PDA

View Full Version : Misc In need of advice...

Princess12
06-05-2007, 09:03 PM
Ok, so I'm in need of some serious educational advice. I'm currently a student at the University of Georgia seeking a degree in Criminal Justice; however, they do not offer a Bachelor's Degree Program for Crime Scene Investigation (what I really want to do with my life) so I've decided to look elsewhere. No problem right? Well it's not that easy. Right now, I work full time as the Parts Manager for a Kawasaki dealership (a major passion in my life) and take classes online and at night. So I am in need of a school with a flexible schedule. HOPE covers my tuition as it is, so things are going pretty well. Anway, I'm looking at Kaplan University, an accredited online University with an award winning CSI program. My issue: HOPE doesn't cover it and I'm looking at $60K in tuition. I really don't want to take out that much in student loans, but I don't know of any other way to go about it. Any advice?

Cliffs:
A.) Student at UGA in Criminal Justice with HOPE scholarship
B.) Want a degree that UGA doesn't offer (CSI)
C.) Kaplan University does, Hope doesn't support them
D.) $60K for total tuition
E.) Need flexible hours that Kaplan accomodates
F.) Not crazy about $60K in Student loans
G.) Any advice?

Wurm
06-05-2007, 09:07 PM
call gill grissom

BlkCD5
06-05-2007, 09:15 PM
If its really what you want, you're gonna have to make some sacrifices. Think long term and pick whatever job pays better. I"m sure they're other schools that will work with your schedule and has your degree. I'm sure they're cheaper schools around.

Princess12
06-05-2007, 09:16 PM
call gill grissom

Lol... thanks! I'll be sure to hit him up on his cell first thing tomorrow morning! :D

Princess12
06-05-2007, 09:20 PM
If its really what you want, you're gonna have to make some sacrifices. Think long term and pick whatever job pays better. I"m sure they're other schools that will work with your schedule and has your degree. I'm sure they're cheaper schools around.

Unfortunately, there are hardly any which I was really surprised to find out. Albany State has a program as does American Intercontinental. Albany is pretty much out of the question due to distance and my inability to move at the moment. AIU is a possibility, but they are a private school and their classes are so small that scheduling isn't very flexible. Thanks for the help though! I really do appreciate it.

{X}Echo419
06-14-2007, 11:12 PM
just marry a rich guy. :2cents:

Kyle
06-15-2007, 12:11 AM
just marry a rich guy. :2cents:
x2. Just practice cooking and cleaning. ;)

ShooterMcGavin
06-15-2007, 12:14 AM
drop out of UGA, that piece of paper will be worthless anyway.....lol, GO JACKETS! :tongue1:

Kyle
06-15-2007, 12:21 AM
drop out of UGA, that piece of paper will be worthless anyway.....lol, GO JACKETS! :tongue1:
x2. GT FTW.

GSRtegŪ
06-15-2007, 12:37 AM
IDK, but good luck on the search.