View Full Version : I'm also looking for a job!!

JessAlba452
06-10-2007, 12:00 AM
Oh yes, it's that time.

First up is the sob story...

I had a bartending job lined up for me from a friend of mine, but it fell through after I said I could start in 2 weeks. Wanted to give my other job 2wks notice to be courteous and professional. Only thing is that they waited for a short while before hiring someone else in my place!

Next is what I need...

I'm intrested in a job that doesn't really have to do with restraunt work. I would like to make the ammount that I was making which averages to $14/hr. Without working as a server.

The restraunt business is what I grew up with (family business), so that is why I would like to expericence a new career path.

I've always wanted to work with dogs, so if there's anyone hiring for veterinary technicians and willing to train let me know ASAP!

Open to any kind of job you know of that can make around that much/more, as long as it's legal.

No scams please.

Information You Need...

If you need further information let me know. I may have forgotten and left a few things out from this post.

- 20 years old
- Female
- I am fluent in English as it is my main language
- Chinese as a second language (spoken)
- French as a third language (spoken/read/written)
- I have worked in a restraunt with high stress environment, so I can deal well.
- Know how to operate a cash register
- Good at taking orders
- Always willing to learn something new
- Photoshop CS experienced
- Microsoft Word experienced
- General IT work/Troubleshooting
- Skilled in area of music
- Photography
- Slight automotive body work (sanding, painting, masking, bondo/body filler)

I am located in Gwinnett Co. Near I-85 with reliable transportation and clean record.

That's about it!
So if you or anyone you know has a job for me leave a post or PM! :)

Thanks!

Nismo
06-10-2007, 12:54 AM
Will you marry me?
LOL, Ill keep an open ear for ya

JessAlba452
06-10-2007, 02:40 AM
LoL thanks :) hopefully I can get one really soon!

My last day is on Monday.

I've tried craigslist and some footwork without luck.

2Fast4Radar
06-10-2007, 07:02 AM
You should build a formal resume, post it on hotjobs.com and search on there. I had the best luck with HotJobs compared to monster. Careerbuilder isn't bad, either.

JessAlba452
06-10-2007, 09:58 PM
I do have a resume at monster and hotjobs, but without any luck...even had a few scammers reply back.

Guess this is a bump up for the thread lol

osiriskidd
06-10-2007, 11:15 PM
are you willing to travel down near N. Druid hills? my friend jsut got into a vet. clinic and he said its pretty good. he helps clean up dogs for about 8/hr, but iunno what you'd be doing. prolly secretary work.

JessAlba452
06-11-2007, 01:59 AM
No problem driving down there. LoL in fact I'm there at least once or twice a week to visit friends.

I'll take it up for a while just to see what it's like and if it's really something I want to go to school for in the future. Always wanted to be a veterinarian ;)

What can I do to get the job?

BTW anyone else that has offers, or knows of any go ahead and reply. I'd just like to know what's out there, and available!

jaystar
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
a we need some at compound

Black R
06-11-2007, 08:57 PM
do you have a problem taking your clothes off for $?

there are plenty of strip clubs, etc that are always hiring.....

JessAlba452
06-11-2007, 11:15 PM
do you have a problem taking your clothes off for $?

there are plenty of strip clubs, etc that are always hiring.....

I have dignity first and foremost. So that is why I prefer to get a regular job.

I've had a few friends that have been in the business, and some well...they get caught in a life they don't want to be in.

--->jaystar - What's the position and pay over there?

jaystar
06-12-2007, 12:00 PM
he was looking for bartenders and bottle girls i don't know how much tha pay is but i know u make alotta money.Also check Jermaine Dupri club studio 72

JessAlba452
06-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Bumping this back up.

Black R
06-13-2007, 08:16 PM
I have dignity first and foremost. So that is why I prefer to get a regular job.

I've had a few friends that have been in the business, and some well...they get caught in a life they don't want to be in.

--->jaystar - What's the position and pay over there?

I feel you, but not all strippers are sluts - it's hard to understand, for me especially! But hey, some put themselves through school that way... but you're right on many accounts.

A friend of mine is the director of hospitality at the Ritz Carlton Buckhead. They are always hiring.

With your skills, I'd expect you could get a front desk job. The pay is quite nice, and it'll be something good to put on your resume. Also, they make some pretty good tips - it's not surprising to get a $100 bill tip from a wealthy guest.

JessAlba452
06-13-2007, 11:18 PM
Ah very nice! I should go check that out.

I'll be starting a job tomorrow selling / organizing motorcycle and ATV parts. So wish me luck!

Always open for offers though lol ;)

Nitro
06-13-2007, 11:43 PM
Ah very nice! I should go check that out.

I'll be starting a job tomorrow selling / organizing motorcycle and ATV parts. So wish me luck!

Always open for offers though lol ;)

good luck babes.......imma still keep my eyes open for u ;)

LeX
06-15-2007, 09:07 AM
just started and might get a raise. I hear ya! organize shit quick :D

JessAlba452
06-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Ah don't think I was really cut out for it lol. At least they think I'm a fast learner!