PDA

View Full Version : got a ticket

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:24 AM
I got a ticket out on the lake for jumping wake within a 100ft of another vessell and I personaly dont have any knowledge of such citations. I was completely in the wrong, so there's no complaining on my end. I am just wondering what kind of reparations I must now pay as well as will it effect my drivers licence?

I've tried calling the two numbers the officer left me behind and no one is picking up on the other hand. Thanks for any help in advance.

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 09:32 AM
Why would it affect your DL? Were you jumping wakes in your car? Later, QD.

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:33 AM
He got all my driver licence number and information. Thats the only reason I ask.

Sol-Badguy
06-01-2007, 09:34 AM
It wouldn't affect your license..

..but now I didn't know about that offense. I used to ski around other boats all the time.

Leadfoot_mf
06-01-2007, 09:35 AM
http://www.boat-ed.com/ga/index.htm
is your friend

Leadfoot_mf
06-01-2007, 09:36 AM
He got all my driver licence number and information. Thats the only reason I ask.
duh how else r they going to find you if u didnt pay the honor system????

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:37 AM
and about the fine..... anyone know?

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 09:37 AM
http://www.boat-ed.com/ga/index.htm
is your friend

"Reckless Operation of a vessel is defined as the disregard for the safety of persons or property. Some examples of reckless operation are:

* Water skiing or dropping water skiers close to swimmers, launching ramps or other boaters
* Jumping the wake of another vessel within 100 feet of that vessel or buzzing other vessels
* Causing damage from the wake of your vessel."

Later, QD.

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:39 AM
^we already know it's a violation.

Nemesis
06-01-2007, 09:41 AM
I had a buddy get charged for the same thing. I think he said it was around 600 dollars and 2 months probation on any Georgia lake or coastal waters.

Leadfoot_mf
06-01-2007, 09:44 AM
^we already know it's a violation.

i posted that because u said u didnt know it was illegal so i assumed if u didnt know that there is a shit ton of other boating laws u have no clue about so i felt u needed to be informed before u hurt yourself somemore.

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:45 AM
^yeah i agree with you and my comment wasn't direct at you :)

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:46 AM
I had a buddy get charged for the same thing. I think he said it was around 600 dollars and 2 months probation on any Georgia lake or coastal waters.

:eek: :eek: :eek:, serious?

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 09:47 AM
^yeah i agree with you and my comment wasn't direct at you :)

Well, stupid, I was trying to help you out since it's obvious you are oblivious to your predicament. If you had any clue, you'd do the research yourself or find a boating website. This is ImportAtlanta. Not BoatingAtlanta. Now a simple Google search netted a quoted fine of about $260. Next time you come on here crying for help, take the goddamn help or shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:52 AM
Well, stupid, I was trying to help you out since it's obvious you are oblivious to your predicament. If you had any clue, you'd do the research yourself or find a boating website. This is ImportAtlanta. Not BoatingAtlanta. Now a simple Google search netted a quoted fine of about $260. Next time you come on here crying for help, take the goddamn help or shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

haha, thanks for the help then QD. I was just stating that we already knew what you posted. I did appreciate you going through it though.

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 09:53 AM
haha, thanks for the help then QD. I was just stating that we already knew what you posted. I did appreciate you going through it though.

Dammit. Alright then. I only posted it because of you saying you weren't aware of a law. Not to undermine you. Later, QD.

Leadfoot_mf
06-01-2007, 09:56 AM

thanks you have started early today. lol :lmfao: :lmfao:

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 09:58 AM
I lolol'd reading that comment again too. Your an angry dude qd, but i guess that makes you you. But yeah, anything above 300 seems pretty damn steep :(

I personaly dont have any knowledge of such citations.

This is actually ment as a general comment about any water related citations.

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
I lolol'd reading that comment again too. Your an angry dude qd, but i guess that makes you you.

I don't get mad at the Internet. And I do what I do to get two things done. Get my point across and entertain. I just do it in a way that makes people think I'm pissed.

This is actually ment as a general comment about any water related citations.

Ahhh. It didn't look that way when I read it. Later, QD.

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 10:13 AM
thanks you have started early today. lol :lmfao: :lmfao:

Lolol. I aim to please, there, sir. Later, QD.

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 01:27 PM
^gonna leave the neg. reps intact?

quickdodge®
06-01-2007, 04:25 PM
^gonna leave the neg. reps intact?

I'll get them taken care of. Later, QD.

cactusEG
06-01-2007, 05:41 PM
I got a ticket out on the lake for jumping wake within a 100ft of another vessell and I personaly dont have any knowledge of such citations. I was completely in the wrong, so there's no complaining on my end. I am just wondering what kind of reparations I must now pay as well as will it effect my drivers licence?

I've tried calling the two numbers the officer left me behind and no one is picking up on the other hand. Thanks for any help in advance.

get a lawyer

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 05:45 PM
^ oh really? i was hoping this wasn't going to be a HUGE offense.

cactusEG
06-01-2007, 05:47 PM
^ oh really? i was hoping this wasn't going to be a HUGE offense.

always good to have a lawyer..

umairejaz
06-01-2007, 06:31 PM
^while i would agree with you, id rather get through this with spending as little money as possible. I think adding a lawyer will only add to the expenses unless i was trying to get away with other reparations such as community service or jail time?

Either way im quite not sure. I'll keep calling the numbers tomrrow or monday and get some information. Ill post it so maybe it can help others out but im not sure how much you guys would be able to use this information as this is IMPORTatlanta, as QD so eloquently put it :P

btw: props for anyone that tried helping.

Keebs ð¿ð
06-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Damn Umaire, next time atleast get a ticket worth bragging about. Everyone jumps wake... Try to get one for running a boat ashore and smashing the side of the boat patrol office, or atleast something interesting and entertaining lol. What car (#) did Abdul get? I never have time to go meet up with him lol

umairejaz
06-02-2007, 05:11 PM
^lol keebs you rock. And yeah what you said is soo true.

He bought an e36 m3 which you just might recognize. We should hangout though man. Up for a drive to the V this thursday?

Keebs ð¿ð
06-02-2007, 07:37 PM
^lol keebs you rock. And yeah what you said is soo true.

He bought an e36 m3 which you just might recognize. We should hangout though man. Up for a drive to the V this thursday?

Dunno, I'm off work but I think I'm going to sit this V meet out. Too much publicity

umairejaz
06-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Called them again, fine only and its $168