PDA

View Full Version : Getting Condensation out of Spark plug hole, how???

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 08:43 AM
Ok, this weekend i was driving around the teg and it started acting fool. I put in some fuel treatment earlier that morning, so that's what i thought it was, so i changed my fuel filter thinking for some odd reason it got clogged:thinking:

Fast forward...I went through spark plug wires, didn't fix the problem took out the spark plugs and viola i found my problem, condensation on the spark plugs. Before i installed the spark plug that had the condensation, i did a brave move and turned over the car in hopes that it would push out the condensation or burn it off. I installed the spark plugs and pretty much all is good, the car is running at 98%. The other 2% is when i press on the gas at times, i still feel a little bit of hesistation, like there is still some more condensation in that spark plug hole.

How do i got about getting all of this condensation out? Do i remove the spark plug again and turn the engine over to dry the condensation or what?

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Now, are you talking about condensation IN the motor or just on the spark plug on the outside or something? :thinking:

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 08:52 AM
naw just the like the spark plug hole.

when i pulled out the wire saturday there was condensation on the wire, i wiped it off and took out the plug and there was condensation/water on the plug and socket when i pulled it out.

i cleaned the engine bay like 2weeks prior and NOW it's doing this. you know how the vtec engines have the spark plug cover, so i figure that's why it took so long to show it's true colors.

but no it's not IN the motor, just the plug hole

2.0civic
06-11-2007, 08:55 AM
if its in the plug hole its in the motor :)

Is it oil, gas, or what? does it keep reappearing?

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 09:07 AM
no it wont keep reappearing, it only got there because i cleaned the motor and i guess this time i sprayed that area too much with water.

i checked my oil and there is no sign of water in the oil

2.0civic
06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
im kind of confused. Its in there but now its not. Its not reappearing but yet you got it off but somehow its still there?

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 09:20 AM
it's like there is still some 'remnants' if you will of condensation left. i got most of it out when i took the spark plug out and wiped off the spark plug wire.

before when the car FIRST started acting up i basically had no power, i would floor it and it would do nothing but sputter. but since i have replaced my plugs and got most of the condensation out, only time i can recognize it act up is SOMETIMES when i'm in first and taking off from a light and it'll do a little 'sputter' at around 3k rpms then it'll be fine

SpecV_Scott
06-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Use some dielectric grease on the plugs, where the plug wires connect with them. That should keep moisture from getting to the contacts. You can get it at any parts store, and probably even Wal-Mart.

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 09:37 AM
ok...

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 10:15 AM
It kinda sounds like you may have a weak wire anyway.

If you are arching across the boot somehow, the wire should be replaced anyway.

Have you checked the cap and rotor? If your wires got that soaked and had condensation, then its totally possible they got the same treatment. BTW, next time wait until the engine is cool before doing that.... :D ;)

It sounds like you only a dry vac and a hammer.

Dry vac to suck up the water, a hammer to beat on it if it keeps running rough. :D

william_jeff
06-11-2007, 10:24 AM
lol @ the hammer

yea i checked the cap and rotor button before i tried the wires and they were fine, no condensation in them.

i wanted to upgrade on wires anyway. the wires i bought from advance auto were some BS wires anyway, when i pulled them off to replace the plugs two of the 4wires came apart...BS.

i'm about to be on the market for some 9mm or 10mm plug wires