

:ninja:

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 09:44 PM
lol

i can give u free stickers and we all know how much HP that will give u!

thats the point, see we give out free stickers which = more HP which = clutch going out faster which = u having to buy a clutch

muuhahahahahahaaaa!

:ninja:
Whoa...that's pretty tricky! Ok, I'll take...hmm, I'll go mild. How about 80hp worth. At the wheels. Not the clutch.

CHADbee
06-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Whoa...that's pretty tricky! Ok, I'll take...hmm, I'll go mild. How about 80hp worth. At the wheels. Not the clutch.
most stickers are worth 5whp each but the ones we just ordered are worth 10whp each. we should have them next week and i'll make sure to save some for import alliance :goodjob:

StraightSix
06-17-2007, 11:37 PM
hey, i have never done autocrossing, i have mostly been a dragstrip guy, is there any requirements???

The tech inspection for auto-x is pretty simple. The battery must be properly held down. Throttle return springs have to work. All lug nut must be in attendance. Tires must not be showing cords. Remove the driver's side foor mat. A lot of people will remove all loose items from the car, which I would recommend; it can be very disconcerting when you hear a random clunk from a loose bolt in the spare tire well rattling around.

Entry fees for SCCA sanctioned events usually run $30 for non-SCCA members. Loaner helmets are available, but they can get, uh, "funky". Your helmet must be a M2000 or better.

That's all I can think of for now. I just got back from a track event at Rockingham and I'm a touch tired.

EvasiveEF9
06-17-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, same here. I'm tires as shit. Trying to convince someone to come "cuddle" LoL

M2000. I gotta remember that. That's the info I needed.

StraightSix
06-18-2007, 08:37 AM
I'd really recommend trying to find a M2005 or SA2005 helmet, though. The 2000s are only going to be useable for about 2 years.

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Really?

And how exactly do they rate those things? "M2000 holds up to 2000 hits with a hammer at 50lbs of pressure" LoL

StraightSix
06-18-2007, 06:18 PM
LOL.

The M stands for Motorcycle. SA is special application. The difference is that the foam and lining of a SA helmet is fire retardant. The 2000, 2005, etc. is the year in which the certification was filed.

All helmets are subjected to testing by Snell Labs, iirc. Snell then certifies the helmet. Here's (http://www.smf.org/) the web site for Snell, if you want to read up about the testing procedures.

BTLFED
06-18-2007, 06:28 PM
but i'll be there with competition clutch.

Hey Chad!!!

No one cares! :tongue1:

CHADbee
06-18-2007, 06:33 PM
hey chris!!!!

DIAF!!!!

please....

BTLFED
06-18-2007, 06:41 PM
Hey Chad!

Give me a free clutch!

NOW!

CHADbee
06-18-2007, 06:44 PM
ok i'll give u a free clutch next time i see u

free clutch=free sticker

just incase u didnt know.

BTLFED
06-18-2007, 06:49 PM
Cool. I'll give you a swift kick in the sack next time I see you.

Kick in the sack=kick in the sack

Just in case you didn't know.

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 07:04 PM
LOL.

The M stands for Motorcycle. SA is special application. The difference is that the foam and lining of a SA helmet is fire retardant. The 2000, 2005, etc. is the year in which the certification was filed.

All helmets are subjected to testing by Snell Labs, iirc. Snell then certifies the helmet. Here's (http://www.smf.org/) the web site for Snell, if you want to read up about the testing procedures.
Badass...so now my question is why would I want flame retardant...so my body can melt...BUT MY FACE IS FINE FTMFW!!!!

LoL, Jk JK, I know, they make flame retardant suits and stuff...it's just funnier if they pulled my crisp body from a car....BUT MY FACE IS MINT!

StraightSix
06-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Well, the decision between a M or SA helmet hinges upon what you see yourself doing. For SCCA or NASA autocross, and most HPDE events a M rated helmet will be just fine. If you're going to go wheel to wheel racing, then the SA is the way to go.

The way I was thinking about it when I bought my helmet was what I saw myself doing in about 5 - 10 years. Eventually, I want to race with NASA. So, the SA was what I went with. That way I don't have to buy another helmet once I have a real racecar.

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 10:55 PM
True that. Valid point. I don't know...I'll probably go SA. Just gotta raise the money.

Black R
06-18-2007, 11:13 PM
Is this the big honda meet that all the ppl from honda-tech are going to?

If so, I was thinking of attending.....

EvasiveEF9
06-18-2007, 11:16 PM
...not that I know of. Mostly this is just the EF's of IA, I think...

Post up your HT link. I'd be interested to see what they're up to.

Black R
06-20-2007, 04:17 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1873955

yup, that's it..... now i just have to figure out which car to take.....

EvasiveEF9
06-20-2007, 07:11 AM
Oh, LoL, my bad. For some reason I thought you were talking about the EF meet...not import alliance.

What do you have...rex and teg?

BTLFED
06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Oh, LoL, my bad. For some reason I thought you were talking about the EF meet...not import alliance.

What do you have...rex and teg?

An EF9 that owns everyone on here and Integra's. I'll let him talk about the Integra's if he wants to.

EvasiveEF9
06-20-2007, 06:04 PM

An EF9 that owns everyone on here and Integra's. I'll let him talk about the Integra's if he wants to.
LoL, I wasn't being an ass to him. Just curious what his garage looks like.

Do you think it's faster than a PIMPrunner? :lmfao: