PDA

View Full Version : what do you put on spaghetti ??

miro_gt
06-09-2007, 03:29 PM
I'm cooking me some at the moment, and those should be ready in 20 min :D

so I was wondering what do you people like on spaghetti ?

I usually put mutzarella cheese, feta cheese, and lots of ketchup ..

Benefit
06-09-2007, 05:10 PM
cocaine

quickdodgeŽ
06-09-2007, 05:14 PM
Is this a gay question? Later, QD.

BluesClues
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Ketchup on spaghetti?

xLSTONEx
06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
pizza sauce, cheese, and RANCH!!!!!!!!!!

I think i'll go make some right now...

Benefit
06-09-2007, 05:24 PM
lol @ qd

BluesClues
06-09-2007, 05:27 PM
Never tried ranch on spaghetti. Might need to start lol

disrupt
06-09-2007, 07:33 PM
mutzarella
lol.

B18c1Turboed
06-09-2007, 07:37 PM
Melted cheese!!!

Total_Blender
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
I make my own tomato sauce that uses canned whole tomatoes (never use fresh unless you want to be cooking all day) carrots, onions, and, mushrooms, green pappers, garlic, and white wine (the cheapest chardonnay you can get works best). To season the sauce I use dried parsley, dried basil, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper.

1.) Strain all the juice and pick all the seeds out of the canned tomatoes. save the juice, discard the seeds.

2.) Take the juice from the tomatoes and add the dried herbs and simmer this down untill its at about a third of the volume. This will take a while, but you do the rest of the stuff while it simmers.

3.) Take the canned tomatoes and place them on a sheet pan under the broiler (yes, the broiler) untill the edges start to char. This will take maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Check on it every few mins. to be sure it doesn't start burning.

4.) chop up the veggies. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet and sweat the veggies. A sweat is like a saute but the heat is lower. When the onions get clear take it off the heat.

5.) mix your broiled tomatoes, and your veggies with the reduced tomato juice. Let this reduce to the right consistency. If you like it chunky its good to go. If not you can put it in the blender.

If you want meat with the sauce:

1.) use equal proportions of the leanest ground beef you can get (for filler/texture), ground pork (for flavor), and ground lamb (yes lamb, also for flavor).

2.) after the veggies ad done, add your meat and saute untill browned.

3.) season your meat with garlic powder, onion salt, and black pepper.

Another big part about spaghetti is not overcooking the pasta. I like to use angel hair because it is thinner so its easier to twirl onto a fork and it thinner noodles hold sauce better.

Ranch + spaghetti = the not good

Cheese in a green can + spaghetti = the not good

phongt12
06-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I just get Prego, throw in ground beef, and then add on speghetti noodles lol. However, this thread gets my vote for most useless thus far.

Ltdnismorace
06-09-2007, 09:11 PM
sauteed garlic and butter sauce, it's the sex

Lizbiz101
06-09-2007, 10:40 PM
Ketchup!?!?!?! Hell naw!! I put some sugar on mine!!!

Clegger
06-09-2007, 10:46 PM
sauteed garlic and butter sauce, it's the sex

good job! Finally a real answer.

I also would put pesto and garlic

dkjohnson04
06-10-2007, 01:19 AM
sugar?? haven't heard that one before and ketchup.... doesn't sound much better!!! italian sausage and prego with about 2lbs of garlic salt and parm.. cheese..thats the shit

TheGodfather
06-10-2007, 01:29 AM
Wow, creative ways to ruin spaghetti, haha.

The perfect spaghetti is good old sauce, home made by my Italian Grandmother is the best I've had, and some parmesean cheese on top.

Simple and great.

KPowerEP3
06-10-2007, 02:18 AM
i go out in my back yard, pick up a fresh steamy one from my rottweiler,throw it in the blender with some red koolaid, no sugar, and dump that shit on top.

seriousely though...take some sauteed garlicslivers, like you'd use a razor to cut, cook it until it's almost liquified, add some olive oil, toss the spaghetti in it, then toss some fresh parm-reggiano in there too. thats the awesome.

Total_Blender
06-10-2007, 08:38 AM
I have put chili on my spaghetti once, that wasn't too bad. I hear thats how they do it up North, and its called :cincinnatti style". They put cinnamon in their chili too, so take that with a grain of salt (literally, because chili should be salty, not sweet). I think you can get regular chili and pasta from steak n' shake.

Prego and the bottled sauces are OK I guess. I haven't found one chunky enough for my taste.

Friggintitsman
06-10-2007, 08:41 AM
Cambodian Breastmilk

Julio
06-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I got the best recipe in the planet... But I wont say =]

Theres actually 100 Ways to make them.

VooDooXII
06-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Vodka Sauce!!! Plus a ton of parmesan cheese.

Vteckidd
06-10-2007, 03:43 PM
crushed red pepper, garlic, butter

texas toast :)

miro_gt
06-10-2007, 05:48 PM
this is how it looks

http://www.imghut.net/images/74489.jpg

miro_gt
06-10-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm gonna try some of the suggestions next time :D

Tinton
06-10-2007, 06:40 PM
I'm gonna try some of the suggestions next time :D

Me too, except for the dog shit, sugar, ketchup, and the cambodian breastmilk. All of those are nasty.

speedminded
06-10-2007, 07:01 PM
I make my own tomato sauce that uses canned whole tomatoes (never use fresh unless you want to be cooking all day) carrots, onions, and, mushrooms, green pappers, garlic, and white wine (the cheapest chardonnay you can get works best). To season the sauce I use dried parsley, dried basil, dried oregano, and crushed red pepper.

1.) Strain all the juice and pick all the seeds out of the canned tomatoes. save the juice, discard the seeds.

2.) Take the juice from the tomatoes and add the dried herbs and simmer this down untill its at about a third of the volume. This will take a while, but you do the rest of the stuff while it simmers.

3.) Take the canned tomatoes and place them on a sheet pan under the broiler (yes, the broiler) untill the edges start to char. This will take maybe 10 - 15 minutes. Check on it every few mins. to be sure it doesn't start burning.

4.) chop up the veggies. Add a drizzle of olive oil to a skillet and sweat the veggies. A sweat is like a saute but the heat is lower. When the onions get clear take it off the heat.

5.) mix your broiled tomatoes, and your veggies with the reduced tomato juice. Let this reduce to the right consistency. If you like it chunky its good to go. If not you can put it in the blender.

If you want meat with the sauce:

1.) use equal proportions of the leanest ground beef you can get (for filler/texture), ground pork (for flavor), and ground lamb (yes lamb, also for flavor).

2.) after the veggies ad done, add your meat and saute untill browned.

3.) season your meat with garlic powder, onion salt, and black pepper.

Another big part about spaghetti is not overcooking the pasta. I like to use angel hair because it is thinner so its easier to twirl onto a fork and it thinner noodles hold sauce better.

Ranch + spaghetti = the not good

Cheese in a green can + spaghetti = the not goodThat's what i like to hear! :goodjob: No seeds and stems, lol j/k :tongue: Been getting myself motivated to go make some for the last 30 minutes and next thing i know there's already a thread on it, lolol.

One (1) can tomato sauce with "special" seasoning, minced garlic, and a lil chardonnay. I despise stewed tomato's...i don't know why but can't stand them -- i'll eat them if they are in something but i won't put energy towards making something with them in it. Maybe it has something to do with when i was 13 years old and planted 100 tomato plants (yeah 100!)...could only eat so much fresh tomato and canned the rest. I made $1,200 that summer selling them by the basket though! :tongue:

Tonight the choice of meat is going to be italian sausage with a little extra seasoning. Hrmm...maybe i'll post a pic. I don't have any fresh parmesan though and don't feel like going to the store!!

speedminded
06-10-2007, 07:06 PM
Wow, creative ways to ruin spaghetti, haha.

The perfect spaghetti is good old sauce, home made by my Italian Grandmother is the best I've had, and some parmesean cheese on top.

Simple and great.lolol, i wanna see you tell your italian grandmother her homemade sauce is simple :tongue: