PDA

View Full Version : I just want to explain something to everyone who believes in me.

God
06-07-2007, 06:50 PM
http://www.bornslacker.net/hostedimage/christianity.jpg

Tracy
06-07-2007, 06:51 PM
FTW!!!!

Julio
06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
:goodjob:

seksicarlovinchick
06-07-2007, 07:41 PM

I guess I'm supposed to be pissed because I'm Catholic...but its fucking funny...just goes to show you that christians have a great marketing team somewhere...its all in how you say it I guess...

Tracy
06-07-2007, 07:44 PM
I love it.

boyownsb14
06-07-2007, 07:54 PM

True that!

Fr33way
06-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Why is zombie capitalized?

seksicarlovinchick
06-07-2007, 08:01 PM

I think because Jewish explains Zombie and Jewish is a proper name? Or maybe the person who made it was stupid...

quickdodge®
06-07-2007, 08:02 PM

Because you are "supposed" to capitalize all names in deity. Later, QD.

Fr33way
06-07-2007, 08:12 PM
Because you are "supposed" to capitalize all names in deity. Later, QD.

Wouldn't "his" and "father" be as well then?

quickdodge®
06-07-2007, 11:23 PM
I don't do it, but that is how it is "supposed" to be. Later, QD.

Fr33way
06-07-2007, 11:39 PM
I understand that. Like the reference "Him" as in the Lord...

I suppose I was saying if that were the case they all would be capitalized and not just Zombie. Just nitpicking for the hell of it.

SpecV_Scott
06-07-2007, 11:40 PM
That shit is awesome!

ShooterMcGavin
06-07-2007, 11:49 PM
lol, space in hell for everyone here

God
06-08-2007, 11:02 AM
you do know "hell" originally meant in aramaeic a place for garbage/trash/refuse what we would call today a "dump"

quickdodge®
06-08-2007, 11:03 AM
you do know "hell" originally meant in aramaeic a place for garbage/trash/refuse what we would call today a "dump"

Or a trailer park. Later, QD.

ep9716
06-08-2007, 11:31 AM
I Don't Understand This. Would It Be That I'm Not Religious Or My Stupidity Or Both?

Doppelgänger
06-08-2007, 11:57 AM
Or a trailer park. Later, QD.or some threads on IA for that matter. But not this one.

Sol-Badguy
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Wow.

God
06-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow.

by wow
i can only assume
you mean
AWESOME

Lizbiz101
06-10-2007, 11:14 AM
by wow
i can only assume
you mean
AWESOME LIRL :lmfao:

Extrememustang
06-10-2007, 11:18 AM
So are you trying to be a smartass and say you dont believe in religion? I mean could you imagine if there was no hope for soemthing better when you die. The world would be more of a hell then what it is now. People wouldn't care right from wrong.

Lizbiz101
06-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Here we go.....LIRL

That took long enough!!!

stillaneon
06-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Maybe some people think death is what's better.....

God
06-11-2007, 01:29 AM
So are you trying to be a smartass and say you dont believe in religion? I mean could you imagine if there was no hope for soemthing better when you die. The world would be more of a hell then what it is now. People wouldn't care right from wrong.

see many posts above for what hell actually is.

Sh0rtys
06-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Maybe some people think death is what's better.....

yea look how many ppl commit suicide a year

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM

And that differs from "Hell" as most people believe in which way? :thinking:

Kelly
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
Ugh...

This makes me sick to my stomach. It's one thing to not believe in it but making fun of someone elses beliefs is another.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
Ugh...

This makes me sick to my stomach. It's one thing to not believe in it but making fun of someone elses beliefs is another.

somehow i think making fun of someones elses beliefs is better than going to war over it.....ie: the crusades, the jihads, etc.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 09:15 AM
somehow i think making fun of someones elses beliefs is better than going to war over it.....ie: the crusades, the jihads, etc.

I don't preach to people or bash buddist, muslims, etc... That is a sick thing to post.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't preach to people or bash buddist, muslims, etc... That is a sick thing to post.
then for every person like you, there are 9 others that do preach to ppl or bash another religion :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 09:40 AM

Actually it's not different. Intollerance is the same regardless of measure.

Religion, just like life, has changed and evolved since the crusades. So although the core beliefs have remained, the tactics and methodology have come a long way since witch hunts and church trials. Although I believe that some people still hold on to that ONE life preserver as their steadfast rationale for their own inability to refute common sense. ;)

Is the U.S. gov't bad because they killed and stole land from Native Indians or are they bad because of what they are doing NOW? Please tell me that people's spiritual and common sense beliefs today are not based on 11th century ideas.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Actually it's not different. Intollerance is the same regardless of measure.
so you are saying there aren't varying degrees of intolerance or different levels with which it can be expressed?

"B"
06-11-2007, 10:51 AM
May the mighty wrath of Killer decend down upon you all.

lmfao

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
^^^looks like the not so mighty wrath of your unfunniness has already descended upon us.... :D

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 10:54 AM
so you are saying there aren't varying degrees of intolerance or different levels with which it can be expressed?

There are, but the bottomline is that NONE of it is good. ;)

So your intolerance to religion is just as wrong as Christian's intolerance of Muslims in the 11th century. Wrong is wrong is wrong, right? :D ;)

"B"
06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
^^^looks like the not so mighty wrath of your unfunniness has already descended upon us.... :D

Check your rep, cocksucker.

"B"
06-11-2007, 10:56 AM

So your intolerance to religion is just as wrong as Christian's intolerance of Muslims in the 11th century. Wrong is wrong is wrong, right? :D ;)

Three wrongs make a right I guess.:lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 10:57 AM

haha, i see where you're coming from, reminds me of the a sin is a sin, god doesn't rank them in any order.....but, from a nonchristian standpoint and maybe from society todays standpoint, there are different levels of wrong, and that's all i was getting at ;) :goodjob:

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 11:00 AM
So is making good hearted jokes about Christianity wrong? Actual question, not a joke or smartass comment. Later, QD.

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
That is wrong on so many levels, period.

"B"
06-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Technically, making good hearted jokes about anything that could be considered offesive is wrong. But this pussy ass society is too got damn soft IMHO. Fuck all ya'll bitches.

Tiff-O-Bitties
06-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Technically, making good hearted jokes about anything that could be considered offesive is wrong. But this pussy ass society is too got damn soft IMHO. Fuck all ya'll bitches.

How do you figure?

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 11:12 AM
haha, i see where you're coming from, reminds me of the a sin is a sin, god doesn't rank them in any order.....but, from a nonchristian standpoint and maybe from society todays standpoint, there are different levels of wrong, and that's all i was getting at ;) :goodjob:

Exactly.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
So is making good hearted jokes about Christianity wrong? Actual question, not a joke or smartass comment. Later, QD.

How the heck is it good hearted? I'm as close to Jesus as I am my own family members, if not more. How would you feel if someone posted a picture making terrible fun of your family? Because it is no different to me.

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
I said good hearted stupid. Do you not know the difference in good hearted and tasteless? Later, QD.

"B"
06-11-2007, 12:02 PM
How do you figure?

Which part?

XanRules
06-11-2007, 12:08 PM
I said good hearted stupid. Do you not know the difference in good hearted and tasteless? Later, QD.

Actually, it was REALLY tasteless...which is actually why I thought it was so funny :cheers:

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 12:11 PM
I wasn't even talking about this particular thread. Later, QD.

XanRules
06-11-2007, 12:12 PM
I know. I was just commenting on the fact that I thought it was funny because it WAS so tasteless.

.blank cd
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Nothin like a good religion thread to tear everyone apart :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
How the heck is it good hearted? I'm as close to Jesus as I am my own family members, if not more. How would you feel if someone posted a picture making terrible fun of your family? Because it is no different to me.

:werd: yo

http://www.deathrowtshirts.com/images/products/JESUS-HOMEBOY_DR.jpg

"B"
06-11-2007, 12:17 PM
This thread is a perfect example about how society as a whole has gone soft. People bitch about everything they can. People sue over stupid shit that was their fault. People can't take a joke or a comment without banning or firing someone.

Fuck nappy headed hoes.
Fuck religious people who push that shit on you.
Fuck people who can't take a joke.
Fuck people who can't just relax and have a good time.
Fuck the Spurs.
Fuck the Cowboys.
Fuck the Yankees.
Fuck IA.
And fuck you.

I feel better now. See how soft society has become?

XanRules
06-11-2007, 12:19 PM
OH YEAH!?

WELL

UM

SHIT

"B"

Does Jesus tuck you in at night?
Does he make things better when shit goes wrong?

ShooterMcGavin
Nothin like a good religion thread to tear everyone apart :goodjob:

religion, tearing ppl apart since 1095 :goodjob:

http://www.burningcross.net/inquisition/missionaries/crusades.jpg

"B"
Nothin like a good religion thread to tear everyone apart :goodjob:FUCK YOU

lol

"B"
06-11-2007, 12:21 PM
the only difference in believers and non-believers is:

Believes hope they aren't going to hell. Non-believers know we are already here.

Think about it Kelly, what has God given you that a non-believer doesn't have? Not a got damn thing.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
This thread is a perfect example about how society as a whole has gone soft. People bitch about everything they can. People sue over stupid shit that was their fault. People can't take a joke or a comment without banning or firing someone.

Fuck nappy headed hoes.
Fuck religious people who push that shit on you.
Fuck people who can't take a joke.
Fuck people who can't just relax and have a good time.
Fuck the Spurs.
Fuck the Cowboys.
Fuck the Yankees.
Fuck IA.
And fuck you.

I feel better now. See how soft society has become?

While I agree that society as a whole is very soft and sissified, there are certain things that are funny and others that are not.

Example: Racial jokes. Some are so funny that they make you pee in your pants. Others are funny only to those that find the subject funny. So eventhough it technically was a "joke", it wasn't very funny to the majority of people listening. Does that mean that jokester has to have a little more class or does that mean that the listener needs to lighten up? :thinking:

Basically, when you are truly kidding around about something 99.9% of people will know right away that it's truly a joke. If you have a very mixed reaction, then your "joke" was either delivered wrong or just wrong all together.

There are certain things people should NEVER "joke" about in my book; someone's family/children, someone's religion, someone's misfortune. If that's too many boundaries, then so be it. I just think that respect and tact dictate that people NOT pour salt into someone's wounds and then call it a "joke" and laugh about it. That's just you being an ass and hiding behind a smile. ;)

My :2cents:

Kelly
06-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Actually he's given me a lot. He lets different people experience different things so I'm not pissed at him for letting someone like 50 cent have riches that I don't have.

It's life, and i'm fine with that :dunno:

XanRules
06-11-2007, 12:28 PM
While I agree that society as a whole is very soft and sissified, there are certain things that are funny and others that are not.

Example: Racial jokes. Some are so funny that they make you pee in your pants. Others are funny only to those that find the subject funny. So eventhough it technically was a "joke", it wasn't very funny to the majority of people listening. Does that mean that jokester has to have a little more class or does that mean that the listener needs to lighten up? :thinking:

Basically, when you are truly kidding around about something 99.9% of people will know right away that it's truly a joke. If you have a very mixed reaction, then your "joke" was either delivered wrong or just wrong all together.

There are certain things people should NEVER "joke" about in my book; someone's family/children, someone's religion, someone's misfortune. If that's too many boundaries, then so be it. I just think that respect and tact dictate that people NOT pour salt into someone's wounds and then call it a "joke" and laugh about it. That's just you being an ass and hiding behind a smile. ;)

Yup. Knowing your audience is the most important thing.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 12:30 PM
the only difference in believers and non-believers is:

Believes hope they aren't going to hell. Non-believers know we are already here.

Think about it Kelly, what has God given you that a non-believer doesn't have? Not a got damn thing.

A goal.

Judging by your response, ironically enough maybe you could benefit from having a more positive goal in your life since you already think you're in hell. ;)

.blank cd
religion, tearing ppl apart since 1095 :goodjob:

http://www.burningcross.net/inquisition/missionaries/crusades.jpg

That picture is dying for a caption too

Kelly

Exactly. It's like some people throw stuff out there just to get other peoples feathers ruffled so they can sit back, with a smile, and watch as they get flammed. I just don't see the point behind it all.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Actually he's given me a lot. He lets different people experience different things so I'm not pissed at him for letting someone like 50 cent have riches that I don't have.

It's life, and i'm fine with that :dunno:
see, it's the very thought that someone like 50 cent could go to heaven that helps to turn me off from religion.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 12:44 PM
It's like some people throw stuff out there just to get other peoples feathers ruffled so they can sit back, with a smile, and watch as they get flammed. I just don't see the point behind it all.

It's called being a passive aggressive person.

If you have a dry sense of humor and it makes YOU look like a retard, that is totally permissable and even encouraged. It only makes YOU look like a retard.

In contrast, when you are so discontent with your own life that you have to resort to purposely irritating people for the mere purpose of getting your rocks off by seemingly cool ways.....you're nothing but a loser. You are purposely inflicting discord for your own pleasure. Those kinds of actions make the perpetrator of such cowardly acts a true loser at life.

Fight if you must, argue if you believe your point is valid, have your own opinion and voice it.....all fine and good. But if you must resort to throwing a cat into a dog pen just because you think it's "funny", you are a loser who has a meaningless life existance.

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 12:45 PM
Jaime. Since this Kelly person has decided to wield her lack of intelligence on my question(which was originally posed to you), would you care to take a stab at my question now? Lolol. I had asked if clean, good natured Christian jokes are still wrong. Example of such:

One day God called Jesus and his helpers into a meeting.
God said that he wanted them to create a data base on heaven’s super computer.
He said He wanted them to list everyone who had ever been born and all the good and bad things that each had done since the beginning of time.
They all said they could do that and so they sat at their keyboards for hours, then days and weeks.
Finally they were almost done when there was a power failure in heaven and the computers all went off. Only seconds later the lights came back on and all the computers started to re-boot. There was much crying and gnashing of teeth and pounding of keyboards as this happened. Down at the end of the table sat Jesus with a big smile on His face.
Why was Jesus smiling amongst all this dismay?

Jesus Saves!

Is this blasphemy or sacrilegious or mean? Later, QD.

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 12:46 PM
and watch as they get flammed.

How does one get "flammed?" If I wanted to "flam" you, how would I? Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 12:48 PM
see, it's the very thought that someone like 50 cent could go to heaven that helps to turn me off from religion.

Why should that bother you? EVERYONE has the right to be happy until THEY do something to make themselves unhappy, right? Why should heaven be any different?

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Why should that bother you? EVERYONE has the right to be happy until THEY do something to make themselves unhappy, right? Why should heaven be any different?
i see no justice, no right, in someone going to heaven who who has willingly committed sin after sin (no longer talking about 50 here, just in general). yet if they somehow truly, willingly, repent before they die, they get whisked away to an eternity of good times. i'm sorry but i can't talk myself into believing that, i can't will myself into believing it, faith or no faith.

Psycho
06-11-2007, 12:53 PM
:lmao: your picture pleases me

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 12:54 PM
i see no justice, no right, in someone going to heaven who who has willingly committed sin after sin (no longer talking about 50 here, just in general). yet if they somehow truly, willingly, repent before they die, they get whisked away to an eternity of good times. i'm sorry but i can't talk myself into believing that, i can't will myself into believing it, faith or no faith.

I do have to agree with this. This is one of the few questions I have about religion. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 12:57 PM
Jaime. Since this Kelly person has decided to wield her lack of intelligence on my question(which was originally posed to you), would you care to take a stab at my question now? Lolol. I had asked if clean, good natured Christian jokes are still wrong. Example of such:

One day God called Jesus and his helpers into a meeting.
God said that he wanted them to create a data base on heaven’s super computer.
He said He wanted them to list everyone who had ever been born and all the good and bad things that each had done since the beginning of time.
They all said they could do that and so they sat at their keyboards for hours, then days and weeks.
Finally they were almost done when there was a power failure in heaven and the computers all went off. Only seconds later the lights came back on and all the computers started to re-boot. There was much crying and gnashing of teeth and pounding of keyboards as this happened. Down at the end of the table sat Jesus with a big smile on His face.
Why was Jesus smiling amongst all this dismay?

Jesus Saves!

Is this blasphemy or sacrilegious or mean? Later, QD.

Actually to ME, that is funny. I wouldn't take that as purposely trying to irritate me at all.

By contrast, a picture whose ONLY purpose IS to irritate people that believe in Jesus is NOT something that I find particularly funny at all. There is a big difference. Your joke is exactly that, a joke. Funny and non-inflammatory. The picture in the first page here is the purposeful and inflammatory kind. It serves no other purpose. Much some racial jokes, it is only funny to those that believe in the subject.

You know me better than most. I am easy going and roll with the punches often, until there's a reason to punch back. Some things people on IA think is funny, I chalk up to immaturity and lack of upbringing. This subject is no different. You can be funny w/o purposely throwing someone else's feelings under the bus.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 12:59 PM
You can be funny w/o purposely throwing someone else's feelings under the bus.
absolutely, however i have a feeling that 90% of those posting in the WL haven't and couldn't pass a course in sensitivity...

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 01:00 PM
absolutely, however i have a feeling that 90% of those posting in the WL haven't and couldn't pass a course in sensitivity...

I have a feeling that you're right. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Actually to ME, that is funny. I wouldn't take that as purposely trying to irritate me at all.

By contrast, a picture whose ONLY purpose IS to irritate people that believe in Jesus is NOT something that I find particularly funny at all. There is a big difference. Your joke is exactly that, a joke. Funny and non-inflammatory. The picture in the first page here is the purposeful and inflammatory kind. It serves no other purpose. Much some racial jokes, it is only funny to those that believe in the subject.

You know me better than most. I am easy going and roll with the punches often, until there's a reason to punch back. Some things people on IA think is funny, I chalk up to immaturity and lack of upbringing. This subject is no different. You can be funny w/o purposely throwing someone else's feelings under the bus.

Good answer. Later, QD.

Psycho
06-11-2007, 01:04 PM
LOL My name is mentioned in the bible code.
http://www.bible-codes.org/mene-tekel-pole5_bible-prophecy.htm

Who is Thomas?

Who is the one doing the investigating and measuring of Babylon? The bible code answers itself: It is "Thomas." But the context leaves one to assume that it is actually the Spirit of God within Thomas that is doing the measuring.

The difference between Thomas and sinful men appears to be that of the motive of the heart: Thomas wanted to believe yet could not (without proof), but sinful men choose not to believe simply because they do not want to follow Jesus. Thomas is rebuked and forgiven for his sin. But if Thomas is rebuked by Jesus (cf., John 20:27) for not believing, "how then shall the ungodly and the sinner fair on the day of judgment?" (1Pet. 4:18.) The bible code answers (http://www.bible-codes.org/mene-fully-literal-1b-bible-riddles.htm) this fearful question too.

Thomas is the (doubting) Thomas of the New Testament. He is one of the 12 disciples that is famous for having doubted the resurrection of Christ and insisting on proof before he would believe. Jesus gave him the proof that he asked for by having Thomas put his hands into his own nail-marked hands, etc. Therefore, "Thomas," (doubting Thomas, as he is known today), is a symbolic name that includes all those that need proof of the resurrection of Christ before they can believe, (Jn. 20:26-31). Therefore, "Thomas," here, refers to all who study the bible codes and are looking for evidence as to why they should believe on Jesus. (The book of Revelation likewise makes use of individuals by name; personages who are known types of some distinct character trait, cf., Revelation 2:14, 20).

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Therefore, "Thomas," (doubting Thomas, as he is known today), is a symbolic name that includes all those that need proof of the resurrection of Christ before they can believe, (Jn. 20:26-31).

That's pretty much me to a Tee. I am a believer, but not fully. Later, QD.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 01:08 PM

Religion is not about justice, it's about someone's FAITH to believe in something.

Far too often people such as yourself believe that bedside confessions and sudden "beliefs" are automatic tickets to heaven. They are not always. WE have no way of KNOWING who goes to heaven until we get there. So what makes you think 50 or anybody else that tries to sneak in with a last minute manifesto IS going anywhere but where they belong? In other words, WE are not to be the judges of that trial. There is only ONE judge. HE will make the determination weather someone's heart is truly where it should be or they are merely hiding behind that smile again.

You should not choose to believe in God or not based on WHO is going to be your neighbor in heaven. That is not choosing God, that's just wanting to BE God and that's wrong. Forget 50, forget Hitler, forget Gandhi. THEY chose their own paths and will either pay or be rewarded for those choices. It has zero bearing on YOU. NONE. So why worry about them instead of you? Why?

Psycho
06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Thomas wanted to believe yet could not (without proof)

^ that creeps me out

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 01:13 PM
Here is a picture that I have always thought was funny and (to me) not wrong(besides maybe the cursing?). Later, QD.

Psycho
06-11-2007, 01:14 PM
^repped

"B"
06-11-2007, 01:36 PM
A goal.

Judging by your response, ironically enough maybe you could benefit from having a more positive goal in your life since you already think you're in hell. ;)

I wrote my piece before I read your post. It wasn't a response to your post.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 01:37 PM

Not trying to "nut swing" but this is exactly how I feel. I already said this was not a "good hearted joke" QD. Your joke was "tasteful" you could say. Not a picture of Jesus / joke like that- it is very "tasteless" if you ask me.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Here is a picture that I have always thought was funny and (to me) not wrong(besides maybe the cursing?). Later, QD.

This, again, is ok. Just not a picture of Jesus dying on the cross--- the main reason christianity exists. It's a little more touchy then Mose parting the waters. :goodjob:

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 01:40 PM

See, that's funny. Nothing wrong with it, except maybe the cursing for the little ones. That's funny. That's humor.

Much like if someone came up and called your child ugly, not Ms. Amanda because she's beautiful :D ....but any other child :D , you will immidietly take it personal. People, as Kelly stated, hold their religious belief system very close to their heart....and they should. So therefore when you step on their toes about that, you are stepping on something they hold near and dear to them hence why they take it very personal at times. It's only a natural reaction to the situation. Just like I wouldn't think a "joke" about any of my children would be funny....I too have a very narrow window in which I feel religious "jokes" are funny.

.:Zero:.
06-11-2007, 01:41 PM
Religion is an escape for people who need some one else to tell them the meaning of life, or for people who are afraid of death and need the reassurance of an after life.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Religion is an escape for people who need some one else to tell them the meaning of life, or for people who are afraid of death and need the reassurance of an after life.

And that's your opinion. We'll all find out one way or another...

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 01:48 PM
Religion is not about justice, it's about someone's FAITH to believe in something.
i didn't say it was, but we as human beings have come to believe in justice, irregardless of if we believe in religion. therefore i operate in that way, i see things for the most part in a white and black, right and wrong. i don't see any reason to conjure up faith to believe in something that doesn't promote that, if you get my drift.

Far too often people such as yourself believe that bedside confessions and sudden "beliefs" are automatic tickets to heaven. They are not always. WE have no way of KNOWING who goes to heaven until we get there. So what makes you think 50 or anybody else that tries to sneak in with a last minute manifesto IS going anywhere but where they belong? In other words, WE are not to be the judges of that trial. There is only ONE judge. HE will make the determination weather someone's heart is truly where it should be or they are merely hiding behind that smile again.

that's not what i believe per se, but that is a very real possibility given the religion is it not? and if so, even if in their hearts they are truly repentent, in my eyes that should not absolve them of all past wrongdoings.

You should not choose to believe in God or not based on WHO is going to be your neighbor in heaven. That is not choosing God, that's just wanting to BE God and that's wrong. Forget 50, forget Hitler, forget Gandhi. THEY chose their own paths and will either pay or be rewarded for those choices. It has zero bearing on YOU. NONE. So why worry about them instead of you? Why?

who said i was worried about them? i just know that if i went out tomorrow and massacred a dozen ppl, i would not want to be in heaven, ever, via any method, period. so i guess in that same sense i wouldn't expect anyone else to even want that to happen. there are heinous acts that no amount of repentence should wash away, that's my belief. you can argue faith, the fact that christ already died for your sins, god is the only judge or anything else that might make my opinion null and void in the christian sense but hey, that's what i believe and that's free will right?

"B"
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Doesn't it piss you people off that you pray and pray and pray and nothing really happens?

Or that a non-believer (50 Cent) or fake believers can have everything they ever wanted, but you can barely pay your own bills?

06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
And that's your opinion. We'll all find out one way or another...
Would you believe me if I said that if I eat 4 quarters, I can shit out a dollar bill? Would you believe your priest if he said he has candy in his pocket if you reach into it? Follow your own religion, fear what you choose to fear, live how you want to live. Don't waste your life in fear of an un-known entity who will smite you for farting wrong.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:07 PM
Would you believe me if I said that if I eat 4 quarters, I can shit out a dollar bill? Would you believe your priest if he said he has candy in his pocket if you reach into it? Follow your own religion, fear what you choose to fear, live how you want to live. Don't waste your life in fear of an un-known entity who will smite you for farting wrong.

Again, it's faith. I believe because I've experienced God. It's a feeling, a certain peace inside. He helps me overcome some things, other things I feel, is a test. Why does He test us?--- because He wants us to prove our love to Him and prove our faith, that we know He'll eventually, in HIS own time, bring us thru. He honestly comforts me when I'm upset, He provides for me - "B" - when I think their is no way out (physically, financially, emotionally). He really does. I'm not gonna preach to you guys. He's real, to me.

However, I am open minded to the fact that different people have thier own convictions- I went thru a period when I wouldn't read magazines. I have had lots of confidence issues and I decided they only hurt me (cuz I wanted to look like all those girls, blah blah blah). I know people who are convicted over watching CSI. Some think drinking is ok, some think smoking is ok, etc etc etc... I think it is between you and God. We know, in our hearts, what's right/wrong.

quickdodge®
06-11-2007, 02:09 PM
Again, it's faith. I believe because I've experienced God.

You've experienced what you think is God. There is no tangible proof that it was God. It is just a feeling you have. Later, QD.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Doesn't it piss you people off that you pray and pray and pray and nothing really happens?

Or that a non-believer (50 Cent) or fake believers can have everything they ever wanted, but you can barely pay your own bills?

I know what you're saying but..

True story: I've been worried about money lately. My checking account was getting pretty low. Even though it would've been easy to just keep my 10% tithe check that I gave to my church, I didn't. I put it in the offering along with a little prayer and a little faith that God was gonna take care of things. (this was yesterday)

Today, a lady that I work for part time realized that she was behind a month on paying me- so she goes ahead and writes me a check for what she owed me plus this months pay.

God never ceases to take care of me financially. I 100% trust that as long as I serve Him, my needs will be met- one way or another.

'chell
06-11-2007, 02:12 PM
Again, it's faith. I believe because I've experienced God. It's a feeling, a certain peace inside. He helps me overcome some things, other things I feel, is a test. Why does He test us?--- because He wants us to prove our love to Him and prove our faith, that we know He'll eventually, in HIS own time, bring us thru. He honestly comforts me when I'm upset, He provides for me - "B" - when I think their is no way out (physically, financially, emotionally). He really does. I'm not gonna preach to you guys. He's real, to me.

However, I am open minded to the fact that different people have thier own convictions- I went thru a period when I wouldn't read magazines. I have had lots of confidence issues and I decided they only hurt me (cuz I wanted to look like all those girls, blah blah blah). I know people who are convicted over watching CSI. Some think drinking is ok, some think smoking is ok, etc etc etc... I think it is between you and God. We know, in our hearts, what's right/wrong.

you could not have said that any better. Beautifully truthful! :goodjob:

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM
You've experienced what you think is God. There is no tangible proof that it was God. It is just a feeling you have. Later, QD.

That's the faith thing again. I do see what you're getting at though.

XanRules
06-11-2007, 02:14 PM

Similarly I don't like the idea that only Christians go to heaven.

I don't subscribe to any belief system that puts Gandhi in hell.

"B"
06-11-2007, 02:16 PM
I know what you're saying but..

True story: I've been worried about money lately. My checking account was getting pretty low. Even though it would've been easy to just keep my 10% tithe check that I gave to my church, I didn't. I put it in the offering along with a little prayer and a little faith that God was gonna take care of things. (this was yesterday)

Today, a lady that I work for part time realized that she was behind a month on paying me- so she goes ahead and writes me a check for what she owed me plus this months pay.

God never ceases to take care of me financially. I 100% trust that as long as I serve Him, my needs will be met- one way or another.

But the lady gave you the money, not God. Am I wrong?

06-11-2007, 02:17 PM

You have every right to believe that, all I'm saying is don't blindly accept everything that a book, or a man dressed in a pretty gown says. Judgement and skepticism is what the bible preaches, so why should it or the people who teach it be exempted? Don't change your ways just because either of the two tells you to do so.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:19 PM
But the lady gave you the money, not God. Am I wrong?

I believe God provided thru her...

But no, God himself didn't walk up to me and give it to me.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:22 PM
You have every right to believe that, all I'm saying is don't blindly accept everything that a book, or a man dressed in a pretty gown says. Judgement and skepticism is what the bible preaches, so why should it or the people who teach it be exempted? Don't change your ways just because either of the two tells you to do so.

Again, I believe everyone has thier own convictions. Ex: drinking, cussing, smoking, sex before marriage, etc... Some think they're all a ticket to hell, some think a few are, some think none of them are. I'm not the judge. I know what I am convicted of and, even though it's a continous struggle, I try my best to avoid those things & please God in every way possible.

And again, I'm not blindly accepting everything. I've experienced what I believe is Him. His love, comfort, healing, willingness to provide when needed, etc...

06-11-2007, 02:24 PM

What kind of god would have to test his followers by putting them through agony? If god is all knowing, shouldn't god already know what kind of person you are? You gave money to the chuch for donations, but shouldn't they be giving you donations because of your financial problems? Don't give all your money to the church. Next time you talk to the priest, look at what kind of watch he wears. Religion is one of the most corrupt businesses in the world. Just a few hundred years ago, priests would say if you gave them money they could do away with your sins.

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Similarly I don't like the idea that only Christians go to heaven.

I don't subscribe to any belief system that puts Gandhi in hell.
i know exactly where you're coming from, and i've never been able to make any sense of the whole "acts don't get you into heaven" thing.

i mean seriously, why would god create humans as an image of himself, instill us with instincts and a conscience, a sense of right and wrong, only to say it doesn't really matter....bc if you don't worship god, you don't go to heaven, no matter what great deeds you've done. that in my mind resembles a tyranny or a dictatorship, if you don't abide by the rules, you lose.

06-11-2007, 02:26 PM
I try my best to avoid those things & please God in all ways possible.
That's just it, don't worry about pleasing some one else, worry about your-self and what's best for you. I'm not saying to go kill people and steal things. Living life in fear of actually living it is a waste, and isn't wasting life a sin?

XanRules
06-11-2007, 02:28 PM
What kind of god would have to test his followers by putting them through agony? If god is all knowing, shouldn't god already know what kind of person you are? You gave money to the chuch for donations, but shouldn't they be giving you donations because of your financial problems? Don't give all your money to the church. Next time you talk to the priest, look at what kind of watch he wears. Religion is one of the most corrupt businesses in the world. Just a few hundred years ago, priests would say if you gave them money they could do away with your sins.

Maybe they did.

Man that would really throw my shit for a loop:bannana:

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:29 PM

I agree, to an extent. Their are many preachers that go way overboard asking for money. I know it even sickens God. That's not what God wants, however, it does take money to run a church and I am more than willing to support my church. They have helped me, spiritually, and to me that costs more than any earthly thing. My pastor would help me out if I needed money, hands down. But I chose to believe that if God wanted to use my pastor to bless me with money, I wouldn't necessarily have to ask him. He would just know. God provided and that's all that matters. (If i really needed the money I could've asked my family. But that's not the point)

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:31 PM
That's just it, don't worry about pleasing some one else, worry about your-self and what's best for you. I'm not saying to go kill people and steal things. Living life in fear of actually living it is a waste, and isn't wasting life a sin?

So you're telling me that if I don't sin daily, i'm wasting my life?

C'mon man. My life is full of wonderful people/things and (not saying i'm perfect cuz i'm far from it) I serve & try to please God daily.

06-11-2007, 02:32 PM
Lets all calm down and listen to some wholesome bible rock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezcoy-Lz8p4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCVTbOISv1w&mode=related&search=

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
Or how bout this... :goodjob:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zWmK0uX-2c

06-11-2007, 02:35 PM
The seed of doubt has been planted, I'm done here.

Kelly
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
The seed of doubt has been planted, I'm done here.

No doubt here. Nothin but love ;)

Have a nice day :goodjob:

ThatS13guy
06-11-2007, 02:37 PM
lirl :D

_Christian_
06-11-2007, 02:42 PM
sorry to interrupt your debate, but that pic made my day!!!

BABY J
06-11-2007, 02:43 PM
One time I put a tooth in a glass of water. I went to sleep. When I woke up, the tooth was gone and there was $5 on my nightstand. Imaginary people FTW!

BABY J
06-11-2007, 02:47 PM
LOL @ bible thumpers. Organized religion is nonsense. Why is "Christianity" a religion - while ancient Greek and Roman beliefs (which was RELIGION in their day) is "mythology"? LOL

The answer? People haven't accepted how fucking stupid it is yet.

_Christian_
06-11-2007, 02:48 PM
^i agree. i already gave u +1 for the 1st comment though.

BABY J
06-11-2007, 02:51 PM
One day - like we laugh at "mythology" and accept is as a stupid time that we as a people have passed through where we believed different things - so will we see todays views as well. I think it will be referred to as "Stupidolgy" by then though. Like mythology, it will be a class taught in college that people get to laugh at and say - DAMN they were so STUPID back then. LOL.

BABY J
06-11-2007, 03:02 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EEhXCiUeBuE&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sv7sRVdozGM&mode=related&search=

Get his book "God is Not Good" and educate yourself. ;)

umairejaz
06-11-2007, 03:05 PM

You may just be the smartest man in this thread.

RandomGuy
06-11-2007, 03:08 PM
hahah i have a feeling that some of the people offended by this thought the Quran-now in 2ply cartoon was hilarious. Things that you hold dear to you aren't so venerated by others as I learned. What can you do? Shit let 'em laugh it up I guess. It is the different colors that make the world.

But on the other spectrum of things, super athiests can believe some sort of Deist joke to be offensive so it depends on the person. So everyone can have a different effect to shit, why censor what you post? I'm sure some of the shit I post offends. Some person might've had a traumatic experience walking in on his grandfather and his poker buddies doing something and a link that I may have posted brought flashbacks causing epileptic seizures... ya know... Then theres the semi-religious who think that pic is wrong but like "LOLOL thats fucked up but funny" type of shit. Might be tasteless to you and be "OMGLOL" to sum1 else... I honestly think its kind of funny(in a satirical way-- look at the way its worded HAHA, you have to admit it made you chuckle a little, surely you believe otherwise its just the attempt thats semi-funny) Sure it's offensive and I'm Muslim (pretty close to biblical stories), Jesus is a prophet in Islam, But thats just how the cookie crumbles. People just make things to push people's buttons.... and this one worked, as did the 2ply cartoon. Think of all the racist shit we post on here... now imagine of we had a really racially sensitive person come up in this heap LOL... They'd cry for months.
[/RG seriousface]

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
shit i didn't know RG had a serious face...

ShooterMcGavin
06-11-2007, 03:13 PM
LOL @ bible thumpers. Organized religion is nonsense. Why is "Christianity" a religion - while ancient Greek and Roman beliefs (which was RELIGION in their day) is "mythology"? LOL

The answer? People haven't accepted how fucking stupid it is yet.
lol wow...

BABY J
06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
You may just be the smartest man in this thread.

Yes - Jaime has more brainpower than most people I've came across on IA.

Jaimecbr900
06-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Yes - Jaime has more brainpower than most people I've came across on IA.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

After reading all the responses since I was last here, I will say this:

It is easier to believe in nothing than it is for you to place your faith on something that has been double guessed forever. It seems some of you have put so much effort and thought into convincing yourselves that God does not exist. I really wish you'd put as much thought into honestly researching rather than merely being an arm chair quarterback skeptic. Not all "priests" are pedophiles. Not all church donations go into a preacher's pocket. Not all churches preach fire and brimstone. Many of you are stuck in this black hole of thought that convinces you I'm wrong without even taking a second to pathom that I can remotely be the opposite.

If some of you took even half the time you have obviously taken to convince yourselves God doesn't exist and used that time to honestly and truly explore what true Christians are like, you may just find that you have been extremely wrong about what you previously thought.

I'm honestly dissapointed to see just how closed minded and biased some of you really are.

I will close with this: If you have no meaning and purpose that is worthwhile and productive to your life and just as importantly others, then you truly live a meaningless life. I hope that some day you will wake up and realize that "life" is really not meant to be so selfish, and I hope that epiphany comes before it's too late to make the meaningful decisions you have to make in life.

Maniaç
06-11-2007, 08:55 PM
this threads gay, i don't believe in this shit.

Jaimecbr900
06-12-2007, 09:32 AM
this threads gay, i don't believe in this shit.

That was deep and insightful..... :rolleyes:

ShooterMcGavin
06-12-2007, 09:37 AM
well shit it IS maniac, u weren't expecting a thesis on religious theory were u??? :D

XanRules
06-12-2007, 10:11 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EEhXCiUeBuE&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sv7sRVdozGM&mode=related&search=

Get his book "God is Not Good" and educate yourself. ;)

I've read it, and actually, as much as I liked it, I couldn't get over how condescending he was. It's a weird read, because the guy's ego is out of control. He makes some good point, and I certainly recommend it, but seriously, the ego was a turnoff.

"B"
06-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Wow, this thread is still going. 50 Cent gets richer by the day by talking about killing and being a coke boy; and all you believers can barely pay your bills.

Nissangeek
06-12-2007, 10:36 AM

Did you also know that in the original Hebrew bible (or Torah/Apocrafa(sp?)) there is no mention of hell or Satan? There is also no place in the Bible that desribes Hell as the firey place that everyone assumes it is. It is only desribed as total separation from God. Just thought I would share.

Jaimecbr900
06-12-2007, 11:05 AM
Wow, this thread is still going. 50 Cent gets richer by the day by talking about killing and being a coke boy; and all you believers can barely pay your bills.

What's money got to do with this discussion? You can't buy your way into heaven, so what's money got to do with it? :thinking:

BABY J
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Strangely enough J - (we have had some VERY good debates on this subject) - putting more energy into the thought that there is a God (as it's taught) is what lead me to where I am right now. So - I am very open-minded about the subject. The more you REALLY dig the more confusing it really is - lol. And what a shame. Let's not forget that my grandad is a preacher and I grew up in the church. I think the morals and the things it teaches really is the way to go - but in all reality, it's no diff than putting a speed limit on a pole beside the road. There are enough people that ACTUALLY follow that 55mph sign b/c it's THERE and they can see it. There are the tards like me, that will go 80mph, but enuff people in the world WON'T speed JUST b/c that's the "law". IMO - religion is the same way - there is enuff people that believe it and it keeps them from raping every woman they see and robbing every bank they walk in. Do you see a speed limit in a driveway? Naah. Why - b/c if u go 80 up your driveway chances are you will only injure YOURSELF. You see limits posted only where there is other people... you only see "rules" (pick a rule, ANY rule) at places where OTHER people are. You can carry a shotgun in your kitchen or living room all day - u will likely only injure yourself if you get crazy with it. But every grocery store has to go through the hassle of putting a sticker on the window that says "no firearms allowed" - why? B/c there are other people - it "teaches" you how to act in order not to bother other people during their 45 minute shopping spree. Religion (organized) is "teaching" people how to act during their 80 years on the planet. Don't steal - don't kill... yadda yadda yadda. What a mind fuck - and it works.

What is REALLY happening is so subtle and slick that no 1 person will live long enough to "call out" the government on it. And that thing that is happening in ALL major religions coming "in line" w/ each other - little by little. I studied religion, and in all reality they are basically the same thing w/ a lil "regional" twist... seasoned to taste if you will. All of the "conflict" books in most "bibles" are left out - IN EVERY MAJOR RELIGION. The "missing" or un-included books will surely cause chaos - like a certain book (written by an author who has OTHER books included mind you - so he MUST have heard from "God" right?) that basically says "every1 makes it into heaven... PERIOD!" Gee - wonder why that book was not included.

Or - the fact that even the bible states that there are no "earthly" or "worldy" headquarters. Uh oh Catholics - there goes your Vatican - SURELY you all are fucked before you even get started. I can go on - but I will not. I seriously do not want to be the catalyst that fucks up the very thing that millions of people use in order to feel good about themselves and sleep better at night. But all I say is educate yourself on what you belive - know WHY you believe what you do - b/c in all reality - most of you don't know the difference between a Lutheran and a Presbyterian - yet you "live" by that title every Sunday and you don't even know how they differ.

Best wishes friends,

J'son

ISAtlanta300
06-13-2007, 08:39 PM
i know exactly where you're coming from, and i've never been able to make any sense of the whole "acts don't get you into heaven" thing.

i mean seriously, why would god create humans as an image of himself, instill us with instincts and a conscience, a sense of right and wrong, only to say it doesn't really matter....bc if you don't worship god, you don't go to heaven, no matter what great deeds you've done. that in my mind resembles a tyranny or a dictatorship, if you don't abide by the rules, you lose.

But that's the beauty. You don't HAVE to abide by the rules. You can chose how you live your life. Free will. Only your choices have consequences. Much like everything in life.

The Ren
06-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I love it.

thats cause your a closet jew

ShooterMcGavin
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
But that's the beauty. You don't HAVE to abide by the rules. You can chose how you live your life. Free will. Only your choices have consequences. Much like everything in life.

not necessarily, if the ultimate decision is made by those words that are in the bible...

God
06-13-2007, 10:44 PM
I love it.

this turned out way better than we expected hahahahaha

Psycho
06-14-2007, 01:07 AM
50 Cent gets richer by the day by talking about killing and being a coke boy
If you see that fucker around, tell him I'll have my revenge.

BuBBa DRiFT
06-14-2007, 03:33 AM
I really dont understand how people think posting threads like this will do any good. And if it doesnt, then why fuel the fire? Let people believe what they want. No need to openly mock it. I guaranteed Christianity in no way shape or form affected your life in a negative faction, so get the fuck over it and quit being tiny dicked biggoted idiots. i mean come on, its idiots like you that want to socialize medicine so illegal immigrants can get free health care! the ignorance of some people...

for those of you who are portraying their ideas in a mature and respectable level, +1.