PDA

View Full Version : Summit Store

Novacaine
06-03-2007, 05:48 PM
Today I decide to go visit the new Summit store and drive 50+ miles all the way to Mcdonough(sp) to go take a look at the new store and pick up some new parts and get the right size collectors for the new exaust I purchased from them. Well I pull in the parking lot and see a 71 Charger in the window as well as a 5.0 procharged foxbody and it seemed cool. Go inside exchange some parts and place my order. Well I'm looking around while inside and noticed that the store is horribly managed.

They have 8 girls on the registers with maybe two people in line 4 people waiting in the return line with no one their to help them. People scurrying everywhere some doing absolutely nothing. Overlooking this issue I go pick up my parts and have to walk back and forth from the parts thing to the cashier and then back to the parts thing and they finally wheel the stuff out to my car. So I load it up except for the collectors to see if they fit and of course the new ones I bought don't fit either. Infact two "different" collectors fit exactly the same damn butt up way to the exaust pipe.

So I go back in the store this time with pipe in hand and proceed to go the parts order and I try to explain to the guy that I want the right size collectors and he goes off about flaring and welding yada yada. I knew this but the fact was that they should fit at least before having to flare our weld. Then he keeps going on after I've told him several times that I just want to see if the other collector sizes will fit. So he brings back a box that says 3" to 2 1/4" and shure enough the damn things dont fit either the inside our outside of the pipe.

All in all shitty experience with a dumbass who couldn't seem to register in his peanut of a brain that I wanted ones to fit not to have to preflare to even come close to fitting our weld them..... Dumbass's but that's my :2cents:

Halfwit
06-03-2007, 05:59 PM
my few expeeriences havnt been much differnet.

i asked one guy about a honda motor, he told me id go "have to talk to the nopi guys, cause hes a "drag racer" not a nopi guy".....

Grimm Reeper
06-03-2007, 06:19 PM

i asked one guy about a honda motor, he told me id go "have to talk to the nopi guys, cause hes a "drag racer" not a nopi guy".....

I probably would of said "Who's dick did you have suck to get this job, cause you apparently don't know what it mean we supply all your performance needs, I don't see where it says if it's an import to take your business elsewhere", then I would of called him a F%$^ Moron (while smilieng) and said have a nice day.

They have a variety of parts for domestic and imports, he shouldn't just limit his knowledge to what he does outside of work to being at work.

Halfwit
06-03-2007, 06:21 PM
and i was asking him if the store carried anything for a sr20 motor, and he coulkdnt understand that i meant i had one in my 240, but it didnt come in that car....

he had a mullet so im pretty sure the ugly camaro IROC-Z in the parking lot was his.

§treet_§peed
06-03-2007, 06:52 PM
l^^ol i rememeber you telling me about this lol

Novacaine
06-03-2007, 07:20 PM
I must say that the highlight of the trip was seeing a SRT-10 Viper and C6-Z06 make a run on South Fulton Parkway.....but yeah I wasen't to impressed with the morons.

Z06 stomped the viper.

koukis14
06-03-2007, 07:27 PM
This is going to piss off the girls on this site but in my experience girls have been nothing but trouble when in the automotive service and parts industry. The problem is all the male co-workers want to bang them so they pretty much get away with being worthless. I am not saying all girls are like this just 99.999% are.

AnthonyF
06-03-2007, 07:32 PM
they are arrogant as fuk with import people. b/c god only knows that the 5.0 is THE fastest car...stock. :) ahhahaha.

ive had good and bad experiences, but the store is awesome, just the people suck. but look where they are choosing them from

Wurm
06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
well i live 5 minutes from there and never have a problem getting stuff for my 240 not like they have a lot anyways. I always look online first

Total_Blender
06-03-2007, 10:30 PM

If I managed that store that guy would have been fired instantly:crazy: . Its not like you have to be "into NOPI" or whatever to sell parts for imports. Hell, I worked at autozone and I sold more ricer gear than anyone else, just because I wasn't afraid to break out the special order catalogs and stuff and show people what was up.

I order stuff online from summit every now and then and I've had great luck with them. Every time theres stickers, hats, catalogs etc in the box with my parts :laugh:

My friend and I are rebuilding an AMC motor and I think we are gonna go to the store to get the parts. Hopefully we will have a good experience. I'm gonna look on their site and get the part #'s and check the availability of the parts just to make sure :goodjob:

mxglory258
06-03-2007, 10:56 PM
I never had any issues getting import things. I've frequentedt he one in ohio, and have been to the one down here twice. Make it be known that you know they have it, and you know what your looking for. Otherwise thats how your gonna get treated, like you dont know shit. For good reason. They're there to help you get what you need/want. If you act like your in the dark on the subject, expect to get treated taht way. Hell, i bought main bearings for my D16y7 at summit. they had them..IN STOCK.

GSRteg®
06-03-2007, 11:18 PM
True that

This is going to piss off the girls on this site but in my experience girls have been nothing but trouble when in the automotive service and parts industry. The problem is all the male co-workers want to bang them so they pretty much get away with being worthless. I am not saying all girls are like this just 99.999% are.

RX4BRDM
06-05-2007, 09:35 PM
Same kind of problem with -8 to -10 fittings I think the guys name was Chris. F***ed it all up.

antiv6
06-05-2007, 09:45 PM
ive been there once with a buddy of mine, as long as you go there knowing exactly what you want and you look it up on the website you should be good, otherwise its kind of pointless, and i never got why all of the import section stuff there is so ricey, its like pep boys with more stuff, you can order good parts though, really its more of a domestic store

buddha@TeamFX
06-06-2007, 10:15 AM
they are arrogant as fuk with import people. b/c god only knows that the 5.0 is THE fastest car...stock. :) ahhahaha.

ive had good and bad experiences, but the store is awesome, just the people suck. but look where they are choosing them from

The 5.0 mustang thats in the showroom at Summit is Geezer's car off of streetcarforums.com it has twins...this is a pic of the motor...the car is very clean and makes some impressive numbers.

04CoorsCan
06-06-2007, 10:55 AM
Sounds like Mustangs Unlimited...lol...they could fuck up a wet dream. People that don't give a shit or don't know shit about what you are selling shouldn't be your front man for a business...Glad I have never made the trip down there.

Sol-Badguy
06-06-2007, 11:02 AM
My first time visiting that place was a couple of months ago.

I didn't know what the hell was going on with all of the different desks/counters.

I mean, I go up to the parts desk. "Yeah, I want to get a header. I looked online and saw you guys had it in stock."
"Oh, okay. You have to go back over to that desk in the middle of the building to 'place an order.'

I walk over there. "Okay, I want to get a header."
"Did you place the order online?"
"No."
"Okay, I'll look it up."

*5 minutes later*

"Okay, here it is. Order Number X"
"Alright"

*walks over to the parts desk*

"Okay, I'm picking up my header."
"Nope. Sorry, go pay for it first."

*walks over to the cashier girls* (dumb as fuck)
*pays for header*
*waits another 10 minutes for them to find it and bring it out*

I really don't see how all of that is necessary. Can't you just ask for the part, they find the part, bring it out, you pay for it and go?

1SICKLEX
06-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Yall bitch about NOPI, yall bitch about Summit. I have no problems with either...

OneSlow5pt0
06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
dont hate on the IROC...

Ran
06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
dont hate on the IROC...lawl