PDA

View Full Version : f'd up

kilpatty43
07-06-2005, 12:18 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/asiapcf/07/06/pakistan.rape.reut/index.html

'Honor' rape: Five Pakistanis held

Wednesday, July 6, 2005; Posted: 9:46 a.m. EDT (13:46 GMT)

The married woman was attacked because one of her male cousins had an affair with a women whose father disapproved of the relationship, police said on Wednesday.

"The accused say they carried out this horrible act as an act of honor," said police official Mohammad Mumtaz.

The incident took place in the central Punjab province where the high-profile gang-rape of a woman, Mukhtaran Mai, on the orders of a village council triggered an international outcry.

Mai was attacked because her brother had befriended a woman from a power clan, offending male members of the clan.

Violence against women is common in rural Pakistan where tribal and feudal customs hold sway.

Hundreds of women are raped or killed every year by men intent on restoring honor after behavior -- by the woman or a male relative -- deemed inappropriate in the male-dominated society.

In the latest incident, eight men kidnapped the woman, Fauzia Altaf, in the town of Chiniot in late June after the main suspect, Anwar Ali, got angry about an affair between her cousin and his daughter.

Ali was among the five men accused of raping and torturing the woman for two days. Two other suspects had absconded while one had turned himself in and been released on bail, Mumtaz said.

President Pervez Musharraf, who is trying to project Pakistan as a moderate and progressive Muslim nation, last week condemned the violent humiliation of women and said his government was committed to ensuring victims got justice.

He also invited women from around the world to come to Pakistan for a conference and tell of their abuse and recommend solutions.

LaurenK
07-06-2005, 12:22 PM
OMG...That is so wrong. I don't see how any man could ever force sex on a woman, ever.

jdmlude
07-06-2005, 12:25 PM
i'd love to honor hillary duff....

but on a serious note, the fact that a council of people approved and allowed it is beyond me. but you also have to remember that this is in another country w/ different standards, ethics, normalities...

jdmlude
07-06-2005, 12:26 PM
OMG...That is so wrong. I don't see how any man could ever force sex on a woman, ever.

rape is surprise sex....j/k, that was insensitive i know.

AtifSajid
07-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Its pretty fucked up because in all 3rd world countries were the have villages and so forth, the villiage leaders decide fate sometimes and its sometimes wrong. I have heard this story too many times. They need knowledge..

4dmin
07-06-2005, 12:30 PM
well what we call rape they call honor :rolleyes:

i'm just thinking about how gay those guys are... sorry but sloppy 2nds isn't a fun way to claim honor in my eyes ;)

Kristi
07-06-2005, 12:37 PM
that is messed up. those guys should have their dicks cut off and shoved down their throats for that. IMO

LaurenK
07-06-2005, 12:57 PM
well what we call rape they call honor :rolleyes:

i'm just thinking about how gay those guys are... sorry but sloppy 2nds isn't a fun way to claim honor in my eyes ;)

Paul...come on now, please tell me that's not all your thinking... :eek:

4dmin
07-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Paul...come on now, please tell me that's not all your thinking... :eek:

i'm thinking there was a hint of sarcasim in my post :hint: :rolleyes: :hint:

Brett
07-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Thats fucking sick, Hope they burn in hell

LaurenK
07-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Yea right Paul...

Quit messin' with my shit...I'm gonna beat ur ass!!!!! I don't LOVE YOU...U drive me crazy!!!!!

HEATON
07-06-2005, 01:45 PM
So do yall now see why were are tryin to change the way of life in the middle east?

LaurenK
07-06-2005, 01:46 PM
I do...

Kevykev
07-06-2005, 01:48 PM
Completely different values of there.

That's horrible shit.

"Damn i done fucked up, Quick gotta find a woman to RAPE!!

wtf?

Jaimecbr900
07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Totally different culture and totally different people all together.

I'm with Atif. These people need some help for sure.

jdmlude
07-06-2005, 02:59 PM
So do yall now see why were are tryin to change the way of life in the middle east?

so do ya'll now see why every hates us? who are we to go in and say you can't do that, and then force american values and democracy on them? that's where the anti-american mentality comes into play, we are basically saying we are better than everyone else and everyone should emulate us.

I say as long as they aren't a threat to other nations (w/ there wmd), I say let them be.

HEATON
07-06-2005, 03:17 PM
Your right if a man (men) wants to rape a woman let him. And if a council says he was in the right and approved it, let that same council judge him to where he will be in his after-life.

jdmlude
07-06-2005, 03:26 PM
putting words in my mouth...by our standards, and mine, yes it's wrong. but who are, as a nation to say it's wrong? do you not know or understand anything about culture?

LaurenK
07-06-2005, 03:28 PM
It is wrong no matter what their culture thinks...It's pure human respect.

HEATON
07-06-2005, 03:32 PM
So since the Nazi thought it was ok to mass murder Jews we shouldnt have stopped them? Since Asian countires have tons of lil kids workin in their sweat shops, we shouldnt stop them? Since Middle Eastern leaders gass and kill their OWN ppl we shouldnt stop them? But HEY since its always been done and its in their culture its ok. Here's something about ALL our cultures (or atleast ones of European descent) The lords of the land would rape the wives of farmers if taxes werent paid, should we have not changed that also?

jdmlude
07-06-2005, 03:42 PM
you gave bad examples but i see what your saying. nazi = genocide, not a cultural difference.

sweatshops are prevelant b/c of necessity. in 3rd world countries education cost money and w/ no money for education, children turn to manual labor to support family. that's like saying I american kids that go to school b/c it's a cultural thing.

4dmin
07-06-2005, 03:45 PM
Yea right Paul...

Quit messin' with my shit...I'm gonna beat ur ass!!!!! I don't LOVE YOU...U drive me crazy!!!!!

wow i didn't know you felt that way about me lauren :tongue:

HEATON
07-06-2005, 03:59 PM
cul·ture-n.

1.The totality of socially transmitted behavior patterns, arts, beliefs :look: , institutions, and all other products of human work and thought.

2.These patterns, traits, and products considered as the expression of a particular period, class, community, or population: Edwardian culture; Japanese culture; the culture of poverty. :look:

3.These patterns, traits, and products considered with respect to a particular category, such as a field, subject, or mode of expression: religious culture in the Middle Ages; musical culture; oral culture.
The predominating attitudes and behavior that characterize the functioning of a group or organization.

-Nazi believed they were the master race and jews were inferior, thus didnt deserve to live which led to Genocide.

-Its the culture of poverty, to have sweat shops. Just bc they are prevelant doesnt they mean are right.

But glad I dont know or understand culture bc i just love talking my mind and not facts.

Jaimecbr900
07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
I say as long as they aren't a threat to other nations (w/ there wmd), I say let them be.

Sorry pal, but that's a very short sighted way of looking at the world. The raping of ANY woman or man for that matter is wrong, PERIOD. Culture smulture.....Cultures have evolved into civilized people since the dawn of time. Some have taken longer to evolve out of the dark ages than others. It doesn't make them any LESS wrong than when they did it back then if they do it today. A wrong is a wrong is a wrong. Doesn't matter color, age, sex, background, who your momma is....nothing.

It's one thing to still live in a male dominated society, yet even that's a far cry from gang raping someone because of "honor". :rolleyes:

What are these people? Cavemen? Human rights should be extended to everyone on the face of the earth. If someone has CHOICES it is one thing because atleast they have some control. Being gang raped is far from having choices and showing basic human rights.

I totally disagree with your "let them be as long as they're not raping ME" outlook.