PDA

View Full Version : Awesome kill! Crown Vic

Subleg4
07-06-2005, 04:44 PM
Last leg of my shift I spot 3 imports going head to head down the freeway (35W@lake south) and I estimated the speed around 80 MPH. I floor my unmarked and catch up at 38th street in very light traffic and hold with these guys for another mile to get a good speed for the records. I suspect the drivers thought my blacked out cruiser to be one of those "sporty" crown vics and they went for another 25 MPH at this point. I kept up with them while waiting for backup but didnt hit the lights. They added more to bring them past 110 MPH (felony) but I kept right up with them. Knowing where my backups were I pushed MY cruiser another 10 over them to get them into a "box" with the other marked unit behind, both of us hit our lights at the same time and left them no where to go.

During the first part of the arrest the one driver said "I cant believe your cop car beat me!"

All the drivers were cited with felony speed, careless driving and one had a N2O bottle in the rear and it was cold.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=435987

Thrust
07-06-2005, 09:34 PM
GREAT KILL!!!!! Talk about owned. Whenever I see a newer Crown Vic, I ease off of the gas (if I am speeding). Anytime a Crown Vic swoops down on you you should slow down. You just never know if it is a unmarked.

man
07-06-2005, 09:50 PM
lol I was reading that yesterday

99SI
07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Reading his other posts in that thread he actually seems to be a pretty cool cop.

AltimaCharlie
07-08-2005, 09:43 AM
i can spot crown vic headlights from miles behind me. of course i'm always stoned so i get paranoid.

accordon17s
07-08-2005, 10:48 AM
i can spot crown vic headlights from miles behind me. of course i'm always stoned so i get paranoid.

Watch out for the Stratus's and Cameros they have too......

Cliff
07-08-2005, 03:07 PM
don't be an idiot and drive stoned and it won't matter

Repost Squintz
07-09-2005, 09:32 AM
don't be an idiot and drive stoned and it won't matter
ownage!!!!!!! and yeah this whole story is complete ownage, :goodjob:

Kalifornia087
07-09-2005, 06:04 PM
lmao!! that was an awesome kill!!! 3 idiots all in one!!!

smoxe
07-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Ya and DOraville has these dope looking Robocop mustangs..also Irocs..You can spot em durring day easily,at night hah good luck

auxiliary
07-23-2005, 12:37 AM
owned

ahmonrah
08-03-2005, 01:19 AM
,dayummmmm!

DrivenMind
08-03-2005, 02:15 AM
i can spot crown vic headlights from miles behind me.

No kidding... the only time I speed is late at night now, and I've literally spent hours studying what a Crown Vic looks like at night, just to keep my ass safe. I guess it's a blessing in disguise we've got a cop open about what he does on IA....

If it means shit to you guys, I appreciate what you do. Though I wish you'd lighten up on the "responsible" street racers.

If that makes any sense.
Hell you may very well be the cop who arrested me recently...

edit: oh and my buddy just won a "reckless driving" (getting sideways in the rain) charge against you guys in Doraville, but he told me he was pulled over by a Marauder.

edit 2: since I never have the opportunity to "talk peer to peer" to an officer of the law I figured I'd mention this.

"Anyway I dont expect 88GTU to like me or other officers, just be polite and odds are you might get a break. Actually I dont expect to be liked by anyone for that matter."

You said that in the other forum, yet I am one of the most polite people you will meet in a traffic stop. I go out of my way to be nice and respectful to police officers even when my friends can press their buttons and some how get away with it. I was arrested last may because I accelerated to 79 in a 45 and jumped on the brakes before realizes the two motorcycle cops were there. My clutch and flywheel where brand new and installed by myself and a friend, I was literally testing them for the first time because I had to get on the highway later that day. The officer pulled me over and placed me under arrest (at the entrance of my neighborhood.) the second I stepped out of the vehicle. Call it immature or what you want, but I desperately wanted to kick his Harley off the curb and into oncoming traffic. I even got scolded for slamming my handcuffs against a brick wall before the cruiser came to get me. You may think that "being polite" helps, but I can tell that in my experiences it's bullshit. It doesn't matter how polite, honest or truthful you are, it has everything to do with the mood the officer is in and what kind of day he's been having.

"I'm taking this one in! You're my first arrest of the day."

that's great... I found out later that day, that a guy from my high school (I actually thought he was a friend of mine) who wanted to sell some weed to my brother (not knowing he was my brother) decided to pull a knife on him, a few minutes from where the cops were shooting radar again three days after my own arrest. How Ironic.

You can be as polite as you want, but sometimes you have to be thankful for "officers discretion."

superbooost
08-03-2005, 06:22 AM
thats damn funny.

chuck
08-03-2005, 06:54 AM
i love my 92 daily driver crown vic....the purple monster

do you have the police package or anything on yours??

ŁG2♣
08-03-2005, 09:04 AM
yeah doraville cops car looook crazy just another car off the streets but at night try spot em you cant tell if there a cop or not....

RotiEatter
08-03-2005, 02:05 PM
Subleg04 is a cop, lets kick him off the forum!

Subleg4
08-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Ya, Fuck Subleg04! He tried making his username the same as mine but it didnt work cause I dont have an 04.

chuck
08-03-2005, 04:46 PM
i'm so confused now...haha

ColdFuZioN
08-03-2005, 10:32 PM
did everyone see the cop who drove through the wall on the news... cops cant drive there heavy battle ships worth a shit and i have outrun a cop before and had them crash and got away.. i look at it as a game with different endings for both partys not all cops live through a traffic stop as not all street racers live through a good race so may we all rest in peace

BlueRex
08-27-2005, 05:42 AM
I was on 85 n yesterday around 7:15 pm. Doing about 70 around hwy 316. I went to go in front of the car in the left lane, floored it whiped in front of him to get out from behind the guy in front of me. Out of the left lane i see a CV with the basher bar come flying around the car behind me then gets behind me and runs right up my ass tailgateing me. Not even sure if it was a cop yet i'm looking in the rear view trying to see and just waiting for the lights. Windows where blacked out all i could see was a hand on top of the steering wheel. Then i see him wave at me in the rear view, goes around and passes me on the right. Dekalb PD on the side. Then i watch him stich threw traffic had to be doing 100+ no lights and that was that. Maybe he wanted to race the WRX or was just scareing me to slow down.

tony
08-27-2005, 07:53 AM
There are a couple of cops on other forums that are pretty cool, one guy started an "ask a cop anything" thread on acura-tl.com and answered every question as honestly as he could.

I've had an unmarked crown vic try and do the same to me but I wasnt racing, I just wanted to get home cause I had a long day.

BTEC
08-27-2005, 08:35 AM
this cop doesnt seem that bad but he is a cop and u never know. i find it funny how he tells the story though, in the kills forum too. HELL YEAH!! ive seen too much crooked cop action to post but what r u gonna do? i hate when cops do like 40 on the highway and everybody else slows dwn to 40 bc they dnt want to pass, i bet cops get a kick outta that. i used to wrk on cops cars at ford and i couldnt wait to go drive them bc its totally different when ur behind the wheel, traffic totally changes.