PDA

View Full Version : Misc Dog shots and De worming dogs price?

Brut
06-05-2007, 01:08 PM
Does anyone know how much it cost usually for dogs to get there shots (like new born dogs) and how much it would cost for deworming. I might be buying my friends Pom pup and it hasn't gotten its shots and deworming done yet and I am wondering how much that would cost and see it its worth buying his dog for 300 or just buying a dog that already has its shots and all for 500. Reps will be given for your help! :D

St0lenR
06-05-2007, 01:16 PM
do the shots urself....there not hard. i gave all my dogs their shots

gtikid
06-05-2007, 01:35 PM
do the shots urself....there not hard. i gave all my dogs their shots

:eek: ... :thinking: ... :screwy:

So your a vet now too Hugo? :lmfao:

Shots and de-worming cost around $200. I just got mine de-wormed this past weekend at the Vet place off of Hwy 29, by Indian Trail :goodjob:

Leadfoot_mf
06-05-2007, 05:56 PM
i think u can adopt a homeless dog for 150 or 200 bucks they have there shots and are spayed /denutted already. www.homelesspets.com

seksicarlovinchick
06-05-2007, 06:20 PM
Does anyone know how much it cost usually for dogs to get there shots (like new born dogs) and how much it would cost for deworming. I might be buying my friends Pom pup and it hasn't gotten its shots and deworming done yet and I am wondering how much that would cost and see it its worth buying his dog for 300 or just buying a dog that already has its shots and all for 500. Reps will be given for your help! :D

You can deworm teh pup yourself for pretty cheap...like $20 for a small bottle of the stuff. As far as shots go...you have to get rabies and distemper...pretty pricey. If I were you I would look for a dog at the humane society. They are less expensive and already have shots, are dewormed, and have been fixed. Also...if you are looking for any larger dogs I have several at my home. We run an animal rescue in Gwinnette. We have dogs, cats, birds, ducks, chickens...you name it. Just a thought. Most def tho...get a pup that is already wormed and such...it will be cheaper.

St0lenR
06-06-2007, 12:00 AM
:eek: ... :thinking: ... :screwy:

So your a vet now too Hugo? :lmfao:

Shots and de-worming cost around $200. I just got mine de-wormed this past weekend at the Vet place off of Hwy 29, by Indian Trail :goodjob:

No, but injected all the goodies into junebugg....and u saw the way he was growing.

btw i weighed him the other day and he was 119lbs

The Ren
06-06-2007, 06:23 AM
I would spend the extra 200 and get one that already has shots and heartworm prevention.. one that doesnt could have heartworms and you dont wanna deal with that..

Spectic Tank
06-06-2007, 08:45 AM
No, but injected all the goodies into junebugg....and u saw the way he was growing.

what kind of dog?

St0lenR
06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
pit

gtikid
06-06-2007, 12:56 PM

Damn that's one big mofo. I can't believe you injected him :lmfao: I remember you used to carry him around like if he was a toy or something and he was bigger than me :lmfao:

gtikid
06-06-2007, 12:57 PM
BTW I weighed my Min Pin the other day and she weighed all of 4lbs :yes:

Spectic Tank
06-06-2007, 01:03 PM

Pit mixed with what?...no full blooded pit bull Terrier will be 119 lbs...EVER!

St0lenR
06-06-2007, 04:06 PM
Damn that's one big mofo. I can't believe you injected him :lmfao: I remember you used to carry him around like if he was a toy or something and he was bigger than me :lmfao:

LOL I still carry him like that...he's my baby and always will be.

Pit mixed with what?...no full blooded pit bull Terrier will be 119 lbs...EVER!

Presa Canario....he's still growing too

gtikid
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
LOL I still carry him like that...he's my baby and always will be.

:lmfao: You look like your carrying a big ol' bag of rice. That shit cracked me up watching you pick your dog up and carrying him upstairs :lmao:

s13sliderŪ
06-06-2007, 05:08 PM
www.mobilevet.com it will cost you about 35$ for the deworming and first set of shots they are probably at your local dog pound once a week . i know in douglasville they are there every wednesday so just check thier calender and see when and where is convienent for you

DinanM3atl
06-07-2007, 10:44 PM
240 out the door and included some meds to clear up my new puppies ear mites...

I think it would have been 200 with just the proper shots. Distemper and rabies and that 200 included a full 12 months supply of the heartworm meds to.

The Ren
06-08-2007, 06:12 AM
If you go with heartgard usually youll be spending about 32-60 for a 6 months supply.. Distemper at most places wont cost you more than $30 and rabies usually around $20 or so. If its a puppy I would recommend vaccinating it at least once with a bordetella (kennel cough) as it is a nasty viral/bacterial (its both..) infection and very hard to get rid of. Make sure you also get lepto with the distemper shot as I have seen a few people lately getting it from their dogs and thats not a pretty site. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer them (Im a reg. vet tech although I dont work at a vet anymore).

DinanM3atl
06-08-2007, 10:27 AM
If you go with heartgard usually youll be spending about 32-60 for a 6 months supply.. Distemper at most places wont cost you more than $30 and rabies usually around $20 or so. If its a puppy I would recommend vaccinating it at least once with a bordetella (kennel cough) as it is a nasty viral/bacterial (its both..) infection and very hard to get rid of. Make sure you also get lepto with the distemper shot as I have seen a few people lately getting it from their dogs and thats not a pretty site. If you have questions I'd be happy to answer them (Im a reg. vet tech although I dont work at a vet anymore).

What is this lepto you speak of... I don't think my Molly got that. She got everything you said and is "up to date" on everything!

The Ren
06-08-2007, 10:28 PM
Leptospirosis.. It is transmittable to humans.. causes liver problems..

TheSnail
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
I didnt deworm my dogs and they died last summer.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y261/thesnail/IMG_1281.jpg?t=1181359967