PDA

View Full Version : You already know how much I love cops

XanRules
06-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Get this.

Last night I was in my first wreck.
I'm turning left on a green arrow.
This drunk-ass bitch runs a red light and plows into my car.

How do I know she was drunk?
She smelled like booze, was belligerent, kept asking me the same questions, and couldn't walk straight.

The officer on the scene said he knew she had been drinking, because he could smell it and noticed how she was acting.

His reaction?
"But I'm not gonna put that in the report."

He said the investigation was just taking too long and he didn't feel like giving her a breathalyzer, because he didn't "really care either way." He said it wasn't a big deal, and even if it was he didn't want to stick around because he was getting bored and didn't feel like haning around.

So, in conclusion, always remember: The Police are not looking out for you, and they are not going to help you.

Mike Lowrey
06-06-2007, 09:58 AM
Fuck You. Get out.

------------------------------>

iloveboost
06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Wow, you're bright. You call another officer to the scene, you call the police dept and make a formal complaint. You don't come on ImportAtlanta to cry about it.

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:06 AM
His sergeant was there and didn't feel like it doing anything about it. He was like "yeah I'll get to it."

I'm not crying about it, this is just to inform people that the cops in Georgia really do suck.

EDIT: but you guys knew that:goodjob:

Shawna
06-06-2007, 10:08 AM
did you get the ticket or did she?

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Neither. The officer didn't feel like issuing tickets because he said it was my word against hers, and he wasn't there so he didn't know whose fault it was.

Ed
06-06-2007, 10:10 AM
a cop once told me that as well... "i wasnt there so i cant tell whose fault it is" well duh most of the times they are never there.

quickdodge®
06-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Wow, you're bright. You call another officer to the scene, you call the police dept and make a formal complaint. You don't come on ImportAtlanta to cry about it.

Exactly. Xan, you're a goddamn idiot. You're pretty much just like that cop you hate. He didn't feel like doing things the right way(if your story is actually true) and neither did you. Instead of making sure everything was done correctly, you decided to go home and make a "I HATE COPS" thread and bitch and cry to us about it. I believe there is more to the story(or less) than you're posting. If not, and you had half a brain, you wouldn't have just let it go. But there's hope:

Maybe his supervisors are on this site and will see it?

Fucking stupid. Later, QD.

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I have done all of the things suggested.

I'm gonna get my ass sued, so of course I'm not disclosing too much.

This thread was sheerly to make sure you kids know: they're not your friends in this town.

quickdodge®
06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
This thread was sheerly to make sure you kids know: they're not your friends in this town.

What was made clear is that you're the goddamn dumbass of IA. Later, QD.

iloveboost
06-06-2007, 10:18 AM
So, you didn't think to get anyone's phone number that witnessed the situation? If it happened at a busy intersection there may be traffic cameras. Did you get the police officer's names to file a complaint?

What did you do to help your situation? If you're not looking out for yourself, who else is?

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
I did get the officers' names and have already filed a complaint.

There were no literal witnesses, but there was a guy who came out of his house, which is next to the intersection, to check on people. That's the closest we have to a witness, and I have already gotten in contact with him.

He tried to stop the drunk woman from driving away - twice.

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Note that this thread is not in lieu of any formal complaint or anything, I just needed to vent because this wasn't how I planned to spend my 18th birthday. And even if it was, I needed to vent.

Doppelgänger
06-06-2007, 10:26 AM
Hell, im sure some of you on here remember this. At one of the first dirft events t turner field a guy pulled out in a 240 on the main road by the area we were drifting at. This dipshit cranks into 2nd and is sideways up the street in the left lane (2 lanes each direction). He starts gaining on a white Ranger and decides to get in the right lane... still roasting off the tires. Well because the road is banked/cambered, the back of the car starts to slide toward the curb. Idiot driver lets off the gas but its too late. The front of the 240 slams the pass rear of the Ranger and causes the Ranger to spin which in turn comes around and meets the back of the now spinning 240 also and the meet with another nice crunch.

APD shows up and takes like 5 statements from all different people that saw it from different angles.... all saying the same thing and there were nice black marks fro mthe 240 showing exactly what happened.

What did the cops do?? Said it was a no fault accident and that he wasn't there to decide who was at fault and that the insurance companies should settle it.

Killer
06-06-2007, 10:29 AM
..... things aren't matching up with this story...

if the cop was saying he didn't know who's fault it was, and it was your word against hers.... wouldn't the alcohol come into play on that part???

my mother was in a similar type of wreck.... cept she was the drunk.... the wreck actually was not her fault.. but it was pinned on her due to her being the one drunk driving....

Doppelgänger
06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
..... things aren't matching up with this story...

if the cop was saying he didn't know who's fault it was, and it was your word against hers.... wouldn't the alcohol come into play on that part???

my mother was in a similar type of wreck.... cept she was the drunk.... the wreck actually was not her fault.. but it was pinned on her due to her being the one drunk driving....

Correct. Same goes with having a suspended license or no insurance.... you are automatically at fault because you should not have been on the road.

quickdodge®
06-06-2007, 10:33 AM
.. but it was pinned on her due to her being the one drunk driving....

With good reason. Kudos to that officer. Later, QD.

XanRules
06-06-2007, 10:34 AM
Killer: you would think so, but the officer said he "couldn't be sure how much she had had to drink," and since she COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN UNDER THE LEGAL LIMIT, he wouldn't classify her as drunk. My parents, who came to get me at the scene, said, "but couldn't you at least give her a breathalyzer or something?"

"That takes too long and I don't really want to be here anymore."

Killer
06-06-2007, 10:40 AM
yeah, i was in a "no fault" accident myself couple years back.... dirt road, sharp curve, couldn't at all see around the curve and there isn't enough room to get two cars through.... well me and some other kid knocked our fenders up... both cars were driveable.. just banged up a bit....

well the kid goes to call the cops, wouldn't let me call them from my cell phone... come to find out and actual officer had let him borrow the car for some time.... and well.. they tried to pin it on me.. even though it was no fault.. the officer that owned the car was the one who came out and filed the report.. try to tell me he's not gonna be biased.... the kid didn't even have proof of insurance, which if i'm not mistaken u can get a ticket just for that...

my insurance company called me a couple times, recorded my story, my passengers story..... thing got dropped in a hurry... lol.. my insurance was like... the owner of the car was a cop, and he actually filed the report!?!?! lol that's not gonna fly...

Killer
06-06-2007, 10:43 AM
With good reason. Kudos to that officer. Later, QD.

i completely agree..... (i wasn't trying to say my mother should have gotten off, she tried to take it to court... i was like... "u'll lose.. u were drunk and got what u deserved")

quickdodge®
06-06-2007, 10:47 AM
^^^ Gotcha. Later, QD.

Killer
06-06-2007, 10:48 AM
Killer: you would think so, but the officer said he "couldn't be sure how much she had had to drink," and since she COULD HAVE POSSIBLY BEEN UNDER THE LEGAL LIMIT, he wouldn't classify her as drunk. My parents, who came to get me at the scene, said, "but couldn't you at least give her a breathalyzer or something?"

"That takes too long and I don't really want to be here anymore."

you should have never let him leave the scene... you should have called right away to report him/them...

Echonova
06-06-2007, 10:49 AM
She was drunk and he's not going to ticket her?? I would have had a supervisor there in a second.

ShooterMcGavin
06-06-2007, 12:25 PM
so what dept were these guys from? sheriff, police, gsp?

XanRules
06-06-2007, 12:54 PM
No service. Ever been down by St. Francis Elementary/Middle school? It's a dead zone. The police were called by the guy who was at home when it happened.
We already called his supervisor, though.

Roswell City Police.

Fred Sanford
06-06-2007, 12:58 PM
Thread starter's title fits him to a 'T.'

XanRules
06-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Yup.

That's why I put it there. It's c/o QD.

ShooterMcGavin
06-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Roswell City Police.
never had the "pleasure" of dealing w/them but i have heard from numerous ppl that they're pretty big dickheads...