PDA

View Full Version : Land to go shooting?

TheSnail
06-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Anyone know of open land, to legally go shooting in GA? Like within 1hr away for Marietta. Iv searched and found game land near by but I dont know if I can just go out there and start shooting. Im tired of shooting in my yard and its also not legal and there are no more squirrels left. So anyone know of a place to shoot or know someone with land that wants to get rid of groundhogs or something?

koukis14
06-09-2007, 04:24 PM
College Park

TheGrillMan
06-09-2007, 05:19 PM
College Park

tahahahaha +1

quickdodgeŽ
06-09-2007, 05:21 PM
JaimeCBR can vouch for my place as a cool shooting range. Outside, on my back porch and fire off into the river below. Later, QD.

TheSnail
06-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Ive been thinking about hunting Coyote. In GA there is no Season for them, and No regulations of anysort. So I was thinking, if I go to walmart, get a hunting license for $10, grab my AK and go to the game land, would that be all I would need to do? . I went to the local gunstore, walmart, and that sporting goods store on Barrett. No one had a clue on hunting coyote. Im gonna call Bass Pro shop and see if they know.

Blitanicle99
06-09-2007, 07:57 PM
You can go hog hunting in south GA for nothing. Lots of land owners love for people to rid their land of hogs. If you mean shooting range type of thing that you dont have to pay ridiculous prices, pm me.

TheSnail
06-09-2007, 08:53 PM
^^^ Yeah I would be up for anything other then paper target shooting. I only have 3arcres which basically means I aint gonna see shit. I just came in after standing motionless in my back yard with my .22 for an hour, pretending I was in the middle of the woods hunting and not seeing the neighbors house on the other side of the bushes. The only thing I killed was about 30 mosquitoes after losing a pint of blood to them.

koukis14
06-09-2007, 09:58 PM
Ive been thinking about hunting Coyote. In GA there is no Season for them, and No regulations of anysort. So I was thinking, if I go to walmart, get a hunting license for $10, grab my AK and go to the game land, would that be all I would need to do? . I went to the local gunstore, walmart, and that sporting goods store on Barrett. No one had a clue on hunting coyote. Im gonna call Bass Pro shop and see if they know.

http://www.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,4802_4979,00.html

There might be something in there, if not call them Monday.

DrunkScotsman
06-09-2007, 11:51 PM
buford hwy or norcross , apparently there is no gun law or hunting restrictions there!

RandomGuy
06-10-2007, 01:04 AM
lmk before you go this time i got some new toys

ps: how long do those licenses last i got one about mid july last year aren't they for 1 year or are they for 1 season

TheSnail
06-10-2007, 01:28 AM
^^^ I think its one year. But in the past several hours I have found a ga hunting forum and registerd. I found that they have hunting land leases or what they call hunting clubs. Basically people with land lease out their land to like 10-15hunters for like $600 per year. Its a shit ton of acres too. I found a bad ass one thats like 1500acres of nice land with a 3acre pond and stuff for $650. Im definalty going to get a membership. The owner allows you to bring a friend 2 times during your membership. So once I get the membership if you want we can roll out there, shoot guns and go fishing at the pond, since I know you like to fish.

KPowerEP3
06-10-2007, 02:10 AM
coyote = vermin animal = open season in GA...

no bag limit, no tags, no nothing, just kill those bastards... $10 basic hunting license is all ya need in case DNR pulls up

RandomGuy
06-10-2007, 03:22 AM
werd i'm down bro

i saw ur boy dave at BP a week ago... iwas like damn he drove from bumblefuck to civilization hahha jk :)

David88vert
06-10-2007, 07:13 AM
^^^ I think its one year. But in the past several hours I have found a ga hunting forum and registerd. I found that they have hunting land leases or what they call hunting clubs. Basically people with land lease out their land to like 10-15hunters for like $600 per year. Its a shit ton of acres too. I found a bad ass one thats like 1500acres of nice land with a 3acre pond and stuff for $650. Im definalty going to get a membership. The owner allows you to bring a friend 2 times during your membership. So once I get the membership if you want we can roll out there, shoot guns and go fishing at the pond, since I know you like to fish.

That's where I am lucky. I already have my own house and acreage in South GA - loaded with deer.

High Falls has a few small clubs. That's about as close to Atlanta as you can get that is still good. Madison county is decent I hear also. I am down in Schley.

Friggintitsman
06-10-2007, 08:45 AM
I saw a guy get shot 5 times in Buckhead a few years back. I hear it's popularity is still growing. So you may try there.