PDA

View Full Version : General Chat ITR cams vs. GSR

4doortypels
05-31-2007, 03:10 PM
i have a built bottom end (cp pistons, eagle rods, microbalanced crank(stock with griddle bored to a 83.5mm(1.9)) on my gsr. I am running 9.2 compression. Im thinking of running ITR camshafts. What would this raise my compression to?? its boosted and im am going to run about 12-15 psi. its got a block guard (stock sleeves). Will they throw a check engine light?? its a 94(OBD1) arent all ITRs OBD2?? wanting about 375 WHP looking to make btw 350- 400whp. but not more... yet

KevinT707
05-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm pretty sure cams will not increase compression, but I'd go with ITR. Bigger the better right? but then GSR are WAY cheaper so I guess it depends on your $$

TheChosenOne
05-31-2007, 07:21 PM
I'm pretty sure cams will not increase compression, but I'd go with ITR. Bigger the better right? but then GSR are WAY cheaper so I guess it depends on your $$
x2 (half way)

I agree that there is no way in hell that cams affect you compression ratio. As far as cams go though... you get what you pay for. Gsr cams aren't bad, but they are not anything to write home about. I have ITR cams myself, and they are amazing. The guy that had the car before me tried to run skunk2 stage 3's and bent valves. The next step down was itr's. Don't get me wrong, there's Toda, Skunk2, Crower, and some others that are pretty good, but the itr's offer the BEST oem experience that can compete with aftermarket cams.

Retro
05-31-2007, 08:39 PM
with that setup you can easily make the power you are looking for with gsr cams, i had a setup very similar to yours and i made 420whp on pump gas with gsr cams and 18psi

JKOBD
05-31-2007, 09:35 PM
I picked up over 2Xwhp over when I switched from GSR cams to ITR cams in my boosted ek. You may not see that much gain at that little boost level, but still a good investment for your setup.

secondgencamaro
06-07-2007, 11:50 PM
x2 (half way)

I agree that there is no way in hell that cams affect you compression ratio.

Almost. Cams cannot affect static c/r, but it can affect dynamic c/r with valve overlap. I don't think GSR and ITR cams have a different LSA.

Vteckidd
06-07-2007, 11:54 PM
Almost. Cams cannot affect static c/r, but it can affect dynamic c/r with valve overlap. I don't think GSR and ITR cams have a different LSA.
+1 for you.

I was just about to say that. SOme people shouldnt try an act like they know when they really dont.

Dynamic compression is an important part of any motor. Volumetric Efficiency , learn it, look it up.

but on a boosted motor, may not need to be known as much. GSR cams, SLeeved block, pistons, rods, 35R, walbro, JG Edelbrock, full race manny, 1000cc inj, bam 600whp.

Boostfed made like 45whp switching to ITR cams, but he was at 650whp.

low boost i dojnt think it matters. up to 450-500whp i would just run GSR

Vteckidd
06-07-2007, 11:59 PM
x2 (half way)

I agree that there is no way in hell that cams affect you compression ratio. As far as cams go though... you get what you pay for. Gsr cams aren't bad, but they are not anything to write home about.

So spoolin making 650whp on stock GSR cams isnt anything to write home about right?

I have ITR cams myself, and they are amazing. The guy that had the car before me tried to run skunk2 stage 3's and bent valves. The next step down was itr's. Don't get me wrong, there's Toda, Skunk2, Crower, and some others that are pretty good, but the itr's offer the BEST oem experience that can compete with aftermarket cams.
so some dumbass cant figure out how to install cams an bends valves an the next step down was ITRs?

so i guess SKunk2 Stage 2s, Skunke Stage 1s, Buddy CLub +3s are all below ITR cams?

how many motor have you built? how many have you dynoed? matter of fact what does YOUR motor make?

Please stop replying to people and posting false information, it wastes everyones time and leads people down the wrong path.

ITR cams arent anything to write home about either when considering:
ITR cams BRAND NEW are $450
ITR cams used are super hard to find, and 90% of them are fakes sold as GSRs or B16s
Skunk2 PRO1s destroy any OEM cam
Skunk2 STAGE 1s >ITR
Buddy CLub 3> ITR
GSR can support 450-500 whp turbo wise

so unless your making over 500whp in this thread or 180whp NA, leave the halfassed unresearch comments to yourself.

EmminoDaGreat
06-08-2007, 12:03 AM
easy tiger

secondgencamaro
06-09-2007, 02:38 AM
+1 for you.

I was just about to say that. SOme people shouldnt try an act like they know when they really dont.

Yeah, I learned that after putting a COMP Cam with a 110 LSA in my 9.0:1 c/r small-block. It went completely flat until 4 grand and was only pulling 8 inches of vacuum. Power brakes? HA!

Slade.Khazid
06-12-2007, 09:06 AM
GSR cams are better for boost

preferredduck
06-17-2007, 12:19 PM
So spoolin making 650whp on stock GSR cams isnt anything to write home about right?

so some dumbass cant figure out how to install cams an bends valves an the next step down was ITRs?

so i guess SKunk2 Stage 2s, Skunke Stage 1s, Buddy CLub +3s are all below ITR cams?

how many motor have you built? how many have you dynoed? matter of fact what does YOUR motor make?

Please stop replying to people and posting false information, it wastes everyones time and leads people down the wrong path.

ITR cams arent anything to write home about either when considering:
ITR cams BRAND NEW are $450
ITR cams used are super hard to find, and 90% of them are fakes sold as GSRs or B16s
Skunk2 PRO1s destroy any OEM cam
Skunk2 STAGE 1s >ITR
Buddy CLub 3> ITR
GSR can support 450-500 whp turbo wise

so unless your making over 500whp in this thread or 180whp NA, leave the halfassed unresearch comments to yourself.

damn dawg, don't blow a head gasket!!!!!!

GSRtegŪ
06-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Nice!

with that setup you can easily make the power you are looking for with gsr cams, i had a setup very similar to yours and i made 420whp on pump gas with gsr cams and 18psi

GSRtegŪ
06-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Yes, i do belive so....

GSR cams are better for boost