PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods anyone able to help with emissions

videotom
06-04-2007, 05:02 PM
I just moved to this state unaware of the emissions deals here. I am in gwinnett and have obd1 in an obd2 body. Willing to float some cash to get it passed, pm me so I do not have to get another car..

Thanks...

AnthonyF
06-07-2007, 08:19 AM
i use to be able too....we are trying to get our license back. they took b.c of a gas cap problem...fucking pieces of shit EPD. they suck.

Supercharge-stfu unless u kno what ur talking about. We license personal have to get all the info OFF THE CAR. We can have the registration but if it does not match the car it will not communicate with the computer. If i type you VIN in as 345834508n3ojdfdhf and the vin in ur ECM is ofhdfhsdr8wf23 it will go through emissions and it will either fail or it will not be able to communicate.

there isn't really a way to get OBD1 cars to pass. Stick ur OEM ecm in the car for testing, get it flashed for passing purposes, and then pull it out afterwards. or get a different computer that will be able to do all at once.

AEM's will not communicate with the computer. Smartest computer and it won't pass.

ur best option is to find a friend out of the 13 counties and register ur car there. :) I live in jackson county and 4-5 cars have no cats and no CEL. No if u have a pre 96 car, that's easy as pie. Just stick a different car on the dyno w/ ur information. :)

AnthonyF
06-07-2007, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE=TRYMY4.0]
Supercharge-stfu unless u kno what ur talking about. We license personal have to get all the info OFF THE CAR. We can have the registration but if it does not match the car it will not communicate with the computer. If i type you VIN in as 345834508n3ojdfdhf and the vin in ur ECM is ofhdfhsdr8wf23 it will go through emissions and it will either fail or it will not be able to communicate.
QUOTE]

well i guess mine failed then, but somehow got a sticker on it anyhow..... :???:

learn how to quote. if it passed, that is the inspectors fault. no affense. glad u passed...i love beating the system. But, if that inspector gets caught...he's a dummy. I bet he will get a fine. They pull up every single record.

more than likely they will come back to that inspector and say..."Hey...this vin doesn't match, blah blah..imma try fuk u ova hard worker"...and the inspector is just like..."umm..i dunno car came in, i did test, it leave."

we have a buddy w/ a '99 Viper TT at 1580hp (about 2000 to the crank) and he throws in a dummy computer, drives it to our shop, we test it and it shows "Not Supported" by everything. ahhhh it's hialrious.

Blaze the chemi
06-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I just moved to this state unaware of the emissions deals here. I am in gwinnett and have obd1 in an obd2 body. Willing to float some cash to get it passed, pm me so I do not have to get another car..

Thanks...
Do you have much done to your car? If you have basic bolt ons then get the OBD2a or b ecu for your car. It'll pass then unless you have upgraded injectors then you'll throw a "too rich" code. I have passed emissions with a turbo charged car. It's tricky, but I just slam the AEM back on and 550 injectors after I get the paper. :D

iloveboost
06-07-2007, 03:13 PM
I doubt many people will help you considering you only have 1 post. Too risky to try and help an unknown person.

Supacharge
06-07-2007, 03:23 PM
i guess you guys know way more about everything. sorry i didnt quote correctly; take your own advice and learn some grammar skills. i dont know why this is such a flame site. i simply tried to help the guy out and I get STFU and Learn to quote bullshit thrown at me. guess this site is for e-thugs. no more comment from me on this thread.

telum01
06-15-2007, 06:05 PM
uh, to the OP, have you considered water injection? it has a lot of benefits, and can help with emissions as well. it's not an immediate fix (unless you get it done immediately of course) but can help next time around if you haven't already passed.

scttydb411
06-15-2007, 08:36 PM
uh, to the OP, have you considered water injection? it has a lot of benefits, and can help with emissions as well. it's not an immediate fix (unless you get it done immediately of course) but can help next time around if you haven't already passed.

he's asking to get an obd2 car to pass that's obd1 converted. won't pass unless the obd2 ecu is in and communicating w/ no codes.

do it the right way and swap back to obd2 w/ ecu, sensors, inj, etc. if you're turbo'd remove the wg spring (if external) or disconnect the actuator arm from the wg arm (if internal). go drive for 80 mi or so and pass. if you swap back to your current setup or stay obd2 is your business after that. at least you've passed in the eyes of the clean air force...legally.

disclaimer: discussion is a hypothetical and not necessarily the views of users of this site or any other performance site.

ep9716
06-15-2007, 11:13 PM
I doubt many people will help you considering you only have 1 post. Too risky to try and help an unknown person.

X2

bafbrian
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Like stated above, just leave in a county that doesn't require emissions. That's what I love about Baldwin County, no required emissions tests. :D

QX56tech
06-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Do have any idea how much the fine is if you get caught? You do not ask for help on a public website genius!!!!!!!

Big J
06-19-2007, 09:55 PM
10,000 and a felony if I rember correctly