PDA

View Full Version : Dual 7" Motorized at Wal Mart???

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-09-2007, 11:29 PM
was at walmart tonight and saw that they are now carrying Dual 7" Motorized in dash units...for $300...hm :thinking:

Has anyone bought one of these or know if they are any good?

DJ XtRaKŠ
06-10-2007, 10:10 AM
dont do it

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Don't listen to the above. I read the other day where Wal-Mart's official brand of stereo, Dual, has become a formidable force in the high power stereo market. This year's front runner in the IASCA series is running a full Dual system. Later, QD.

Bballjamal
06-10-2007, 11:05 AM
lol

Kyle
06-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Eh to my knowledge there really arent that many makers of motorized 7 inch monitors. There may be a bunch of brands, but they are essentially the same. This is probably the same as the Jensen unit, and I know people who are happy with theirs. If their is a decent warranty you might as well.

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-10-2007, 01:26 PM
aight i wasnt sure i know that walmart is trying to get their hands on some higher end manufacturers but it just sounded to good to be true. 7" Motorized (im about 40% sure it said touchscreen)...200watt output. Figure ill try it and if it falls thru as long as u have a recipt you can get your money back. Thanks for the help guys Reps for you!!

If anyone else has more info it would be greatly appreciated.

Kyle
06-10-2007, 01:35 PM
aight i wasnt sure i know that walmart is trying to get their hands on some higher end manufacturers but it just sounded to good to be true. 7" Motorized (im about 40% sure it said touchscreen)...200watt output. Figure ill try it and if it falls thru as long as u have a recipt you can get your money back. Thanks for the help guys Reps for you!!

If anyone else has more info it would be greatly appreciated.
Plus if it's not that great I am sure you can sell it on IA no problem.

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-10-2007, 01:47 PM
lol true true. Guess ill get one within the next couple of weeks. Ill keep everyone posted and let ya know how it is

98strat
06-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Also don't forget that walmart takes almost everything back.

DJ XtRaKŠ
06-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Don't listen to the above. I read the other day where Wal-Mart's official brand of stereo, Dual, has become a formidable force in the high power stereo market. This year's front runner in the IASCA series is running a full Dual system. Later, QD.

you shut your mouth you! DUAL SUCKS FAT DONKEY BALLZ!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Mad Mike
06-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I have the dual 7" touchscreen motorized indash dvd player model #XDVD8181.

I've had it in my car for 2 months and I'm 100% happy with it. Sounds, plays and works perfictlly. Plays all cd and DVD and has a great picture. Plus at $300+/- it leaves you $ to spend on speakers or other things.

Double_0_Rusty
06-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Dude don't do it. whatever you do dont buy a Dual or Jensen.Panisonic 7in flip outs are better look for CQ-VD605U or CQ-DV6503U. Video quality is awesome. Still cheaper than the best Alpine and it gives those a run for their money. Also they are Ipod ready and Xm ready. DONT GET DUAL or JENSEN. PM me for somemore info

BanginJimmy
06-10-2007, 06:41 PM
Dual, Jensen and the like usually work fine for about 6 months. After that they goto shit. Its your typical chinese made, mass produced, low quality parts walmart brand.

Kyle
06-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Dual, Jensen and the like usually work fine for about 6 months. After that they goto shit. Its your typical chinese made, mass produced, low quality parts walmart brand.
Well if wal-mart continues to replace them then I imagine it would be worthwhile investment. Personally, I would rather just have a $300 alpine head unit and not mess with flip-out monitors.

quickdodgeŽ
06-10-2007, 07:34 PM
DONT GET DUAL or JENSEN.

Dual, Jensen and the like usually work fine for about 6 months. After that they goto shit.

You guys sound like people that hate all black folks because one black guy did something to wrong you. My complete Jensen system(headunit, subs, amps, component speakers, wires, Sirius receiver and amp kit) that I had in 2 cars for over 4 years never gave me one problem. And paying a total of $200 off various sellers on Ebay for all brand new shit was not a problem at all for me, either. I'd give it a shot. Later, QD.

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-10-2007, 09:01 PM
if i were putting a new reciver in a car i would just go with a head unit but i got a 2000 Tundra and i was looking to put in a monitor.

I did some research and the dual that walmart sells is the XDVD700. if you go to duals website you cant even find that model which kinda worries me but id say all they advertise is their top of the line. The only difference i found in all of their in dash units is their best was XM ready, Blue Tooth, and IPod capable <<XDVD8381 i believe. the XDVD700 is exactly the same minus the Blue Tooth and XM.

on walmart.com i found several other brands. Jensen and i believe an Alpine and theres not a whole lot of price difference. You can have anything off their website shipped to any walmart you want and you wont have to pay for shipping. Just gotta decide what i want now.

Double_0_Rusty
06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
You guys sound like people that hate all black folks because one black guy did something to wrong you. My complete Jensen system(headunit, subs, amps, component speakers, wires, Sirius receiver and amp kit) that I had in 2 cars for over 4 years never gave me one problem. And paying a total of $200 off various sellers on Ebay for all brand new shit was not a problem at all for me, either. I'd give it a shot. Later, QD.

No sir I mean I'm not trying to knock Dual or Jensen, just saying where I work we sell Panasonic flip outs by the tons. We also get calls say oh my dual/jensen went to hell, what do you have that is cheaper than Alpine with the same quality. All I am trying to throw out there is you get what you pay for. I wouldn't buy one of those cheaper brands just because I know what we have at my work that competes on the same level as an Alpine but just cheaper. Yet again to each their own right? Anyhow whatever you chose to buy goodluck with it. Didn't mean to come off as an ass or anything..

Oh and QD i have approx. 600 in my stereo. Alpine head unit (newest one out), Rockford Fosgate amp kit, Diamond Audio Technologies D1 Amp, 2 Diamond Audio Technologies D1 10's.

hXc007
06-10-2007, 10:21 PM
dude, i work at wally world (the new one off of powder springs rd. in marietta) and if i were you, i would try the jensen. i heard from alot of customers that its really great. we have them at my store and they only cost $398. i havent really heard much about the dual one though

and if you buy it and you dont like it for whatever reason, you can return it within 60 or 90 days. thats the electronics return policy

so yeah

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-10-2007, 10:28 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking about doing...how much are the Panasonics at the shop you work at?

I used to work at walmart also but when i was there all their head units were shit...i had the dual motorized face headunit from walmart and i thought it messed up one time so i beat the hell out of it...come to find out it was fine just a ground fault=\ lol and it still worked great. Id LOVE to have alpine but if the panasonics are as good and in my price range ill get one of those.

Lemme know if you would man

Double_0_Rusty
06-10-2007, 10:38 PM
yeah thats what i was thinking about doing...how much are the Panasonics at the shop you work at?

I used to work at walmart also but when i was there all their head units were shit...i had the dual motorized face headunit from walmart and i thought it messed up one time so i beat the hell out of it...come to find out it was fine just a ground fault=\ lol and it still worked great. Id LOVE to have alpine but if the panasonics are as good and in my price range ill get one of those.

Lemme know if you would man

the panisonics are double the price of the Dual and jensen....but yet still cheaper than Alpine....in the area of 700, and I have 4 in stock of each right now.

hXc007
06-10-2007, 11:00 PM
i will check the price on the panasonic one tomorrow when i go into work at 2

every wally world can set their own prices, so some stuff that may be high priced at one wal-mart, might be cheap at another just have to kinda look around

Double_0_Rusty
06-10-2007, 11:03 PM
i will check the price on the panasonic one tomorrow when i go into work at 2

every wally world can set their own prices, so some stuff that may be high priced at one wal-mart, might be cheap at another just have to kinda look around

hell yea give him a good deal....700 is as low as i can go on these

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-11-2007, 04:33 PM
aight thanks guys! Reps for all the help. When i get some cash ill give yall a yell.

hXc007
06-11-2007, 06:51 PM
no luck at my wal-mart for the panasonic one

it seems we know longer carry that particular model at our store anymore

but we still have the dual and jensen one though

good luck dude :goodjob:

Double_0_Rusty
06-11-2007, 08:17 PM
i checked my prices today and i can get you one for 650 and that is the lowest I can go

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-11-2007, 11:36 PM
aight sounds good man. If you can sell my boat for me ill pick one up from you and give u a lil something on the side :goodjob:

Double_0_Rusty
06-12-2007, 07:57 AM
aight sounds good man. If you can sell my boat for me ill pick one up from you and give u a lil something on the side :goodjob:

lol i hear ya...what kind of boat is it?

AtifSajid
06-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Dual is a Best Buy brand if not mistaken. But yeah its 50/50 buy..

TrickcitykustomsPrez
06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
14' Peterson Fishing Boat (fiberglass)

40hp Suzuki Less than 20 hours on it like new under the cover...

Trolling Motor

Humming Bird Fish Finder

This is a nice fishing boat...ive only taken it out like 2 times and unfortunately havent had time to because of work.

The boat is 14' long and about 5' wide so it is very stable. about 1-2' deep. I will be posting it in the for sale section with pictures soon. Asking $2500 (Neg)

jblaudio06
06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
as for flipouts...i use alpine d310......i also like kenwood and esclipse...yes they are pricey but def. worth it

quickdodgeŽ
06-12-2007, 07:04 PM
Dual is a Best Buy brand if not mistaken. But yeah its 50/50 buy..

You are mistaken. Wal-Mart. Later, QD.

Double_0_Rusty
06-12-2007, 10:20 PM

Agreed:goodjob:

AnthonyF
06-13-2007, 08:08 AM

i had a 7" flip out jensen for about 2 years. maybe i was just lucky?:thinking: nann.

dont buy a flip out tho. it's a shitty investment. Get a 5-10" screen depending on what u can fit and get it custom made into your radio bezel. A little more $$$ but looks 10x better

buddha@TeamFX
06-13-2007, 08:39 AM

QD they also have DUAL at best buy...atleast in Gainesville...Thats where I looked at them at and then went to Wal-Mart and got the one for $299...The one at best buy looked good and it was touchscreen I will be hooking mine up tonight in my truck to my 2-10's I'll let ya'll how it is.

sirkus
06-13-2007, 11:18 AM
I had a Dual cd player in my first car. Three months it worked fine, then it started just cutting off while driving. Then the sub out quit working. So then I bought a Sony Xplod after that... had more problems with it than what I did from the Dual.
Circuit city sells jensen too, surprised me. I wound up getting a Pioneer AVIC-N3 anyways :) It's WELL worth the money.

renfrat
07-01-2007, 03:16 AM
yo buy it hook it up and if it sux return it dude they will return anything plus like i know with their guns some of them they only make just for walmart possibly the same for their stereos

wazzyatl
07-02-2007, 11:57 PM
hey, you get what you pay for... i mean they arent the best but they are not bad.. i actually like the graphics of the unit.. a lot of my friends have bought them in the past.. and no complaints!! dual aka SONY!!<<<

SPL_Jetta
07-06-2007, 07:24 PM
I have the Dual x700, or at least a variant of that model, and i have had it for a year, no problems at all, video quality is good, it gets kinda hot when using the screen for a long while, but i just aim one of my a/c vents to help with the cooling. The A/V output voltage is incredibly high. I used to have a clarion pro-audio unit, and i had to turn up my gains on my JL amps to about 3/4 to get a decent amount of volume out of them. Now with the Dual unit, my door speaker JL amps that i use cant be set higher than about a little more than a 1/4 without being too loud to turn past 10 (of 40). Its worth the shot, but i think i got a factory freak or something, because mine is great.

only draw back, weak radio signals, but thats what mp3 cds and dvd-cd's are for

jb55
09-03-2007, 01:10 AM
i rocked the dual 7" double din for a while...from best buy a loong time ago...anyways it was good for the price and even better priced now! only things i didnt like was the touchscreen is not nearly as responsive as my pioneer is, the wireless remote was pretty much useless, no fucking clock display on it...im serious drove me nuts, doesnt play some of the less known file formats, too bright at night the 1 dim control does nothing, and the worst: no subwoofer control! But on a good note it has like 3 tilt settings, i think all duals come with there lil signature ipod hook-up in the box, picture quality is good for the price! all in all...decent unit for the price as long as u get a warranty!

>>>just buy my pioneer avic-d3!!!

03scooby03
09-04-2007, 01:47 PM
i purchased a dual doubled-inn from best buy not to long ago, its not horrable but needless to say i returned mine, picture quality is good but sound quality could be better.

PenginHatch
09-06-2007, 05:12 PM
i have a dual ten with a 300 watt amp and its nothings special but it does sound and perform very nice

j225
09-12-2007, 09:57 PM
duals suck

TheUsed801
10-15-2007, 06:42 PM
Hey everyone, noticed this thread was a little old, but I just bought the Dual XDVD700 unit from my local WalMart here in Oklahoma [not here by choice... military]. Tried to install it myself, but I eventually had to go to my stereo shop to have it modified to play DVDs. Installation of the unit itself is very easy, minus the safety parking brake feature. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I went and brought it in, had a toggle switch thrown on it and now everything works great.

Great picture quality for the price, great sound quality. I really don't want to hear anyone knocking either of them, since I departed from my Premier deck that I only bought 3 months ago, which put out AMAZING sound quality. This Dual doesn't fall far from it. Behind it I've got 4 Pioneer speakers in the doors, 2 Kenwood 12", and one Kenwood 1000 watt amp.

I'm VERY happy with this unit, and I really didn't expect it to put out the kind of sound that it does. Unless something breaks on this thing, it's worth the money. Very much so. And even if something does happen, the unit comes with a standard one year warranty. What more could you want for 300 dollars?

THEONE
10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Hey everyone, noticed this thread was a little old, but I just bought the Dual XDVD700 unit from my local WalMart here in Oklahoma [not here by choice... military]. Tried to install it myself, but I eventually had to go to my stereo shop to have it modified to play DVDs. Installation of the unit itself is very easy, minus the safety parking brake feature. Maybe I was doing something wrong, but I went and brought it in, had a toggle switch thrown on it and now everything works great.

Great picture quality for the price, great sound quality. I really don't want to hear anyone knocking either of them, since I departed from my Premier deck that I only bought 3 months ago, which put out AMAZING sound quality. This Dual doesn't fall far from it. Behind it I've got 4 Pioneer speakers in the doors, 2 Kenwood 12", and one Kenwood 1000 watt amp.

I'm VERY happy with this unit, and I really didn't expect it to put out the kind of sound that it does. Unless something breaks on this thing, it's worth the money. Very much so. And even if something does happen, the unit comes with a standard one year warranty. What more could you want for 300 dollars?

is a sales rep for dual ^^^ hehehe

khailon
10-19-2007, 06:45 PM
bump for dual

secondgencamaro
10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Don't get the dual. I've had to exchange so many of them because they **** up before the car is even back in the customer's possession.

mocha latte cupcake
10-20-2007, 11:47 PM
possibly THE easiest install EVAR! i did 2 today at work and honestly... it installs like a radio regular and the bypass switch is beyond easy to do... but yeah i'd honestly save the money til i could get a alpine or something

integra938
10-21-2007, 02:19 PM
i have the Dual 7' flip out and i am very happy i have had it for 2 months and no problems.. and the dvd movies look Great on it !!

jb55
11-30-2007, 07:42 PM
the xdvd 8281 double din is nice i just got that one cuz its cheap and does everything else a double din does minus navi but i dont use that! had it for maybe 2 mths now, no problems

tubby
12-05-2007, 05:16 PM
i got one from someone i know and its grate for wat it is. if u dont want to spend 800 on a screen than buy that one its good, i recommend amping ur mids and highs, the output isent that grate.

b@d @pple
12-05-2007, 09:53 PM
if i see another post giving credit to a bull**** brand like dual im deleting this thread an banning all that had a part in it!...thank you and **** off

sina518
12-05-2007, 10:13 PM
^^^^^ hahahahahahahahaha.

sina518
12-05-2007, 10:15 PM
congrats on top 100

b@d @pple
12-05-2007, 10:16 PM
thanks

sonic30101
12-12-2007, 06:49 PM
You guys sound like people that hate all black folks because one black guy did something to wrong you. My complete Jensen system(headunit, subs, amps, component speakers, wires, Sirius receiver and amp kit) that I had in 2 cars for over 4 years never gave me one problem. And paying a total of $200 off various sellers on Ebay for all brand new **** was not a problem at all for me, either. I'd give it a shot. Later, QD.

no, i worke a circuit city and unfortunately we carry jensen products. when it comes to car audio, to a certain point you get what you pay for. you dont have to spend the money on jl products to get good sound, but jensen, dual, pyle, phase linear, pyramid, most car audio brands you havent heard of before that you can find on ebay, or any other crap that you can find at the flea market isn't something that i would put in my car and if one of my friends installed it i would have to kick them in the nuts.

0\s accord
02-25-2008, 08:31 AM
i wouldnt go with dual i think they cheap brand but i might be wrong but i went with a 3.6 inch screen for my indash does everything and more but smaller screen and who wants to watch tv and drive am i right?

sonic30101
02-28-2008, 07:26 PM
"i wouldnt go with dual i think they cheap brand but i might be wrong but i went with a 3.6 inch screen for my indash does everything and more but smaller screen and who wants to watch tv and drive am i right?"

is that by chance the wierd din and a quarter looking jvc in dash with the 3.6" screen?