PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a good (but cheap) local automotive painter / shop?

osnap
06-07-2007, 05:43 PM
i couldnt figure out where the best place to ask this would be... so WL it is. im looking to have my car painted... want to stay under 800 or so, but i sure as hell dont want to go to maaco either. id be willing to drive anywhere in the metro ATL area if anyone knows a reputable painter with good prices. id like to see some examples of their work if possible.

oh, and for the record - im looking to have my del sol painted Granada Black Pearl... its a 2-stage paint. complete color change.

thanks in advance, and lmk!

Hundo®
06-07-2007, 06:10 PM
SprayGLO pm me brent. dunno about 800 though, lol

wantboost
06-07-2007, 06:18 PM
^^^ what he said. if it is just paint and no body work you may be able to stay close to your budget. i had my car painted there a little while ago and must say i am impressed.

osnap
06-07-2007, 06:32 PM
yeah i know all about sprayglo. i was gonna go that route during their half price special but then didnt have the financial means to justify it at the time. im probably going to go with someone local instead to save some money, so long as i can see that they have quality work. i have a buddy who will do all the prep for me if need be so thats no big. $800 isnt some absolute limit - just an idea. i just dont feel like paying $1500, thats all.

5thgcelica
06-07-2007, 07:52 PM
sprayglos half priced specials consist of an hour of prep time and then sprayed. so basically macco. not bad mouthing them. just letting you know.

you cant get a good paint job, let alone a complete color change for 800. its just not gonna happen.

decent paint jobs start at $1500 and go up very quickly if you want it done right.

rickgiblin
06-07-2007, 09:18 PM
sprayglo still has the special going on. if you would like, i can get you a quote from jason when i go to work tomorrow or i can relay your number to him if you would like. when you call, tell them that rick sent you. thanks